The Official ThunderVerse Thread

One of the things I really like about UPJ (and Japanese wrestling in general) is that I can create in-ring stories and strong characters without sticking strictly to the face/heel dynamic. Deguchi can turn on Kinjo without being a good “heel” and just an iconic veteran who feels like he’s been passed over too many times in the current landscape.

And I’ve already eyed Phoenix and MacKenzie — the latter really looks like a ZSJ type. I’m really too much of a NJPW mark not to try to do a bunch of parallels, even further than what the TVerse already sets up.

• Replies 654
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One of the things I really like about UPJ (and Japanese wrestling in general) is that I can create in-ring stories and strong characters without sticking strictly to the face/heel dynamic. Deguchi can turn on Kinjo without being a good “heel” and just an iconic veteran who feels like he’s been passed over too many times in the current landscape.

And I’ve already eyed Phoenix and MacKenzie — the latter really looks like a ZSJ type. I’m really too much of a NJPW mark not to try to do a bunch of parallels, even further than what the TVerse already sets up.

Oh man the NJPW parallels are impossible to avoid, whether it be due to the render (Kinjo and Deguchi) or role (Thunder Iesada and EVR).

If you go back a page (or however your viewing settings are set up), you'll see how I set up my factions and thus the roles I had for my hires. Phoenix was great for me, had good matches with everyone and was a transitional junior champion.

One of the best things I did was create a working relationship with GBWF and use them as "excursion" territory in talent swaps that brought me Danny McManus and Darren Williams, who now both have 60+ pop in Japan, and were useful in filling out the Ozeki Summit and as placeholder opponents for main eventers until they get another feud (a la Jericho in NJPW)

no one booking emoji to be a super junior champion i'm shocked and appalled

If I was in the British Isles I totally would try him out!! Career midcarder or future superstar? Guess we'll have to see...

Also forgot to mention that Magnus Stonebreaker is quickly becoming a superstar for me. I must have missed his new worker highlight, and after he did a few tours with HONOUR he got super over and so I picked him up and he is a perfect Upper Midcarder for me right now. He has great performance skills as well.

Have any of you brought Jack Dennis in to one of the major Japanese feds? I'd love to give him a sustained push in a major fed, just haven't been able to stick with a puroresu game for any length of time yet.

I'm really eyeing up D.I.N.G.O. at the moment (think they have the most interesting women in the Thunderverse and there are a few unemployed wrestlers based in Oz I'd love to book (Paora Nahi, Lena Dallas, Patti Pain, Taylor Vixxen, maybe Eddie Mustaine as the most loathed man in DINGO)). Anyone ever given them a whirl?

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Markw" data-cite="Markw" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41411" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Have any of you brought Jack Dennis in to one of the major Japanese feds? I'd love to give him a sustained push in a major fed, just haven't been able to stick with a puroresu game for any length of time yet.<p> </p><p> </p><p> I'm really eyeing up D.I.N.G.O. at the moment (think they have the most interesting women in the Thunderverse and there are a few unemployed wrestlers based in Oz I'd love to book (Paora Nahi, Lena Dallas, Patti Pain, Taylor Vixxen, maybe Eddie Mustaine as the most loathed man in DINGO)). Anyone ever given them a whirl?</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I haven't given him a look, but he has decent skills (average in ring and strong performance), so maybe I'll give him a touring contract next tour.</p>

Just wrapped up my summer tour with UPJ, and I absolutely love this save. Here's what happened.

Junior Mountain 2016

BLOCK A

• Kozue: 14
  • Furosoto ©: 12
  • Aydan Farrell: 8
  • Kris Phoenix: 6
  • Paul Crowley: 5
  • Nathan Jordan: 5
  • Jin Fujiwara: 4
  • Akito Nakada: 2

BLOCK B

• Shingo Hashi: 14
  • Goto: 12
  • Hidestugu Genji: 6
  • Thunder Iesada: 6
  • Junchi Matsuo: 6
  • Tiger Singh: 6
  • Haruko Yamada: 4
  • Ebi Kadivar: 2

In Block A, Kozue catches fire and runs the table after opening Junior Mountain with a huge win over the champion Furosoto. Kris Phoenix debuts and puts on stellar match after stellar match, snatching three wins in the process. Nathan Jordan also makes a great first impression, while Aydan Farrell continues the good work of tag champs ROYALTY.

