I Need A New Horsemen. Help Me!!

I Need A New Horsemen. Help Me!!  

67 members have voted

1. 1. I Need A New Horsemen. Help Me!!

I am playing a RW mod as the NWA. The year is 1985 and the Four Horsemen (Flair, Tully, Ole and Arn) have been formed for a few months. Ole is angry over my "handling of a situation" and a "signing" that I just made. He just gave me his notice. I wasn't planning on losing him this quickly. Who should I replace him with? Who do you think should join the Horsemen? By The Way, It is too early for Luger. Here are some guys that I have on my roster:

Barry Windham

Rick Rude

Ted Dibiase

Jake Roberts

Greg Valentine

Paul Orndorff

Roddy Piper

Curt Hennig

Scott Hall

<p>I went with Barry Windham because he was an actual Horseman. Although, he might be too early on in his career for that spot. Same goes for Scott Hall, I just do not think he would be Horseman material at this point.</p><p> </p><p>

To me Ted DiBiase, Jake Roberts, Paul Orndorff, and Roddy Piper are major stars in their own right. I just cannot see them playing second fiddle to Ric. Unless you plan on having the Horsemen turn on them much like the storyline they did with Sting when it became apparent that Sting was the logical number one contender to Ric's title.</p><p> </p><p>

I am on the fence with Greg Valentine, Rick Rude, and Curt Hennig. Greg obviously has the history with Ric (They were a tag team at one point) for it to make sense. His father was also in the plane crash with Ric. However, even by this point Greg was out of shape and I am not sure if he would fit in with the Horseman's "look" at that time. Rick and Curt are in a similar situation as Scott and Barry. Both guys are very new to the sport at the time but I could see them being the Horsemen's young buck so to speak.</p>

<p>I always felt like Larry Zbyszko fit the Four Horsemen the best. He's always the guy I put in the group when I book in the 80s.</p><p> </p><p>

He's really good and you should be able to get him for cheap from the AWA. He just fits the mold to me. I don't know why.</p><p> </p><p> </p><p>

He was also in The Enforcers with Arn Anderson so that's an easy way to bring him in though The Enforcers didn't debut until long after '85.</p>

<p>I like the idea of Windham in the role...a young guy who the Horsemen feel they can "mold".</p><p> </p><p>

My second choice was Valentine. He has history w/Flair AND is the strong, silent type...so there is no ego clash. He's a very good fit if you don't want to go w/young Barry Windham.</p><p> </p><p>

Technically, DiBiase would be a GREAT fit...but I think he and Flair would be too strong of personalities that there would be a clash of egos. That being said...it might be great for story telling!</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Defmall" data-cite="Defmall" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="45559" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Technically, DiBiase would be a GREAT fit...but I think he and Flair would be too strong of personalities that there would be a clash of egos. That being said...it might be great for story telling!</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> </p><p> This is why every time I start a WCW game 91-94 my Horsmen always end up as Flair, AA, Steve Austin, Random Guy</p>

<p>I voted DiBiase because that would have been epic.</p><p> </p><p>

I mean, Jim Herd would have wanted to shave him and name him "Good Theodore" or something, but hey... DiBiase, Flair, Luger, Sting... that's money right there.</p>

• 2 weeks later...

Archived