CornellVerse 2020: The Future Begins (Hype)

<div style="text-align:center;"><p></p><p><strong><span style="font-size:18px;">

Black Canvas Grappling</span></strong></p><p><strong><span style="font-size:18px;">

</span></strong></p></div><p></p><p>

</p><div style="text-align:center;"><p></p><p><strong><span style="font-size:14px;">

One man had embodied the spirit of Golden Canvas Grappling more than any other - the legendary Yoshifusa Maeda, the former five time GCG world champion who had stayed loyal to the promotion through thick and thin. But when GCG joined the controversial 'Modern Japan' movement in 2011 it proved too much; considering it an insult to both himself and the promotion's proud history, Maeda quit.</span></strong></p><p><strong><span style="font-size:14px;"> </span></strong></p><p><strong><span style="font-size:14px;">

Joined by his close friend Kazu Yoshizawa, who was so insulted by GCG's decision that he came out of retirement especially, Maeda created Black Canvas Grappling - what he claims is the true continuation of the 'roaring lion' tradition, with the "modern GCG" being a disgrace. Despite losing some of their workers and GCG being larger, BCG have managed to establish a dedicated fanbase who are loyal to tradition, which includes Hiro Gakusha, who is the BCG figurehead.</span></strong></p><p><strong><span style="font-size:14px;">

BCG are slowly gaining popularity. They survived the 2016 tsunami thanks to their touring schedule. After June 2016, they were off for a month, during which time Yoshifusa Maeda and Kazu Yoshizawa saved money and raised money from donations in order to keep the company going. They've survived, and thrived, with $1,000,000 and being close to cult size. They have 50% popularity in Chubu and Kinki, and 34% popularity in the rest of Japan. They show events and touring highlights on J-Network East 3. </p><p> </p><p>

Their roster isn't very different. A few workers have retired. George Wolfe has joined them on a touring deal. They no longer have Bulldozer Brandon Smith or Findlay O'Farraday. Smith is in USPW, while Farraday has joined 4 other workers in joining TCW. Only Matthew Keith and Farraday have been announced. The other three will be announced by the time these Japan entries are completed. </p><p> </p><p>

One of their newest and best assets is Hiro Gakusha, the son of GCG figurehead Hiroyasu Gakusha. Hiro Gakusha is almost as talented as his father despite only being 20. Training from the age of 7, he's been trained in multiple aspects of pro wrestling and martial arts, and is considered a jiu jitsu expert. He uses a high flying style due to be smaller than his father. As his debut neared, fans anxiously awaited his debut for GCG, and believed he'd be teamed with his father to help him gain experience. However, Hiro was devoted to the traditional Japanese schedule, and when GCG changed their schedule he decided he'd work for BCG, but told nobody. Upon his debut, he shocked Japanese wrestling fans by announcing he was signing with BCG, where he's been pushed as their figurehead. Due to his choice, his father and GCG owner Haruki Kudo don't speak to him. As BCG's figurehead, many believe he'll be the one who helps them in their war against GCG.</p><p>

</p><p><strong>

BCG World Champion: Hiro Gakusha (since January 2019)</strong></p><p><strong>

BCG Yoshifusa Maeda Grand Prix Winners: Roku Sotomura (2016), Bunrakuken Torii (2017), Findlay O'Farraday (2018), Hiro Gakusha (2019)</strong></p><p><strong>

BCG World Tag Team Champions: Dynamite Narahashi and Bunrakuken Torii (since December 2018)</strong></p><p><strong>

BCG Challengers Series Champion: Naozane Goto (since November 2019)</strong></p><p><strong>

</strong></p>

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

<div style="text-align:center;"><p></p><p><strong><span style="font-size:18px;">

Golden Canvas Grappling</span></strong></p><p><strong><span style="font-size:18px;">

</p><div style="text-align:center;"><p></p><p><strong><span style="font-size:14px;">

The oldest promotion in Japan, Golden Canvas Grappling was the most powerful wrestling promotion on the planet and a national institution until it came out on the losing side of a 'war' with BHOTWG in the 1980s that left it financially ruined.</span></strong></p><p><strong><span style="font-size:14px;"> </span></strong></p><p><strong><span style="font-size:14px;">

Having been a sad shell of its former great self for many years, recent years have seen GCG attempt to come back from the brink. Joining the Modern Japan movement in 2011 may have disgusted purists but gave the company its first jolt of positive momentum in over two decades. Then, the legendary Haruki Kudo was appointed CEO in 2015 and pledged to continue to push GCG forward into a brave new era. He's done that so far by getting GCG TV deals, and modernised the company's product. Now slowly rising to glory, it looks to help WLW in the battle against BHOTWG and once again become the top promotion in the country.</span></strong></p><p><strong><span style="font-size:14px;">

GCG is growing back to glory. They are now at cult size, with 65% popularity across Japan. They have $5,000,000 to use and deals with Japanese Sports Vision 2 and J-Remote 1. Owner Haruki Kudo has modernized the company's product. While all of their other product settings remain the same, modern is now at medium. This has angered some more fans, which may have contributed to the rise of BCG. However, GCG isn't hurt, and is thriving. </p><p> </p><p>

They have some new workers on their roster. Greg Gauge is now in BHOTWG, and Barry Kingman has gone to finish his career in NYCW. Craig Prince left NOTBPW as a road agent to become GCG's road agent. 21CW's Ricky Storm has joined GCG. Golden Dojo graduate Ryobe Uno is making waves in the company. Their biggest new worker is Eisaku Hoshino. The well known freelancer joined GCG in 2018.</p><p>

</p><p><strong>

GCG World Heavyweight Champion: Eisaku Hoshino (since December 2018)</strong></p><p><strong>

GCG World Heavyweight Tag Team Champions: Hiroyasu Gakusha and Kiminobu Kuroki (since March 2019)</strong></p><p><strong>

GCG Openweight Champion: Ricky Storm (since August 2019)</strong></p><p><strong>

</strong></p>

World Level Wrestling

Created in 2000, World Level Wrestling have pioneered the concept of 'LuchaResu', a combination of traditional Lucha Libre and hard-hitting PuroResu. By combining the new style with a sense of fun not found in the other major Japanese companies, WLW have carved out a strong niche for themselves. Now, they're in a battle against BHOTWG and PGHW to be the top promotion in the country.

WLW were one of the founding members of the Modern Japan movement and by far its biggest beneficiaries; clever use of outside talent and Aichi has allowed them to create a wave of momentum that has seen them become a real player in the Japanese market for the first time.

WLW is now a national sized company. They have $10,000,000 to spend and 80% popularity throughout Japan. Unlike other Japanese companies, their product allowed them to not be affected by the devastated industry following the 2016 tsunami. They grew as others either struggled or held their ground, and are now one of Japan's Big Three alongside BHOTWG and PGHW.