In Block B, Shingo Hashi and Goto both win each of their first six matches, setting up a winner-take-all showdown on the last night before the final. Furosoto, still trying to avoid Goto after the draw and intentional DQ, distracts Goto enough for Hashi to pull off the upset and punch his ticket to the final.

In an all-United Throne final that was also a showdown between two of the best fliers on the planet, Kozue beats Hashi and earns a shot at the Junior Heavyweight title.

Ascension 6.13 in Osaka-jo Hall

(I like playing with real venues.)

Kozue's quest to become only the third man to ever be a three-time UPJ Junior Heavyweight champion comes to a bitter end, though, when Furosoto grabs the win. His stable mates, REVILED and ROYALTY, also defend their tag titles.

TEMPEST Masato, who I'm personally loving to book now that he's no longer trying to fight everybody backstage, gets under the skin of Oda Yamawaki enough during the Junior Mountain portion of the tour to set up a heavyweight title shot. Yamawaki retains in the champion vs. champion showdown.

Ahead of Ascension, Kintaro Kinjo challenges Ignite Zero to a special tag match for the main event, but he wouldn't reveal his partner until right beforehand. He reveals none other than Ryotaro Naruto, who makes his return to UPJ for the first time in nearly five years. (DRAGON had recently negotiated a new contract that was a regular PPA instead of an exclusive one, which meant I could snag him on a PPA of my own.) After pinning Goto to win the match, Naruto gets a microphone and says that he was only going to return to Japan for a special reason... and while he's won everything the junior division has to offer and even challenged for the heavyweight title, he had never competed in the Ozeki Summit. So the Supreme Warrior is back in UPJ for his greatest test yet — competing in the world's most prestigious and physically demanding heavyweight tournament.

Ozeki Summit 27

BLOCK A

• Oda Yamawaki ©: 16
  • Ryotaro Naruto: 15
  • Waotaka Eda: 15
  • Erik van Rijn: 14
  • Pain: 8
  • Sean Girven: 6
  • Bruiser Cassidy: 4
  • Takanori Sakurai: 4
  • Graham Mackenzie: 4
  • Kahoku Meka: 4

Yamawaki and Naruto open the first night of the Summit by tearing the house down with an incredible main event that Yamawaki wins. Later, Eda knocks off EVR, but EVR snags a win over Yamawaki in the penultimate night of Block A action. (Naruto and Eda drew earlier.) On the final night, Yamawaki beats Girven — another impressive debutant —*but all EVR needs is a win over Naruto to book his ticket to the final. Naruto pulls off a gutsy win, sending Yamawaki to the final.

BLOCK B

• Kintaro Kinjo: 16
  • Kato: 16
  • Juro Deguchi: 14
  • TEMPEST Masato: 10
  • Torture: 10
  • Takahide Harada: 8
  • Ram Diablo: 6
  • TOKI INK: 4
  • Koma Kobiashi: 4
  • Des Miller: 2

Not to be outdone by Block A, Kinjo and Kato put together a fantastic main event in their first night, which Kinjo wins. Deguchi gets revenge for the UPJ Cup semifinal loss by beating Kinjo midway through the tournament. Takahide Harada takes a while to get going, but the legendary veteran pulls off surprising upsets of both Deguchi and Masato. He can't get one over Kinjo, though, who wins Block B. (In a lesser story, Des Miller gets smacked around for eight straight losses but beats Ram Diablo at the end.)

Then, in front of more than 30,000 fans at the Saitama Super Arena, Kinjo beats Yamawaki in my first A* match to become only the eighth man to win multiple Ozeki Summit tournaments.

So, we'll head into our final September-October-November tour with several things in place. First, EVR will get his title rematch against Yamawaki in the big show in September, since he won their Block A showdown. Second, Kinjo will defend his Hall of Immortals main event contract against Deguchi in the big show in October. There will also be a World Tag Grand Prix in November, with the winner getting a title shot at Hall of Immortals. Meanwhile, TEMPEST will have to defend his COBRA Openweight title against Harada and Kato, thanks to their wins over him in the Summit.

