Small Questions Thread & "Living FAQ"

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Mike7273" data-cite="Mike7273" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Using my first Touring Schedule. I have Broadcasting contract for Touring Highlights, but I'm not seeing any show rating or that it was even shown on TV.</div></blockquote><p> Yep, that's how it works with tour highlight shows. The event itself is not being broadcast on tv as a whole, so there's no tv ratings for it.</p><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="MW2Player2003" data-cite="MW2Player2003" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Is there any way to force my owner to leave his position so that I can takeover as owner instead of booker in the middle of the game? (7 Years In)</div></blockquote><p> Do the following: Under options, add a new player and pick any worker you wish, preferably one who is unemployed and choose to stay unemployed. Then, leave the game with the booker of the company you're talking about. Add the owner you want to play as and pick the company. Leave the game with the unemployed user character you just picked.</p><p> I hope what I just wrote makes sense for you.</p>

<p>Does Next Big Thing just mean that a worker has no overness cap? I'm wondering why Storm Spillane, who is said to be able to carry an entire promotion on his back, would appear there.</p><p> </p><p>

He's got 37 Charisma and 57 SQ yet he 'has the feel of a future star.'</p>

<p>I'm currently running WWE... and I'm facing the problem of the card being too stacked / too many hot angles. I have a lot of great talent working on RAW but I'm getting penalized because I'm having a difficult time cooling the crowd properly. I mean, shouldn't the point be to have an acclaimed 2 hour show each time out ? I remember lots of times during the Attitude Era where RAW was hot from start to finish. </p><p> </p><p>

How do I resolve this? Should I be sending some of my upper midcarders and main eventers to child companies or on vacation, etc. ?</p>

<p>Question about development. Let's say a wrestler on my roster retires. His stats are good for a trainer, if I send him to train, will he affect anyone since he cannot compete? </p><p> </p><p>

