How to Book WWE Without It Taking Forever

Hey guys,

I was wondering if anyone has a system down using multi-advance or what not that can help make booking WWE go faster. I don't have time to manually book every single of one their shows each week. The auto booker seems like it doesn't cover all the storylines very well. I still want storylines to progress though. I still want to book every PPV myself. Does anyone have any advice for me?

Thanks!

<p>I never book the minor shows. Let the assistant booker handle those. Started my current game in about 2004. Never booked Velocity or Heat. I’m in 2009 and I do book ECW but it’s a lot more interesting than the real world equivalent. </p><p> </p><p>

To speed up booking the main shows you have to have a system in place for booking those shows. That makes things a lot easier when you know the beginning, middle, and end of each show will pretty much follow the same pattern.</p>

<p>High Rated Storylines</p><p> </p><p>

All your high rated storylines can either skip a week or just do a short angle to hit them. Note, sometimes missing a week can drop a rating by a whole letter grade. </p><p> </p><p>

If it is a championship or a main event level feud, you shouldn't miss a week.</p>

<p>Hour and a half A shows. One one hour B-Show.</p><p> </p><p>

Also get rid of a lot of your roster so you're not obligated to use them. Look at the minimum roster and get very close to that number. You'll have a better focus on booking and not be bombarded with a lot of options.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="TheRyanLee" data-cite="TheRyanLee" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="45131" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Hey guys, <p> </p><p> I was wondering if anyone has a system down using multi-advance or what not that can help make booking WWE go faster. I don't have time to manually book every single of one their shows each week. The auto booker seems like it doesn't cover all the storylines very well. I still want storylines to progress though. I still want to book every PPV myself. Does anyone have any advice for me? </p><p> </p><p> Thanks!</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> First, devise a plan. I like to start by creating storylines. I currently have 13 of them!! 7 on RAW, 6 on Smackdown. </p><p> I generally have 3 prime stories that I build RAW around, and 2 that I build Smackdown! around. Having a plan expedites things.</p><p> </p><p> When I book, I book first, my main event (Spectacle or Epic) featuring my main event storyline players. </p><p> The match before it, I book a "calm the crowd" with my Midcard Title or Tag Title storyline. </p><p> Then, I book right behind it a "Steal the Show" match with the other title storyliine </p><p> (and this is usually my co-main of the evening, due to co-main caring about match ratings not match order). </p><p> </p><p> This lets me fix a "Story telling" right behind it. I put a promo after every segment for the next match. If the promos are rating higher than matches, I might have a main event promo and follow the main event storyline matches with promos. That way when the match loses story heat, the promo brings it back up, keeping it hot. That's all the end-show.</p><p> </p><p> For the beginning of the show, I like to start with a hot angle then a "steal the show", followed by "calm the crowd", then Story Telling (of course with angles in between).</p><p> </p><p> This gives a few "roller coaster humps". You can even turn the extra story telling matches into things like comedy, eye candy, etc. if your product calls for it.</p>

Wow, thanks for the helpful suggestions. I really appreciate it. I've been booking 3 hr RAW, 2 hr SmackDown Live, and 1 hr Main Event with a massive overloaded roster and it's just been a slog lol. I'm going to make some serious changes based on the advice you guys provided.

One more thing.. what happens to show/event booking and storylines if you multi-advance through it... like if I multi-advanced through RAW and SmackDown.. that would mess up the storylines wouldn't it?

Wow, thanks for the helpful suggestions. I really appreciate it. I've been booking 3 hr RAW, 2 hr SmackDown Live, and 1 hr Main Event with a massive overloaded roster and it's just been a slog lol. I'm going to make some serious changes based on the advice you guys provided.

One more thing.. what happens to show/event booking and storylines if you multi-advance through it... like if I multi-advanced through RAW and SmackDown.. that would mess up the storylines wouldn't it?

Multi Advance skips the "nothingburger" days and drops you off at the next day you have something. So, you aren't going to miss RAW or Smackdown! by multi-advancing. Now, if you intentionally advance "through" a show without doing it, I think that would mean you skipped having that particular show and I would never do that in fear of losing storyline heat and money opportunities.

