Tag Teams / Stables / Naming Thread Suggestions

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="PushHarper" data-cite="PushHarper" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41263" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I picked up James Storm and Bobby Fish, and I am testing them out as a team. I would appreciate any ideas for names and gimmicks.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> The first thing that comes to mind for me is Boot Hill. You have the "Cowboy" James Storm and the "Infamous" Bobby Fish. All the most infamous cowboys I know about are buried on Boot Hill</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="cappyboy" data-cite="cappyboy" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41263" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>The first thing that comes to mind for me is Boot Hill. You have the "Cowboy" James Storm and the "Infamous" Bobby Fish. All the most infamous cowboys I know about are buried on Boot Hill</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Ah that is pretty clever, though I guess then it would make sense to switch Bobby's gimmick to cowboy to then?</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="PushHarper" data-cite="PushHarper" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41263" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Ah that is pretty clever, though I guess then it would make sense to switch Bobby's gimmick to cowboy to then?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> That could be a way to go but at the very least I'd be wanting to present Fish in a way that's Western flavored. To explain that, think about when Bradshaw was reborn as JBL. He had Western flourishes to his gimmick like the steer horns on the limo and the oil baron clothes. But he wasn't necessarily a cowboy as such. Maybe Fish's gimmick backstory could be that he made a fortune in boots and Storm's one of his best customers or some such thing. So he'd be more say an expert tanner to Storm as the classic cowboy. Ultimately it depends on your product. If your crowds like gimmicks kept simple, then Fish should probably go full cowboy. But if they will accept character subtlety, then Fish just being Western flavored and sneaky should be enough.</p>

• 2 weeks later...

<p>So, wondering if anyone wants to give off some ideas for a Justice League type duo of Super Spike and The Hurricane, and of course, Mighty Molly, any takers? Hurricane and Spike's teaming is already Hurri-Spike, but the stable I wanted something more than just.. Justice League, or League of Justice, any ideas? </p><p> </p><p>

Also I realize how few ways I probably have to turn with the Comic Book thing, at least for names sake.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Terra Ryzin" data-cite="Terra Ryzin" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41263" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>So, wondering if anyone wants to give off some ideas for a Justice League type duo of Super Spike and The Hurricane, and of course, Mighty Molly, any takers? Hurricane and Spike's teaming is already Hurri-Spike, but the stable I wanted something more than just.. Justice League, or League of Justice, any ideas? <p> </p><p> Also I realize how few ways I probably have to turn with the Comic Book thing, at least for names sake.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Freakin' Awesome Group</p><p> </p><p> It's got humor to it.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Terra Ryzin" data-cite="Terra Ryzin" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41263" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>So, wondering if anyone wants to give off some ideas for a Justice League type duo of Super Spike and The Hurricane, and of course, Mighty Molly, any takers? Hurricane and Spike's teaming is already Hurri-Spike, but the stable I wanted something more than just.. Justice League, or League of Justice, any ideas? <p> </p><p> Also I realize how few ways I probably have to turn with the Comic Book thing, at least for names sake.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> The Omega Troopers</p><p> Omega League</p><p> The Crusaders</p><p> The Vindicators</p><p> The Castaways</p><p> Extreme Ethereals</p>

