A Successful WrestleMania

Okay, I'm having a lot of fun booking WWE. I seem to have a good rhythm going, but still no 'A' or above 85 shows. WrestleMania is my next PPV event. In the past, I've had trouble booking Mania because I try to put too many awesome matches on one card. Could you guys give any examples of how you successfully booked WrestleMania?

I'm interested to see what a successful Mania card looks like on this game. Thanks so much in advance. You guys are great!

Depends on how you're ordering the card and the product and certain settings. So much to ask.

Do you use crowd management?

Do you invest money into the event? Like a band or anything?

Whats the match to angle %?

Who's main eventing? What's the dirt sheet saying per match?

Depends on how you're ordering the card and the product and certain settings. So much to ask.

Do you use crowd management? yes

Do you invest money into the event? yes, the max

Like a band or anything? yeah the best one available

Whats the match to angle %? 80% to 20%

Who's main eventing? AJ vs Shinsuke, and Braun vs Brock

What's the dirt sheet saying per match? i usually try to adjust based on what it says, but it hasn't said anything yet because i haven't booked WM yet.

I'll give an update when I do book WrestleMania.

Crowd management is key.

You should start with a hot match (preferably your 2nd best match), which has a resonating effect for the rest of the show. Then do a 2:1 ratio moving forward of hot matches to "piss breaks." This is when you utilize your Andre the Giant Battle Royal's, you're women's matches (when women's matches didn't mean anything), your mid card multi-man tags just to get people in. They don't need to be long but they need to be specifically designed to calm the crowd before the next hot match. It goes without saying that your main event should be your very best match.

Here's my Manias.

31 may not be the best example, cause I did a cash in.

https://i.imgur.com/Du1aTl6.png

https://i.imgur.com/KdzuVwQ.png

https://i.imgur.com/TKNuSMh.png

https://i.imgur.com/gqggWyW.png

For 31, I didn't think enough to just set some of my bigger "Steal the Show" and "Spectacle" matches as just "Regular" and still get an A rating out of it.

Thanks for the help, guys. I ended up scoring a 91 for my WrestleMania... I had to move Conor McGregor vs. Woken Matt Hardy to the main event slot because AJ Styles and Shinsuke Nakamura have poor chemistry (go figure). It ended up being a fantastic show.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Martel123" data-cite="Martel123" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="45187" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Connor McGregor vs Woken Matt Hardy as the main event of wrestle mania .....let that sink in for a sec</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I know right.. It was crazy but it worked pretty well and Matt put Conor over. They ended up scoring an 86 match rating.</p>

<p>Only held one Mania so far, joint booking. We held it in Memphis and the card looked like this; </p><p> </p><p>

World Heavyweight Championship Match</p><p>

John Cena © v Daniel Bryan</p><p> </p><p>

WWE Championship Match</p><p>

Bray Wyatt © v Antonio Cesaro</p><p> </p><p>

Career vs Career Match</p><p>

The Undertaker vs Sting</p><p> </p><p>

ECW Title "House of Fun" Match</p><p>

Edge © vs Goldust</p><p> </p><p>

Inferno Match</p><p>

Christian vs Kane</p><p> </p><p>

Intercontinental Championship Ladder Match</p><p>

Bad News Barrett © v Sami Zayn v Big E Langston v Damien Sandow v Bully Ray Dudley v Finn Balor</p><p> </p><p>

NWA Championship Rumble Match</p><p>

Randy Orton © v John Morrison v Austin Aries v Cody Rhodes v Hideo Itami v Sheamus v Ricochet v Tommy End v Dalton Castle v Jeff Hardy</p><p> </p><p>

