Should I TEW or WMMA

I've watched some YouTube videos. My impression is that TEW has more people playing and is somewhat the flagship game. I want to just focus on one game or the other. Any advice on which one? TEW seems maybe a little more in-depth but I also like the fact that WMMA is more random in the match outcomes.

Thoughts, advice?

<p>I do prefer WMMA, but since WMMA5 is coming out this winter I would say to get TEW right now. </p><p> </p><p>

It's really hard to choose, though. I like TEW in terms of creativity-- throughout the day I think about my save quite a lot. There's a lot more moving parts, planning, and strategy. WMMA is just craziness. Every save is vastly different from the other. The game is more barebones, and relaxing to play. It does have its issues-- going through months with pointless e-mails every day is a real drag-- but matchmaking and seeing your plans come together or fall apart is just really fun.</p>

I get more out of WMMA and I don't like MMA at all, whereas wrestling is okay. So I'd recommend waiting for WMMA5 but TEW's a fair bit of fun too and certainly there's an awful lot more options in terms of Mods.

<p>Actually, after a little research, here's what to do:</p><p> </p><p>

Buy TEW 2016 with the GreyDog sale. Then go to Steam and buy WMMA3 for <strong>$10</strong> until July 5th. Some people think that WMMA3 is a better game than 4, and since you haven't played 4 you surely won't know if the grass is greener. I think that 4 is a better game than 3, but only marginally, as there are a few aspects of 3 that I think 4 is definitely lacking. Then you wait until WMMA5 and let it blow your mind.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="BrokenCycle" data-cite="BrokenCycle" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="43867" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Actually, after a little research, here's what to do:<p> </p><p> Buy TEW 2016 with the GreyDog sale. Then go to Steam and buy WMMA3 for <strong>$10</strong> until July 5th. Some people think that WMMA3 is a better game than 4, and since you haven't played 4 you surely won't know if the grass is greener. I think that 4 is a better game than 3, but only marginally, as there are a few aspects of 3 that I think 4 is definitely lacking. Then you wait until WMMA5 and let it blow your mind.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> The only reason I'd pick 3 over 4 is the UI. Something about 4 gets me flustered and blanking out especially after long play sessions.</p>

Both games are fun, but for very different reasons.

TEW is fun because you can choose how much you put into the game. You can give your creativity free reign for storylines, gimmicks etc, but you don't have to. You might as well play a game with a small company without storylines and angles and just book shows.

From a management standpoint, there's also much more to do than in WMMA, especially when playing bigger promotions.

WMMA, on the other hand, is not as deep as TEW, but much more straight-forward and easier to learn. Aside from signing fighters and booking shows, there's really not much to do.

Which is fun, too, if you just want to relax and play a game, but not think too much.

I play both games fairly regularly and have one long-term save going for each game. I prefer TEW over WMMA, but when I'm not inspired enough to play TEW or don't want to think too much, I just play WMMA.

So, if you can/want to afford it, buy both games. Although at this point, I'd probably wait for WMMA5 to be released. It's likely going to be an improvement to WMMA4 and will be out in 6 months or so.

Archived