<p>I got a series of Tag Team names I need:</p><p>

</p><ul><li>A Tag Team consisting of Primus Allen and Ekuma? (They are Faces, Primus has a gimmick where he wants to prove he is the best wrestler in the world. Meanwhile Ekuma is Primus' best friend, who is along for the ride)<br /></li><li>A Tag Team consisting of Tennessee William & Mutant? (They are Heels, Tennessee William is an arrogant musician, meanwhile Mutant is a Viscera-esq weirdo) <br /></li><li>A Tag Team consisting of Frederique Antonio Garcia & Lenny Brown? (They are Heels, F.A.G is his regular fabulous self and he is acting as a mentor to a Young Suave Lenny Brown)<br /></li></ul><p></p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Temes1066" data-cite="Temes1066" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41263" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div><p> [*]A Tag Team consisting of Frederique Antonio Garcia & Lenny Brown? (They are Heels, F.A.G is his regular fabulous self and he is acting as a mentor to a Young Suave Lenny Brown)</p><p> </p><p></p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I'd be calling these guys The Gentlemen's Club. Don't know as there's any reason to be overthinking this one.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Temes1066" data-cite="Temes1066" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41263" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I got a series of Tag Team names I need:<p> </p><ul><li>A Tag Team consisting of Primus Allen and Ekuma? (They are Faces, Primus has a gimmick where he wants to prove he is the best wrestler in the world. Meanwhile Ekuma is Primus' best friend, who is along for the ride)<br /></li><li>A Tag Team consisting of Tennessee William & Mutant? (They are Heels, Tennessee William is an arrogant musician, meanwhile Mutant is a Viscera-esq weirdo) <br /></li><li>A Tag Team consisting of Frederique Antonio Garcia & Lenny Brown? (They are Heels, F.A.G is his regular fabulous self and he is acting as a mentor to a Young Suave Lenny Brown)<br /></li></ul><p></p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Primus & Ekuma could just be something like The Big Hitters, The Heavy Hitters, etc.</p><p> </p><p> Tennessee William & Mutant could be Country Love?</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="cappyboy" data-cite="cappyboy" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41263" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I'd be calling these guys The Gentlemen's Club. Don't know as there's any reason to be overthinking this one.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Rayelek" data-cite="Rayelek" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41263" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Primus & Ekuma could just be something like The Big Hitters, The Heavy Hitters, etc.<p> </p><p> Tennessee William & Mutant could be Country Love?</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> These will do nicely indeed.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Peria" data-cite="Peria" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41263" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Freakin' Awesome Group<p> </p><p> It's got humor to it.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Wheelz316" data-cite="Wheelz316" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41263" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>The Omega Troopers<p> Omega League</p><p> The Crusaders</p><p> The Vindicators</p><p> The Castaways</p><p> Extreme Ethereals</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Sorry guys. Not to be a dick or anything, but I kind of liked the one I came up with, but to your credit, I'll probably name another team after what you came up with.</p><p> </p><p> Mine was just the cheesy, Hero's Of Righteousness. Which for The Hurricane, Super Spike, and Mighty Molly, is the right amount of cheese.. Now I just need some wine..</p><p> </p><p> Thank you though for your ideas.</p><p> </p><p> EDIT: Though, if you all were willing, I could do with some rip-off names of The Misfits In Action. I could go with, just that, but I feel I need something different.. like goofy/whole/comedy wise. I still have Leroux under a comedy act of armed forces. I'm working on turning Hugh Morrus, debating whether they should go back to Corporal Cajun, and General Hugh G. Rection.. probably not.</p>

<p>I just wanted to share this but in my 2003 save I named a team of Maven and Hurricane "The Green Guys" haha</p><p> </p><p>

Any suggestions for Edge and Benoit?</p><p> </p><p>

I was thinking Lady Killers but don't think Benoit could get that over for a couple years...</p>

I just wanted to share this but in my 2003 save I named a team of Maven and Hurricane "The Green Guys" haha

Any suggestions for Edge and Benoit?

I was thinking Lady Killers but don't think Benoit could get that over for a couple years...

Green Guys is actually pretty damn funny. :p

As for Edge and Benoit, not sure what year your in, unless you meant 2003 with the mention of your save.. But ' Rabid Rhyno ' was Benoit and Rhyno, and Benoit goes with the moniker Crippler of course, but " Wolverine " as well.. so.. no actual names I can come up with besides something cheesy or a play off Edge's Mysterious/Thrill Seeker Gimmicks.

Guest DutchMagpie
I just wanted to share this but in my 2003 save I named a team of Maven and Hurricane "The Green Guys" haha

Any suggestions for Edge and Benoit?

