TEW2020 Discussion Thread

Something I've been wondering that may or not have been addressed is whether or not there's been more future debuting wrestlers added to the database. Previously, the last (I think) pre-made wrestler to debut was Tommy Cornell Jr. in 2025. That was fine in 2016 because it was around 10 years out, but now that's only 5 years into the game. Even if I run with a larger company that has two brands, I can myself hitting that point pretty quickly.

Now, I like the variety that comes with randomly generated wrestlers, but I also like to work with pre-made guys that are debuting in the future, especially seeing ones that are second or third generation wrestlers. Now we get a bunch of next generation masked wrestlers, but I don't think I ever remember seeing sons and daughters debuting randomly.

I really hope we get a lot of future debuts. I also really hope there's more second and third gen stars. I loved playing with Raymond Diaz's son (I believe James).

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Under 10 days until the demo drops. Really excited to spend the whole day digging through the database and fiddling with the new features just to see everything

Yeah, I'm super hyped for it. I just want to sift through all the changes and hope I'm at least 10% right on what I think would happen!

Yeah, I'll jump in on the thanks as well.

Getting my first two Pro Wrestling matches ripped from me due to COVID-19 was absolutely heartbreaking. I was less than 3 weeks away from stepping into the ring in front of a sold out crowd of 125.

This game lets me forget about that for awhile so I'm excited to lose myself.

I'm one of the people still working full time. So this comment is directed towards anyone planning on taking the day off work so they can play TEW when it drops on the 30th. My honest suggestion is don't take off the Thursday it is released. I suggest taking Friday off because TEW2016 took half of the day for it to be released. It's not something Adam can control. I believe it's something with the publisher. Either way, if you plan on waking up early to play 2020. Maybe take Friday off so you don't spend the whole morning waiting for the game to drop. I know I was dying when 2016 came out. I don't think it came out in my timezone till like 3PM. I could have basically worked that day.

Just a warning for anyone planning on taking off.

I'm one of the people still working full time. So this comment is directed towards anyone planning on taking the day off work so they can play TEW when it drops on the 30th. My honest suggestion is don't take off the Thursday it is released. I suggest taking Friday off because TEW2016 took half of the day for it to be released. It's not something Adam can control. I believe it's something with the publisher. Either way, if you plan on waking up early to play 2020. Maybe take Friday off so you don't spend the whole morning waiting for the game to drop. I know I was dying when 2016 came out. I don't think it came out in my timezone till like 3PM. I could have basically worked that day.

I'm a dispatcher and work graveyard, so I will get to play all night at work!

What I'm doing .

<p>Question about broadcasting.</p><p> </p><p>

It says in the journal that you can pay the companies to have your show aired on thier station?</p><p> </p><p>

Do we get to decide how much?</p><p> </p><p>

Also do we get to deicde how much companies pay us for our show?</p><p> </p><p>

If so is that on a by show basis or monthly/yearly?</p>

<p>pre tape more than a show</p><p> </p><p>

i try to find the answer in the journal but i didn't</p><p> </p><p>

tew2020 will have to feature to pretape more than a show (like companies do in real life sometimes) so you can cut cost and be able to use a certain worker that is available only on few dates a month?</p><p> </p><p>

thanks</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="acarlux" data-cite="acarlux" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46105" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>i try to find the answer in the journal but i didn't<p> </p><p> tew2020 will have to feature to pretape more than a show (like companies do in real life sometimes) so you can cut cost and be able to use a certain worker that is available only on few dates a month?</p><p> </p><p> thanks</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> <a href="http://www.greydogsoftware.com/forum/showpost.php?p=2344191&postcount=33" rel="external nofollow">Yep!</a></p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46105" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div> Previous entries have already covered how ratings / viewership will be very important in TEW2020, and one of the new features that gels with that is the ability for companies to 'block tape' TV shows. A company can now tape up to four episodes at once. The advantage of this is that it slashes the cost of producing the show (because everything is already in place so there's no need to transport of set-up multiple times), but the disadvantage is that the further ahead a show is taped, the more its ratings are going to get reduced, therefore the company will potentially be losing out on valuable broadcast revenue.</div></blockquote>

<p>I'm sure this has been asked before but I can't specifically find it and would like to know before the release. </p><p>

When the demo or the full release is here, how do go about starting a game? I know I won't be able to use the new features but can I just use a TEW16 mod and load it into TEW20? Or what do I do to make it work?</p><p>

Will the same cheat codes form 2016 still work? Is there any info about the cheatcodes for TEW20?</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="arranlester12" data-cite="arranlester12" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46105" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>It says in the journal that you can pay the companies to have your show aired on thier station?<p> </p><p> Do we get to decide how much?</p><p> </p><p> Also do we get to deicde how much companies pay us for our show?</p><p> </p><p> If so is that on a by show basis or monthly/yearly?</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> It's on a show by show basis and the figures are done via the negotiations screen.</p><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Dolfanar" data-cite="Dolfanar" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46105" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Have any of the house show restrictions been lifted? Is it still limited to cult (Large) promotions and workers on written contracts?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> You have to be Medium sized and have twelve available wrestlers.</p><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="born_naughty" data-cite="born_naughty" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46105" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I'm sure this has been asked before but I can't specifically find it and would like to know before the release. <p> When the demo or the full release is here, how do go about starting a game? I know I won't be able to use the new features but can I just use a TEW16 mod and load it into TEW20? Or what do I do to make it work?</p><p> Will the same cheat codes form 2016 still work? Is there any info about the cheatcodes for TEW20?</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> You would convert the TEW2016 database using the in-game editor and then use it as normal.</p>

Obviously we haven't seen any screenshots yet, but would it be too late for Adam to implement a "Hide Random Profile" option for loading screens?

It would open so many new avenues for custom loading screens if we didn't have to work around the boxes. Not a big deal, just a small aesthetic thing I'm sure a few of us would appreciate. Can't wait for TEW2020!

I feel stupid for asking this question, but like TEW 16, I can use any product for purely women's wrestling right? Sorry for dumb question.

I would imagine that's still the same. I believe Adam said previously that you still set the level of women's wrestling that goes on in a company so I would imagine you would still be able to set the company as exclusively women regardless of product.

Curious because I can't remember how this got handled last time; Will we have a reaction thread for the Cornellverse updates and changes or will we just do all that here? Feel like one could be useful so people could still chat in here if they can't download the demo at the same time as the rest of us next week while those of us who can have a place to react