WCW: Heart and Soul

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

July 2004, Week 1

5syC0e6.png

July 5th, 2004

Worldwide taping: Prince Devitt over Rampage Brown, Konnan over Matt Winchester and Mortis over Jaison Moore.

Attendance: 12,000

en9LXEv.png

Show Notes:

-Sting did more babyface work with Johnny Parisi, and he also gave Rellik some advice on telling better in-ring stories.

-Kendrick and Aguila didn’t click at all as opponents.

-Paul Heyman came up with a new catch phrase during his backstage segment in Dusty’s office, where he warned TAKA not to get in the way of Samoa Joe “or Joe is going to kill you.” This should help his promos out even more.

-This was Nakamura’s tenth successful title defense, meaning he now has the option of vacating the TV title and challenging for the US title, or he can try to make it to fifteen and earn a World title match.

-All four guys in the main event did an awesome job, but if I had to pick an MVP of the match it would be Yang. Really says a lot about how far the Dragons have come when they can stand out even when in the ring with Chris Jericho and Lance Storm.

“I think you should get rid of Jackie and just focus on me and Trish.” –Amy Dumas

“I like Aguila; he’s a solid wrestler.” –Yang

“I can’t wait to hear Nakamura get on the mic and sell the beatdown he took tonight.” –CM Punk

JJBwRaP.png

July 10th, 2004

OeROICC.png

Show Notes:

-Trish Stratus pulled off an impression of former Renaissance road agent Dusty Rhodes that apparently transcended language barriers and entertained the locker room.

-Nixxi Roxx and Tanny Mouse seemed to work pretty well as a team. Maybe we should bring in Tanny on a semi-regular basis and use them as an enhancement-level team?

“Aja Kong either can’t or won’t sell for anybody anymore. I think her time is over.” –Meiko Satomura

Upcoming WCW PPV Event(s):

KyOxMWn.jpg

July 11th, 2004

Official Prediction Scorecard:

Madison Eagles vs. Takako Inoue

Alexis Laree and Allison Corino vs. Wesna Busic and The Beautiful Nightmare

Chigusa Nagayo and Momoe Nakanishi vs. The Darkess (Daffney and LuFisto)

The Women’s Revolution (Amy and Jacqueline) vs. Our Generation (©) for the Women’s World Tag Team Championship

Manami Toyota vs. Trish Stratus

Meiko Satomura vs. Akira Hokuto (©) for the Women’s World Championship

What will be match of the night?

How many titles will change hands?

AX4zxHK.jpg

July 25th, 2004

Matt Hardy vs. The Destroyer

Cruiserweight Shootout for a shot at the Unified Junior Heavyweight Championship at the Japan Supershow (qualified so far: Brian Kendrick, El Generico, Paul London, Volador Jr.)

Chris Jericho and Lance Storm vs. The Dangerous Alliance (©) for the World Tag Team Championship

Steven Regal vs. Bryan Danielson (©) in a No Time Limit match for the United States Championship

Goldberg vs. The Unnatural in a Steel Cage match

Eddie Guerrero vs. CM Punk (©) for the World Championship

Card subject to change. Please do not submit your predictions at this time.

News Updates:

Chigusa Nagayo isn’t the only one of our women WWE set their sights on. I was surprised when Kyoko Inoue called me to tell me she was going to take their offer and make the jump without even given me a chance to counter. It’s not a huge loss since she was pretty far down the totem pole, though I was considering turning her heel and reforming her old tag team with Takako Inoue for some depth in our tag division. I guess I should just be happy it wasn’t someone more critical to my plans who blindsided me like this.

Unlike guys like Nakamura, Shibata and Wataru Inoue, who found work elsewhere after Antonio Inoki’s short-sighted round of layoffs last year, some of their young dojo graduates have struggled to get regular bookings. Simon Inoki has asked us to take a couple of them in, so we’re signing Hirooki Goto and Naofumi Yamamoto under a sort of makeshift learning excursion. They’ll start off in developmental and then have a stint on our main roster until New Japan decides it’s ready to bring them back and reintroduce them to their fanbase.

Chris Jericho recently told me he saw something in fellow Canadian Kevin Steen, and he’s backed it up by taking on both Steen and his partner El Genericho as protégés.

Mariko Yoshida signed a 1 year contract extension.

Elsewhere in the wrestling world:

l4yrqwG.png

I’m hearing that the Boy Toy has succeeded in turning a large chunk of the locker room against The Rock. Is Vince really going to sit back and allow HBK to drive off his biggest attraction?

