TEW2016 Public Beta Reaction Thread

• Replies 574
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Almost everything looks great. The only thing that seems really annoying immediately is the pop up that asks whether one wants to return to the office. It's one unnecessary click each day, since you actually see notifications in the upper right anyway. Any chance that this will be changed before the final release?

Pretty pumped for this! Woke up an hour ago (5:30am Australian time) downloaded the game while making breakfast and started up a new one as my usual RAW with Swoop as my avatar.

Game looks pretty darn good so far, although there's no big changes or notable relationships in the RAW roster. Does that mean I'll lose a lot of the new clique backstage additions??

Looks good Adam, well done again, sir!

The segment layout order threw me, purely because I don't like change. It's weird but I'm sure it will be relatively easy to get used to. What keeps throwing me off is I book from the main event backwards, so out of habit I'll add a segment then I immediately click the bottom segment (In the opening spot) then start moving it up the card...then realise about half way and end up with a random segment in the middle of the card and then have to try to convince my brain that NO I do want to move it back down the card actually....god damn TEW 13 reflex memory.

Almost everything looks great. The only thing that seems really annoying immediately is the pop up that asks whether one wants to return to the office. It's one unnecessary click each day, since you actually see notifications in the upper right anyway. Any chance that this will be changed before the final release?

It's more of an extra reminder - although you can see the icons on the opening page, it's extremely easy to miss them and just click Next. The pop-up draws attention to them.

Exporting MDBs is going to change how we modding works. It's such a massive game changer and probably my favourite feature as of right now. I mean... You can look at such specific stuff for balancing out mods. Like, do you want to see the average psychology for active male workers from Canada over the age of 42? You can do that. SO AMAZING! And everything is in the database file to compare: companies, broadcasters, contracts, chemistry... Mind blown!

Adam, congratulations on not just bringing back the export spreadsheet but bringing back on HGH, steroids, and every designer PED possible. Thank you!

Really, REALLY digging the product definitions this time around. Booking for certain feds was always a bit of a pain for me because other than the Style Name and a few lines like "Pop>Perf", I usually had little to go on otherwise unless I had intricate knowledge of the fed beforehand.

It's more of an extra reminder - although you can see the icons on the opening page, it's extremely easy to miss them and just click Next. The pop-up draws attention to them.

Yes, I understand the reason for including the pop up, but for me it's just annoying as I'd look at the notification area anyway. Maybe there is a way to make the pop up optional?

For anyone wondering how the Gif option works.

a9d577f08c89a6e6ea6169ac83ca4a62.png

Ignore the whiteness around Sasha, I just grabbed a picture of Sasha with a transparent background of the internet and threw it into my PSD which I use to make worker pics and removed the background.

If I spent more time, I could probably get it looking decent.

You can send guys down to development simply to work there and not to try and develop anything! Considering that 99% of my emails were previously guys in development who couldn't develop any more and wanted to be called up, I'm very hopeful about this.

AKA the NXT option. :)

Ignore the whiteness around Sasha, I just grabbed a picture of Sasha with a transparent background of the internet and threw it into my PSD which I use to make worker pics and removed the background.

So, essentially, there's a preset background for every fed, and workers have their own transparencies that will match with the backgrounds (provided it's a .gif)?

So, essentially, there's a preset background for every fed, and workers have their own transparencies that will match with the backgrounds (provided it's a .gif)?

From what I can tell, yes. It uses the company's logo, just getting transparency around the image without any artifacting is proving quite tough,

The fact that while booking the game labels your matches like this helps:-

Main Event

Segment 7

Segment 6

Segment 5

Segment 4

Segment 3

Segment 2

Opener

Once you've done a few shows in-game you'll get used to it.

This confused me at first - I booked the main event, then the semi-main and so on, and got confused when my main event was suddenly the opener! You still book from the opener upwards, unless you like re-arranging your show a lot!

(Incidentally, 'move to end of show'/'move to start of show' buttons would be useful to save a few more clicks... ;))

For anyone wondering how the Gif option works.

-Snip-

Another example. If we can get high quality gifs, this will look really good.

53f4774b2e65bb5e316defa0f5bc038f.png

I hope this is the right place to ask this but I just downloaded the demo and immediately got an error saying it was missing a file "system/TEW2016Settings.mdb". What do I do?

It sounds like you didn't finish the installation correctly; that file is definitely included, otherwise nobody would be able to play. I'd re-run the installer.

It sounds like you didn't finish the installation correctly; that file is definitely included, otherwise nobody would be able to play. I'd re-run the installer.

I've already uninstalled and reinstalled. I've tried it from servers 1 and 2 but I'll keep trying from the other servers.

Archived