Does the development happen because of the booking or are there just automatic rises regardless of the angle or match the worker is auto booked in?</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="TheRyanLee" data-cite="TheRyanLee" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I'm currently running WWE... and I'm facing the problem of the card being too stacked / too many hot angles. I have a lot of great talent working on RAW but I'm getting penalized because I'm having a difficult time cooling the crowd properly. I mean, shouldn't the point be to have an acclaimed 2 hour show each time out ? I remember lots of times during the Attitude Era where RAW was hot from start to finish. <p> </p><p> How do I resolve this? Should I be sending some of my upper midcarders and main eventers to child companies or on vacation, etc. ?</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> You need to use the match aims. There are countles threads on this in the forum and posts about it in this thread.</p><p> </p><p> Basically, no the answer is not to have a show be a perfect 10 all the way through. It's not realistic. Some general rules to avoid this...</p><p> </p><p> </p><p> Never run back to back matches that are similar. You can still get two 100 ratings by doing one match with a slow build and then the next all out. But never follow an all out with a wild brawl or high spots car crash etc...</p><p> </p><p> You can also use calm the crowd to basically have a shit match. This is most effective before your main event, if you intend to use the match aim of spectacular, epic, or once in a lifetime. Also before technical masterclass, but that doesn't seem to make a good main event for me usually. But that's because of my product settings.</p><p> </p><p> </p><p> You can turn off perfect show theory by going to user settings and turning off crowd management. Then you can run the show the way you want without the obstacle.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="jgriff3029" data-cite="jgriff3029" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I am not making myself clear with "the segment was penalized due to a lack an associated storyline" penalty. I know what triggers it when the two workers are in a storyline (ie. I am not getting the storyline enough heat). However, i get a match penalty in the dirt sheet that reads "the segment was penalized due to a lack of an associated storyline" and the workers involved in the match are not in a storyline. I notice it happens a lot in the main event when the workers aren't involved in a storyline together. Last night I got it in a midcard match playing the Golden Era mod. Steamboat and Bob Orton wrestled. Steamboat is in a storyline with Savage and Orton is not in a storyline. Savage was not involved in the match or segment. When looking at the results Steamboat got a 94 match rating and Orton I believe an 81. The match only scored a 72 so I checked the dirtsheet to see where the penalties occurred and the match got the "the segment was penalized due to a lack of an associated storyline"<p> After running another card I realized I was using the wrong word: It is lack of "associated storyline", not "hot storyline"</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> If you are running an entertainment or traditional focus then you in each main event you must progress a storyline. So if you have Wrestle A feuding with Wrestle B. But on an event or TV show book Wrestle A to or face Wrestling B, with no interference, distraction, guest ref or commentator, then you will incur the lack of associated story line penalty. To get around this I use the distraction note that doesn't affect the outcome of the match. Just imagine it's wrestle B coming to ringside to watch or something.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="BiffJordan" data-cite="BiffJordan" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>You need to use the match aims. There are countles threads on this in the forum and posts about it in this thread.<p> </p><p> Basically, no the answer is not to have a show be a perfect 10 all the way through. It's not realistic. Some general rules to avoid this...</p><p> </p><p> </p><p> Never run back to back matches that are similar. You can still get two 100 ratings by doing one match with a slow build and then the next all out. But never follow an all out with a wild brawl or high spots car crash etc...</p><p> </p><p> You can also use calm the crowd to basically have a shit match. This is most effective before your main event, if you intend to use the match aim of spectacular, epic, or once in a lifetime. Also before technical masterclass, but that doesn't seem to make a good main event for me usually. But that's because of my product settings.</p><p> </p><p> </p><p> You can turn off perfect show theory by going to user settings and turning off crowd management. Then you can run the show the way you want without the obstacle.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I'm using the match aims and calm the crowd.. I think my issue is that almost all of my angles are hot angles. Thanks for the feedback.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="TheRyanLee" data-cite="TheRyanLee" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I'm using the match aims and calm the crowd.. I think my issue is that almost all of my angles are hot angles. Thanks for the feedback.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Basically think about the flow of a live show. You need bathroom breaks. Those 'hot all the way through' attitude era shows were anything but...</p><p> </p><p> You had bra and panties matches, comedy matches, Jeff Jarrett segments, random backstage comedy segments, and short promos between any main event angle.</p><p> </p><p> You would never have run a Stone Cold storyline segment followed by Undertaker, followed by DX, followed by The Rock, followed by more top guys.</p><p> </p><p> There were 3-5 minute tv commercial breaks that needed to be accounted for also. So think about using those tv breaks to cool the crowd with some random segment using less over workers.</p><p> </p><p> Remember you just need 3 high rated angles and all the rest are throw aways regarding your show's final rating.</p>

Yep, that's how it works with tour highlight shows. The event itself is not being broadcast on tv as a whole, so there's no tv ratings for it.

Do the following: Under options, add a new player and pick any worker you wish, preferably one who is unemployed and choose to stay unemployed. Then, leave the game with the booker of the company you're talking about. Add the owner you want to play as and pick the company. Leave the game with the unemployed user character you just picked.

I hope what I just wrote makes sense for you.

Ok it worked it just took away all of my user talents points that I had gained but that isn't a big deal

Basically think about the flow of a live show. You need bathroom breaks. Those 'hot all the way through' attitude era shows were anything but...

You had bra and panties matches, comedy matches, Jeff Jarrett segments, random backstage comedy segments, and short promos between any main event angle.

You would never have run a Stone Cold storyline segment followed by Undertaker, followed by DX, followed by The Rock, followed by more top guys.

There were 3-5 minute tv commercial breaks that needed to be accounted for also. So think about using those tv breaks to cool the crowd with some random segment using less over workers.

Remember you just need 3 high rated angles and all the rest are throw aways regarding your show's final rating.

Yeah, you're right. But unfortunately there are no commercial breaks in TEW. In real life, WWE usually goes dark on breaks unless there's a match in progress. My problem is that my throwaway angles are doing better than they should lol. I'll keep experimenting.

Yeah, you're right. But unfortunately there are no commercial breaks in TEW. In real life, WWE usually goes dark on breaks unless there's a match in progress. My problem is that my throwaway angles are doing better than they should lol. I'll keep experimenting.