I did a pretty good job of loading up the junior tag division for the Grand Prix in January, and I'll have to snag some more talent to do the same for the heavyweight tag division. Outside of Pain/Torture, REVILED and the resurrected Tokyo Underground team, there's not a lot of juice there. I randomly found that Eda and Diablo had great chemistry tagging together, so that'll be a non-stable affiliated team.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="TheLeviticalLawKid3" data-cite="TheLeviticalLawKid3" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41411" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>snippity snip</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I love when other people have good games with UPJ, its definitely my favorite promotion in the T-Verse and probably any mod. Our saves seem to went relatively similarly for the first year. I'm glad that Furosuto was at the top of the junior division, that's a big difference from mine because I couldn't for the life of me get a good match out of him. </p><p> </p><p> That's a great final tour you have coming up. These puro promotions definitely make long-term planning easier and more engaging. Give us an update after HOI, I'd love to hear it!</p>

Started another AWF save.

I forgot how dire the locker room is when you first start out. Hired Luke Graves and Caleb Adonis to smooth things over with Adrienne, and Khrome to appease Core. For the rest, I had to resort to AWF's deep pockets to give out bonuses. It wasn't cheap, but at least now Timothy Hawk isn't an unhappy locker room leader.

I really scaled back my initial hirings from my usual spree I do. The three aforementioned all went to developmental, and I snagged a couple other developmental prospects. The only main card signings I did were Shay Kinsella and Wilson Hancock (to flesh out the midcard a bit), and Hell Cat and Jess Hart (to give some new life to the Starlets Division).

I'm still trying to figure out my projects for this save. I think one of them is going to be getting Derrick Rollins over the hump and turning him into a bonafide main eventer. Another goal is to transform Core and Cross into a major force in the tag team division, which needs new life and could use the excitement of a power duo like that livening it up.

<p>I think June 2019 with GWS was my longest. I'd have put a bit more time into it, but I was about to drop into the red, don't want to cheat to fix the finances, and don't want to cull my roster. Plus for reasons I don't quite understand (the dreadful state of the wrestling industry and economy?) I've yet to reach Regional in spite of monthly B-A rated shows - would never go above 30 pop/28 importance.</p><p> </p><p>

Also losing Talisman was a huge blow, his excellent chemistry teaming with and facing Fergus Storm had been driving the promotion for most of the game.</p>

I think June 2019 with GWS was my longest. I'd have put a bit more time into it, but I was about to drop into the red, don't want to cheat to fix the finances, and don't want to cull my roster. Plus for reasons I don't quite understand (the dreadful state of the wrestling industry and economy?) I've yet to reach Regional in spite of monthly B-A rated shows - would never go above 30 pop/28 importance.

Also losing Talisman was a huge blow, his excellent chemistry teaming with and facing Fergus Storm had been driving the promotion for most of the game.

Nice. I'm running a GWS game right now but I can see how it'll be challenging to grow. Would be cool to reach June 2019 the way you did. Did you lose Pierre Lejosne at some point?

Nice. I'm running a GWS game right now but I can see how it'll be challenging to grow. Would be cool to reach June 2019 the way you did. Did you lose Pierre Lejosne at some point?

I didn't no, somehow. He split his time between me, The Club (who got fairly big before folding) and WrestleX (who are now part of the World Hardcore Promotions alliance :D). He's obviously got fantastic skills now, and around 66 pop nationwide thanks to his time in The Club, so it's amazing he's not been poached. Wrestled 44 matches for me, 22 wins, 22 losses, average rating 78, highest 98, lowest 53.

My biggest losses in terms of talent are people I've signed who were probably too big to begin with. Talisman to UPJ, Aleksander Nordskov (!) to UPJ and Richie Santana Jr. decided he was too big for me.

I'd just been doing monthly shows and it looks like I enjoyed playing hot potato with the titles when I was doing this save.

People's Representative

Fergus Storm (Current)

Aleksander Nordskov

Pierre Lejosne

Mattias Taylor

Gary Woods

Richie Santana Jr.

Talisman

Fergus Storm

Luke Graves

Red Phoenix

Temerario (Current)

Eddy Orion

PINK Shotaro

Kevin Maxx

Tony Ramos

Erik Wayne

Mattias Taylor

Ray Lisbon

Top Militia

Titan Lynn & Marcus Franklin (Current)

Arran Lennox & Owen Richmond

Fergus Storm & Talisman

Cody Stryker & Danny Stryker

Kevin Maxx & Tony Ramos

Arran Lennox & Owen Richmond

James O'Shea & Lord Simon Darcy

Alright, let's put a bow on 2016 with UPJ.

