Storylines & Autobooker

This maybe just me, but the Auto Booker usually never uses Pre-made storylines to book the card.. especially for matches. I am having to find myself editing what it did. I wonder if there is a option or fix for this, I am overlooking.

This maybe just me, but the Auto Booker usually never uses Pre-made storylines to book the card.. especially for matches. I am having to find myself editing what it did. I wonder if there is a option or fix for this, I am overlooking.

It seems to for me. It does however only stick to 1 v1 and 2v2 and only uses regular normal matches

I may be wrong, but I'm not sure the two are linked. The auto Booker is working as intended. I think the pre-booking is only used as a guide, or reminder in TEW2013 and beyond. Long gone are the days of TEW2010, where pre-booking helped you promote shows also.

I put an idea in the suggestions forum for the two to be integrated, but I'm not sure how hard that would be from a coding standpoint.

Although my above point still stands, I clearly misread your issue.

Sigh!

That's okay.. I wonder what's the purpose of pre-booking then if not to hype/promote the show.

Also, I wanted to know why the Asst/Auto Booker doesn't take into account the storylines already going on. Even with the Booking Skills set 100, it seems to never book any good matches or even adhere to storylines. Its just weird.

I haven't made great use of the storyline system just yet, but I did notice prior to the retail release that only the pre-made storylines seemed to get moved along via the auto booker, whereas user created storylines were more or less ignored.

I don't know what could possibly account for that, but i figured it was worth noting.

Do you think it could have something to do with the format of the pre-made storylines starting with the promotion initials, (ie. CGC: Storyline Name)?

It's worth flirting with, imo, if you're running into the same thing....though it sounded from your post like you're experiencing the opposite, or experiencing nothing at all.

edit - I've got stuff going on tonight, but after that I may run through a couple of storyline scenarios to see if I can confirm or deny my theory. If it can be confirmed, into the tech support forum we go :)

Auto-booker doesn't take existing storylines into account. It also doesn't use pre-booked angles or matches - those are to assist with making the human booking faster.

If you think about, having the AI advance the storylines that you have going in the manner that you want it to is all but impossible. How is supposed to know that you don't want the two meeting in the ring at all? Or that Worker A is supposed to have the upper hand throughout?

The fact that there is an auto-booker that books in an effective manner at all should be applauded. If you have storylines you need to advance, take 30 seconds or a minute to adjust some of the angles created and problem solved.

Auto-booker doesn't take existing storylines into account. It also doesn't use pre-booked angles or matches - those are to assist with making the human booking faster.

If you think about, having the AI advance the storylines that you have going in the manner that you want it to is all but impossible. How is supposed to know that you don't want the two meeting in the ring at all? Or that Worker A is supposed to have the upper hand throughout?

The fact that there is an auto-booker that books in an effective manner at all should be applauded. If you have storylines you need to advance, take 30 seconds or a minute to adjust some of the angles created and problem solved.

My thinking (which could be wrong) is why would it auto/asst book and not included the storylines that exist. If something exist already for a worker, why just makeup a random match or angle. At least that way its down on paper, and if I need to edit details, then I do so. I would think the AI assistant booker feature would gather this info. When I think of assistant booker, I think of it assisting me as the head booker and getting it all set up so that I can go in and edit what it did.

Also, for me... the assistant booker isn't booking any matches that are above a D*, even with top tier wrestlers/main eventers. The Segments/angles are getting good quality grades of C- or better but matches are even close.

I just thought it was strange.

It's possible, then, that what I was witnessing was simply two guys at similar places on the card that were randomly being auto-booked in angles and matches together?

Yeah, it would just be happenstance that the auto-booker picked two workers who were already in a storyline. If you book the next show, they likely won't be involved with each other again.

My thinking (which could be wrong) is why would it auto/asst book and not included the storylines that exist. If something exist already for a worker, why just makeup a random match or angle. At least that way its down on paper, and if I need to edit details, then I do so. I would think the AI assistant booker feature would gather this info. When I think of assistant booker, I think of it assisting me as the head booker and getting it all set up so that I can go in and edit what it did.

Also, for me... the assistant booker isn't booking any matches that are above a D*, even with top tier wrestlers/main eventers. The Segments/angles are getting good quality grades of C- or better but matches are even close.

I just thought it was strange.

But its an auto-booker. Its automatically booking the show. Assistant booking is helping you book matches with some qualifications. Auto-booker is booking it in much the same way the AI books AI companies.

Again, how is it going to know what you want it to do with the storylines? If it did take those into account, it would essentially be guessing at what you want to do, and it would be wrong most of the time. Which would be annoying. For it take your plans into account, it would likely require setting a bunch of parameters in the storyline that would end up taking more time that it currently takes to simply adjust the angles to fit your storylines.

If you are getting poor results for your promotion with auto-booker, there is likely a reason. It doesn't do exceptionally well - don't expect it to get the same grade you can - but it doesn't typically lose popularity either. What company are you using and what are the overall show grades its giving like?

another issue I see is that with the Company Figurehead. This person is usually never selected in the main event and sometimes is not even on the show when using assistant booker. Not sure if that suppose to happen or if its a error/glitch.

But its an auto-booker. Its automatically booking the show. Assistant booking is helping you book matches with some qualifications. Auto-booker is booking it in much the same way the AI books AI companies.

Again, how is it going to know what you want it to do with the storylines? If it did take those into account, it would essentially be guessing at what you want to do, and it would be wrong most of the time. Which would be annoying. For it take your plans into account, it would likely require setting a bunch of parameters in the storyline that would end up taking more time that it currently takes to simply adjust the angles to fit your storylines.