Workers like Necromancer have improved and now work for both ZEN and WLW. American Elemental has left to fight for BHOTWG, but he did team with American Elemental II while he was there. Acid II has joined them, and teams with Acid. They have a working agreement with CZCW and OLLIE, resulting in a stable of CZCW workers "invading" WLW. This group includes Snap Dragon, who I previously mentioned returned to CZCW, Fox Mask, and Frankie Dee (as White Angel), who took Frankie Perez's place in WLW and CZCW after Perez left for BHOTWG. EXODUS 2010 worker Mercury have achieved his goal to join the roster and team with Emerald Angel. Other workers who've joined WLW include Black Flash, Monkey Maraguchi, Chess Maniac, and Diamante Azul. Young worker Tiger Prince now works for OLLIE due to being on an excursion to Mexico. Koki Ishibashi has retired and now focuses on his backstage role as the head booker. Koji Kojima still runs the company and continues to wrestle.

With WLW recently reaching national, Emerald Angel, Magnum Kobe, and Angel & Mercury (as a team) now have some points in the HOI. Angel won the WLW Universal Title in December 2019, giving him those points, plus points for a legendary match with Kobe, which Kobe also gained points so. Angel and Mercury got points as a team for winning the tag titles.

WLW have been taking advantage of Aichi. Ever since the Japanese subscription based network has started, WLW has used it to gain popularity. All of WLW's events and WLW LuchaResu are showed on the network. WLW is the only Japanese company currently using the network.

WLW Universal Champion: Emerald Angel (since December 2019)

WLW Modern Japan Champion: White Angel (Frankie Dee) (since August 2019)

WLW Tag Team Champions: Emerald Angel and Mercury (since December 2019)

<div style="text-align:center;"><p></p><p><strong><strong><span style="font-size:18px;">

Pride Glory Honor Wrestling</span></strong></strong></p><p><strong><strong><span style="font-size:18px;">

</span></strong></strong></p></div><p></p><p>

Created by Japanese legend Sadaharo Jimbo in 1996, PGHW had a meteoric rise to prominence thanks to the amazing match quality that the 'golden generation' wrestlers like Miwa, Tatsuko, Mushashibo, Hoshino and Inukai pumped out on a monthly basis for over a decade.</span></strong></p><p><strong><span style="font-size:14px;"> </span></strong></p><p><strong><span style="font-size:14px;">

The ridiculously physically intense style that made the matches so watchable proved to be a double-edged sword though - by 2008 nearly all the main wrestlers were physical wrecks. Jimbo retired in 2014 and handed over power to his protege Nobuatsu Tatsuko, who has since cleverly positioned PGHW as 'Japan's promotion' to take advantage of BHOTWG going in a more western direction. The strategy seems to be working. and recently PGHW have been pushing young workers. With the old guard preparing to retire completely, PGHW's future stars look amazing.</span></strong></p><p><strong><span style="font-size:14px;">

PGHW is growing. With Nobuatsu Tatsuko and Shuji Inukai still in control, they've done quite well and PGHW managed to survive the 2016 tsunami, mostly thanks to stockpiling hoards of money during their off months. They have $5,000,000 and 85% popularity across Japan. They've got a PPV deal with Emperor Choice.</p><p> </p><p>

PGHW also have a number of new stars just ready to replace the old ones. Even though he's approaching 50, Eisaku Kunomasu still wrestles, though at a much lesser rate. This is due to his low impact style and managing to stay injury free. However, he's announced he'll retire on his 50th birthday this year. Danger Kumasaka is continuing to wrestle, as he wants to be the longest active wrestler in the world. Even when he retires, he may continue wrestling occasionally. Yoshimimi Mushashibo is still fighting, but will be passing the torch soon enough. </p><p> </p><p>

PGHW have young guys such as Sterling Whitlock, 21CW's Edison Silva, SAISHO's Azunamaro Kita, James Diaz, Hammer Hadley, and their own Avalanche Takano returned from IPW, and is now making his way through the PGHW ranks. Other new workers include Hirotsugu Satou, who returned from an excursion. Their newest worker is the son of a legendary Hall of Immortals inductee, a man who fought around the world and made his name in Japan and America. This man also works alongside his father in ELITE, where his father is a road agent. Making his debut in January 2020 at the very start of the game, this young rookie is being looked at by every big company in the world, and although he has great skills, the only question is can he step out of his father's huge shadow.</p><p>

</p><p><strong>

PGHW Glory Crown Champion: Seiji Jimbo (since July 2019)</strong></p><p><strong>

PGHW Elite Series Winners: PRIDE Koiso (2016), Masaru Ugaki (2017), Kozue Kawashima (2018), Seiji Jimbo (2019)</strong></p><p><strong>

PGHW Elite Tag Team Series Winners: PRIDE Koiso & Kozue Kawashima (2016), Akinori Kwakami & Noriyori Sanda (2017), Chojiro Kitoaji & Bussho Makiguchi (2018), Raymond Diaz & James Diaz (2019)</strong></p><p><strong>

PGHW Glory Tag Crown Champions: Raymond Diaz and James Diaz (since August 2019)</strong></p><p><strong>

PGHW International Champion: James Diaz (since July 2019)</strong></p><p><strong>

PGHW Historical Japan Champion: Hammer Hadley (since June 2019)</strong></p><p><strong>

</strong></p>

<p>As I prepare to take a look at the database in a save, I'm fixing some mistakes. A contract clash had to be fixed. Some wrestlers had to have their contract changed from retired to active wrestler in order for them to hold a belt. Antonia Andres is a manager, not a wrestler, so I took away the CILL World Womens Championship from her and gave it to Estrella Blanca. My entry on CILL in this post has been edited to reflect this. Two stables were deleted, due to being in an inactive company. Some managers set in contracts had to be undone. </p><p> </p><p>

I'm thinking of outsourcing the work of editing workers skillsets, employment histories, and other things that need to be edited, but will be a true pain. Is there anyone willing to get this edited while I stay busy testing the data to make sure it works well?</p>

As I prepare to take a look at the database in a save, I'm fixing some mistakes. A contract clash had to be fixed. Some wrestlers had to have their contract changed from retired to active wrestler in order for them to hold a belt. Antonia Andres is a manager, not a wrestler, so I took away the CILL World Womens Championship from her and gave it to Estrella Blanca. My entry on CILL in this post has been edited to reflect this. Two stables were deleted, due to being in an inactive company. Some managers set in contracts had to be undone.

I'm thinking of outsourcing the work of editing workers skillsets, employment histories, and other things that need to be edited, but will be a true pain. Is there anyone willing to get this edited while I stay busy testing the data to make sure it works well?