September: Wrestling Ryogoku

- REVILED defend the world tag belts against The Hunters. Koji Yamada turns on Avalanche Miyagi and joins RENEGADES.

- Kozue & Genji challenge ROYALTY for the junior tag belts and win them.

- TEMPEST successfully defends the COBRA Openweight title against Kahoku Meka.

- Furosoto successfully defends the junior heavyweight title against Shingo Hashi.

- Kinjo teams up with Naruto and Iesada to beat Deguchi, Pain and Torture in an electric co-main event, putting more fuel for their showdown in October.

- Yamawaki successfully defends the heavyweight title against EVR.

October: Golden Age

- Most of the undercard for this show was the first night of the World Tag Grand Prix.

- Kato challenges TEMPEST for the COBRA Openweight title and wins it. After the match, a celebrating Kato is attacked by the debuting... Christian Prophet.

- Kinjo successfully defends his main event contract for Hall of Immortals against Deguchi.

November: Hall of Immortals

- UPJ introduces the COBRA Openweight Six-Man title, which is won in a 3 v 3 v 3 match by the trio of Sean Girven, Fergus Storm and Graham Mackenzie.

- HashiWara springs a surprise upset over stable mates Kozue & Genji for the junior tag belts.

- Eda & Diablo, thanks to their excellent chemistry, run the table in the World Tag Grand Prix and then win the world tag belts against REVILED.

- Deguchi avenges his loss to EVR from 2015's Hall of Immortals main event with a non-title win.

- Kato successfully defends the COBRA Openweight title against Christian Prophet.

- Goto finally gets his hands on Furosoto and wins the junior heavyweight championship in a no-DQ title match.

- Kinjo and Yamawaki pull another A* rated classic, with Kinjo winning the world heavyweight title.

----------------

Here's the stable lineup right now...

RENEGADES: Erik Van Rijn, Furosoto, Bruiser Cassidy, Des Miller, TEMPEST Masato, Koji Yamada, Aydan Farrell, Tiger Singh, Junichi Matsuo

Sakura Enoki, girlfriend of Matsuo, manages the stable

FEARLESS: Oda Yamawaki, Kato, Goto, Kahoku Meka, TOKI INK, Akito Nakada, Haruko Yamada

Yuko Enoki, girlfriend of Goto, manages the stable

Deguchi-gun: Juro Deguchi, Pain, Torture, Fergus Storm, Sean Girven, Graham Mackenzie, Captain Scotland, Ebi Kadivar, Nathan Jordan

Kadivar and Jordan are in a tag team called Flight Club after Paul Crowley bounced to DIASPORA... but Jordan tore an abdominal muscle and will miss Junior Grand Prix

The Brotherhood: Christian Prophet, Waotaka Eda, Ram Diablo, Kris Phoenix, Alejandro Iglesias, Crimson Matsuka, Derek Grace, Cameron Cody

Iglesias + Matsuka = The Forgotten

Grace + Cody = The Fallen

Phoenix is also out for an extended time with a knee injury

The United Throne: Basically everyone else, with Kintaro Kinjo as the ace and Kozue as the top junior

----------------

Rose to national early in the final tour of the year, and I turned my Monday tour show into a televised one. Going to try to get the Wednesday one televised as well, and I'll move to three shows a week in 2017. That setup would leave Friday shows non-televised, giving me weekend flexibility for the PPVs at the end of the month.

UPJ was named company of the year and most improved company of the year, with the summit final between Yamawaki and Kinjo taking match of the year. Hall of Immortals (which went an astonishing A-A-A-A* in terms of the last four matches) wins show of the year.

Nine of the top 25 workers in the Power 500 are with UPJ, including four of the top 10 —*Yamawaki, Kinjo, Goto and Kato. Prophet, Furosoto, EVR, Deguchi and TEMPEST are the others.

--snip

Never heard of Alexander. How is he?