Chyna has now left WWE, thinning out their women’s division even more. It’s ironic that she stayed around for all those years after Hunter cheated on her with Stephanie only to leave after they split up.

WWE continued to sign up some new (old) talent, bringing in Vader and Fit Finlay.

NJPW’s PPVs air via PPV in Australia via the Main Event service, and now their weekly World Pro Wrestling show will be made available to Australians via the same service. I’m not sure how many buys they’re going to get for a weekly TV show in Australia, but it’s better than nothing.

New Japan brought in recent dojo graduate Yujiro Takahashi as a young lion, and Masahiro Chono immediately took him on as a protégé.

<hr noshade size=3>

Hall of Champions:

5syC0e6.png

World Heavyweight Champion:

http://i.imgur.com/haJKoFv.jpg

CM Punk

IyPxuzp.jpg

Won: April 11th, 2004 from The Unnatural at Clash of the Champions in Melbourne, Australia

Previous Champions (since March 2001):

The Unnatural: June 15th, 2003-April 11th, 2004 (301 days)

Rey Mysterio Jr.: December 29th, 2002-June 15th, 2003 (168 days)

Booker T (#5): May 19th, 2002-December 29th, 2002 (224 days)

Rob Van Dam: December 30th, 2001-May 19th, 2002 (140 days)

Scott Steiner (#2): July 15th, 2001-December 30th, 2001 (168 days)

Booker T (#4): March 26th, 2001-July 15th, 2001 (111 days)

United States Heavyweight Champion:

http://i.imgur.com/mitTbCm.jpg

Bryan Danielson

lAlFtSW.jpg

Won: April 11th, 2004 from Rob Van Dam at Clash of the Champions in Melbourne, Australia

Rob Van Dam: September 21st, 2003-April 11th, 2004 (203 days)

AJ Styles: December 29th, 2002-September 21st, 2003 (266 days)

Shane Douglas (#2): April 1st, 2002-December 29th, 2002 (272 days)

Rey Misterio Jr (#2): October 14th, 2001-April 1st, 2002 (169 days)

Kanyon: August 5th, 2001-October 14th, 2001 (70 days)

Rey Misterio Jr: May 13th, 2001-August 5th, 2001 (85 days)

Booker T: March 18th, 2001-April 30th, 2001 (44 days)

World Television Champion:

rrRBDgP.jpg

Shinsuke Nakamura

k8UIH2T.jpg

Won: April 11th, 2004 from Hayabusa at Clash of the Champions in Melbourne, Australia

Previous Champions (since July 2002):

Hayabusa: April 5th, 2004-April 11th,2004 (6 days)

Brian Kendrick: January 19th, 2004-April 5th, 2004 (77 days)

((Hardy reached the maximum fifteen title defenses, thus vacating the title on 1/19/04 and earning a World Heavyweight Championship match))

Matt Hardy: October 19th, 2003-January 19th, 2004 (92 days)

Bobby Roode: August 24th, 2003-October 19th, 2003 (56 days)

((O'Haire reached the maximum fifteen title defenses, thus vacating the title on 7/21/03 and earning a World Heavyweight Championship match))

Sean O'Haire: January 26th, 2003-July 21st, 2003 (176 days)

Fit Finlay (#2): July 29th, 2002-January 26th, 2003 (181 days)

World Tag Team Champions:

http://i.imgur.com/S0cu0uO.jpg

The Dangerous Alliance (Sean O’Haire and Shane Douglas, #4 for O’Haire, #3 for Douglas)

c5XJDHD.jpgeTShQmA.jpg

Won: June 14th, 2004 from Lance Storm in a handicap match on Monday Nitro in New York City, New York

True Heroes (Lance Storm and CM Punk) (#3): December 28th, 2003-June 14th, 2004 (169 days)

Salvation (Mortis, Alexander and The Destroyer): August 24th, 2003-December 28th, 2003 (126 days)

Christopher Daniels and Brian Adams (#3 for Adams): June 15th, 2003-August 24th, 2003 (70 days)

The Hardys (Matt Hardy and Jeff Hardy) (#2): December 29th, 2002-June 15th, 2003 (168 days)

True Heroes (Lance Storm and CM Punk) (#2): October 27th, 2002-December 29th, 2002 (63 days)