Haha, yeah it's a hell of a lot of work doing all that, I don't remember when I started my mod, maybe six months ago? But I'm still edited one created company in Europe, one more to add AND still got Australia to do haha.

Haha, yeah it's a hell of a lot of work doing all that, I don't remember when I started my mod, maybe six months ago? But I'm still edited one created company in Europe, one more to add AND still got Australia to do haha.

I've been editing my mod since early November, meaning I've been working on it for about 3 months and a few days. Some days I did a lot of work on it, and others I just did little things. All my companies and rosters are done. Only the minor work and worker skillsets need to be worked on. When I first started working on my mod, I edited worker skillsets for each person in the companies I started on (4C, CGC, UCW, ELITE, USWF, ACPW's former workers, and half of NOTBPW's workers), but stopped doing that after I decided I'd make more progress if I waited to edit skillsets until after the companies are done. I'll be fine-tuning them even after I'm done, such as when a person is the main champion of a promotion, but is listed as a midcarder when they should be a main eventer.

Burning Hammer Of The Wrestling Gods

Burning Hammer Of The Wrestling Gods have been the giant of Japanese pro wrestling for decades. They are most closely associated the "Burning Path" style of wrestling, which is a realistic and traditional brand of working, and their ever-popular junior heavyweight division.

Never far from cotroversy, BHOTWG have weathered many storms and scandals over the years (the "INSPIRE crisis" of 2006 being just one prime example) but always seem to find a way to continue. Their latest setback came in 2015 when, seeing the success the Modern Japan movement was having, they adopted a more western-influenced schedule; purists hated the move, seeing it as a blatant money grabbing exercise and an insult to the company's traditions. There are rumors that Tadiyuki Kikkawa will take over the company and bring back tradition, but Kikkawa has stated he doesn't intend to run BHOTWG.

BHOTWG is still the largest company in Japan. They have 90% popularity across Japan and $25,000,000 to use. They've gone a bit farther from tradition lately. They've introduced a "brand split", but not a typical kind seen in SWF. This brand split is between heavyweights and junior heavyweights. Both brands have their own TV show.

Junior heavyweights and their titles are now considered as valuable as the heavyweights, and winners of these titles are now getting HOI points. In fact, all current and former champions have their HOI points. This was the result of the longest Burning Junior Championship reign in modern history. Sensational Dragon, considered one of the best junior heavyweights in the world, held the belt from November 2015 to December 2018. A 37 month reign under that belt showed company management that the junior heavyweight division was truly not just a midcard or floating thing. Dragon convinced owner Tetsuzan Kaneko to announce that the Burning Junior and BOTSJ achievements were officially main event level things, and that all current and former champions were going to be considered immortals if they'd achieved enough. Now, greats like Sensational Dragon can get into the HOI in the same way such as those who've paved the way for junior heavyweights, such as Elemental and Optimus.

Matthew Keith left BHOTWG to fight for TCW. A number of workers have been hired. Fujio Narahashi, Frankie Perez, Greg Gauge, American Elemental, Java, and Tribal Warrior are just some of their new workers. Edo Phoenix IV and Michio Gensai returned from their excursions to work for BHOTWG. Some workers were hired after graduating from the Hinote Dojo. Greg Gauge is now known as The Great Gauge. Gauge and Keith never stood across each other in a BHOTWG ring, whether it was as opponents or tag partners. Matthew did manage to get a year long reign with the Burning World Championship, and he may have held it slightly longer, but he lost it to Natsu Miyamae when he told BHOTWG he'd be leaving. He left in December 2019, taking the opportunity to work with TCW and try to get a world title reign within his first five months there. Some other workers have retired.

BHOTWG legend Tadiyuki Kikkawa is 47 and preparing to retire. There are rumors he'll retire by the end of the year after passing the torch to someone else, possibly through one more short Burning World Championship reign. He is getting into politics, and is in the process of running for a spot in the Japanese House of Representatives, under his own Sports And Peace Party. Kikkawa is wrestling less, and only wrestles at major events against the biggest names. His replacement is unknown, but many suspect it could be any of the young heavyweights on the roster.

Burning World Champion: Natsu Miyamae (since December 2019)

Burning Junior Champion: Helikaon (KC Glenn) (since December 2018)

Best of the Super Juniors Tournament Winners: Elemental III (2016), MYSTIC Dragon (2017), Sensational Dragon (2018), Helikaon (2019)

Burning World Tag Team Champions: Java and Tribal Warrior (since November 2019)

Burning Junior Tag Team Champions: American Elemental and Frankie Perez (since January 2019)

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Jaysin" data-cite="Jaysin" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>You have Burning Junior championship listed twice with two different champions</div></blockquote><p> Thanks for telling me. It's fixed now.</p>

Strong Japan Pro Wrestling

Opened in October 2020 by former BHOTWG CEO Kaneie Komine, Strong Japan Pro Wrestling is Komine's return to the world of pro wrestling. Having been thrown out of BHOTWG in a coup, he spent the next decade planning and raising money to launch his new company. Using a style based on a combination of realistic wrestling with some elements of MMA thrown in, it is a promotion meant for only the strong. Unlike most Japanese promotions, it uses a touring schedule, the same schedule BHOTWG used under Komine's reign. Despite this, it refuses to align with PGHW or BCG, as Komine doesn't like forming partnerships with other promotions.

Strong Japan Pro Wrestling is a company I've set to open in October 2020. It will be opened by former BHOTWG CEO Kaneie Komine. After Komine was thrown out in a coup, he spent the next decade saving money and finding investors, and making secret deals with wrestlers in order to prepare for the opening of SJPW. They'll start with $1,000,000 25% popularity across Japan. The product's style is Strong Japan Style, with realism being a key feature, pure being heavy, and hyper realism being medium. All their matches are called in the ring.

Unlike most Japanese companies in the modern era, SJPW uses a touring schedule. They are active throughout three periods of the year: February - April, June - August, and October - December. They take a 1 month break between tours. Komine believes that while the western schedule is effective, he wants to try what worked when he was in charge. Whether or not he can succeed in challenging BHOTWG has yet to be seen, but fans are excited for this battle.

