Why and how to use post-show time?

<p>I'd like to know if you guys make use of post-show segments and if so, what kind of segments do you put in the post-show?</p><p> </p><p>

I tried to use it to increase the number of defences of my titles, but as the wrestlers don't put much effort in post-show matches, it tanked the title prestige, so it wasn't helpful at all.</p><p> </p><p>

They also have no effect like pre-show matches do for crowd management, so I'm not really sure what I can use post-show time for.</p>

<p>Skill building is a great use of your post-show. I've tried out a few different things for it. Here's what I tend to do:</p><p> </p><p>

1.) <span style="text-decoration:underline;">Round Table Panel</span>: A group of announcers, color commentators and backstage interviewers discuss the events of the show. They're joined by workers who discuss what went down in their feuds.</p><p> </p><p>

2.) <span style="text-decoration:underline;">"Weakest Link"-style Game Show</span>: Two hosts quiz a group of six workers for the first round, and with each subsequent round you eliminate a worker. So the fifth round has just two workers remaining and whoever wins earns money/prizes for a segment of the arena audience.</p><p> </p><p>

3.) <span style="text-decoration:underline;">Promos</span>: Workers who weren't featured in the show cut promos hyping themselves or insulting their future opponents. Highlights of these promos will presumably be shown in a small box during entrances/future matches.</p><p> </p><p>

4.) <span style="text-decoration:underline;">Managerial Testing</span>: Effectively a skit where a manager is looking for new prospective clients, and a group of workers come out to see if they'd make a good match.</p><p> </p><p>

The problem I have with some of these (especially the Round Table) is it's too effective at raising worker's entertainment skills. I have trouble believing the speed of progress. But it's very useful, especially when you have Brutes looking to raise their low charisma. I rather like the Game Show as a way of rewarding live audiences. Had ideal hosts for this when I was running Revolution Australian Wrestling: Quiz Master and Quizzical Mark Question.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Motor" data-cite="Motor" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="43961" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I'd like to know if you guys make use of post-show segments and if so, what kind of segments do you put in the post-show?<p> </p><p> I tried to use it to increase the number of defences of my titles, but as the wrestlers don't put much effort in post-show matches, it tanked the title prestige, so it wasn't helpful at all.</p><p> </p><p> They also have no effect like pre-show matches do for crowd management, so I'm not really sure what I can use post-show time for.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I typically use the time for multi-person matches with either lower card workers that I didn't have a spot for on the main show, or upper card workers who didn't actually wrestle because they cut promos or whatever, or for people to develop or just "keep in shape". </p><p> </p><p> You can also test chemistry in tag combinations you have an idea for, or matches that you otherwise wouldn't book, or just throw random people together based on their pictures or something silly like that.</p>

I use pre-show matches with the road-agent note "Work the crowd", so the crowd are ready for the main-show... I also use them for workers who otherwise wouldn't have made the show, to keep them happy. I have never ever used a post-show segment. Seems like waste of time.

If I run out of regular show time and want to add something toward the main event. Like say a worker wins a #1 contendership for the title and the champ comes out to say a few words or deliver the classic wrestling staredown to get the audiences pumped. So really only use it for an extra angle. I've felt that can be useful if you have a couple of guys over enough to get a good rating to tack onto a match that may not have worked out in your favor.

If I run out of regular show time and want to add something toward the main event. Like say a worker wins a #1 contendership for the title and the champ comes out to say a few words or deliver the classic wrestling staredown to get the audiences pumped. So really only use it for an extra angle. I've felt that can be useful if you have a couple of guys over enough to get a good rating to tack onto a match that may not have worked out in your favor.

That seems a waste of a good angle for a show to be fair? By that what I mean is the type of angle you mention can be a good heat builder for storylines etc and a good rating boost for your show.

I generally use Pre and post as the following:

Pre-show for "big" workers who are yet to debut but I just want to get them some company time, ie ive just signed rick rude, but he wont be debuting for a month, BUT he will be on the preshows. For me a preshow isn't a debut because its off TV

I also use it to help develop people/teams and to work the crowd to get them ready for the main show.

Post-show ive not really been using much but have started to and like someone else mentioned I kinda use it as a "talk show" segment with a couple of announcers based on mic, and then wrestlers based on various traits, such as entertainment, mic, menace, it depends how I see the "interview" going. and what would be the best suited trait

They also have no effect like pre-show matches do for crowd management, so I'm not really sure what I can use post-show time for.

In 2016, pre-show segments have no impact at all on crowd management, by the way. So, using work the crowd in the pre-show is useless.

I don't have much else to add to what others have mentioned already. Use the post-show for skill-building or to test chemistry.

Put an already great talker in an angle with a worker who still needs to and can improve in that department.

For in-ring skills, put them together in a tag team or match them up in a singles match.

<p>Once in a while I'll do a WCW style "we're out of time!" finish and run an angle on the post-show, then start the next show with a recap video of what they missed.</p><p> </p><p>

Other than that skill building and Talking Smack style angles.</p>

<p>Skill building, to whit, a custom 8 man segment: <Worker> holds promo class</p><p> </p><p>

A top worker and 7 trainees run a 10 minute promo with each rated on Entertainment, thus in my 1991 WCW game Ric Flair/Jesse Ventura/Rick Rude leads the likes of Dustin Rhodes, Cactus Jack and Steve Austin through a masterclass in working the crowd. Repeat twice/three times a week for a few months, and see their Entertainment C's and B's turn into B's and A's.</p><p> </p><p>

I'm surprised pre-show segments don't affect show/crowd heat, as I've always used that space to feature someone I want to keep on the bubble who might not otherwise make the show (someone like Michael Hayes in WCW, who's tag partner got canned and who's struggling but still valuable).</p>

Archived