Small Questions Thread & "Living FAQ"

Running my SMW save, of course all my workers are on PPA contracts. Got my first big live show coming up, but one of my workers that was going to be featured on the show is working for another company that night. Is there a way to get this worker to work for my company? Or am I pretty much stuck and need to change my plans?

Running my SMW save, of course all my workers are on PPA contracts. Got my first big live show coming up, but one of my workers that was going to be featured on the show is working for another company that night. Is there a way to get this worker to work for my company? Or am I pretty much stuck and need to change my plans?

Well, the short answer is no -- not with out gaming the system.

The longer answer is, if your company is bigger/more prestigious he will work for you over them. Or you can cheat and make his contract with them expire before your show starts. TEW 2020 addresses this (from what I've read in the developers journal) but right now with out gaming the system there isn't anything you can do.

You could also change the date of your show to a day where he is available.

Well, the short answer is no -- not with out gaming the system.

The longer answer is, if your company is bigger/more prestigious he will work for you over them. Or you can cheat and make his contract with them expire before your show starts. TEW 2020 addresses this (from what I've read in the developers journal) but right now with out gaming the system there isn't anything you can do.

You could also change the date of your show to a day where he is available.

That's kind of what I was afraid of. When it comes to this, I'd rather not cheat or game the system. Unfortunately, he's pretty much booked elsewhere on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday every week, which really sucks because he could be a key part of the show going forward. I guess I'll have to rethink things

This may have been asked before, but I could not find by searching. I have a question regarding worker costs

Hypothetical Case

I have 10 workers each having a PPA of $100.

I only use 8 workers in a match or any angles.

Will my worker costs be $800 or $1000 for that show? I know there will be some additional cost like travel.

Thank you for your help.

This may have been asked before, but I could not find by searching. I have a question regarding worker costs

Hypothetical Case

I have 10 workers each having a PPA of $100.

I only use 8 workers in a match or any angles.

Will my worker costs be $800 or $1000 for that show? I know there will be some additional cost like travel.

Thank you for your help.

PPA means pay per appearance. Of course if you only use 8 workers at $100 each, it'll be $800.

However, it depends on what their downside guarantees are, too, which will pay the worker that amount if they don't appear.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="BrokenCycle" data-cite="BrokenCycle" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>PPA means pay per appearance. Of course if you only use 8 workers at $100 each, it'll be $800. <p> </p><p> However, it depends on what their downside guarantees are, too, which will pay the worker that amount if they don't appear.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Thank you for your response. I was hoping that was the answer,</p>

More of a forum question than a tew question but not sure where else to ask.

My buddies and I are working on a mod, and thinking about posting it here. I think we have permission from everybody whose data we borrowed, but for pictures we're probably just gonna google stuff and then cut it (a lot of which might be fanart). We're too lazy to track down artists for our bazillion pictures and ask them, and might wind up finding some cuts from other mods as well. Does the rule on other people's work prevent us from including the pic pack if we post the mod here?

More of a forum question than a tew question but not sure where else to ask.

My buddies and I are working on a mod, and thinking about posting it here. I think we have permission from everybody whose data we borrowed, but for pictures we're probably just gonna google stuff and then cut it (a lot of which might be fanart). We're too lazy to track down artists for our bazillion pictures and ask them, and might wind up finding some cuts from other mods as well. Does the rule on other people's work prevent us from including the pic pack if we post the mod here?

The rule about asking permission currently only applies to data, not pictures. If you're taking a large amount from one particular picture pack though then it'd be nice to ask the artist of course.

<p>So the in-game help might answer this but don't have the game in front of me to verify.</p><p> </p><p>

Running a regional company without a HUGE amount of money in Japan. It doesn't have a dojo. I typically have new worker generation on the highest level, at least for a time, as I like random workers and there are a lot of free pics available. In previous saves, there is at least one new worker generated as a free agent or thru a non-affiliated dojo once every 2 or 3 months that looks like signing up. But as a traditional Japanese puro company, its really nice to have "true born" workers who come thru the dojo system. Especially with the tsunami, it will be awhile before I have a reasonable sum to throw around to open the dojo at a decent level. But is there any point to opening a dojo at the 5% or 10% caliber? The quality of the dojo impacts the chances of generating better quality workers, but would one of that low caliber ever bring thru reasonable prospects?</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Bigpapa42" data-cite="Bigpapa42" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>So the in-game help might answer this but don't have the game in front of me to verify.<p> </p><p> Running a regional company without a HUGE amount of money in Japan. It doesn't have a dojo. I typically have new worker generation on the highest level, at least for a time, as I like random workers and there are a lot of free pics available. In previous saves, there is at least one new worker generated as a free agent or thru a non-affiliated dojo once every 2 or 3 months that looks like signing up. But as a traditional Japanese puro company, its really nice to have "true born" workers who come thru the dojo system. Especially with the tsunami, it will be awhile before I have a reasonable sum to throw around to open the dojo at a decent level. But is there any point to opening a dojo at the 5% or 10% caliber? The quality of the dojo impacts the chances of generating better quality workers, but would one of that low caliber ever bring thru reasonable prospects?</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I'd say no. I'd wait until I had enough money to make it decent level. I've never had a low-quality dojo, but I know that the dojo rating affects the quality of graduates that come out of it. You could always roll the dice -- because I know the dojo can increase in prestige over time so you can hope that your dojo will increase as time goes on.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="guyver3" data-cite="guyver3" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>how long does simmering tension last? had HBK turn half the locker room on the Rock but its only simmering tension and i dont want to risk making it worse if it'll go away in a month or two</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Six Months as long as no more incidents happen.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="kdcastles" data-cite="kdcastles" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Forgive me if this has been asked before, but I searched and didn't find the answer. Can a retired worker un-retire? I know I can make it happen through the editor, but I'm wondering if there's a chance someone comes back to in-ring competition.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Nope</p>

So just ran into something that felt like a bug but not sure. So figured I would ask. Started a save with BCG, playing as Maeda as owner. GCG comes in for a number of workers right away. I have in previous saves been able to keep Okamoto, baby Taku, and Tanyu Toshusai by counter-offering GCG and offering more. I've managed to keep all three in most previous attempts, with Okamoto and Taku becoming loyal, but Toshusai doesn't (age). But this time, I offered all three new deals on Monday, Week 1, January. GCG offers Okamoto and Taku on Tuesday so I counter. On Wednesday, I get notifications that GCG offered a deal to Tanyu and another notification saying he accepted. Same day. No chance to counter-offer. I've never seen that and it struck me as strange.

<p>Referee Popularity</p><p> </p><p>

This may be an incredibly dumb question...</p><p> </p><p>

Does a ref's pop affect matches in a Pop over Performance fed?</p><p> </p><p>

Also, I hate running pop over performance as Road to Glory. It's not fun once you hit regional battles and can't afford good (popular) talent.</p><p> </p><p>

Another thing, it's SO expensive to keep up with CPU production values. Are all these companies just printing their own money?? Geez.</p>