Development Titles

Hello, I am pretty new to this game TEW 2016 aned need help.

I have a worker who does not want to be in development any more, but they insist on giving him titles, they had a worker not with me on a ppa that signed a written deal with somebody else, and they took the title of them straight away, they are helping them, but not me, how do i get them to change their champ, I seem to have no say over what they do, despite owning it. HELP!!

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Historian" data-cite="Historian" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46035" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>You don’t have a say in it. Despite owning it, they operate as their own independent entity. You can change them to child company and they can’t hire their own talent, but then it is up to you to make sure they stay stocked with talent.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> They are stocked, but how do I get my man back, they need to take the titles off him, like they do with the dudes who leave for the AI, I have him under a contract, but they keep booking him to keep his title.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Matt_Black" data-cite="Matt_Black" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46035" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>You can call up anyone at anytime, regardless of whether or not they hold a title. The championship will be vacated and put on somebody else.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I want a legitimate changing hands of the title though, they seem to do it when they lose a worker to the computer, why not when they are going to lose a worker to me, that can't be right surely, the computer is essentially cheating haha. I don't want to vacate the title, I want to tell them to swap titles, because I am in charge, no? Why would the computer booker keep the title on an unhappy worker, it's clueless haha.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="RealWrestlinngFan" data-cite="RealWrestlinngFan" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46035" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I want a legitimate changing hands of the title though, they seem to do it when they lose a worker to the computer, why not when they are going to lose a worker to me, that can't be right surely, the computer is essentially cheating haha. I don't want to vacate the title, I want to tell them to swap titles, because I am in charge, no? Why would the computer booker keep the title on an unhappy worker, it's clueless haha.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Then replace the booker with one who's listed as liking frequent title changes.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Gungner" data-cite="Gungner" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46035" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>You can't force a title change. Simple as that.<p> </p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Well maybe I should be able to, give them like a warning of 28 days or something, to give them time. Thanks for the help everyone.</p><p> </p><p> Development is a let down to me, it just doesn't do what I want, has anybody ever done a development brand and booked it themselves, as I am considering that.</p>

<p>Workaround for this:</p><p> </p><p>

During one of your main roster shows use the Borrow From Development feature. Borrow the worker with the title and a worker that you want him to drop it to.</p><p> </p><p>

Make them have a match (can even be on the pre-show).</p><p> </p><p>

After you run your show go in to your child company's titles slide and manual assign the new worker that belt.</p><p> </p><p>

The match won't show up in the title defense history but you would have kayfabe made a title change yourself.</p><p> </p><p>

To take it a step further you can even create a new match type called "[The Name of your Dev Territory's Title] title match." Make that new match have name value and it will forever show up in the match history as for example: "Neville defeated Big E in an NXT World Title match"</p>

<p>My workaround for this is very simple. The night before your dev company has a show, make several copies of your save. I usually do about 10. Now advance to the next day in each of those saves until you get one where the guy you want to lose the title loses it. </p><p> </p><p>

This method is pretty easy because you’ll eventually get the result you desire. I use it for a number of reasons, such as higher ratings for my shows or keeping a title on someone in dev, getting someone on the show in dev, making sure someone doesn’t die, etc. </p><p> </p><p>

Multiple saves baby!</p>

some shrewd thinkers in here, great stuff, yes the kayfabe match will certainly work, in fact I may do it for all the titles, as they never seem to push who I want, first time i've tried with it, i usually start from small, it's not doing it for me development, hopefully a massive overhaul in the future, thanks everyone.

Workaround for this:

During one of your main roster shows use the Borrow From Development feature. Borrow the worker with the title and a worker that you want him to drop it to.

Make them have a match (can even be on the pre-show).

After you run your show go in to your child company's titles slide and manual assign the new worker that belt.

The match won't show up in the title defense history but you would have kayfabe made a title change yourself.

To take it a step further you can even create a new match type called "[The Name of your Dev Territory's Title] title match." Make that new match have name value and it will forever show up in the match history as for example: "Neville defeated Big E in an NXT World Title match"

I really like this a lot. Particularly the custom match. Will likely implement this. :)

My workaround for this is very simple. The night before your dev company has a show, make several copies of your save. I usually do about 10. Now advance to the next day in each of those saves until you get one where the guy you want to lose the title loses it.

This method is pretty easy because you’ll eventually get the result you desire. I use it for a number of reasons, such as higher ratings for my shows or keeping a title on someone in dev, getting someone on the show in dev, making sure someone doesn’t die, etc.

Multiple saves baby!

Not that I am ever really ever in a situation to need this (I'm rarely at a point where I need to have a developmental) I love this work around.

The other option if you want to micromanage everything in your developmental system is create it as a separate brand and then you can book the entire show. So in wwe for example you’d have Raw and Snackdown. Then create a third brand meaning you can toally run it and book it how you want. I’ve often created a third development brand in my wwe games so that you basically can push guys as you want. I’ve then used my ppv pre shows as their slot and gives you a bit more control. Although it does become a lot more effort of course.