I'm about to have Luke Graves vs. Fergus Storm at Revolucion 2016, myself. But I dont think Ill take the belt off Luke till Pierre Lejosne gets a chance. That said, if Pierre signs to The Club before I get a chance then I'll have a hard time convincing myself to give him the belt. I'm not rescheduling my shows so I don't have the Club guys available on Warfare! and Fergus Storm typically isn't available either. So long as Pierre stays though, I'll be fine. I think I may make some slow alterations to the roster to slide us into profitability though. That may be a more pressing concern than show grade at the moment. Even if regional battles are curshing us.

Mattias Taylor is definitely a future signing, and probably Richie Santana Jr, and Eddy Orion as well. Temerario is pretty cool but sucks he couldnt find success in AWF.

I took the title off Ray Lisbon and put it on Pierre almost immediately so I just have Pierre defend the belt regularly in main events since Luke is never available.

Top Militia I gave it to Kevin Maxx & Tony Ramos. I actually just held a "Freedom Series" 16-team tournament that resulted in Pierre Lejosne & Clement Lejosne winning. Though since I have plans for Pierre and Clement isn't full time, I'm not sure there will be a title match follow-up. James Logan & Dustin Henry (cant believe you never gave them the crown) eliminated Maxx Muscle though so they get another chance, and the Midnight Ravers have their "owed" rematch. I think my next champs will be Violent Ambition (Mickie Violent + Shannon Sorensen). They lost in the finals.

I'm gearing up for a Revoluccion tournament as well which will determine my end of year title challenger (Pierre).

Only additions to my roster are: Mickie Violent & Bobby Lonely (Mickie took him as a protege during the tag tournament). I'd love to also add Kris Phoenix & the PWI guy whose name I forget, but we can't afford those.

Alright, let's put a bow on 2016 with UPJ.

Loving these reads. Only comment is im sad your trio didnt end up being Sean Girven, Nathan Jordan, & Alejandro Iglesias instead. Big fan of that trio. Happy to see Girven killing it.

Never heard of Alexander. How is he?

He's an awful human being but would have been a brilliant asset if he stuck around - I was incredibly luck to get him. Had huge pop worldwide (films) and decided to become available in the US after a long time without a promotion so he was willing to negotiate. (At the start of the game he's comfortably the biggest star in Europe I believe, but on hiatus and only available to work there).

His first match with me was his 7th in the game (in Oct 2018), an 89 rated victory over Pierre to win the belt. Then beat Richmond & Lennox in an 81 rated triple threat to retain, and followed it up with a 98 rated victory over Storm & Talisman, before signing with UPJ and leaving me without a champion. Was a bit of a shame, but not a bad little cameo in the history of GWS. He's one half of the tag champs with Koji Yamada at the moment.

Your game's sounding fun, taking it in quite a different direction to me with Lonely/Violent as your signings.

I like the Wolverines a lot more in theory than I did in practice TBH, but they're still around handing my other teams an occasional easy win. Black 'n' Brew (Ashton and Zac) were my big project in the tag division when I gave up this game, and I've got The Rabble Rousers under the management of The Coach at this point too, so I doubt the Wolverines would ever have won those belts.

He's an awful human being but would have been a brilliant asset if he stuck around - I was incredibly luck to get him. Had huge pop worldwide (films) and decided to become available in the US after a long time without a promotion so he was willing to negotiate. (At the start of the game he's comfortably the biggest star in Europe I believe, but on hiatus and only available to work there).

His first match with me was his 7th in the game (in Oct 2018), an 89 rated victory over Pierre to win the belt. Then beat Richmond & Lennox in an 81 rated triple threat to retain, and followed it up with a 98 rated victory over Storm & Talisman, before signing with UPJ and leaving me without a champion. Was a bit of a shame, but not a bad little cameo in the history of GWS. He's one half of the tag champs with Koji Yamada at the moment.

Your game's sounding fun, taking it in quite a different direction to me with Lonely/Violent as your signings.

I like the Wolverines a lot more in theory than I did in practice TBH, but they're still around handing my other teams an occasional easy win. Black 'n' Brew (Ashton and Zac) were my big project in the tag division when I gave up this game, and I've got The Rabble Rousers under the management of The Coach at this point too, so I doubt the Wolverines would ever have won those belts.

Christ you were really killing the grades. How was your schedule like? I'm already seeing that I'll need to cut down my spending so Im hoping to stick to 6 matches a show and maybe let go of pricier guys unless I really like their potential. Did you end up picking up the TV deal once you hit regional?