If you are getting poor results for your promotion with auto-booker, there is likely a reason. It doesn't do exceptionally well - don't expect it to get the same grade you can - but it doesn't typically lose popularity either. What company are you using and what are the overall show grades its giving like?

The Highest I have ever gotten was a D* card with auto-booker, and me not editing anything. All my matches are a F- thru D*. Angles usally get a C or B.

I am using WWA (created) with both A popularity and Momentum @ National Level. I auto-book for a solid month to test it out and literally drop to a Cult Level and C popularity/momentum.

The Highest I have ever gotten was a D* card with auto-booker, and me not editing anything. All my matches are a F- thru D*. Angles usally get a C or B.

I am using WWA (created) with both A popularity and Momentum @ National Level. I auto-book for a solid month to test it out and literally drop to a Cult Level and C popularity/momentum.

Interesting. What are you able to get booking yourself? Do you have a messy main event scene? Specifically, do you have talent in the main event scene because of popularity but who lack the in-ring ability to deliver matches? The kind of workers that you would avoid putting in important matches when you book? Because that's the kind of talent the auto-booker won't protect effectively and that can have an impact.

I used auto-book on a few different promotions in a few different mods and it tends to achieve grades to maintain. There is some growth but its gradual. But I haven't had it sink a company.

Are you sure autobooker doesn't account for storylines? It tends to plug workers in storylines into matches and angles together when I use it (for my B show). Sometimes you have to hit the button a couple of times, but that's the case anyway, since sometimes it doesn't book the proper match/angle ratio or it books the show too short.

it's weird because even in the Auto-booking screen details it says it will try and take into account the" type and level of the show as well as the match aim requirement where possible." So if it knows I have requirements to have storylines and it sees storylines setup, why doesn't it adhere to the storylines and create the match and/or angles based on that. It would be totally different if the storyline feature was elaborate & detailed, but its just who the workers are and a description.

Which to me, this storyline feature serves no point, like it did in the previous TEW (05//07/08) that I have played and even in EWR.

Autobooker does take storylines into account, but not for matches.

It'll often add in freestyle angles specifically designed to progress storylines. Any matches that progress storylines are a happy accident.

It won't progress ALL the storylines on every show. But it will throw in one or two to avoid penalties (most of the time :p).

Does auto booker only work if you have a clean slate? I tried to use it to finish off a card I half started and it wouldn't work.

Yeah, autobooker only books entire cards. To finish off cards you've started, you want the Assistant Booker (same button, different option at the top of the popup window).

Does auto booker only work if you have a clean slate? I tried to use it to finish off a card I half started and it wouldn't work.

yes, it needs a clean slate. For me, it will ask to delete what I already have done. Then it will work and create the card.

Are you sure autobooker doesn't account for storylines? It tends to plug workers in storylines into matches and angles together when I use it (for my B show). Sometimes you have to hit the button a couple of times, but that's the case anyway, since sometimes it doesn't book the proper match/angle ratio or it books the show too short.

Yes, when I redo it a few times, it tends to "see" storylines and adhere to it. But I am not sure if its purposefully do it or just by chance happened to pick the 2 workers.

Observe:

http://i.imgur.com/Qh2Fm5n.png

The yellow angles are angles booked to hype matches later in the show. Nothing to do with storylines.

The red angles - which say 'Storyline Segment', a clue - are specifically booked because the workers involved are in a storyline and the autbooker is progressing that storyline to avoid the post-show penalty for not doing so.

The main event is a happy coincidence.

Got an 83, incidentally. Not bad, auto-Hill. Not bad at all.

Interesting. What are you able to get booking yourself? Do you have a messy main event scene? Specifically, do you have talent in the main event scene because of popularity but who lack the in-ring ability to deliver matches? The kind of workers that you would avoid putting in important matches when you book? Because that's the kind of talent the auto-booker won't protect effectively and that can have an impact.

I used auto-book on a few different promotions in a few different mods and it tends to achieve grades to maintain. There is some growth but its gradual. But I haven't had it sink a company.

I used auto-push and it places people where they need to be. But this one particular guy (created) has the skills, performance ability and the popularity. When I book him, its A, if auto-booker books him, its usually a B. But he is rarely on the card if I go the auto-booker route. Oh by the way, he's the figurehead with the gimmick Franchise Player and is the top wrestler/heel in the company.

Observe:

The yellow angles are angles booked to hype matches later in the show. Nothing to do with storylines.

The red angles - which say 'Storyline Segment', a clue - are specifically booked because the workers involved are in a storyline and the autbooker is progressing that storyline to avoid the post-show penalty for not doing so.

Thanks for this... there is hope. My main concern was for matches though. I have seen it for angle, though not often. I have seen auto-booker book matches with people in opposite storylines. Like W1 and W2 in a storyline and then another storyline W3 and W4. Auto-booker would do W1vW3 and then W2vW4

Thanks DL. I don't think it was doing storyline advancing angles at all when I was playing with it extensively, so it might have been adjusted. That's a good thing.

I don't think the auto-booker is going to take things that far, tydezno. Its not meant to replace the human booking entirely. The comment you quoted from in the game - "type and level of the show as well as the match aim requirement where possible" - means exactly what it says. It books a regular TV show different than a B show, and a PPV is different yet. It takes match aims into account. It will advance storylines, as D-Lyrium shows, but it won't necessary book them entirely for you. You still require some oversight if you want things to run ideally. You are the booker, after all.

I've seen the figurehead left off shows before but not with any consistency. Is there anything with their contract (creative control) or physical condition (bad shape) that might be a factor/

Observe:

Thanks for that!

Yeah, in USPW I went and created a "Showcase" storyline that's got all my midcarders and lower who aren't in a real storyline and generally centering around the TV title. That way, the auto-booker at least plugs those guys in in some form or fashion each week on the B show.

Archived