Jet Planes & Long Limousines (Crockett Promotions 1987)

<p>Maybe it was the Photobucket fiasco, maybe it was the layoff, maybe it was the over-ambitious tackling of booking The Great American Bash tour...but I'm sorry to say that I am going to bring this diary to a premature close. I just can't get the motivation or excitement level to jump back in...</p><p> </p><p>

Thanks to Togg and Beejus both for nominating me for diary of the month this month! It's a huge honor and I hope I'm not disappointing you guys by begging out. Also, thanks to everyone who voted for this diary in June--I thought that was pretty cool. </p><p> </p><p>

So, before I officially close it up I thought I'd let you folks in on where certain things were going.</p><p> </p><p>

</p><ul><li>Flair/Nikita in a Best of 7...Depending on how Nikita performed I did expect to run with him as champion (at least briefly).<br /></li><li>The GAB Prediction Prize: the winner of the GAB Prediction Prize was going to decide if Luger kicked Flair out of the Horsemen (turning Flair face) or if Flair kicked Luger out of the Horsemen (turning Luger face)--either way I was thinking that would be the big Starrcade showdown with whoever was heel taking the title off of Nikita in the mean time<br /></li><li>Dusty's attacker: Dusty's attacker was obviously Mark Callous. The man behind it all would be revealed to be Gary Hart who was blaming Dusty for his ill-fated plane crash. Hart would've brought in a stable of guys for Dusty to go though (including Muta)<br /></li><li>Barry Windham/Garvins--Windham was going to begin being managed (and occasionaly teaming with) his father Blackjack Mulligan. It would be to originally feud with the Garvins but after Ron's injury was leading to Michael Hayes.<br /></li><li>Scott Hall's streak was taking him to the either the US title with Dick Murdoch or TV title and Arn Anderson...would've most likely been a prediction prize along the way<br /></li><li>Yes to4sty, I would've worked The Warlord in with Sullivan and the Barbarian against the Roadies eventually (also Sully and Barb were getting ready to take on the Roadies in a double dog collar match at some point on the tour)<br /></li><li>Speaking of the Road Warriors, they were about to win the Tag titles from the Sheepherders (thanks to a a previous prediction prize) hence, the RnR dropping the titles<br /></li><li>Los Guerreros and the Midnight Express would've culminated in a Scaffold Match<br /></li></ul><p></p><p> </p><p>

If there's any stones I left un-turned and anyone still has a burning questions...by all means fire away. I'll happily share.</p><p> </p><p>

In the meantime, I have made an Imgur account and am already beginning my next project. In fact, it might be the biggest reason I'm killing of JCP so prematurely...just getting too excited about this idea. Sp...keep an eye out and I'll be back.</p><p> </p><p>

Thanks again to everyone who stopped by and read, commented, predicted, etc. It's much appreciated!</p>

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply
<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Crossface" data-cite="Crossface" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="43677" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Maybe it was the Photobucket fiasco, maybe it was the layoff, maybe it was the over-ambitious tackling of booking The Great American Bash tour...but I'm sorry to say that I am going to bring this diary to a premature close. I just can't get the motivation or excitement level to jump back in...<p> </p><p> Thanks to Togg and Beejus both for nominating me for diary of the month this month! It's a huge honor and I hope I'm not disappointing you guys by begging out. Also, thanks to everyone who voted for this diary in June--I thought that was pretty cool. </p><p> </p><p> So, before I officially close it up I thought I'd let you folks in on where certain things were going.</p><p> </p><p> </p><ul><li>Flair/Nikita in a Best of 7...Depending on how Nikita performed I did expect to run with him as champion (at least briefly).<br /></li><li>The GAB Prediction Prize: the winner of the GAB Prediction Prize was going to decide if Luger kicked Flair out of the Horsemen (turning Flair face) or if Flair kicked Luger out of the Horsemen (turning Luger face)--either way I was thinking that would be the big Starrcade showdown with whoever was heel taking the title off of Nikita in the mean time<br /></li><li>Dusty's attacker: Dusty's attacker was obviously Mark Callous. The man behind it all would be revealed to be Gary Hart who was blaming Dusty for his ill-fated plane crash. Hart would've brought in a stable of guys for Dusty to go though (including Muta)<br /></li><li>Barry Windham/Garvins--Windham was going to begin being managed (and occasionaly teaming with) his father Blackjack Mulligan. It would be to originally feud with the Garvins but after Ron's injury was leading to Michael Hayes.<br /></li><li>Scott Hall's streak was taking him to the either the US title with Dick Murdoch or TV title and Arn Anderson...would've most likely been a prediction prize along the way<br /></li><li>Yes to4sty, I would've worked The Warlord in with Sullivan and the Barbarian against the Roadies eventually (also Sully and Barb were getting ready to take on the Roadies in a double dog collar match at some point on the tour)<br /></li><li>Speaking of the Road Warriors, they were about to win the Tag titles from the Sheepherders (thanks to a a previous prediction prize) hence, the RnR dropping the titles<br /></li><li>Los Guerreros and the Midnight Express would've culminated in a Scaffold Match<br /></li></ul><p></p><p> </p><p> If there's any stones I left un-turned and anyone still has a burning questions...by all means fire away. I'll happily share.</p><p> </p><p> In the meantime, I have made an Imgur account and am already beginning my next project. In fact, it might be the biggest reason I'm killing of JCP so prematurely...just getting too excited about this idea. Sp...keep an eye out and I'll be back.</p><p> </p><p> Thanks again to everyone who stopped by and read, commented, predicted, etc. It's much appreciated!</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Very sad to see this end.</p><p> </p><p> What would you do with Rick Rude when he came back?</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Uncrewed" data-cite="Uncrewed" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="43677" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Very sad to see this end.<p> </p><p> What would you do with Rick Rude when he came back?</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Hard to say exactly. He wasn't even scheduled to finish rehab for like something like 6 more months. Manny Fernandez actually had just quit on me (even though he beat Jimmy Valiant on the same show?!) I was going to move Paul Jones over to Ron Simmons... and just evaluate the landscape when Rude came back. If he passed his drug tests, I probably would've had him hit on Precious and let him run with Jimmy Garvin a bit... Depending on where I was at the with the Horsemen I could see going there too.</p>

Count me on the list of people who are disappointed to see this come to an early end. That said, I totally understand that it shouldn't feel like a chore and needs to be something you're excited about doing. Sounds like your next project has got you excited so I can't wait to see it.

<p>I'll be sad to see this go not gonna lie....especially knowing that my beloved Powers of Pain were in the future lol....but you gotta do what you gotta do, if your hearts not in it anymore then you're not going to have fun with it.</p><p> </p><p>

Looking forward to seeing what you're next project is....i'm hoping it's a year or two later because 87 was slightly before my peak enjoyment and interest. 88-89 was where it picked up for me.....I'm not sure what databases are out right now but I know there's a 92 one out there....92 was a wonderful year, I was seriously tempted to knock mine on the head after the Photobucket shambles and start up a 92 game.</p><p> </p><p>

Anyway, good luck with it and I'll be reading</p>

Archived