The Hardys (Matt Hardy and Jeff Hardy): July 14th, 2002-October 27th, 2002 (105 days)

True Heroes (Lance Storm and CM Punk): December 30th, 2001-July 14th, 2002 (196 days)

The Natural Born Thrillers (Chuck Palumbo and Sean O'Haire): January 14th, 2001-December 30th, 2001 (351 days)

Unified Junior Heavyweight Champion:

bNOS1V5.jpghttp://i.imgur.com/u0cJ04Z.jpgg2XT5xO.jpg

((This is a championship jointly sanctioned by and defended in New Japan Pro Wrestling and WCW, comprised of the IWGP Junior Heavyweight, WCW Cruiserweight and UWA Welterweight titles.))

Jushin Liger

RvGrceu.jpg

Won: July 9th, 2004 from Koji Kanemoto at NJPW Dominion in Osaka, Japan

Previous Champions (since June 2004):

Koji Kanemoto: June 4th, 2004-July 9th, 2004 (35 days)

ANNUAL CHAMPIONSHIPS:

Mayhem Battle Royal (held every May):

i915ufn.jpg

2004: King Corino

2003: Eddie Guerrero

2002: Diamond Dallas Page

Stu Hart Classic Tournament (held every November):

305ySKD.jpg

2003: Jeff Hardy

2002: Rey Mysterio Jr.

2001: Rob Van Dam

The Ultimate Fan Series

2004: The Dead Jesters, managed by Marshal Van Black (The Enigma (replacing Steve Austin), Eddie Guerrero, Akira Hokuto, Shane Douglas and Christopher Daniels)

2003: Satyr's Hopeful Few, managed by Satyr24 (Mortis, The Unnatural, Alexander, Christopher Daniels and Melissa Anderson)

2002: The Agents of Chaos, managed by Beejus Pilgrim (Scott Steiner, Rick Steiner, Mark Jindrak and Dustin Rhodes)

2001: The K-Nections, managed by Kevin Gaines (Booker T, Sting, AJ Styles and Alex Wright)

1989? Championship Pedigree, managed by Bernie Klein (Hulk Hogan, Ted DiBiase, Tito Santana, Robert Gibson and The Rougeau Brothers)

<hr noshade size=3>

This is the beginning of what is normally the six month long prediction contest to decide the eight people who get to do the UFS draft. I'll need to figure out an alternative format to run the draft this year though, both because the Special Dynasty section is gone and because this thing is now being crossposted to BTB as well. Maybe Discord is the answer? Open to ideas on how to handle this.

Did you know Rellik spelled backwards is “what a weird booking decision but I’m totally behind it”?

Is Sting officially retired?

No; he's just in terminal decline so I want to keep him out of the ring as much as possible. He might have an occasional match when the story calls for it though.

Wow, I had some catching up to do! It's been a couple of years, but found this in my bookmarks on my old laptop and it's still my favorite dynasty to read! Looking forward to more!

Welcome back!

How is Mortis a bigger star in the national battle rankings than Unnatural?

I'm more surprised that Eddie isn't in the Top 5.

All about star quality.

Mortis: 84

Dustin: 76

Eddie: 73

Mortis and Unnatural are at about the same level pop wise now; Dustin was ahead after beating Austin and Goldberg in back to back months but now he’s pretty much right at the same level as Mortis. Eddie is behind them both, but obviously the star quality of Eddie and Dustin will keep them from ever factoring into national battles.

Okay for real what's this BTB Discord you keep mentioning?

The Women’s Revolution (Amy and Jacqueline) vs. Our Generation (©) for the Women’s World Tag Team Championship

What will be match of the night? - Meiko vs. Akira

How many titles will change hands? - 1

What will be match of the night? Manami Toyota vs. Trish Stratus

How many titles will change hands? 1

Women Revolution need to look strong in their first PPV

BY DQ

What will be match of the night? Toyota v Stratus

<p>July 11th, 2004</p><p> </p><p>

Official Prediction Scorecard:</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Madison Eagles</strong> vs. Takako Inoue</p><p> </p><p>

Alexis Laree and Allison Corino vs. <strong>Wesna Busic and The Beautiful Nightmare</strong></p><p>

Honestly Laree & Corino to me seem more established, but i think the other 2 would benefit more</p><p> </p><p>

Chigusa Nagayo and Momoe Nakanishi vs. <strong>The Darkess (Daffney and LuFisto)</strong></p><p> </p><p>