Australian Pro Wrestling</span></strong></p><p><strong><span style="font-size:18px;">

Prior to 2007 the wrestling business in the southern hemisphere was in pretty dire shape; a handful of tiny promotions could be found, but most were struggling just to cover their costs. It was James J McMinister, head of a large mining firm in Melbourne, who saw the potential for something bigger, and in February 2007 he officially founded APW.</span></strong></p><p><strong><span style="font-size:14px;"> </span></strong></p><p><strong><span style="font-size:14px;">

McMinister's plan was simple; buy out all of the smaller companies to create one 'super promotion', combining the best talent from each. Unfortunately an otherwise perfect plan was ruined by the arrival of RAW just two years later, with their TV deal meaning they could instantly relegate APW to a distant second place in the Australian market. However, RAW has stolen many of APW's biggest stars over the years, hurting the company. APW recently began doing an invasion angle with ZEN, and it seems that with APW planning to close soon, ZEN is set to be the new second best promotion in Australia.</span></strong></p><p><strong><span style="font-size:14px;">

APW has suffered in recent years. Some of their stars have been either stolen by RAW or left. They now only have $250,000 and 30% popularity in Eastern Australia, and 20% popularity in the rest of Australia. They also have 10% popularity in New Zealand. Twp of their older veterans, Debonair David Peterson and Lanny Williams (The Masters) retired back in 2016 and started their own company. </p><p> </p><p>

APW is involved in an invasion angle with ZEN. Many in APW can see the company is dying, and won't last much longer. Halloween Knight, Pumpkin Jack, and SubUrban Legend are the invading party. APW have also gained a few new workers, with some being from the Indie circuit, such as Anguish, Misery, and Bryant Hall, while others are from the now closed DIW. APW's Commonwealth Championship has been vacated twice, once due to a worker being stolen by RAW, and the second time when a worker was injured. The invasion angle with ZEN began when Halloween Knight was revealed as the mystery opponent in a match for the belt in May 2018, which he won.</p><p>

</p><p><strong>

APW Commonwealth Champion: Halloween Knight (since May 2018)</strong></p><p><strong>

APW Australian Champion: SubUrban Legend (since January 2019)</strong></p><p><strong>

APW Tag Team Champions: Pumpkin Jack & SubUrban Legend (since December 2018)</strong></p><p><strong>

</strong></p>

World of Fighters</span></strong></p><p><strong><span style="font-size:18px;">

Formed by veterans Debonair David Peterson and Lanny Williams, WOF is a rising Australian company that has a product based on MMA. Upon retiring in November 2016, Peterson and Williams agreed that the only way to beat RAW was to become an alternative to them, similar to what TCW did in America. They left APW and used their money to open World of Fighters, basing the product upon pure MMA fighting with an Australian twist. The roster is full of young workers with potential, and it seems that WOF is going to be a company to watch for years to come.</span></strong></p><p><strong><span style="font-size:14px;">

Opened in December 2016, WOF is Australia's first true MMA/wrestling hybrid company. When Debonair David Peterson and Lanny Williams retired, they decided to leave APW and start their own company. They would quickly decide that to beat RAW, you had to be different, clearly thinking of how ZEN had risen a bit in recent years. With $500,000 to use and 30% popularity in Eastern Australia and 15% in Western Australia, they're a small sized company. Peterson runs the company, while Lanny books it. </p><p> </p><p>

They use a roster full of a combination of young stars from the Indie circuit, and some former DIW roster members, who joined the company have DIW closed. This includes Tombstone, Vaughan, God of War, and Gyula Lakatos. Other young stars include Rob Edwards, Bryant Hall, North American MMA fighter Christopher Ball, The Gladiator, Bloodsport, and Mikey Russo (formerly Boot Camp Mikey).</p><p>

</p><p><strong>

World of Fighters Champion: Mikey Russo (since January 2019)</strong></p><p><strong>

WOF Australian Champion: John Temperance (since June 2019)</strong></p><p><strong>

</strong></p>

<p>I've decided that with work on the mod running well, mostly due to the effort of Lundinz, I'll be releasing the mod on January 1, 2020. This data will not be changed depending on when TEW 2020 is released. After it's release, it's likely I'll continue updating it, fixing whatever mistakes are left behind, while also possibly adding some things. </p><p> </p><p>

Another plan of mine is periodic major updates. This would mean that every 6 months to a year, a new update would be released, updating the date of the mod. This would likely lead to a sort of new mod, which I'd likely set in 2023 or 2025. This newer mod would be built from the converted 2020 mod in TEW 2020. However, if there is also the possibility of making a mod that continues on the canon set in TEW 2020, meaning whatever is canon in TEW 2020, is continued by a few years, similar to how I went with TEW 2016's canon and advanced it to 2020.</p><p> </p><p>

Another plan I'm intending is a limited beta. In this beta, I would release the mod to certain people who I happen to know in a TEW group, and get their feedback. I haven't detemined when and how long this would be. During the limited beta, I'd be continuing to update the mod, most likely with new workers, of which there is a bit of a shortage, especially in Australia as all workers set to debut there after 2016 have already debuted between then and 2020. This somewhat makes me feel like Australia is going to have more companies in TEW 2020, considering the enormous amounts of unsigned talent. However, I only gave Australia 2 new promotions and closed 1, making it a total of about 5 or 6 active promotions there.</p>

ZEN: Art of Wrestling

New Zealand's first professional wrestling promotion, ZEN: Art Of Wrestling mixes the cutting edge athletic and technical aspects of lucha libre with a healthy dose of off-the-wall humour and zany characters. The emphasis is primarily on producing fun shows that the whole family can enjoy, and they do it well, but the quality of wrestling they produce should not be overlooked either.

Although ZEN have gained a large cult following over the years they constantly had to battle to make enough money to stay afloat; they have come close to bankruptcy on several occasions, and were mere hours away from closing in 2014 before an online Kickstarter campaign started by their fans saved them. This fan support launched them to new heights, and they became hugely popular in New Zealand, and are even expanding into Australia and Japan through their deal with WLW.

ZEN are actually beginning to rise. They have $1,000,000 and 55% popularity in New Zealand, and have actually stopped RAW from growing over there, as the fans there are becoming more and more disgusted by RAW. They are beginning a slow entry into Australia, with 25% popularity there, mostly due to their invasion angle with APW. They are using deals with WLW to get into Japan, with 5% popularity there. I plan on making them have a decent amount of popularity across Oceania, once I do the edits to convert it over and add in new features.

ZEN has a decent amount of new stars. Some old stars, such as Lone Shark, Necromancer, and X-Calibre returning to the company. Necromancer continues to work for WLW. Other workers include Edwin Valasquez, Craig Phoenix, White Wasp, and Thea Davis, who are just some of ZEN's new workers. Over the years, they've been funded by fans, which has influenced their new tagline of "The Painters Make The Art Of Wrestling", but in truth ZEN could easily continue funding themselves. They have a PPV deal with New Zealand PPV and Japan United.

