The All Elite Wrestling Discussion Thread

Jaysin

I hope AEW finally breaks up Sammy turning on Jericho next week. If this is another swerve, I'll be pretty upset.

It was already played out that Sammy and Jericho nearly broke up last time. This time, the fans would react even worse.

Darby & Sting vs. Jericho & Guevara probably will pop a good rating next week if nothing else.

Jericho needs to put Sammy over while it still matters.

Edited by ColdBloodedSausageMaker
  • Like 1

- Cole vs MJF was my MOTN. PPV quality and Cole's best match in AEW.
- Thankfully a low key build to Punk's return. He needs to nail that Collision promo and keep his paranoia in check.
- Sammy definitely needs to leave JAS. Staaaaaang. Fun segment.
- SANADA open challenge!
- Darby, Sting, Lee & Cassidy vs Mogul Embassy was solid. NO...
- Wardlow (c) vs Hager was OK. AEW still having backstage audio issues is bad.
- MJF wants to relax the day of Forbidden Door. Sorry Tana.
- ZSJ & