Small Questions Thread & "Living FAQ"

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="BrokenCycle" data-cite="BrokenCycle" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>You don't need to bring the crowd down with angles. Just block off your matches. Typically I'll have good matches to start, then a block of "bad" matches (define "bad" any way you want), then maybe I'll put alternate between good and bad, then bad, then good and good to close. I've also found that putting some hype packages to buffer before the main event matches helps a lot. Make them 5 minute plus.<p> </p><p> As long as you get some sort of understanding about Crowd Management, it's pretty lenient, and you could do a lot of different stuff. All you have to do is just recognize patterns, really. Pretty easy stuff.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Usually a regular or storytelling is enough to keep burnout from happening after a match that gets the crowd buzzing. That said, I've not done too much with really long shows, so maybe it works differently if you do it multiple times. Comedy and Eye Candy seem to completely reset the crowd, so that can split the show into two halves.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="shadowmaster" data-cite="shadowmaster" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Is their anyway to sell a child company? I've got several of them and decided I wanted to get rid of the ones outside of the US.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> No. Think you can end the relationship but you cannot sell them and profit.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="shadowmaster" data-cite="shadowmaster" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Can either a child company or a developmental territory rise above cult? Also, whats the difference between the two?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> No, the game limits them to Cult sized. And the in-game help quite clearly describes the difference between child company and developmental territory.</p>

<p>With only 1 show a month, it's hard to develop storylines for my 4C dynasty. I know that the 4C product doesn't need storylines, but I want to develop some to help with better booking so that I'm not just always randomly throwing things together. </p><p> </p><p>

As my 4C dynasty is more of my get better at the game dynasty and my WWF dynasty is more of a play around dynasty, I'm giving 4C a little more focus.</p><p> </p><p>

With no tv contract happening anytime soon, I'm thinking about instead of a 2 hour event once a month, doing a 1 hour event weekly, or a 1.5 hour event bi-weekly. What can the more expert players see as advantages/disadvantages to those options? Thanks.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="sportsfanmas" data-cite="sportsfanmas" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>With only 1 show a month, it's hard to develop storylines for my 4C dynasty. I know that the 4C product doesn't need storylines, but I want to develop some to help with better booking so that I'm not just always randomly throwing things together. <p> </p><p> As my 4C dynasty is more of my get better at the game dynasty and my WWF dynasty is more of a play around dynasty, I'm giving 4C a little more focus.</p><p> </p><p> With no tv contract happening anytime soon, I'm thinking about instead of a 2 hour event once a month, doing a 1 hour event weekly, or a 1.5 hour event bi-weekly. What can the more expert players see as advantages/disadvantages to those options? Thanks.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Not exactly an expert but for having more, shorter events what I've seen is.</p><p> </p><p> Pros:</p><p> </p><ul><li>More income if your shows have good crowd sizes and limited additional costs if you're production values are monthly costs.<br /></li><li>More exposure for people used at events<br /></li><li>Faster growth as a company<br /></li><li>Shorter = Don't need as many people to fill up a card<br /></li></ul><p></p><p> </p><p> Cons:</p><p> </p><ul><li>You can gush cash if your shows aren't profitable<br /></li><li>Multiplies any per show production costs<br /></li><li>Main Eventers expect to be on every event, so you might have trouble using others as much as you want, especially with 1 hour shows<br /></li></ul><p></p><p> </p><p> You almost have to have more shows eventually at some point to grow, but make sure it isn't going to burn all your cash reserves first.</p>

<p>Maybe a dumb question, but here goes:</p><p>

If I have a worker on my roster on a PPA deal, and he works for other promotions too and prioritises one of them over me, and I sign him to a written deal, he will still prioritise the other promotion in the 7 day window before the written deal kicks in, right?</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Gungner" data-cite="Gungner" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Maybe a dumb question, but here goes:<p> If I have a worker on my roster on a PPA deal, and he works for other promotions too and prioritises one of them over me, and I sign him to a written deal, he will still prioritise the other promotion in the 7 day window before the written deal kicks in, right?</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I'd assume so yes since the exclusive contract doesn't begin until he leaves the other promotions.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="D16NJD16" data-cite="D16NJD16" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Can a company have more than one "Season Finales" without it being considered cheating? I see there is no limit in the editor.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> It tells you in game that having more than one incurs penalties. Makes no sense having two Wrestlemanias a year. Why do people keep asking about this?</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="LloydCross" data-cite="LloydCross" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div><ul><li>Main Eventers expect to be on every event, so you might have trouble using others as much as you want, especially with 1 hour shows</li></ul><p></p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> </p><p> Every <em>second</em> show - a good rule of thumb is that main eventers want to be on every second show, upper midcarders every third show and so on. There are exceptions, and having the odd stacked show is no bad thing, but you can definitely spread things around a bit.</p><p> </p><p> And as LloydCross notes, running weekly shows in your home region is pretty much essential for growth once you hit regional. Showcase your best workers to help them gain in popularity/talent to get the best ratings in the main event, and your popularity will quickly rise up.</p><p> </p><p> I wouldn't try it at Small/Local as the money's just not there unless you have a large bank roll, but once you hit Regional, and if you have a product that's favourable towards sponsorship, you can go to weekly shows and really put your foot down.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="James Casey" data-cite="James Casey" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Every <em>second</em> show - a good rule of thumb is that main eventers want to be on every second show, upper midcarders every third show and so on. There are exceptions, and having the odd stacked show is no bad thing, but you can definitely spread things around a bit.<p> </p><p> And as LloydCross notes, running weekly shows in your home region is pretty much essential for growth once you hit regional. Showcase your best workers to help them gain in popularity/talent to get the best ratings in the main event, and your popularity will quickly rise up.</p><p> </p><p> I wouldn't try it at Small/Local as the money's just not there unless you have a large bank roll, but once you hit Regional, and if you have a product that's favourable towards sponsorship, you can go to weekly shows and really put your foot down.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Thanks for that follow-up. 4C is regional, and based on what you said, I think I can make a weekly, hour long show work. Sounds like there are plenty of advantages to trying it at least.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="LloydCross" data-cite="LloydCross" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Not exactly an expert but for having more, shorter events what I've seen is.<p> </p><p> Pros:</p><p> </p><ul><li>More income if your shows have good crowd sizes and limited additional costs if you're production values are monthly costs.<br /></li><li>More exposure for people used at events<br /></li><li>Faster growth as a company<br /></li><li>Shorter = Don't need as many people to fill up a card<br /></li></ul><p></p><p> </p><p> Cons:</p><p> </p><ul><li>You can gush cash if your shows aren't profitable<br /></li><li>Multiplies any per show production costs<br /></li><li>Main Eventers expect to be on every event, so you might have trouble using others as much as you want, especially with 1 hour shows<br /></li></ul><p></p><p> </p><p> You almost have to have more shows eventually at some point to grow, but make sure it isn't going to burn all your cash reserves first.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Lots of good info there, I'll need to check to see if my production costs are monthly or per show.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="James Casey" data-cite="James Casey" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Every <em>second</em> show - a good rule of thumb is that main eventers want to be on every second show, upper midcarders every third show and so on. There are exceptions, and having the odd stacked show is no bad thing, but you can definitely spread things around a bit.<p> </p><p> And as LloydCross notes, running weekly shows in your home region is pretty much essential for growth once you hit regional. Showcase your best workers to help them gain in popularity/talent to get the best ratings in the main event, and your popularity will quickly rise up.</p><p> </p><p> I wouldn't try it at Small/Local as the money's just not there unless you have a large bank roll, but once you hit Regional, and if you have a product that's favourable towards sponsorship, you can go to weekly shows and really put your foot down.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Are you sure about every second show for events? It's definitely true for TV shows. Maybe weekly events work the same way, but since biweekly isn't actually a setting in the game you pretty much have to make it two offset monthly events and for that I'm definitely seeing them get upset if I don't use them once.</p>

<p>Now I have another question, regarding my WWF dynasty, when it comes to titles.</p><p> </p><p>

I have a multitude of titles that I'm using. In my brand split, I have a primary and a secondary singles title for each brand. That won't be the issue.</p><p> </p><p>

The issue I'm afraid I'm going to run into is with the other 3 titles, which will not be brand exclusive and will be able to be defended on any show. Is that going to create a problem if I have my Tag Team champions as members of Brand A, but defending against a team from Brand B? Just as an example. I'm just wondering how it would work in TEW. Thanks.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="sportsfanmas" data-cite="sportsfanmas" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div><p> The issue I'm afraid I'm going to run into is with the other 3 titles, which will not be brand exclusive and will be able to be defended on any show. Is that going to create a problem if I have my Tag Team champions as members of Brand A, but defending against a team from Brand B? Just as an example. I'm just wondering how it would work in TEW. Thanks.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> For the titles that are not brand specific, just set the worker(s) brand to none. That way they will be available on all shows.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="LloydCross" data-cite="LloydCross" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Are you sure about every second show for events? It's definitely true for TV shows. Maybe weekly events work the same way, but since biweekly isn't actually a setting in the game you pretty much have to make it two offset monthly events and for that I'm definitely seeing them get upset if I don't use them once.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> The way around this is to make 2 different brands and assign them to the show.</p><p> </p><p> You can either do a basic brand split where you assign a brand to each show or do an “active” and “inactive” brand and move people back and forth between the brands based on show needs. Just make sure you assign the “active” brand to both shows.</p><p> </p><p> The game treats "monthly" events just like an annual event in terms of attendance/worker happiness so if you are going the monthly route the above is your workaround.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="southside_hitmen" data-cite="southside_hitmen" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>The way around this is to make 2 different brands and assign them to the show.<p> </p><p> You can either do a basic brand split where you assign a brand to each show or do an “active” and “inactive” brand and move people back and forth between the brands based on show needs. Just make sure you assign the “active” brand to both shows.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Just shut off the leave off complaints, they're entirely unrealistic.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Icecold" data-cite="Icecold" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Just shut off the leave off complaints, they're entirely unrealistic.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Not really...have you read any wrestling autobiographies or listened to any podcasts? The majority of workers want to work as much as they can...</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Jaysin" data-cite="Jaysin" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Not really...have you read any wrestling autobiographies or listened to any podcasts? The majority of workers want to work as much as they can...</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Imagine you're Vince McMahon, you don't book a Fandango match on a Raw, and you get an email from him the next day about it... What do you do?</p>