Small Questions Thread & "Living FAQ"

<p>Hello everyone, I've been playing again for a while and got two questions for you:</p><p> </p><p>

1) Is there anything I can do to "cap" a workers Overness? I have a hot babyface tag team and they both got the recommended "Main Eventer" push from the game, but I don't want them up there yet. If I put them back into the upper midcard they get annoyed with me, if I leave them up in the main event the game pushes two of my "real" main event babyfaces into the upper midcard. Should I just leave everyone in the ME despite what the game recommends as a push?</p><p> </p><p>

2) Any ideas on what to do with older guys who are declining but you don't want to let go because they've been in the company for ages? I have three older guys (40+) who are slowing down hard and their matches are always the lowest rated on the card, but they've been with me for years and I don't just want to toss them out.</p>

Hello everyone, I've been playing again for a while and got two questions for you:

1) Is there anything I can do to "cap" a workers Overness? I have a hot babyface tag team and they both got the recommended "Main Eventer" push from the game, but I don't want them up there yet. If I put them back into the upper midcard they get annoyed with me, if I leave them up in the main event the game pushes two of my "real" main event babyfaces into the upper midcard. Should I just leave everyone in the ME despite what the game recommends as a push?

2) Any ideas on what to do with older guys who are declining but you don't want to let go because they've been in the company for ages? I have three older guys (40+) who are slowing down hard and their matches are always the lowest rated on the card, but they've been with me for years and I don't just want to toss them out.

There is no penalty having both as main event, you just need to manually assign rather than auto push.

On 2 I would either make occasional push if popular enough to put people over or move to a developmental set up to help up and commers. Other option is to tag one old with one young guy but only really helps if they have the pop or psych to help ratings of the younger partner.

Or classic manager, staff transition if good enough

<p>Signed a TV deal with the biggest Mexican broadcaster, and then I canceled the one I had with a smaller Mexican company. But the deal with the large one won't start and it won't let me cancel. I also can't get any other deals with Mexican broadcasters. I checked and there is no competing or clashing coverage. </p><p> </p><p>

Any ideas on how to fix this?</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="cultstatus" data-cite="cultstatus" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Signed a TV deal with the biggest Mexican broadcaster, and then I canceled the one I had with a smaller Mexican company. But the deal with the large one won't start and it won't let me cancel. I also can't get any other deals with Mexican broadcasters. I checked and there is no competing or clashing coverage. <p> </p><p> Any ideas on how to fix this?</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> You cant it's not broken. When you signed the new deal the pop up will have said this will not start until the end of your existing deal even if you cancel it. Essentially you are locked out now until the original deal was due to end and the new one start.</p><p> </p><p> I am not aware of anyway to avoid that mid game except perhaps via creating your own broadcaster</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="smw88" data-cite="smw88" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>You cant it's not broken. When you signed the new deal the pop up will have said this will not start until the end of your existing deal even if you cancel it. Essentially you are locked out now until the original deal was due to end and the new one start.<p> </p><p> I am not aware of anyway to avoid that mid game except perhaps via creating your own broadcaster</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Ugh. I've never seen a TV deal not start after you cancel another one. Lame.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="aXminster" data-cite="aXminster" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>So, Ric Flair only wanted to work Events for me (WCW), then he went and signed with the WWF working regular shows. Now his contract is up and WWF doesn't want to renew. I tried approaching him and he still only wants to work Events for me?<p> </p><p> Is there anything I'm missing? Tried giving him bonuses and Creative Control to no success.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> No answer for you, but this does indeed suck and happens a lot to me in my game. Adam, is there someway to fix this for future updates?</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="cultstatus" data-cite="cultstatus" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Signed a TV deal with the biggest Mexican broadcaster, and then I canceled the one I had with a smaller Mexican company. But the deal with the large one won't start and it won't let me cancel. I also can't get any other deals with Mexican broadcasters. I checked and there is no competing or clashing coverage. <p> </p><p> Any ideas on how to fix this?</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Depending how long it's been since you signed the deal and cancelled the other one, you could try "game recovery" to see if it reverts back to before you cancelled the deal.</p>