ZEN Master Champion: Lone Shark (since December 2019)

ZEN Conceptual Champion: X-Calibre (since December 2019)

ZEN Harmony Champions: Necromancer & X-Calibre (since December 2019)

Melbourne Wrestling Wrestling</span></strong></p><p><strong><span style="font-size:18px;">

Before APW and RAW burst onto the scene, MWF was considered the premier company in Australia, which didn't say much. It's sports entertainment based product was used nowhere else in Australia, but despite this is suffered financially. In January 2017, RAW decided to bring back MWF as a child company. They chose former owner Kevin Leonhardson to run it and Captain Wrestling to book it. Since it's re-emergence, it's done quite well, though many believe that's because Kevin can't run it into bankruptcy.</span></strong></p><p><strong><span style="font-size:14px;">

MWF was once the premier promotion in Australia. One of the small Australian companies bought out by APW, it had already been in a bad financial state when it was bought out. Eventually, in January 2017 when RAW needed a new child company, they chose to reopen MWF, but made it's product the exact same as RAW's. They chose former owner Kevin Leonhardson to run it, with Captain Wrestling booking it. It has 33% popularity across Australia, making them regional sized. </p><p> </p><p>

Their roster is mostly made up of former APW workers and Indie talent. Nathan McKenzie, Alexander Banks, Spiffy Stan Standish, and a handful of other talent. </p><p>

</p><p><strong>

MWF Television Champion: Nathan McKenzie (since March 2019)</strong></p><p><strong>

MWF Television Tag Team Champion: Jesse Tasman and Surfer Dude Lucas (since July 2019)</strong></p><p><strong>

</strong></p>

Revolution Australian Wrestling</span></strong></p><p><strong><span style="font-size:18px;">

The exclusive property of The Australian Sports Network, Revolution Australian Wrestling were the world's first promotion to be created entirely for TV purposes. RAW came about after one of the network's executive producers, a hot-shot "idea guru" called Tristram Day, realised that wrestling shows tended to test extremely well in the key demographics that the network was after. Unwilling to spend big bucks to import shows from America, he realised that if the network created its own promotion and treated it like a TV show then they would be able to market (and profit from) their own exclusive stars. RAW has been controversial in that it has very little in-ring action, basically being a soap opera that happens to feature occasional wrestling matches, but that has not stopped it becoming hugely popular.</span></strong></p><p><strong><span style="font-size:14px;">

RAW is still the top company in Australia. They now have two TV shows, $10,000,000, and 85% popularity throughout Australia, except in New Zealand where they have 75% popularity. Usually, they'd be national, but due to the way Australia is, they are at a high cult level. Their roster hasn't changed much. Swoopy McCarthy is still on top. </p><p>

</p><p><strong>

RAW Television Champion: Monday Next (since March 2019)</strong></p><p><strong>

RAW Quest Champion: Rod Sullivan (since June 2019)</strong></p><p><strong>

RAW Tag Team Champions: Blake Belushi and Rick Stantz (since March 2019)</strong></p><p><strong>

</strong></p>

Deep Impact Wrestling</span></strong></p><p><strong><span style="font-size:18px;">

Deep Impact Wrestling are the hardcore counter-culture alternative in Australian wrestling. They were set up by veteran rebel The Comedian who had become infuriated by the rise of RAW and all it represented. The concept behind DIW is to be everything that RAW is not; down and dirty wrestling aimed squarely at young males who want a fix of violence, hardcore action. Beers flow, blood is spilled, and one giant middle finger is extended in the direction of Sports Entertainment.</span></strong></p><p><strong><span style="font-size:14px;"> </span></strong></p><p><strong><span style="font-size:14px;">

In 2014, British documentary maker Josh Rosenberg and his film crew spent six months backstage with DIW to produce 'Why We Fight'; the film was a surprise hit at festivals around the world. The money DIW made from it has been credited with helping them stay in business, having been on the verge of bankruptcy when the film was shot. However, the money eventually ran out, and DIW closed in August 2019.</span></strong></p><p><strong><span style="font-size:14px;">

Deep Impact Wrestling closed in August 2019, with only two months to go until their tenth anniversary. Overtime, The Comedian wasn't running the company all that well, and eventually gave ownership to head booker and respected veteran Big Jim Teasdale. Teasdale was a decent owner, and tried his hardest to save the company, but ultimately wasn't able to save it. After it's death, Big Jim began working the Indie scene as a road agent and commentator, while The Comedian went on a hiatus. </p><p> </p><p>

Most of DIW's former talent went to either APW or WOF. Others went to the Indie circuit. </p><p>

</p><p><strong>

DIW Champion: Gyula Lakatos (October 2018 - August 2019) (Final Champion)</strong></p><p><strong>

DIW Tag Team Champions: Mercenary and Sinner (August 2019) (Won on final show from Big Rig and Diesel Dan) (Final Champions)</strong></p><p><strong>

</strong></p>

Premier Championship Wrestling</span></strong></p><p><strong><span style="font-size:18px;">

Founded by millionaire Gerard Knights, Premier Championship Wrestling is just one of Australia's newest promotions. Backed by Knights money and arena ownership, the promotion has been hyped for months and looks like it'll become a top promotion in the country. Continuing the theory that in order to compete with RAW you must use an alternative product, their product is based on realistic and storytelling wrestling, something not common nor uncommon in Australia. Fans are expecting it to be a big hit, and as the date of it's first show approaches, PCW fans are looking forward to a new alternative to RAW's soap opera style.</span></strong></p><p><strong><span style="font-size:14px;">

PCW is a promotion based in Australia that is set to open in July 2021. Continuing with the belief that only alternative products can beat RAW, it's product involves traditional, realism, and pure wrestling being the main features. Traditional is a key feature, realism is heavy, and pure wrestling is medium. Mainstream and modern is low. Cult, hardcore, and daredevil is very low. Face and heels are a part of the company, and high risk moves aren't allowed.</p><p> </p><p>

PCW has $5,000,000 to start with. For about a year before it's opening, Gerard Knights has been hyping it heavily. As a result, it starts with 65% popularity across Australia, making it cult sized. As a result of being owned by Knights, PCW has their own arena: KnightsComm Arena. It is owned by Gerard Knights and has a capacity to hold 10,000 people.</p>

All promotions I've added or edited have been talked about. The next four posts will involve the End of Year awards for 2016, 2017, 2018, and 2019. I'll also talk about the changes to the Hall of Immortals. I'll talk about some new workers as well. I've made some, but won't mass produce them for a bit of time. Some worker deaths will be talked about.