I was thinking Lady Killers but don't think Benoit could get that over for a couple years...

Edge and Benoit: Edge of Sanity ?

<p>Got a few I need for a TCW game. </p><p> </p><p>

1) Marc Speed & Killer Shark. Shark is the violent monster who likes and worries about Speed. Speed has turned his back on their leader, Rich Money and Shark basically followed like a puppy.</p><p> </p><p>

2) I need a stable name for what's starting as Champagne Lover & Sammy Bach, but will grow to include James Hernandez, Matthew Keith, and either Rick Law or El Leon. It's a face stable of different guys who keep getting put in unfair situations - Lover & Bach under constant assault from 4 heels, Keith refused the right to hold a singles title, etc.</p><p> </p><p>

3) I have an El Leon & Des Davids tag team. Kind of a random pairing. I'd like a name for that, and a name/partner for a tag team for heel Fantasma Extrano (formerly Pirata Whatshisface).</p><p> </p><p>

Thanks for any suggestions guys!</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Koholos" data-cite="Koholos" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41263" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Got a few I need for a TCW game. <p> </p><p> 1) Marc Speed & Killer Shark. Shark is the violent monster who likes and worries about Speed. Speed has turned his back on their leader, Rich Money and Shark basically followed like a puppy.</p><p> </p><p> </p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Fleet Of Fin</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="cappyboy" data-cite="cappyboy" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41263" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Fleet Of Fin</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> That is absolutely perfect. My first thought was "That is such a perfect fit, how did I not think of that?"</p>

<p>Goldust complimented Tajiri on being charismatic, and/or a great worker. So I thought of teaming the two.. </p><p> </p><p>

SawDust? Like BuzzSaw, Goldust.. Yeah, cheesy and probably already mentioned, just felt like a genius for a second. Then realized that's probably been thought of.</p>

<p>Thunderverse Database</p><p> </p><p>

Im building a storyline to put 2 stables against each other. Currently the only stable in my game (<a href="http://www.greydogsoftware.com/forum/showthread.php?t=539046" rel="external nofollow">http://www.greydogsoftware.com/forum/showthread.php?t=539046</a>) is The Troopers Association. It was formed with The State Troopers and has expanded to include Markus Kage, Virgil Hogg Jr, and Magnificent Mountie.</p><p> </p><p>

The opposing stable is going to be a group of Black wrestlers who are being targeted by the troopers association and they eventually ban together and form a stable. </p><p> </p><p>

When they form the stable, Markus is going to be an inside man of sorts and turn on the troopers. I am looking for a name for the group. Below is the images and names of the current Troopers Association and the group of individuals that will form the to be named stable.</p><p> </p><p>

Troopers Association</p><p> </p><p>

<span>http://i.imgur.com/QRD4QBO.jpg</span><span>http://i.imgur.com/pq7zsEq.jpg</span><span>http://i.imgur.com/LlMkV70.jpg</span><span>http://i.imgur.com/iXnG8j9.jpg</span><span>http://i.imgur.com/l2y2SI4.jpg</span></p><p> </p><p>

From Left to right</p><p> </p><p>

PFC Markus Kage, Capt. Charger Montoya, Lt. Dodge Lee, Maj. Virgil Hogg Jr. and Manager - Col. Magnificent Mountie.</p><p> </p><p>

To Be Named Stable</p><p>

<span>http://i.imgur.com/hD71lrn.jpg</span><span>http://i.imgur.com/CteBsAY.jpg</span><span>http://i.imgur.com/jlSXE64.jpg</span><span>http://i.imgur.com/hzsdZMq.jpg</span><span>http://i.imgur.com/mvT5W0g.jpg</span><span>http://i.imgur.com/aUb2WMl.jpg</span></p><p> </p><p>

From left to right</p><p> </p><p>

Buff Norton, Gary Woods, Famous C, Captain Olympia II, Lincoln Nash and Manager Bryson Amerson</p>