<strong>The Women’s Revolution (Amy and Jacqueline)</strong> vs. Our Generation (©) for the Women’s World Tag Team Championship</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Manami Toyota</strong> vs. Trish Stratus</p><p>

Gotta represent that WCW crew</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Meiko Satomura</strong> vs. Akira Hokuto (©) for the Women’s World Championship</p><p>

Meiko's been built up really well, i think she'd make a great champ</p><p> </p><p>

What will be match of the night? <strong>Toyota vs Stratus</strong></p><p>

How many titles will change hands? <strong>2</strong></p>

<p><strong>Madison Eagles</strong> vs. Takako Inoue</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Alexis Laree and Allison Corino </strong>vs. Wesna Busic and The Beautiful Nightmare</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Chigusa Nagayo and Momoe Nakanishi</strong> vs. The Darkess (Daffney and LuFisto)</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>The Women’s Revolution (Amy and Jacqueline)</strong> vs. Our Generation (©) for the Women’s World Tag Team Championship</p><p> </p><p>

Manami Toyota vs. <strong>Trish Stratus</strong></p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Meiko Satomura</strong> vs. Akira Hokuto (©) for the Women’s World Championship</p><p> </p><p>

What will be match of the night? Meiko vs. Akira</p><p>

How many titles will change hands? 2</p>

What will be match of the night? Toyota vs. Stratus

How many titles will change hands? One

What will be match of the night? The main event

How many titles will change hands? 2

What will be match of the night? Meiko Satomura vs. Akira Hokuto

How many titles will change hands? zero

What will be match of the night? Toyota vs Trish

What will be match of the night? Satomura/Hokuto

Official Prediction Scorecard:

What will be match of the night? Toyota vs Stratus

How many titles will change hands? 2

Would be totally up for joining a discord for a fan contest.

Great to see Jericho mentoring th young Canadians. these connections will be long term!

Is Star Quality fixed? or can it change if they get in better shape etc? It seems like without people retiring thats what is going to keep WWE in the game for a few years. Who is young and has it apart from Shinsuke?

Alexis Laree and Allison Corino vs. <strong>Wesna Busic and The Beautiful Nightmare</strong></p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Chigusa Nagayo and Momoe Nakanishi</strong> vs. The Darkess (Daffney and LuFisto)</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Meiko Satomura</strong> vs. Akira Hokuto (©) for the Women’s World Championship</p><p> </p><p>

What will be match of the night? <strong>Satomura vs. Hokuto</strong></p><p>

How many titles will change hands? <strong>2</strong></p>

<p>Madison Eagles vs. <strong>Takako Inoue</strong></p><p>

</p><p><strong>

Alexis Laree and Allison Corino</strong> vs. Wesna Busic and The Beautiful Nightmare</p><p> </p><p>

The Women’s Revolution (Amy and Jacqueline) vs. <strong>Our Generation (©)</strong> for the Women’s World Tag Team Championship</p><p>

</p><p><strong>

Manami Toyota</strong> vs. Trish Stratus</p><p> </p><p>

Meiko Satomura vs. <strong>Akira Hokuto</strong> (©) for the Women’s World Championship</p><p> </p><p>

What will be match of the night? Satomura v Hokuto</p><p>

How many titles will change hands? 0</p>

<p>July 11th, 2004</p><p> </p><p>

Official Prediction Scorecard:</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Madison Eagles</strong> vs. Takako Inoue</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Alexis Laree and Allison Corino</strong> vs. Wesna Busic and The Beautiful Nightmare</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>The Women’s Revolution</strong> (Amy and Jacqueline) vs. Our Generation (©) for the Women’s World Tag Team Championship</p><p> </p><p>

Meiko Satomura vs. <strong>Akira Hokuto</strong> (©) for the Women’s World Championship</p><p> </p><p>

What will be match of the night? Satomura v Hokuto</p><p>

How many titles will change hands? 1</p>

<strong>Alexis Laree and Allison Corino</strong> vs. Wesna Busic and The Beautiful Nightmare</p><p> </p><p>

Chigusa Nagayo and Momoe Nakanishi vs. <strong>The Darkess (Daffney and LuFisto)</strong></p><p> </p><p>

Meiko Satomura vs. <strong>Akira Hokuto (©)</strong> for the Women’s World Championship</p><p> </p><p>

What will be match of the night? <strong>Meiko vs. Akira</strong></p><p>

How many titles will change hands? <strong>1</strong></p>