2016 End of Year Awards</span></strong></p><p><strong><span style="font-size:18px;">

</p><p><strong><span style="font-size:14px;">

Wrestler Of The Year: Angry Gilmore (SWF)</span></strong></p><p><strong><span style="font-size:14px;">

</span></strong></p><p><strong><span style="font-size:14px;"><span style="font-size:12px;">

</span></span></strong></p><p><span style="font-size:14px;"><span style="font-size:12px;">

Angry Gilmore had what was arguably his best year in 2016. After his SWF World Championship reign from July to December 2015, he engaged in a feud with new champion Remo, which would also involve Rogue. In May 2016, he won the title from Remo, and he retained it against Rogue the next month, and against Remo in July at Supreme Challenge 36. He then declared himself Tom Gilmore, a legitimate athlete who was against sports entertainment. He went on an undefeated streak, and held the belt for 26 months, from May 2016 until July 2017, when he lost it to Valiant at Supreme Challenge 37. He won it back from Valiant in November 2017, shortly before Valiant left for TCW, and held it until December 2018 when he lost it to Remo, who held it for a year before he lost it to Jack Bruce in December 2019. There are rumors that Gilmore wants to head back to BHOTWG and win the Burning World Championship to become the first person to hold the SWF World (now Supreme), Burning World, and Burning Junior Championships. </span></span></p><p><span style="font-size:14px;"><span style="font-size:12px;">

</span></span></p><p><span style="font-size:14px;">

</span></p><p>

</p><p><span style="font-size:14px;"><strong>

Tag Team Of The Year: Alexander Robinson & Lee Bennett (NOTBPW)</strong></span></p><p><span style="font-size:14px;"><strong>

</strong></span></p><p>

</p><p><span style="font-size:12px;">

The Hall of Immortals inductees Team Toronto had a great year in 2016. Having been in NOTBPW for two years, they would win the Ed Henson Memorial Tag Team Cup for the second time in 2016, and got their second NOTBPW Tag Team Title reign later that year. Winning the belt in August 2016, they held it until January 2018, having an incredible 17 month reign with the belts. Afterwards they put over some younger stars, losing the belts to Jared Johnson and Julian Watson, who held the belts until December 2018 for a good reign. While Lee Bennett retired in 2019 which resulted in the duos induction as a team, Robinson continues to wrestling at the age of 47, though he mostly puts over younger stars and is planning to retire soon.</span></p><p><span style="font-size:12px;">

</span></p><p>

Young Wrestler Of The Year: Motoyuki Miyake (TIER 1)</span></strong></p><p><strong><span style="font-size:14px;">

</span></strong></p><p>

Motoyuki Miyake made waves throughout Japan in 2016. Hired to be part of TIER 1's inaugural roster in May 2016, Miyake quickly established himself as their best young star, and he was their inaugural World Heavyweight Champion, having bulked himself up with muscle. He held the belt from June 2016 until January 2018, an astounding 19 month reign. Throughout 2016, his skills improved dramatically and PGHW and BHOTWG were both looking at him, but didn't hire him and he's now loyal to TIER 1. Now 24, 2020 could very well be the year of Miyake.</span></p><p><span style="font-size:12px;">

</span></p><p><strong><span style="font-size:14px;">

Veteran Wrestler Of The Year: Lee Bennett (NOTBPW)</span></strong></p><p><strong><span style="font-size:14px;">

</span></strong></p><p>

Lee Bennett had a great year in 2016. As previously mentioned, Bennett won the Ed Henson Memorial Tag Team Cup and the NOTBPW Tag Team Championships with Alexander Robinson. He had a series of great matches alongside Robinson, and was clearly determined to avoid time's grasp. Even upon retirement at age 50 in 2019, he was still a decent worker and quite reliable.</span></p><p><span style="font-size:12px;">

</span></p><p>

Female Wrestler Of The Year: Queen Amazon (OLLIE)</span></strong></p><p><strong><span style="font-size:14px;">

</span></strong></p><p>

Women's wrestling advanced greatly throughout 2016, but Queen Amazon was arguably the best female wrestler throughout 2016, and still is. Her Mujeres title reign in OLLIE from September 2015 to November 2016, a total of 14 months, cemented her as OLLIE's figurehead for their luchadora division. She had a series of great matches with them, and advanced womens wrestling in Mexico through her efforts. Now the booker of OLLIE and a figurehead of sorts for FFLL, she is continuing to amaze fans across Mexico with her efforts. She is also married to Gino Montero, with whom she has a son named Ramon. Despite being married to Montero, she has retained her ringname, and only passing mentions of their relationship is made on OLLIE TV. </span></p><p><span style="font-size:12px;">

</span></p><p>

Independent Wrestler Of The Year: Austin Smooth (USA)</span></strong></p><p><span style="font-size:14px;">

2016 was a great year for young American Austin Smooth. Still a young star, Smooth became a sensation on the American Indie Circuit, and companies across the country, and even CGC and NOTBPW in Canada watched him closely. He had sensational matches with other young workers like Regular Joe, carried drugged botchers like Lucas Danger to decent matches, and had great matches with ring veterans like Nathan Coleman. </span></p><p><span style="font-size:14px;">

</span></p><p>

Company Of The Year: 21CW</span></strong></p><p><strong><span style="font-size:14px;">

</span></strong></p><p>

21CW's best year has been 2016. With Tommy Cornell having returned in October 2015, 21CW had the world's best wrestler, and possibly best booker, on it's roster. They quickly took advantage of that, with Tommy getting paired with cousin Edward. In February 2016, Cornell was given the booking position, and he booked himself to turn on Edward. In a shocking turn of events, Tommy was revealed as Edward's surprise opponent in a triple threat match at World War 9. Tommy promised Edward he'd help Edward win, but during the match, as Edward was about to win, Tommy nailed him with a steel chair to pick up the win. Claiming Edward wasn't as good as him, Tommy beat Edward viciously, "injuring" him. Tommy's reign lasted throughout the rest of 2016, losing it to Dark Angel in January 2017 once Edward returned to cost him the title. Now an international company with their own network, 21CW's future looks extremely bright. </p><p>

Most Improved Company Of The Year: WLW</span></strong></p><p><strong><span style="font-size:14px;">

</span></strong></p><p>

In 2016, WLW continued to grow. Though they didn't reach national size until 2019, WLW's use of international talent allowed them to have great matches and grow throughout 2016. Early in the year, they partnered with CZCW, OLLIE, and ZEN and would use their workers regularly. WLW also helped the Modern Japan Movement rise, and is it's flagship promotion without a doubt.</span></p><p><span style="font-size:12px;">

</span></p><p>

Manager Of The Year: Floyd Goldworthy (TCW)</span></strong></p><p><strong><span style="font-size:14px;">

Announcer Of The Year: Duane Fry (SWF)</span></strong></p><p><strong><span style="font-size:14px;">

Color Commentator Of The Year: Naizen Uboshita (TIER 1)</span></strong></p><p><strong><span style="font-size:14px;">

Referee Of The Year: Michael Bull (NYCW)</span></strong></p><p><strong><span style="font-size:14px;">

</span></strong></p>

2017 End of Year Awards</span></strong></p><p><strong><span style="font-size:18px;">

Wrestler Of The Year: Valiant (SWF/TCW)</span></strong></p><p><strong><span style="font-size:14px;">