Is it possible that someone backstage is supplying my guys with drugs? I do a full roster drug test every month and I always catch at least one person addicted to pain killers. Its never anything else, always pain killers. I don't have a dirty doctor backstage, so that can't be it.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="RichWolf" data-cite="RichWolf" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Is it possible that someone backstage is supplying my guys with drugs? I do a full roster drug test every month and I always catch at least one person addicted to pain killers. Its never anything else, always pain killers. I don't have a dirty doctor backstage, so that can't be it.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Is your product insanely dangerous, and are you working guys through fatigue? I'm not sure that has any effect, but it would make sense if it did, so I ask.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Makhai" data-cite="Makhai" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Is your product insanely dangerous, and are you working guys through fatigue? I'm not sure that has any effect, but it would make sense if it did, so I ask.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Danger and Intensity are at 40%, the lowest I can go with the product I have. I run a weekly TV show and it looks like there are 1-2 houseshows every week, checked through the roster and nobody is fatigued. </p><p> </p><p> The positive thing about it is that I already have a loyalty relationship with four guys now because I sent them to rehab</p>

Been thinking about dipping into Quebec Pro Wrestling and running a local promotion there. Not near my computer at the moment, so I wanted to ask how many Quebecois wrestlers are in the database who could fill the roster? I can think of Montreal Mafia, but anyone else?

Been thinking about dipping into Quebec Pro Wrestling and running a local promotion there. Not near my computer at the moment, so I wanted to ask how many Quebecois wrestlers are in the database who could fill the roster? I can think of Montreal Mafia, but anyone else?

Fourteen wrestlers, one manager, and three announcers.

How do I make sure positive meddling of people whose sexuality would allow them to date (and they are not dating nor married to anyone in/out of business)...

How do I make sure...

I WANNA HOOK UP MELANIE FLORENCE AND COLIN CHALKE HALP PLZ

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Eidenhoek" data-cite="Eidenhoek" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>How do I make sure positive meddling of people whose sexuality would allow them to date (and they are not dating nor married to anyone in/out of business)...<p> </p><p> How do I make sure...</p><p> </p><p> I WANNA HOOK UP MELANIE FLORENCE AND COLIN CHALKE HALP PLZ</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> </p><p> By meddling I think you can only get friendships, but there's a relationship editor in the options</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Liger!Liger!" data-cite="Liger!Liger!" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>By meddling I think you can only get friendships, but there's a relationship editor in the options</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Yeah, Best Friends can't be meddled better.</p><p> </p><p> ...</p><p> </p><p> How long does it take best friends to get married irl <_< >_></p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="cultstatus" data-cite="cultstatus" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Is there a way to get rid of a 3rd brand without undoing the entire brand split? I have Raw/SD/205 Live and it is not letting me get rid of 205 Live.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> No. That was announced as being part of TEW2020.</p>

<p>I am trying the demo and I am having the hardest time to get mods to work. I create a new mod folder, extract the download to desktop and drag to replace in newmod folder, yet when I select it gives me database errors. I am wanting to do the April update I saw here. </p><p>

<a href="http://www.greydogsoftware.com/forum/showthread.php?t=541710" rel="external nofollow">http://www.greydogsoftware.com/forum/showthread.php?t=541710</a></p><p> </p><p>

I am assuming mods work on the demo, that shouldn't be the issue, should it? I don't know what else to do. It's probably something simple I am doing wrong. </p><p> </p><p>

Thanks!</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Brandwin" data-cite="Brandwin" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I am trying the demo and I am having the hardest time to get mods to work. I create a new mod folder, extract the download to desktop and drag to replace in newmod folder, yet when I select it gives me database errors. I am wanting to do the April update I saw here. <p> <a href="http://www.greydogsoftware.com/forum/showthread.php?t=541710" rel="external nofollow">http://www.greydogsoftware.com/forum/showthread.php?t=541710</a></p><p> </p><p> I am assuming mods work on the demo, that shouldn't be the issue, should it? I don't know what else to do. It's probably something simple I am doing wrong. </p><p> </p><p> Thanks!</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> What errors are you getting?</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Jaysin" data-cite="Jaysin" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>What errors are you getting?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Things like - </p><p> Error: There are no non-user workers active when games begins</p><p> Error: There are no companies active when game begins</p><p> Error: There must be at least 15 unrestricted event names available for USA-based companies</p><p> </p><p> </p><p> there are 17 of these errors.</p>