Universal Tag Team Championship Match</p><p>

reDragon © vs GoD</p><p> </p><p>

Shelton Benjamin vs Chris Jericho</p><p> </p><p>

European Championship 5Way Elimination Match</p><p>

Rusev © v Jay Lethal v Stixx v Samoa Joe v Jey Fatu</p><p> </p><p>

Cruiserweight Championship Match</p><p>

Kota Ibushi © v Adrian Neville</p><p> </p><p>

World Tag Team Championship 3-Bird Rules Match</p><p>

Bullet Club © v The Shield</p><p> </p><p>

Universal Women's Title Match</p><p>

Amazing Kong © vs Asuka</p><p> </p><p>

Got a show rating of 84.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="TheRyanLee" data-cite="TheRyanLee" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="45187" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I know right.. It was crazy but it worked pretty well and Matt put Conor over. They ended up scoring an 86 match rating.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> If they scored 86 and your show was 91, what carried the show and why didnt you put that at the main event instead of Connor & Matt O_o</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Jon The GOAT" data-cite="Jon The GOAT" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="45187" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>If they scored 86 and your show was 91, what carried the show and why didnt you put that at the main event instead of Connor & Matt O_o</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> It was actually the highest rated match of the night. In all honesty, I'm not sure how I pulled off a 91. I did have two angle segments that were rated 99 and 96, respectively. The 99 angle was with Ronda Rousey, HHH, and Steph. The 96 angle was a post-show segment between The Rock and LeBron James. Is it possible that those two angles helped put me at a 91 overall? The second highest match rating of the night was an 80 between Braun Strowman and Brock Lesnar for the Universal Championship.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="TheRyanLee" data-cite="TheRyanLee" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="45187" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>It was actually the highest rated match of the night. In all honesty, I'm not sure how I pulled off a 91. I did have two angle segments that were rated 99 and 96, respectively. The 99 angle was with Ronda Rousey, HHH, and Steph. The 96 angle was a post-show segment between<strong> The Rock and LeBron James. </strong>Is it possible that those two angles helped put me at a 91 overall? The second highest match rating of the night was an 80 between Braun Strowman and Brock Lesnar for the Universal Championship.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> LeBron AND Connor main eventing?</p><p> </p><p> </p><p> </p><p> Take all of my money, mate.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="lavelleuk" data-cite="lavelleuk" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="45187" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>did you also pay extra for things like celebrities, special set etc?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Yes, I sure did. I selected the max for each category I think.</p>

I believe the key is having High Heat Storylines, also having celebrities, band and stage set helps a lot. I just have a 100 rating Wrestlemania 26 with this card:

ME:CM Punk def The Rock to retain the World Heavyweight Title(95)

Angle(87)

Legacy def DX tp win World Tag Team Titles(99)

Angle(93)

Brock Lesnar def John Cena to win the WWE Title (87) Cena wrestled injured*

Angle(91)

Women's Six Pack challenge, with Trish Stratus winning the Women's Title(87)

Angle(96)

Undertaker def Chris Jericho (99)

Angle(100) That was a Unsanctionned Brawl between Steve Austin and Randy Orton

Edge and Christian def Batista and Rey Mysterio to retain the WWE Tag Team Titles (98)

Angle (89)

Dolph Ziggler def John Morrison to win the IC Title (92)

Angle(92)

Kofi Kingston wins the 6-man MITB Ladder Match(84)

Angle(85)

Opener:The Miz def The Big Show to retain the US Title(91)

And on the pre-show I had Booker T win the Battle Royal

I believe the key is having High Heat Storylines, also having celebrities, band and stage set helps a lot. I just have a 100 rating Wrestlemania 26 with this card:

ME:CM Punk def The Rock to retain the World Heavyweight Title(95)

Angle(87)

Legacy def DX tp win World Tag Team Titles(99)

Angle(93)

Brock Lesnar def John Cena to win the WWE Title (87) Cena wrestled injured*

Angle(91)

Women's Six Pack challenge, with Trish Stratus winning the Women's Title(87)

Angle(96)

Undertaker def Chris Jericho (99)

Angle(100) That was a Unsanctionned Brawl between Steve Austin and Randy Orton

Edge and Christian def Batista and Rey Mysterio to retain the WWE Tag Team Titles (98)

Angle (89)

Dolph Ziggler def John Morrison to win the IC Title (92)

Angle(92)

Kofi Kingston wins the 6-man MITB Ladder Match(84)

Angle(85)

Opener:The Miz def The Big Show to retain the US Title(91)

And on the pre-show I had Booker T win the Battle Royal

CM Punk in the main event of Wrestlemania? What is this nonsense?

With all seriousness though, my idea for a Wrestlemania is what it already is, a supershow aimed at mainstream audience, and so it should be booked as such.

I’m playing a 1996 WWF save and Wrestlemania 12 was a great show, ending with an A* rating (don’t like exact numbers), because I don’t do anything to hurt the show. Going safe isn’t a bad thing, and mania is a place to have a strong card with mostly safe finishes and the occasional surprise/controversy. I tend to have way more clean finishes than most of the time (meaning no double count out in the main event only to set up next year’s main event, grumble grumble), have angles and interviews with the people who should get them, and most importantly, turn off booking times so I don’t have to worry about it

WrestleManias 9 & 11 both say hi.

Oh, one last thing... do book an indy tag team super kicking kids on their birthdays, and definitely book the Deity of Puro to come to the ring with a broom as he prepares to wrestle an inanimate object.

Have a great day and have fun, everybody!

Another tip: Don't do what WWE did last night, that was a horrible show.

Also that Wrestlemania 35 looks like a mark's wet dream, would love to hear about the save

Hey now. The first hour-hour and a half on the main show were phenomenal. There were some good gems sprinkled in after that, but it turned into total awfulness, especially that last hour.

Hey now. The first hour-hour and a half on the main show were phenomenal. There were some good gems sprinkled in after that, but it turned into total awfulness, especially that last hour.

1:30/6 Hours, what an accomplishment.

An hour and a half which, btw, consisted of Asuka losing her streak two months into her main event run and as the Royal Rumble winner.

And the first hour and a half should NEVER be too good, cause it kills the crowd.

WWE just play with crowd management turned off

1:30/6 Hours, what an accomplishment.

An hour and a half which, btw, consisted of Asuka losing her streak two months into her main event run and as the Royal Rumble winner.

And the first hour and a half should NEVER be too good, cause it kills the crowd.

WWE just play with crowd management turned off

I'm definitely not justifying booking that crap. I was more or less being facetious.

Archived