Hmm. I guess the most fool proof way of crowd control is doing a match aimed at being comedy with two comedy workers. Calm the crowd note works as well. These are short 5 minute max matches.

TEW technically does have commercial breaks. It's just you're booking for the live crowd. You can envision your breaks going where ever you want, but if you're broadcasting live on a commercial network there are breaks in there.

Hmm. I guess the most fool proof way of crowd control is doing a match aimed at being comedy with two comedy workers. Calm the crowd note works as well. These are short 5 minute max matches.

TEW technically does have commercial breaks. It's just you're booking for the live crowd. You can envision your breaks going where ever you want, but if you're broadcasting live on a commercial network there are breaks in there.

oh okay thanks, i actually didn't realize that.

If you are running an entertainment or traditional focus then you in each main event you must progress a storyline. So if you have Wrestle A feuding with Wrestle B. But on an event or TV show book Wrestle A to or face Wrestling B, with no interference, distraction, guest ref or commentator, then you will incur the lack of associated story line penalty. To get around this I use the distraction note that doesn't affect the outcome of the match. Just imagine it's wrestle B coming to ringside to watch or something.

Thanks for the reply. That's what I figured for the main event. Do you know what triggers it during middle of the card matches. The Orton/Steamboat match for example was the 3rd of 6 matches on my A show.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="MW2Player2003" data-cite="MW2Player2003" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I want to make a new title meant for high fliers, but not like the cruiserweight title with specific weight limits. This would allow me to include workers like RVD. Any suggestions for a name?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> * No Limits</p><p> * All Action</p><p> * Xtreme Action or X Title (take off on/inspiration from X games)</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="jgriff3029" data-cite="jgriff3029" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Thanks for the reply. That's what I figured for the main event. Do you know what triggers it during middle of the card matches. The Orton/Steamboat match for example was the 3rd of 6 matches on my A show.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Funny you say that because I suffered from this exact thing just after I responded to you yesterday. I think it's because one or more of the workers in the match is and upper midcarder or main eventer. I had a match in 2004 with Sean Waltman (very solid stats) vs Christopher Daniels (really great stats) and they both scored in the low to mid 90's but the match got that story line note and scored 76. I think they were both upper mid carders at the time.</p>

The penalty for a lack of hot storyline comes into play only at the top end of ratings. It starts from around the B/82 mark and any match that rates higher than that (at that point in the calculation) suffers a penalty of around 80% of the difference between the 82 and match rating. Other factors then come into play after that to lower or raise the rating again, but that's why it's hard to have a match of the year level match without the workers being involved in some kind of storyline. It's also why you generally only see this penalty in the larger companies, as lower level companies are unlikely to reach that kind of grade.

Hope that helps. :)

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Captain Kayfabe" data-cite="Captain Kayfabe" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>* No Limits<p> * All Action</p><p> * Xtreme Action or X Title (take off on/inspiration from X games)</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Ok, I think I'm gonna go with All Action. Thank you.</p>

<p>Not sure this is the right place to ask, but is it normal the have my weekly TV show viewer ship ratings be exactly the same, or better, then my event viewership ratings?</p><p> </p><p>

What I mean by that is I have my own broadcaster and my TV shows as well as my events are shown at prime time. My viewership is always around 46.10-46.60. This goes for TV and events, there is no bump for the an event that has prestige.</p><p> </p><p>

Not sure if that is worded correctly but quick example, I just ran two historic events, the tv ratings for the TV shows before were 46.21 and 46.43, my first historic event then got a rating of 46.21 and then the historic event the night after got 46.42, the next two tv ratings after that were 46.34 and 46.42.</p><p> </p><p>

So a historic event actually got beaten by just a normal weekly tv show 3 out of 4 times, and got the same rating as the other tv show. Oh, and both events did a better show score then the tv shows. </p><p> </p><p>

Hope that makes sense lol and hope this is the right place to post.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Jon The GOAT" data-cite="Jon The GOAT" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>What are the benefits of high match intensity?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Early retirement of your top workers due to injury makes room for young blood...</p>