How has Tony Ramos done for you? He's surprised me in being a really great performer (by early GWS standards), so I'm gonna let Kevin Maxx go when his contract expires (one of my worst workers) and give Ramos a small push. That said, he literally just went flabby so who knows. But hes up there with Mickie Violent / Fergus Storm as being my best performers after Lejosne.

Lejosne is on a whole other level than the rest of the roster though, it's not even a competition.

Also curious about Erik Wayne. Everytime I try GWS, I indirectly bury him. Upper midcarder. Below average. Bad attitude? Has to lose till hes gone.

About to go into my 16-Man Revolucion tournament. Everyone is in except Maxx & Joshua Blaize since they're my worst workers. Bobby Lonely made it as the last seed.

Christ you were really killing the grades. How was your schedule like? I'm already seeing that I'll need to cut down my spending so Im hoping to stick to 6 matches a show and maybe let go of pricier guys unless I really like their potential. Did you end up picking up the TV deal once you hit regional?

How has Tony Ramos done for you? He's surprised me in being a really great performer (by early GWS standards), so I'm gonna let Kevin Maxx go when his contract expires (one of my worst workers) and give Ramos a small push. That said, he literally just went flabby so who knows. But hes up there with Mickie Violent / Fergus Storm as being my best performers after Lejosne.

Lejosne is on a whole other level than the rest of the roster though, it's not even a competition.

Also curious about Erik Wayne. Everytime I try GWS, I indirectly bury him. Upper midcarder. Below average. Bad attitude? Has to lose till hes gone.

About to go into my 16-Man Revolucion tournament. Everyone is in except Maxx & Joshua Blaize since they're my worst workers. Bobby Lonely made it as the last seed.

I didn't hit regional! I ran 12 shows a year, usually 3-5 (fairly long) matches.

Ramos has been nothing special for me, but I do really like him so he's been a mainstay of the midcard. I kept Maxx around but broke them up so I could give Ramos a run with the Red Phoenix. (Just turned fog of war off to have a look and Ramos has developed okay, good enough to keep around certainly, Maxx remains pretty dreadful).

I kept Wayne around until February 2018 looks like he was a decent hand in the midcard. But then I jobbed him out on the pre-show of his last event to PaniK & Eddy Orion in separate single matches so he must have really pissed me off too.

I didn't hit regional! I ran 12 shows a year, usually 3-5 (fairly long) matches.

Ramos has been nothing special for me, but I do really like him so he's been a mainstay of the midcard. I kept Maxx around but broke them up so I could give Ramos a run with the Red Phoenix. (Just turned fog of war off to have a look and Ramos has developed okay, good enough to keep around certainly, Maxx remains pretty dreadful).

I kept Wayne around until February 2018 looks like he was a decent hand in the midcard. But then I jobbed him out on the pre-show of his last event to PaniK & Eddy Orion in separate single matches so he must have really pissed me off too.

Crazy that even just running 3-5 matches you still ran out of funds. I'm bleeding money too and the economy is at like 10 or something so not too shocking.

Just had the Revoluccion series and Ramos was terrific again. Lost to Zanev in the semis but had our best non-Lejosne match against James Logan. He's gonna get a Red Phoenix run in mine as well but I have a feeling he'll go on to become a People's Rep title holder at some point too.

Wayne's annoying af. Shannon is too but since Mickie is there as a fitting partner for him, I've got no reason not to keep him. I'm sure his pop & performances will go down though since I'm not really protecting him. Eddy Orion is definitely a guy I need to bring in once the coffers are filling up again.

I managed to get my losses in May down to just 6.5K but it spiked back up this month because of the two shows. Up to 16K. Plus I'll probably hold a memorial show as well because....

965d10e37de8c717c3c66d3f1ade5506.png

This just happened to me. I'm playing as the younger brother on this run. Camilo had just signed a new contract too lol. So I'm going to host a memorial show every year on Sunday W3 of June. I might have it headlined by a battle royal or a big 6-man match. Guess Darren Corbett finally gets to be a color commentator now. Camilo Rosario also became my first Hall of Famer ;(

Crazy that even just running 3-5 matches you still ran out of funds. I'm bleeding money too and the economy is at like 10 or something so not too shocking.