<p>I'm also concerned of why he's playing the game if he wants to not book shows. </p><p> </p><p>

I understand trying to cut down on time, but the "What would happen to a feature only affected by booking shows if I don't book a show?" thing is just odd.</p><p> </p><p>

If you really find booking WWE such a slog that you want to skip playing a lot of the game, I would suggest either playing as a smaller promotion, or checking out the C-Verse.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="BrokenCycle" data-cite="BrokenCycle" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="45131" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I'm also concerned of why he's playing the game if he wants to not book shows. <p> </p><p> I understand trying to cut down on time, but the "What would happen to a feature only affected by booking shows if I don't book a show?" thing is just odd.</p><p> </p><p> If you really find booking WWE such a slog that you want to skip playing a lot of the game, I would suggest either playing as a smaller promotion, or checking out the C-Verse.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I never said I didn't want to book shows. I want to run WWE, but I was looking for a way to make it go faster. I don't wish to skip a lot of the game, I'm just curious what others have done to move things along better. If I wanted to play C-Verse or run a smaller promotion, then I wouldn't be asking about this now would I? I work, go to school full-time, and I'm married with a kid, so excuse me if I don't have 8 hours a day to book every single 3 hr RAW, 2 hr SmackDown Live, 1 hr 205 Live, 1 hr Main Event...</p>

<p>It was just mentioned, but the biggest thing you can do to make the booking easier is to write it down outside of the game, using something like OneNote or a real life notebook. </p><p> </p><p>

The second way to quicken booking is to go into the angle editor and only have the default angles that you actually use. I'd also recommend using basic angles unless the angle you are going for requires something more complex. For example, two workers arguing for 10 minutes could easily be the same in-game angle as a tag team hyping themselves up. Just edit the title of the angle for reference as well as the output (assuming you keep the detailed results in a note keeping program). </p><p> </p><p>

Finally, I'd come up with default match lengths. For example, a squash match is 5 minutes, a main event is 25, and competitive match is around 15. Angles can also get this treatment with being like 6 minutes or 10 minutes depending on the angle. After that's done, try and figure out a normal RAW and/or Smackdown.</p><p> </p><p>

This is my example for Smackdown. Smackdown, and most two hour wrestling programs, are usually booked with three big matches, the opener, one in the middle, and the main event. Smackdown (and RAW) also usually kicks off the show with a long promo segment, and there is usually another big angle somewhere in the show. Using the default match lengths, I created for this exercise, the outline of the show now looks like this. </p><p> </p><p>

Long Angle [10]</p><p>

Big Match [15]</p><p>

Long Angle [10]</p><p>

Big Match [15]</p><p>

Main Event [25]</p><p> </p><p>

That's 75 minutes of the show and all five segments are going to be needed week in and week out. The rest of the card will be a bit more flexible, but keep in mind TEW's programming and tend to keep the squash matches at the start of the show. </p><p> </p><p>

Long Angle [10]</p><p>

Big Match [15]</p><p>

Angle [6]</p><p>

Squash Match [5]</p><p>

Angle [6]</p><p>

Match [10]</p><p>

Long Angle [10]</p><p>

Big Match [15]</p><p>

Angle [6]</p><p>

Match [10]</p><p>

Angle [6]</p><p>

Main Event [25]</p><p> </p><p>

That's 124 minutes of TV in 12 segments (which is easily cut down). Obviously not all of the shows are going to look exactly like this, but it's a framework that you can play with. Just to take my train of thought to the next level, here's a booked version of the framework above (adjusting the default times to make it 120 minutes):</p><p> </p><p>

