TEW2016 Public Beta Reaction Thread

• Replies 574
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So far, so good. It's downloaded and I'm really pleased with the new screens. I like the layout of the buttons and being able to check my email on the news screen and seeing the costs of each worker.

I'd give this game a 9/10 so far just for the look.

Next reaction after importing/converting Rising Storms and looking in the editor at everything I can do:

I may be the only developer in history where I release a title and a large portion of my fan base completely ignores the actual game and heads right for the editor instead.

I may be the only developer in history where I release a title and a large portion of my fan base completely ignores the actual game and heads right for the editor instead.

Actually, I'm playing around with the c-verse first so I can get a handle on things.

I wonder how many people had their volume up and scared the crap out of themselves upon loading the game? :D

I was one of them. I'm at work and had to mute really fast. Wasn't sure what was happening.

I won't be one of them...

In a move that can only be classified as 'surprising', I ... erm.. clicked my way into this thread as soon as my download completed.

Just about to install now, very much looking forward to it.

:)

I'll actually play some CVerse before I start editing because it's a little overwhelming this year, but yes, going into the editor was step 1 for me! :)

Looking around in the editor and I see a lot of cool stuff:

1) Starting absences: No more setting up a ridiculous injury just to have someone away because they were in rehab to start the game. Don't remember that from the journal.

2) HD quality broadcast: Nice touch. Can be set as a requirement for a channel.

3) Broadcaster changes: Being able to setup changes to the broadcasters in the editor is amazing. You can set it up that on a specific date in the future any of the settings on a broadcaster (including size, range, broadcast requirements, HD, etc.) change. Very nice.

Archived