TEW2016 Public Beta Reaction Thread

Not sure where to post issues with the game but I just attempted to book my first show (Converted Post mania TEW13 to TEW16 mod) and I pressed the borrow from developmental button and it gave me the error box and shut the game down for me. I am running it on Mac using winery.

EDIT: Runtime error 3021 - record not found or something like that is what it says in the box.

Here is where you want to post any issues. Sounds like it might be an issue with the data as someone else are posted something similar.

Edit - lol pipped by jhd1

• Replies 574
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Created the SWF Network, gave RIPW a show, signed Greg Gauge, and had The Crippler win the SWF North American title in a beatdown angle after it was defended in a tag match.

I am :).

More details, good sir. Subscription? How big did you go? How much did it cost?

Still haven't actually started a game. I've been busy combing through the workers, deciding who to use. I'm almost tempted to grab either Vibert or Peter Michaels and have them start their own promotion, but I had wanted to start as SWF this time. I never play as them.

I'm probably in the small minority that isn't annoyed it uses a lot of the old photos for logos, etc. Makes it more fun for me to go through the history of this board picking and choosing each render to perfection (before someone else comes out with something even better than perfection).

Haven't even got past a day yet. All I know is I'm about to create an entire roster from scratch for a game idea I have...

Yeah I'll just convert my picture package over from 13. It was fun to do but so many pictures get lost due to how fragile hosting sites are with keeping things up.

If a 2013 mod can't be properly converted to handle the new broadcasters setup, will you still be able to book a TV show or PPV?

It's not that they can't be properly converted, the mods will just need a little tweaking first (as they always have between games).

Earlier, someone said

"Well, the mod will run. It just won't be taking advantage of a lot of the new features. And it will run a bit wonky because of broadcasters and such."

I took that to mean that perhaps the '16 game engine might throw some kind of error because things didnt match up.

I imagine it won't take very long and you'll get used to it, particularly as it matches the way the rest of the game displays results. :)

What do you mean? The game has always displayed results from opening match to main event, has it not?

Earlier, someone said

"Well, the mod will run. It just won't be taking advantage of a lot of the new features. And it will run a bit wonky because of broadcasters and such."

I took that to mean that perhaps the '16 game engine might throw some kind of error because things didnt match up.

No, that's not what they meant. By default, the broadcasters won't necessarily have perfect criteria so you could end up with people you don't want on them getting slots.

Earlier, someone said

They just meant that to take advantage of the new broadcasting features properly then some tweaking may need to be made. It's only like converting a mod from TEW2010 to TEW2013 - it'll run, but it won't work as well as a mod that has been updated to take advantage of the new features. It won't be long before an updated RW mod hits the forum, I'm sure.

Earlier, someone said

That was me, and a bit wonky means just that - a bit wonky. With a straight conversion and no data tweaking, you may see companies getting bumped off their existing networks, getting deals on networks they shouldn't, etc.

What do you mean? The game has always displayed results from opening match to main event, has it not?

The game now displays results from main event down to opening match (i.e. upside down to TEW2013). What I meant was, at least the change in booking order is reflected across the entire game so as you get used to seeing it on all the results screens you'll begin to get used to booking upside down (more quickly than if there was no consistency across screens).

Wow, that is gonna take a lot of getting used too :/

The fact that while booking the game labels your matches like this helps:-

Main Event

Segment 7

Segment 6

Segment 5

Segment 4

Segment 3

Segment 2

Opener

Once you've done a few shows in-game you'll get used to it.

The fact that while booking the game labels your matches like this helps:-

Main Event

Segment 7

Segment 6

Segment 5

Segment 4

Segment 3

Segment 2

Opener

Once you've done a few shows in-game you'll get used to it.

So you choose during booking where the match/segment should be, and the game "locks" it there during booking?

Archived