Preshow an Postshow Segments

How do you book Preshow and Postshow Segments? It always says I have an optional 60 minutes for preshow segments, and 30 minutes for postshow segments. I have looked in Angles, but there is only pre and post match, not show.

Also, how does preshow and postshow segments effect your show rating?

How do you book Preshow and Postshow Segments? It always says I have an optional 60 minutes for preshow segments, and 30 minutes for postshow segments. I have looked in Angles, but there is only pre and post match, not show.

Also, how does preshow and postshow segments effect your show rating?

When booking a match there's a tick box for pre-show or post- show. I generally book pre-show matches if I have people from the lower card who aren't planned to be in a match in the main show. I never book post-show matches, never saw the point in them myself.

Pre-show and post-show segments don't effect your show rating one bit, which is nice.

As far as I know you can only book matches in pre-show and post-show. I generally book pre-show matches if I have people from the lower card who aren't planned to be in a match in the main show. I never book post-show matches, never saw the point in them myself.

Pre-show and post-show segments don't effect your show rating one bit, which is nice.

Angles can also be booked as pre- and post-show segments.

Yep- they are ideal for workers who need experience/training not only in the ring but with entertainment skills. For example, every show I run a pre-show angle called "work the crowd" and I put 8 workers in it rated on entertainment. I get improvements for many who need it in that area without the risk of bombing an angle in the main show.

Ah, wow, can't believe I missed that haha. Thanks for pointing that out to me, everyone! I appreciate all of your quick response!

Yep- they are ideal for workers who need experience/training not only in the ring but with entertainment skills. For example, every show I run a pre-show angle called "work the crowd" and I put 8 workers in it rated on entertainment. I get improvements for many who need it in that area without the risk of bombing an angle in the main show.

That is perfect. The crowd hates when I book Enzo Amore and Big Cass for some reason, I guess because they are so inexperienced, so this will be perfect to help me get my jobbers up to at least being able to get some kind of crowd love!

Thanks a lot!

But they do count for the flow of the show right? I remember being hesitant to use them in previous games because they tend to lower the crowd's mood.

You can use them still to get the crowd hot. It's useful in game theory if you're booking a very short show (1 hour long) but need to generate some heat for the later matches. Work the Crowd for instance, or use a non-involved Main Eventer to run an open match over an Opener or LMC.

I like to use Post-Show matches in the historic sense, by putting together good quality matches for the fans with over workers that weren't featured in the card (Or minorly featured, like a squah match). You can also use them as a place to give ETs some experience without risking a rigidly constructed card's crowd heat.

You can use them still to get the crowd hot. It's useful in game theory if you're booking a very short show (1 hour long) but need to generate some heat for the later matches. Work the Crowd for instance, or use a non-involved Main Eventer to run an open match over an Opener or LMC.

I like to use Post-Show matches in the historic sense, by putting together good quality matches for the fans with over workers that weren't featured in the card (Or minorly featured, like a squah match). You can also use them as a place to give ETs some experience without risking a rigidly constructed card's crowd heat.

Be careful with using workers who are in a storyline together in a post-show match though. I know in TEW13 that would tank the storyline heat because the workers would hold back and the match rating would suffer. I haven't tried it in '16 yet.

Are we sure pre-show matches don't effect Show Rating? I booked two pre-show matches with borrowed workers from NXT (to test their match quality), which resulted in a D for both matches. Besides that, I had at least a B- for almost all of my segments, with maybe one or two C ratings. In theory, I should have earned at least a B- (or very least C*), but I ended up with just a C rating.

Are we positive on this, or should there be an experiment done to confirm this?

I cannot believe I never thought about doing this. That could be one of the best ideas ever. Thank you for this suggestion.

Actually post show segments can affect your overall rating by causing overuse penalties.

And it's best to use as many segments in a show as possible especially angles which don't cause fatigue.

If your workers are on PPA's though, it might be better to leave some of them off, right?

But they do count for the flow of the show right? I remember being hesitant to use them in previous games because they tend to lower the crowd's mood.

It's stated in the player's handbook that pre- and post show segments don't affect crowd management, nor do minor angles and angles under 5 minutes.

I cannot believe I never thought about doing this. That could be one of the best ideas ever. Thank you for this suggestion.

You're welcome, though I can't take credit. Someone on here threw it out there a couple years ago. Wish I could remember who it was as you're right, it is a great method.

Actually post show segments can affect your overall rating by causing overuse penalties.

Yes, they do so I turned that off. It's the only option I turned off, but with a 0/0/0/0 company, I was getting overused notes every show. Well, at the local and small level, people will expect to see the whole roster (indeed you really have to use the whole roster to get a show put together).

I never understood why these dark matches and angles can overexpose a worker if they aren't really part of the show.

Archived