Guest DutchMagpie
<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Development is a let down to me" data-cite="Development is a let down to me" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46035" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div><p> </p><p> It depends on what you expect from it. For me it is a perfect way to develop prospects and make them gain popularity and skills. I don't care about the titles in NXT. When someone is ready, I call them up.</p></div></blockquote>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="RealWrestlinngFan" data-cite="RealWrestlinngFan" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46035" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Well maybe I should be able to, give them like a warning of 28 days or something, to give them time. Thanks for the help everyone.<p> </p><p> Development is a let down to me, it just doesn't do what I want, has anybody ever done a development brand and booked it themselves, as I am considering that.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> You can't become owner or booker of a developmental company.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Dave E Mac" data-cite="Dave E Mac" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46035" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>The other option if you want to micromanage everything in your developmental system is create it as a separate brand and then you can book the entire show. So in wwe for example you’d have Raw and Snackdown. Then create a third brand meaning you can toally run it and book it how you want. I’ve often created a third development brand in my wwe games so that you basically can push guys as you want. I’ve then used my ppv pre shows as their slot and gives you a bit more control. Although it does become a lot more effort of course.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I like this idea too. I've thought about doing it but then I just felt it was too much work. Although you could do this idea and just book the shows using Auto-Booker. Gives you more control than a dev territory would but still let's it be booked by someone else.</p><p> </p><p> P.S. I know it was a typo but Snackdown sounds awesome. It's like if The Rock was fat he would be "laying the snacks down and eating all your candy ***es"</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="d12345" data-cite="d12345" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46035" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I like this idea too. I've thought about doing it but then I just felt it was too much work. Although you could do this idea and just book the shows using Auto-Booker. Gives you more control than a dev territory would but still let's it be booked by someone else.<p> </p><p> P.S. I know it was a typo but Snackdown sounds awesome. It's like if The Rock was fat he would be "laying the snacks down and eating all your candy ***es"</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Blooming predictive text on the phone! But does sound better!!</p><p> </p><p> I did run a third brand as developmental and did use the auto booker for a lot of it. But I had them on a one hour show. So really by the time I booked a couple of matches it filled up quite quick. My logic being for that B show was the focus was more match based than storyline. So could just book the matches without worrying too much. It was strictly mid card and below. What worked well is if I wanted to give someone a push I could put them in this third brand and let them pick up a few wins and give them good momentum before moving them to Raw or Snackdown (deliberate typo there!). What I had was basically Goldust was the top star of the third brand as he seemed to be pretty good at getting guys stats to improve quickly. I also had the European title as the brands main belt so also felt good giving him a final run with a bit of gold.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="DevilofNG" data-cite="DevilofNG" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46035" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>My workaround for this is very simple. The night before your dev company has a show, make several copies of your save. I usually do about 10. Now advance to the next day in each of those saves until you get one where the guy you want to lose the title loses it. <p> </p><p> This method is pretty easy because you’ll eventually get the result you desire. I use it for a number of reasons, such as higher ratings for my shows or keeping a title on someone in dev, getting someone on the show in dev, making sure someone doesn’t die, etc. </p><p> </p><p> Multiple saves baby!</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Why don't you just turn off auto-save and save on the day of the dev's show, then keep loading the save until the title changes hands?</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="BasicThuganomics" data-cite="BasicThuganomics" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46035" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Why don't you just turn off auto-save and save on the day of the dev's show, then keep loading the save until the title changes hands?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I didn't even consider that as an option. You are my favorite person right now, I've been doing the save cloning every developmental show for years in-game now and you saved me a lot of time!</p><p> </p><p> I think this does highlight how much more control the user should have over their Developmental territory, and judging by a lot of the feedback for this TEW I can see it being one of the main features of the next game.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="John Lions" data-cite="John Lions" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46035" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I didn't even consider that as an option. You are my favorite person right now, I've been doing the save cloning every developmental show for years in-game now and you saved me a lot of time!<p> </p><p> I think this does highlight how much more control the user should have over their Developmental territory, and judging by a lot of the feedback for this TEW I can see it being one of the main features of the next game.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Personally I’m not hugely worried about having loads of control over the developmental. But I think you should have options such as an immediate call up, 7 or 28 days notice. Then if they are given a notice period they can drop any titles in that given time. I think developmental feds have changed quite a lot since tew 16 came out with how NXT is used for example so can see why in a short space of time people want a lot of changes. Although I think fundamentally if you use wwe as an example from what I understand Vince runs WWE and has little to no involvement in NXT. Which does sort of mirror how tew works.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="DutchMagpie" data-cite="DutchMagpie" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46035" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>It depends on what you expect from it. For me it is a perfect way to develop prospects and make them gain popularity and skills. I don't care about the titles in NXT. When someone is ready, I call them up.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Yep. Dev titles don't concern me since I typically have more than enough main roster titles to worry about (5-8, depending) as well as the alliance titles. In my current game, J.Ro is the figurehead of my dev promotion but they won't put the title on her (which makes sense). They also won't put the title on Zoe Ammis, who is probably the second most talented main event member. Instead, an unretired, heavily edited Britney Hollywood is champ and she's probably #4 as far as skill and overness is concerned. They also don't take titles off workers when they no longer qualify for them so you can have main eventers holding midcard tag titles. Not worth worrying about, in my view.</p><p> </p><p> But what I do to force title changes is that I call the titleholder up the day of the dev promotion's show. AI bookers (which is what your chosen dev booker is) tend to use the show to crown a new champ for the vacated title. So 'Vacant' gets a shorter title reign than many WWE Hardcore champions.</p>

Archived