</span></strong></p><p>

Valiant's rise throughout 2017 was the most talked about story of the year. In early 2017, he got involved in a storyline against Angry Gilmore, who'd reverted to his real name and became an anti-sports entertainment wrestler. This led to a match between the two in the main event of Supreme Challenge 37. In one of the best matches of 2017, Valiant beat Gilmore to win his first SWF World (renamed Supreme) Championship. He only held the belt for four months, losing it back to Gilmore in November 2017. This was because he was about to accept an offer from TCW, which he accepted in December 2017. He made his big debut, and has since gotten two reigns as TCW World Heavyweight Champion and won the 2019 Hollywood Dreams Ladder Match.</span></p><p><span style="font-size:12px;">

</span></p><p>

Tag Team Of The Year: Cameron Jones and Syd Collier (MAW, NYCW)</span></strong></p><p><strong><span style="font-size:14px;">

</span></strong></p><p>

The Dynamite Express have managed to become the premier Indie team, and established in 2017. In December 2016, they won their fourth Mid Atlantic Tag Team Championships, which they held throughout 2017 until January 2018. This incredible 13 month reign was close to their two 15 month reigns they had during their 2nd and 3rd reigns with the belts, which are the record for the longest reign with those belts. In July 2017, they won the Sam Keith Classic, taking on multiple other teams from across the Indie Circuit. Outside of MAW, they were holding the COTT World Tag Team Titles, having won them in October 2016 and losing them in January 2018, establishing a 15 month record for that belt. They took a job with NYCW, and won the NYCW Tag Team Championships in May 2017, holding them until August 2018, which was a record for that belt at 15 months. Combined with a stellar set of matches throughout the year, these accomplishments earned them this award, and has made them the main team on the Indie Circuit. It's only a matter of time before a big company picks them up, with many believing they'll sign for either TCW, NOTBPW, or even both, which the duo has suggested they'd love to do. </span></p><p><span style="font-size:12px;">

</span></p><p>

Young Wrestler Of The Year: Matty Faith (RIPW)</span></strong></p><p><strong><span style="font-size:14px;">

</span></strong></p><p>

While Matty Faith has yet to capture his first RIPW Championship, his reign as RIPW USA Champion from December 2016 until October 2017 showed he had a lot of potential in him for the future. In a storyline, Faith agreed to work his way to an RIPW Title run instead of getting one because of his name, and aside from his two RIPW Tag Title reigns with Ranger, his RIPW USA Title reign was a stepping stone. He had a set of great performances against other workers in the company, and showed that he was going to be a serious star in the future.</span></p><p><span style="font-size:12px;">

</span></p><p>

Veteran Wrestler Of The Year: Jack Bruce (SWF)</span></strong></p><p><strong><span style="font-size:14px;">

</span></strong></p><p>

Despite holding no championships throughout 2017, Bruce remained a consistent main event presence in the SWF. He had great title matches with people such as Angry Gilmore and Valiant, and has been putting over more people since he lost the belt to Gilmore in July 2016. Although he had serious competition in this category, due to being one of many old guards who can still go, Bruce cemented his award win by putting on one of the best matches of 2017 when he beat Brandon James in a great hardfought match.</span></p><p><span style="font-size:12px;">

</span></p><p>

Female Wrestler Of The Year: Alicia Strong (USPW/NOTBPW)</span></strong></p><p><strong><span style="font-size:14px;">

</span></strong></p><p>

Despite starting 2016 on the shelf, Alicia quickly made up for it as she won the USPW Women's Championship for a fifth time in July 2016, holding it until May 2017. She put on a series of great matches alongside the other women there, and was positioned as USPW's figurehead for their women's division. However, in mid 2017, her contract expired, and NOTBPW negotiated with her. Despite USPW's hardest efforts and superior finances, Alicia decided she'd done all she could in USPW and left to join NOTBPW. She won their NOTBPW Womens Championship in October 2017 in a sensational match against fellow 2nd generation women's wrestler Brooke Tyler. Now one of NOTBPW's top women, she seems determined to replicate her father's success, but this time in every promotion with women's wrestling. </span></p><p><span style="font-size:12px;">

</span></p><p>

Independent Wrestler Of The Year: Hidekazu (Japan)</span></strong></p><p><strong><span style="font-size:14px;">

</span></strong></p><p><strong><span style="font-size:14px;"><span style="font-size:12px;">

Despite his age, Hidekazu is still doing his best to be a decent worker. He's been trying to get more work, but aside from short tours with PGHW, he's gotten nothing. With his old knee injury starting to come back to haunt him, it seems he'll finally retire by the time 2020 is over.</span></span></strong></p><p><strong><span style="font-size:14px;"><span style="font-size:12px;">

</span></span></strong></p><p><strong><span style="font-size:14px;">

Company Of The Year: TCW</span></strong></p><p><strong><span style="font-size:14px;">

</span></strong></p><p>

As 2017 began, it was obvious TCW was growing. Using TV deals with USA Sports 1 and putting on great matches was paying off, and TCW was actually making money. Ricky Dale Johnson, despite not being the head booker, was showing a lot of influence backstage and on the booking, and was changing the company. Somewhat due to the TCW World Heavyweight Championship reigns of Jay Chord and Joshua Taylor dominating 2017, TCW would go on to achieve great things, and they now have what is arguably the best roster in the world, with stars returning from Japan, a main event scene still young, and a set of younger future stars.</span></p><p><span style="font-size:12px;">

</span></p><p>

Most Improved Company Of The Year: OLLIE</span></strong></p><p><strong><span style="font-size:14px;">

</span></strong></p><p>

Gino Montero's rise helped OLLIE tremendously, especially throughout 2017. OLLIE's finances and popularity grew with Gino on top, and they started to rise back to glory. However, credit must also go to Phoenix I, who took over OLLIE in 2017 and began the "Golden Eagle Campaign". He revamped the company by pushing Gino hard, which helped the company get a TV deal, which also helped their finances and popularity. </span></p><p><span style="font-size:12px;">

</span></p><p>

Manager Of The Year: Jessie (SWF)</span></strong></p><p><strong><span style="font-size:14px;">

</span></strong></p><p>

Throughout the latter half of 2016 and all of 2017, Jessie was pushed as the Supreme brand's general manager. She excelled in this performance, and her heel turn alongside her husband's was shocking. She used her position to keep Gilmore on top, and fans consider her the best authority figure SWF has ever had.</span></p><p><span style="font-size:12px;">

</span></p><p>

Announcer Of The Year: Steve Smith (21CW)</span></strong></p><p><strong><span style="font-size:14px;">

Color Commentator Of The Year: Kyle Rhodes (TCW)</span></strong></p><p><strong><span style="font-size:14px;">