</p><ul><li>Shane and Bryan are out to hype tonight's show, Owens and Zayn interrupt to complain about tonight's main event between AJ Styles and Randy Orton, demanding to be put into the match. Bryan and Shane instead put them in a tag match with The New Day latter in the night. [10]<br /></li><li>Becky and Naomi (w/ Charlotte) and The Riott Squad (w/ Ruby Riott) goes to a double countout/DQ as all six women brawl. [12]<br /></li><li>A.J. is being interviewed about tonight's main event and is interrupted by Randy Orton. The two exchange words, which become a bit more heated at the end. [6]<br /></li><li>Baron Corbin squashes Zack Ryder [5]<br /></li><li>Bryan, on the phone, mentions to someone about the chaos of the opener, before Owens and Zayn interrupt. They try to get Bryan to see that Shane is keeping Bryan down, but Daniel isn't having it. [6]<br /></li><li>Jey Uso beats Chad Gable [8]<br /></li><li>Charlotte Flair hypes up her match at Wrestlemania, putting over Asuka. Asuka comes out and while the two show each other respect, it's clear that there is some tension. Breaking the tension is The Riott Squad who assault both women before disappearing through the crowd as Becky and Naomi make the save. [7]<br /></li><li>Zayn/Owens defeat The New Day after the Bludgeon Brothers interfere. [20]<br /></li><li>Bludgeon Brothers start to destroy The New Day, but the Usos run them of. [6]<br /></li><li>Shinsuke Nakamura, Bobby Roode, & Dolph Ziggler defeat Rusev, Aiden English, and Jinder Mahal [9]<br /></li><li>Shane has Owens and Zayn removed from the building. [6]<br /></li><li>A.J. Styles defeats Randy Orton [25]<br /></li></ul><p></p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="foolinc" data-cite="foolinc" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="45131" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>It was just mentioned, but the biggest thing you can do to make the booking easier is to write it down outside of the game, using something like OneNote or a real life notebook. <p> </p><p> The second way to quicken booking is to go into the angle editor and only have the default angles that you actually use. I'd also recommend using basic angles unless the angle you are going for requires something more complex. For example, two workers arguing for 10 minutes could easily be the same in-game angle as a tag team hyping themselves up. Just edit the title of the angle for reference as well as the output (assuming you keep the detailed results in a note keeping program). </p><p> </p><p> Finally, I'd come up with default match lengths. For example, a squash match is 5 minutes, a main event is 25, and competitive match is around 15. Angles can also get this treatment with being like 6 minutes or 10 minutes depending on the angle. After that's done, try and figure out a normal RAW and/or Smackdown.</p><p> </p><p> This is my example for Smackdown. Smackdown, and most two hour wrestling programs, are usually booked with three big matches, the opener, one in the middle, and the main event. Smackdown (and RAW) also usually kicks off the show with a long promo segment, and there is usually another big angle somewhere in the show. Using the default match lengths, I created for this exercise, the outline of the show now looks like this. </p><p> </p><p> Long Angle [10]</p><p> Big Match [15]</p><p> Long Angle [10]</p><p> Big Match [15]</p><p> Main Event [25]</p><p> </p><p> That's 75 minutes of the show and all five segments are going to be needed week in and week out. The rest of the card will be a bit more flexible, but keep in mind TEW's programming and tend to keep the squash matches at the start of the show. </p><p> </p><p> Long Angle [10]</p><p> Big Match [15]</p><p> Angle [6]</p><p> Squash Match [5]</p><p> Angle [6]</p><p> Match [10]</p><p> Long Angle [10]</p><p> Big Match [15]</p><p> Angle [6]</p><p> Match [10]</p><p> Angle [6]</p><p> Main Event [25]</p><p> </p><p> That's 124 minutes of TV in 12 segments (which is easily cut down). Obviously not all of the shows are going to look exactly like this, but it's a framework that you can play with. Just to take my train of thought to the next level, here's a booked version of the framework above (adjusting the default times to make it 120 minutes):</p><p> </p><p> </p><ul><li>Shane and Bryan are out to hype tonight's show, Owens and Zayn interrupt to complain about tonight's main event between AJ Styles and Randy Orton, demanding to be put into the match. Bryan and Shane instead put them in a tag match with The New Day latter in the night. [10]<br /></li><li>Becky and Naomi (w/ Charlotte) and The Riott Squad (w/ Ruby Riott) goes to a double countout/DQ as all six women brawl. [12]<br /></li><li>A.J. is being interviewed about tonight's main event and is interrupted by Randy Orton. The two exchange words, which become a bit more heated at the end. [6]<br /></li><li>Baron Corbin squashes Zack Ryder [5]<br /></li><li>Bryan, on the phone, mentions to someone about the chaos of the opener, before Owens and Zayn interrupt. They try to get Bryan to see that Shane is keeping Bryan down, but Daniel isn't having it. [6]<br /></li><li>Jey Uso beats Chad Gable [8]<br /></li><li>Charlotte Flair hypes up her match at Wrestlemania, putting over Asuka. Asuka comes out and while the two show each other respect, it's clear that there is some tension. Breaking the tension is The Riott Squad who assault both women before disappearing through the crowd as Becky and Naomi make the save. [7]<br /></li><li>Zayn/Owens defeat The New Day after the Bludgeon Brothers interfere. [20]<br /></li><li>Bludgeon Brothers start to destroy The New Day, but the Usos run them of. [6]<br /></li><li>Shinsuke Nakamura, Bobby Roode, & Dolph Ziggler defeat Rusev, Aiden English, and Jinder Mahal [9]<br /></li><li>Shane has Owens and Zayn removed from the building. [6]<br /></li><li>A.J. Styles defeats Randy Orton [25]<br /></li></ul><p></p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Wow, this is amazing. Thank you so much! I really appreciate you taking the time to help me out.</p>

<p>Mine's a Two Player game so while we do use full Raw and Smackdown rosters, I only have to deal with the Raw side. </p><p> </p><p>

Generally while my mate has the file and is booking his shows, I'll type up a skeleton beat sheet of what I want to happen on my show. It helps to keep the storylines in my head week to week, and when I get the file I can just book segments based on my beats.</p>

One thing that I do is book a week ahead of time. So, while I'm booking one show, I try and come up with something to do the next week for the storyline and put it in the notepad. That way, when its time to book the show, you have at least 5 or 6 segments ready to be booked. Then, just fill in with other segments that fit your storylines and filler matches to get guys over that you want to build momentum for down the road storylines.

Archived