Generate new workers setting

What does this actually drive? Before the date I had in there had actually passed I could set some filters every month and there were always a bunch of new rookies available to hire, some with organic bios and some with custom stuff.

What do you usually put here?

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="LloydCross" data-cite="LloydCross" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41855" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>What does this actually drive? Before the date I had in there had actually passed I could set some filters every month and there were always a bunch of new rookies available to hire, some with organic bios and some with custom stuff.<p> </p><p> What do you usually put here?</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I tried different settings when the game first came out, and settled on medium beginning in Jan 2017 as the best method for me. I thought high pushed out too many too quickly, medium seems about right. I was looking for a pace that matched up with retirements. So far I am 3+ years in and satisfied with generation rate.</p>

<p>Haha! That's funny!</p><p> </p><p>

I've had it on the highest setting with a date matching the start date (one of the first things I change in any mod I install) since we've had that option, and I get squat. Outside of the normal 'world balancing' generation (referees, announcers, etc), there's not much in the way of new workers popping out. I might get five workers a year (women, mind) on 'Extremely High' <em><strong>if I'm lucky</strong></em>. Given the rate at which women retire around 35 (common unless I preset it differently at the database level), new talent is always needed but not always available. By 'new talent', I don't mean 'debuts at main event level'. I mean people who, if they're signed (which isn't a guarantee), start at enhancement talent/opener and work their way up. That takes time though. I may have to convert rufasxp2000's women's mod again, just to get a talent infusion.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Remianen" data-cite="Remianen" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41855" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Haha! That's funny!<p> </p><p> I've had it on the highest setting with a date matching the start date (one of the first things I change in any mod I install) since we've had that option, and I get squat. Outside of the normal 'world balancing' generation (referees, announcers, etc), there's not much in the way of new workers popping out. I might get five workers a year (women, mind) on 'Extremely High' <em><strong>if I'm lucky</strong></em>. Given the rate at which women retire around 35 (common unless I preset it differently at the database level), new talent is always needed but not always available. By 'new talent', I don't mean 'debuts at main event level'. I mean people who, if they're signed (which isn't a guarantee), start at enhancement talent/opener and work their way up. That takes time though. I may have to convert rufasxp2000's women's mod again, just to get a talent infusion.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I'n guessing something is wrong with one of our games then as I put mine on extreme high for a month and got 26, forgot to lower it and got 28 the next month!</p>

As I understand it, it's based on the size of the database - a with several dozen feds in, many with women's divisons, will need more female workers in the 'verse to provide a realistic degree of churn.

In other DBs, womens wrestling is a niche product and the need for workers is smaller. From memory, Remi once mentioned a company he was running with a roster well into the triple digits, in which case his company in that game was probably retiring more decent workers each year on its own than there were being generated workers with even the lowest potential to be passable talents :p

Haha! That's funny!

I've had it on the highest setting with a date matching the start date (one of the first things I change in any mod I install) since we've had that option, and I get squat. Outside of the normal 'world balancing' generation (referees, announcers, etc), there's not much in the way of new workers popping out. I might get five workers a year (women, mind) on 'Extremely High' if I'm lucky. Given the rate at which women retire around 35 (common unless I preset it differently at the database level), new talent is always needed but not always available. By 'new talent', I don't mean 'debuts at main event level'. I mean people who, if they're signed (which isn't a guarantee), start at enhancement talent/opener and work their way up. That takes time though. I may have to convert rufasxp2000's women's mod again, just to get a talent infusion.

Well I know you know a lot about the game but I'm still going to ask a stupid question...How do you set up your eras as far as worker generation goes?

To the OP, as Remianen pointed out there is quite often a shortage of women and I run women promotions a lot as well. For the default database I typically edit in 2 eras:

- First era - Start date to Dec 2025 - I set worker generation to "exclusively women" and so far I've been alternating between High and Medium year to year depending on the number of unemployed women. I do this because there seems to be enough male workers already in the database set to debut during that time frame.

- second era - January 2026 to far in the future - This is the date Adam has set as the worker generation date in the default database. With this era I set the worker generation to "Far More Women". This will generate far less women than in the previous era since unless you select exclusively women, the generation amount is linked as a fraction of the number of men generated.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="VBigB" data-cite="VBigB" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41855" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Well I know you know a lot about the game but I'm still going to ask a stupid question...How do you set up your eras as far as worker generation goes?<p> </p><p> To the OP, as Remianen pointed out there is quite often a shortage of women and I run women promotions a lot as well. For the default database I typically edit in 2 eras:</p><p> </p><p> - First era - Start date to Dec 2025 - I set worker generation to "exclusively women" and so far I've been alternating between High and Medium year to year depending on the number of unemployed women. I do this because there seems to be enough male workers already in the database set to debut during that time frame.</p><p> </p><p> - second era - January 2026 to far in the future - This is the date Adam has set as the worker generation date in the default database. With this era I set the worker generation to "Far More Women". This will generate far less women than in the previous era since unless you select exclusively women, the generation amount is linked as a fraction of the number of men generated.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Where is the setting for "Far More Women" located? The only options I see are date and quantity.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="LloydCross" data-cite="LloydCross" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41855" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Where is the setting for "Far More Women" located? The only options I see are date and quantity.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I'll post instructions when I'm back where I have reliable internet. Hopefully that will be tomorrow night or Friday morning.</p>

Worker generation is controlled by your “New Worker Frequency” selection from the “options” menu within a save game and the settings of any Era active at the current in game date. If there is no active era everything will be set at the default level. One of the options in the Era portion of the editor is adjusting the gender ratio of the generated fighters but you can adjust much more than that which will be evident when you dig into the screens.

So you have a couple of options.

Option 1 – before you start a new game click on “editor” (top row buttons) -> “edit database”. You will get the following screen. Note that there are 0 eras in the default database.

http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p65/VBigB/Eras1_zps3ooxnlff.png

Click on “eras” -> “add record” and you will get the screen below. I usually set the start date to the database start date and the end date to far in the future unless I want multiple eras for some reason. It's pretty self explanatory, the 7 “Universal Settings” affect the entire game world, the rest of the settings under “Settings By Game Area” affect the game area currently selected in the “Area” (1) drop-down box. As you can see the can make adjustments to the the gender of the generated fighters (2). You can set every game area in one Era. So after you have set all your preferences for USA you can change the selection in the “Area” drop-down box to Canada and all your settings for USA are preserved. Once you are done select save and then close.

http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p65/VBigB/Eras2_zpsbluz86zw.png

Option 2 – If you are already in a save that has no active era's then follow the steps in Option 1. Then from inside your save game select “Options” -> “Import Data”.

http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p65/VBigB/Eras3_zpsj1dndfxs.png

The screen below will come up with defaults for “Default” and “Workers”. So

1. Select the database you added the era to.

2. Select Eras

3. Check the relevant era.

4. Select Import data.

http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p65/VBigB/Eras4_zpsbyocih3i.png

Option 3 – edit an existing era if there is one already in you database. Inside an active save select “Options” ->”Edit Data”. Select the “Eras” in the drop-down box and then select the era you want to edit.

http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p65/VBigB/Eras5_zpszg3liwnr.png

The screen shown will be exactly the same as the one from the main editor that I showed in the second screen-shot. Make your changes as you see fit.

Archived