TEW2016 Public Beta Reaction Thread

I thought it was just an issue with my computer that was causing that. Is everyone facing this?

I too find this unnecessarily annoying, especially since I did not have the "issue" in 2013.

Doesn't happen for me, I've just checked and as soon as I type the W-O it jumps to Hawkins.

No idea if this is a a PC thing or something that was updated in Patch 9 or what the cause is.

• Replies 574
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Most of the changes to the broadcasters are very good but my feedback on the subscription service is that it seems like a missed opportunity. Is there a reason why the reality shows didn't make it over from WMMA4? It would also be nice to be able to buy the tape libraries of defunct companies - loads of people subscribe to the WWE Network for the historic content.

So I have Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday off from work. I can't afford to buy the full game yet, but I plan on giving a converted RW mod a try with the demo. It doesn't have to be perfect, it's not a long-term game, just something that will help acclimate me with the new game with characters I know, and, more importantly, know how to book.

I have a few things I want to explore, such as the popularity and momentum effects of certain finishes, as well as the most important one to me, the popularity growth top prospects can experience while working in developmental. I haven't used one-night deals or alliance titles yet, so I'll give those a whirl, as well. What are the other key additions I should explore? Obviously I need to have a better understanding of the match aims before a legitimate save is started, so that's something I'll spend a lot of time with. Things like the HOF are self explanitory, and I'm already a huge fan of that feature.

So anyways, yeah, what else should I be looking to do beyond developmental and own broadcaster testing?

Just wanted to ask this again as it got overlooked last time. :)

Most of the changes to the broadcasters are very good but my feedback on the subscription service is that it seems like a missed opportunity. Is there a reason why the reality shows didn't make it over from WMMA4? It would also be nice to be able to buy the tape libraries of defunct companies - loads of people subscribe to the WWE Network for the historic content.

That would involve a heck of alot of work. Creating loads of defunct promotions and alot of various content so then the subscription channels don't look like they're showing repetitive stuff. It may also involve creating alot of extra wrestlers that may no longer be in the business. Maybe an option for the next version :)

Just a quick question: how do you install the game if you've already got the demo? I'm sure it's a really obvious answer but I wanted to double check.

I think it's like an upgrade exe file so you keep your current saves and databases and then you just need to enter the license code that you get when you purchase your game.

Just a quick question: how do you install the game if you've already got the demo? I'm sure it's a really obvious answer but I wanted to double check.

There is typically a Demo to Retail download that puts all the necessary e-license files in place to purchase the full game.

That would involve a heck of alot of work. Creating loads of defunct promotions and alot of various content so then the subscription channels don't look like they're showing repetitive stuff. It may also involve creating alot of extra wrestlers that may no longer be in the business. Maybe an option for the next version :)

The defunct promotions are already there, you can already buy their old title belts. I'm not a programmer so I may be wrong but it doesn't seem hard to add a tape library as an investment which gives your broadcaster a boost in subscription numbers.

I only really like to play real world mods as it makes the game feel more personal to me. If I convert a real world mod to TEW2016, will it be playable realistically still with the new features? Until one has been officially made for TEW2016. I've not tried the demo yet, but I know for a fact I'll be purchasing this game anyway as the TEW series has been fantastic.

I only really like to play real world mods as it makes the game feel more personal to me. If I convert a real world mod to TEW2016, will it be playable realistically still with the new features? Until one has been officially made for TEW2016. I've not tried the demo yet, but I know for a fact I'll be purchasing this game anyway as the TEW series has been fantastic.

It'll be playable and you'll have access to all the new features, but you'll find that a lot of smaller companies end up with a lot of coverage due to the broadcaster requirements not having a TEW2013 equivalent.

It'll be playable and you'll have access to all the new features, but you'll find that a lot of smaller companies end up with a lot of coverage due to the broadcaster requirements not having a TEW2013 equivalent.

Thanks for the quick reply, I'm fine with the smaller companies with coverage, will make things interesting :)

Are you no longer able to view tv ratings, or am I just not seeing it anywhere?

Unless you switched that off in your user preferences, you'll get an e-mail with the tv ratings. You can also check them in your show history.

Does worker popularity increase quicker if they're on an enormous broadcaster rather than a tiny one?

Indirectly. It impacts the popularity rate that the company experiences, which in turn then has a knock-on effect on the workers.

I don't have access to a computer for another 2 weeks so I haven't been able to try any of the TEW2016 content and I've been using the forums to find information about the new game, and I was wondering if someone could respond to this message and let me know what the new secret addition is. Thanks.

I don't have access to a computer for another 2 weeks so I haven't been able to try any of the TEW2016 content and I've been using the forums to find information about the new game, and I was wondering if someone could respond to this message and let me know what the new secret addition is. Thanks.

Please see the Small Questions 'Living FAQ', this is answered there.

Just ran a small test regarding Women's matches and the minor/medium/main event match lengths and figured I could share my results. I know that Adam said the match lengths are VERY lenient and you can go over without penalty, so I wanted to test this using women's matches. I'm testing with Charlotte vs. Becky Lynch in Real World Chronicles.

First match: Ten Minutes

Road agent notes: Script, open, decisive win

Grade: 60 ©

Second match: Twenty Minutes

Road agent notes: Script, open, slow build, decisive win

Grade: 60 ©

Third match: Thirty Minutes

Grade: 62 ©

Fourth match: Fourty-Five Minutes

Grade: 54 (D+)

As you can see, the grade stays consistent up until the 45 minute mark. Looking at the dirt sheet, it says I got dinged for having a mid-level match go on too long. So yeah, match lengths are very lenient, and I'm looking forward to having 20+ minute women's matches!

The public beta is now officially closed. Thank you to everyone who participated. The trial (downloadable from the front page of the site) now supercedes the old public beta as the most up-to-date version non-retail people should be playing.

Archived