Workers with long term injuries - give time off?

I currently have a large roster (51 workers) and two of my workers, Ron Simmons and Typhoon have 8 months of tendonitis to go.

Due to me having a large roster I don't want to risk having match penalties for booking wrestlers working with injuries, (I will give the time to other workers) so I was wondering...should I just give them a lengthy spell of time off - until they are fully recovered?

It's difficult to judge just how much this tendonitis issue effects match rating. I also don't see the point in them being around for the next 6-8 months when they won't be used.

Alternatively, should I send them to development company in some kind of development role?

What does everyone else do when they have a similar issues?

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Makkaveli101" data-cite="Makkaveli101" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="45549" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I currently have a large roster (51 workers) and two of my workers, Ron Simmons and Typhoon have 8 months of tendonitis to go. <p> </p><p> Due to me having a large roster I don't want to risk having match penalties for booking wrestlers working with injuries, (I will give the time to other workers) so I was wondering...should I just give them a lengthy spell of time off - until they are fully recovered?</p><p> </p><p> It's difficult to judge just how much this tendonitis issue effects match rating. I also don't see the point in them being around for the next 6-8 months when they won't be used.</p><p> </p><p> Alternatively, should I send them to development company in some kind of development role?</p><p> </p><p> What does everyone else do when they have a similar issues?</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Case by case basis for me...if they're part of a team and have great chemistry and experience I just ignore it...</p><p> </p><p> If they're in the mid card where the raiting of the match doesn't matter as much I ignore it...</p><p> </p><p> And if they're really great workers who are going up against other really great workers I'll likely ignore it as well.</p>

<p>I'm with Icecold on this one. It's really a case-by-case basis. For example, I have Gail Kim working through a Chondromalacia patella (runner's knee) that had a 9 month duration on it. I gave her six months off because my roster is so deep, I didn't really NEED her, though she's one of my best workers (and a main eventer). When she came back, I gave her a preshow match once a month and let her do commentary on main eventer vs midcarder matches the other 3 weeks as well as being an onscreen mentor for an up and comer (Seleziya Sparx, in this case).</p><p> </p><p>

I don't generally like using injured workers since I vaguely recall in a past TEW, there was a danger of the injury getting worse (or leading to another injury). Or maybe I'm imagining that.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Matt Shannon" data-cite="Matt Shannon" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="45549" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>From what I've been researching, from what Fleisch has talked about with his own personal experiences with his injuries, those injuries most likely shouldn't even be allowing a worker to work through them. Just some food for thought.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> </p><p> He's one of the boys?</p>

<p>If i have a guy injured for just a month or two, I give him some time off, but not the entire time off.</p><p> </p><p>

If he's high charisma high mic skills, I'll try to use him in angles just to keep him on screen</p><p> </p><p>

If it's an injury he CAN work with, I might try to hide him occasionally in a 6 man match.</p><p> </p><p>

Like the other guys said, it def depends on their skill sets and their value to current storylines</p>

<p>Sometimes? Yes. It's just not worth it to risk them further aggravating it. If they're in a storyline, I make sure the heat's good enough that it can take being not featured, otherwise, I slot someone else in (like when they through Jason Jordan into the Shield mix when Ambrose got hurt).</p><p> </p><p>

If I'm not televising the shows (like Regional and under) I might stick them in the announce booth and see how they do.</p>

<p>Depends on the worker and when it comes up. Usually I have that superstar complete their story line run and give them a long six month vacation. </p><p> </p><p>

Sometimes, I go against this advice. Bret Hart had some knee injury and I kept him around no matter what.</p>

Archived