Just had the Revoluccion series and Ramos was terrific again. Lost to Zanev in the semis but had our best non-Lejosne match against James Logan. He's gonna get a Red Phoenix run in mine as well but I have a feeling he'll go on to become a People's Rep title holder at some point too.

Wayne's annoying af. Shannon is too but since Mickie is there as a fitting partner for him, I've got no reason not to keep him. I'm sure his pop & performances will go down though since I'm not really protecting him. Eddy Orion is definitely a guy I need to bring in once the coffers are filling up again.

I managed to get my losses in May down to just 6.5K but it spiked back up this month because of the two shows. Up to 16K. Plus I'll probably hold a memorial show as well because....

965d10e37de8c717c3c66d3f1ade5506.png

This just happened to me. I'm playing as the younger brother on this run. Camilo had just signed a new contract too lol. So I'm going to host a memorial show every year on Sunday W3 of June. I might have it headlined by a battle royal or a big 6-man match. Guess Darren Corbett finally gets to be a color commentator now. Camilo Rosario also became my first Hall of Famer ;(

Aw man, that sucks. (I have transitioned to a normal announce team over time Koch/Single, but that's a real shame). GWS alumni and one of my favourites in the Thunderverse, Tyler Mercury, died in February 2016 in mine so he was my first inductee. Other inductees are Bear Zanev (cut him loose after a hideous injury), Talisman, Golden Storm (Fergus/Talis) and Richie Santana Jr.

To be fair my 3-5 matches were often multi-man matches, and I probably wasn't cautious enough re. giving too many people angles.

Aw man, that sucks. (I have transitioned to a normal announce team over time Koch/Single, but that's a real shame). GWS alumni and one of my favourites in the Thunderverse, Tyler Mercury, died in February 2016 in mine so he was my first inductee. Other inductees are Bear Zanev (cut him loose after a hideous injury), Talisman, Golden Storm (Fergus/Talis) and Richie Santana Jr.

To be fair my 3-5 matches were often multi-man matches, and I probably wasn't cautious enough re. giving too many people angles.

I think I'll wait to transition my team for when I start getting penalized for it not matching up to the matches itself.

Tyler Mercury dying that soon is ouffff. Wonder if it had anything to do with drug usage or if it was a freak accident. I think aside from injury/deaths Ill leave my HOF to whoever qualifies.

WrestleX (who seem to have insane funds) came in to collect Pierre Lejosne a couple days away from me making him a double champion. Im giving Zanev/Ramos a tag team try with Maxx gone but I may rearrange my plans. Ramos is going to end up with a title, one way or another, but hard to tell which.

Lennox is doing great lately, and Fergus Storm is able to attend more shows so they're being used a bit more extensively.

Mickie/Shannon are the tag champs now. O'Shea is on his way out the door. Underperforming, and I think I can get someone cheaper for the way he's been doing. Mickie joins my list of guys who have other obligations now (LETHAL) so arent available as much.

So going to be interesting to figure out how the cards shape up throughout the rest of the year with slight roster shake ups. Ideally I want my champs to be Pierre/Tony/Shannon&Mickie.

Motivated by a newfound interest in NJPW and the updates by several people in this thread, I've sat down in the last few days and started up a UPJ save of my own. I'm unabashedly modeling myself after New Japan with the scheduling, and I've pushed the Ozeki Summit back to the summer like someone mentioned they did already in their own save. I like the idea of my tournament winners getting their title shots at Hall of Immortals, so I needed to get the tournaments as close to November as I could. I've also booked two weeks, but its already been a blast.

The biggest news out of New Years Sprint (like I said, unabashed) was the return of Dagger Ito after being unceremoniously fired a few years prior and the formation of Ito-gun, a stable headed by Dagger and veterans Harada and Eda, along with Tiger Singh and Dustin LeFever (who sort of just fell into the group because he uses Tiger as his translator backstage). They attacked members of both United Throne and RENEGADES following Sprint's Main Event, so its hard to say whether they're good guys as of yet or not. Ito swears they have positive motives, though its hard to say whether the veteran still holds a grudge or not. A few more members of this faction debut over the next couple shows. I poached Morita and Gono from HONOUR, with the latter providing much needed microphone skills to the stable, as well as the Ambassador's Club from DRAGON. Junior heavy at the moment, but that might change down the road.