Referee Of The Year: Francis Long (CGC)</span></strong></p><p><strong><span style="font-size:14px;">

</span></strong></p>

<div style="text-align:center;"><p><strong><span style="font-size:18px;">

2018 End Of Year Awards</span></strong></p><p><strong><span style="font-size:18px;">

Wrestler Of The Year: Jay Chord (TCW)</span></strong></p><p><strong><span style="font-size:14px;">

</span></strong></p><p>

As Jay Chord looks to become as great as his father, 2018 was a major year for him in carving out his own legacy. Having already gotten one TCW World Heavyweight Championship reign from November 2016 until July 2017, he spent 2018 in the title scene, yet he didn't win the belt for the second time until July 2019, and he held the belt until December 2019. Despite not winning titles in 2018, he did end the year with one of the best matches of the year, winning the 3rd Hollywood Dreams Ladder Match in December 2018. He held the contract until July, when he successfully cashed it in.</span></p><p><span style="font-size:12px;">

</span></p><p>

Tag Team Of The Year: Chance Fortune and Darryl Devine (TCW)</span></strong></p><p><strong><span style="font-size:14px;">

</span></strong></p><p>

Devine Fortune spent 2016 as the TCW World Tag Team Champions, holding the belts from January 2016 until December 2016. However, just over a year later, they won the belts for the second time in January 2018, and held the belts until May 2019, at an astounding 16 month reign. During that reign, they had many great matches, which included their title winning bout against The New Wave, and defenses against Dude Inc, The Canadian Animals, The Wild Samoans, and their title loss against The Natural Athletes. Considered one of the best teams in TCW, as Fortune hits age 40 while Devine is only 36, it's only a matter of time before Devine is left on his own. </span></p><p><span style="font-size:12px;">

</span></p><p>

Young Wrestler Of The Year: Austin Smooth (USWF)</span></strong></p><p><strong><span style="font-size:14px;">

</span></strong></p><p>

Austin Smooth got hired by USWF to be on their inaugural roster when they opened in May 2018. Smooth was the inaugural USWF American Champion, and held the belt until December 2018. Smooth had many great matches in the company against the other young stars. After losing the title, Smooth showed he was moving up, after he won the inaugural Wrestling World Cup. Though he lost the title match in January 2019 in a triple threat match against champion Harvey Robbinfield and winner Matthew DeVille, he went on a crusade for the belt, eventually winning it a year after his cup win, and now looks to start 2020 out right as the USWF United States Heavyweight Wrestling Champion. </span></p><p><span style="font-size:12px;">

</span></p><p>

Veteran Wrestler Of The Year: Yoshimi Mushashibo (PGHW)</span></strong></p><p><strong><span style="font-size:14px;">

</span></strong></p><p>

The aging Yoshimi Musashibo is determined to not go out without a fight. Although he hasn't held a belt since losing the PGHW Glory Crown Championship in November 2016, he's had great matches against PGHW's younger generation of wrestlers. In the 2018 PGHW Elite Series, he put over Kozue Kawashima in the tournament final, and put over his protege Masaru Ugaki in the main event of Night of HONOUR, with Ugaki retaining the Glory Crown Championship over Musashibo. Now 44, Mushashibo looks to continue for a little longer, and although the hardhitting action of PGHW is taking it's toll, Musashibo has stated he refuses to retire for at least 3 more years. With the way he's fighting, he may not even be declined then.</span></p><p><span style="font-size:12px;">

</span></p><p>

Female Wrestler Of The Year: Fuyuhiko Higa (5SSW)</span></strong></p><p><strong><span style="font-size:14px;">

</span></strong></p><p>

Though the now two year 5 Star World Championship reign of Tomoko Nagatsuka has kept her from winning the title, Fuyuhiko Higa had a set of amazing matches throughout 2018 in 5SSW. In June 2018, she had an amazing tag team match, winning the 5 Star Tag Team titles for the fourth time with Gemmei Oonishi, beating Raku Makuda and Tomoko Nagatsuka. However, Higa pinned Makuda to win the belts, not Tomoko, and Tomoko has yet to be pinned or submitted by her or anyone else since late 2017. As 2020 begins, Higa might win the award once again if she can win that World title from Nagatsuka. </span></p><p><span style="font-size:12px;">

</span></p><p>

Independent Wrestler Of The Year: Sky King (Canada)</span></strong></p><p><strong><span style="font-size:14px;">

</span></strong></p><p>

Following ACPW's closure in June 2017, Sky King wasn't picked up by any company. He hit the Canadian Indie Circuit, and was soon making the rounds across the country. 2018 was his best year, as he improved some of his skills and put on some great matches in the hopes of getting picked up by someone, but somehow his efforts failed. Now one of Canada's best free agents, Sky King is busy appearing in Indie locker rooms as the veteran of the night.</span></p><p><span style="font-size:12px;">

</span></p><p>

Company Of The Year: SOTBPW</span></strong></p><p><strong><span style="font-size:14px;">

</span></strong></p><p>

2018 saw SOTBPW make massive advances in their expansion into America. Using their new Luchador Nacional network, they not only tightened their grip on Mexico to prepare for OLLIE's fight against them, but they also became what can be considered a cult sized company in America. Another reason for their growth was the storyline involving Champagne Lover slowly destroying The Infernal Horde. Going from 2016 until 2019, the storyline saw four of the stable's members leave SOTBPW over time, with Genio Verde being the first to leave in 2017, heading for CILL. In 2018, nobody left, but the storyline was the central topic of the company. Currently the 5th most important promotion in the world, SOTBPW don't look to give up their position anytime soon.</span></p><p><span style="font-size:12px;">

</span></p><p>

Most Improved Company Of The Year: TIER 1</span></strong></p><p><strong><span style="font-size:14px;">

</span></strong></p><p>

Although TIER 1 couldn't grow largely during 2016 or even 2017 due to opening shortly before the 2016 tsunami, 2018 saw TIER 1 recover quickly, and by the end of the year they'd managed to stop the large loss of money that occurred almost every month. Eikichi Itou's World Heavyweight title reign along with La Bingci's World Lightweight title reign helped TIER 1 to some degree, but figurehead Motoyuki Miyake's presence was a massive boost for the company.</span></p><p><span style="font-size:12px;">

</span></p><p>

Manager Of The Year: Laura Catherine Huggins (TCW)</span></strong></p><p><strong><span style="font-size:14px;">

Announcer Of The Year: Peter Michaels (USWF)</span></strong></p><p><strong><span style="font-size:14px;">

Color Commentator Of The Year: Emma Chase (SWF)</span></strong></p><p><strong><span style="font-size:14px;">

Referee Of The Year: Ric Young (SWF)</span></strong></p><p><strong><span style="font-size:14px;">

</span></strong></p>