TEW2020 Discussion Thread

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="DatIsraeliGuy" data-cite="DatIsraeliGuy" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46105" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I'm kinda confused about the decision not to have previews of the CVerse.<p> It's one of the main parts of the game, surely there needs to be some info about it</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Why? What details of the evolution of the default game-world absolutely have to be shared? </p><p> </p><p> I'm as eager as anyone to see how the game world has changed. I would LOVE to get some form of preview. But.... I completely get why many prefer to get the full experience of exploring it when its released. And taking that away from those to minimally satisfy my own curiosity seems... selfish....</p>

<p>I must express a degree of disappointment with the pacing of the Dev Journal. Now that the features have been announced, there's nothing really to look forward to for the next 6+ months until the game comes out. In my case, the hype has died down, and I find myself not really caring about TEW 2020 at all. The number of new features, I feel, easily would have been enough to fill the diary all the way until release. It just feels like it would have been a better idea - keep the momentum and hype train steadily going right until the release of the game.</p><p> </p><p>

Now it's like ehh. Maybe I'll remember to check whether the game is released one day, maybe I won't.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="TeemuFoundation" data-cite="TeemuFoundation" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46105" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I must express a degree of disappointment with the pacing of the Dev Journal. Now that the features have been announced, there's nothing really to look forward to for the next 6+ months until the game comes out. In my case, the hype has died down, and I find myself not really caring about TEW 2020 at all. The number of new features, I feel, easily would have been enough to fill the diary all the way until release. It just feels like it would have been a better idea - keep the momentum and hype train steadily going right until the release of the game.<p> </p><p> Now it's like ehh. Maybe I'll remember to check whether the game is released one day, maybe I won't.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I think that's a negative way to look at it. There are bound to be exciting things that come up throughout the rest of the development process. Plus, there might be pictures and things that come out when the graphics are finished so people can get an idea of screens, etc. </p><p> </p><p> There also is normally a demo that comes out before the full game for plenty of play testing and exploration.</p><p> </p><p> I love the pace of the developmental journal, personally. It started out big with big feature announcements and now slows down so we can all get an idea of the pacing and how far along things are. Gives me hope that it might be ahead of schedule.</p>

<p>I don't think there's ever been a preview for the Cornellverse so glad that's not changing because yes, I will spend my first day with the demo going through the Cornellverse to see all the changes. </p><p> </p><p>

I'm glad Adam mentioned all the notes he had taken. I know it's one of the last things done, but have always been curious about the process so would enjoy hearing more about it</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="TeemuFoundation" data-cite="TeemuFoundation" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46105" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I must express a degree of disappointment with the pacing of the Dev Journal. Now that the features have been announced, there's nothing really to look forward to for the next 6+ months until the game comes out. In my case, the hype has died down, and I find myself not really caring about TEW 2020 at all. The number of new features, I feel, easily would have been enough to fill the diary all the way until release. It just feels like it would have been a better idea - keep the momentum and hype train steadily going right until the release of the game.<p> </p><p> Now it's like ehh. Maybe I'll remember to check whether the game is released one day, maybe I won't.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I kind of understand your vibe on this. But perhaps if things are running this smoothly the game will be out sooner than later.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="TeemuFoundation" data-cite="TeemuFoundation" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46105" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I must express a degree of disappointment with the pacing of the Dev Journal. Now that the features have been announced, there's nothing really to look forward to for the next 6+ months until the game comes out. In my case, the hype has died down, and I find myself not really caring about TEW 2020 at all. The number of new features, I feel, easily would have been enough to fill the diary all the way until release. It just feels like it would have been a better idea - keep the momentum and hype train steadily going right until the release of the game.<p> </p><p> Now it's like ehh. Maybe I'll remember to check whether the game is released one day, maybe I won't.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I mean you could just stay hyped for the things that have been announced and be grateful instead of needing it spread out over a longer period to keep your hype up. A thought lol.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="TeemuFoundation" data-cite="TeemuFoundation" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46105" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I must express a degree of disappointment with the pacing of the Dev Journal. Now that the features have been announced, there's nothing really to look forward to for the next 6+ months until the game comes out. In my case, the hype has died down, and I find myself not really caring about TEW 2020 at all. The number of new features, I feel, easily would have been enough to fill the diary all the way until release. It just feels like it would have been a better idea - keep the momentum and hype train steadily going right until the release of the game.<p> </p><p> Now it's like ehh. Maybe I'll remember to check whether the game is released one day, maybe I won't.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> It's been awhile since Adam has given any update on timeline. There's really no way to know if he's ahead or behind schedule. I'd be encouraged that he's making good process due to the fact he's beginning database work--it was my understanding that making the CVerse was one of the late stages of the game design. </p><p> </p><p> Regardless, the features are the features despite when they're announced. Based on what I read in the dev. journal, this game is going to be a massive upgrade for the franchise. It doesn't matter when they're announced, it'll be a lot of fun to check everything out.</p>

Why? What details of the evolution of the default game-world absolutely have to be shared?

I'm as eager as anyone to see how the game world has changed. I would LOVE to get some form of preview. But.... I completely get why many prefer to get the full experience of exploring it when its released. And taking that away from those to minimally satisfy my own curiosity seems... selfish....

This whole "some people prefer to experience it on release" argument is really odd, if you don't wanna be spoiled, just, ya know, don't read the previews...

I'm glad Adam mentioned all the notes he had taken. I know it's one of the last things done, but have always been curious about the process so would enjoy hearing more about it

I'll definitely be talking about the actual process of how the data is constructed during the journal, it just won't have actual spoilers in it.

If there is not an alliance update somewhere near the end of the journal I will admit to be very disappointed. While I know we are in the live journal stage, if some of the major alliance upgrades that were expected or requested aren't even gonna make the list in some way or fashion, it is disappointing. So many great improvements, no doubt, and I love what was announced, but we all know regardless some are more looked for than others.

If there is not an alliance update somewhere near the end of the journal I will admit to be very disappointed. While I know we are in the live journal stage, if some of the major alliance upgrades that were expected or requested aren't even gonna make the list in some way or fashion, it is disappointing. So many great improvements, no doubt, and I love what was announced, but we all know regardless some are more looked for than others.
Yes this is crucial why even have Aliances if there no or just small thing added i would love defendt IWGP title on ROH or do ROH/NJPW show and many more

As someone who spent a whole lot of time reading every single entry in the latest TEW without actually playing the game, I am kind of torn about the lack of spoilers. Sure, seeing everything is one of my favorite things about the game, but it also reminds me that I spent something like 4 hours just reading every bio entry before I even bothered to play and... guess what? I am super excited about this new entry and want to play as soon as it is out.

Adam, can you please let us know the release date 4-5 weeks in advance? I really want to schedule my vacation week next year to play this game.

Out of curiosity, what would you want to see in? The only things I can think of are super shows and there being voting on the titles, but I'm curious what others might expect.

It's my understanding that the features have been announced and no new ones are getting in. What you see is what you get.

There's not going to be a reveal - it's already been confirmed that the picture sizes are the same.

But what about the picture size for the new grade pictures?

Since the 50x50 isn't used in TEW2020 according to your earlier reply in the suggestion forum.