After Sprint, I held a four-show mini-tour titled LuchaMania to put a spotlight on a few members of our new partners, GILL (ILL and CLLM weren't interested in partnerships). I brought over El Segador, Black Panther, El Rebelde Rojo and Jaguar del Oro for the first year. Panther quickly aligned with RENEGADE for the tour, wrestling against combinations of Thunder Iesada, Rojo, and other openers. Oro teamed with Captain UPJ and Kinjo for the whole tour as they fought in a series of six-man tags against the four factions in the company, while Segador competed in the eight-man elimination tournament to crown the first COBRA Openweight championship (Tiger Singh would ultimately win the title against Ram Diablo in the finals). Hope to bring over even more competitors next year, and I got a feeling Panther and Oro will come back even sooner on a touring contract.

Building towards my two big shows at the end of January and start of February with the following marquee match-ups.

Juro Deguchi vs Erik van Rijn

Kozue vs Furosato

Goto & Kato vs Pain & Torture

Tiger Singh vs TBD

As for the rest of my hires, I've tried to limit myself. Gao Xi and the Harris guy were brought in as extra Young Lions to eat pinfalls, while the trio of friends were signed as well. Working relationships were established with PWI and GBWF as well, so their talent will likely be seen on shows before too long too.

Motivated by a newfound interest in NJPW and the updates by several people in this thread, I've sat down in the last few days and started up a UPJ save of my own. I'm unabashedly modeling myself after New Japan with the scheduling, and I've pushed the Ozeki Summit back to the summer like someone mentioned they did already in their own save. I like the idea of my tournament winners getting their title shots at Hall of Immortals, so I needed to get the tournaments as close to November as I could. I've also booked two weeks, but its already been a blast.

The biggest news out of New Years Sprint (like I said, unabashed) was the return of Dagger Ito after being unceremoniously fired a few years prior and the formation of Ito-gun, a stable headed by Dagger and veterans Harada and Eda, along with Tiger Singh and Dustin LeFever (who sort of just fell into the group because he uses Tiger as his translator backstage). They attacked members of both United Throne and RENEGADES following Sprint's Main Event, so its hard to say whether they're good guys as of yet or not. Ito swears they have positive motives, though its hard to say whether the veteran still holds a grudge or not. A few more members of this faction debut over the next couple shows. I poached Morita and Gono from HONOUR, with the latter providing much needed microphone skills to the stable, as well as the Ambassador's Club from DRAGON. Junior heavy at the moment, but that might change down the road.

After Sprint, I held a four-show mini-tour titled LuchaMania to put a spotlight on a few members of our new partners, GILL (ILL and CLLM weren't interested in partnerships). I brought over El Segador, Black Panther, El Rebelde Rojo and Jaguar del Oro for the first year. Panther quickly aligned with RENEGADE for the tour, wrestling against combinations of Thunder Iesada, Rojo, and other openers. Oro teamed with Captain UPJ and Kinjo for the whole tour as they fought in a series of six-man tags against the four factions in the company, while Segador competed in the eight-man elimination tournament to crown the first COBRA Openweight championship (Tiger Singh would ultimately win the title against Ram Diablo in the finals). Hope to bring over even more competitors next year, and I got a feeling Panther and Oro will come back even sooner on a touring contract.

Building towards my two big shows at the end of January and start of February with the following marquee match-ups.

Juro Deguchi vs Erik van Rijn

Kozue vs Furosato

Goto & Kato vs Pain & Torture

Tiger Singh vs TBD

As for the rest of my hires, I've tried to limit myself. Gao Xi and the Harris guy were brought in as extra Young Lions to eat pinfalls, while the trio of friends were signed as well. Working relationships were established with PWI and GBWF as well, so their talent will likely be seen on shows before too long too.

Do you know that this year they're doing the G1 in October and having a WK level event in NY called Wrestle Dynasty. Just saying since you wanted your Ozeki Summit as close to HoI as possible.

You're running it more or less like I do when I try to immitate NJPW, but I hope you dont burn out as fast. :D

Love the Ito-gun idea, also like how you brought the COBRA over, too — it just fits perfectly.

Now that I’ve hit national, I’ve considered establishing relationships like NJPW has with ROH and CMLL and hitting the West Coast for some shows.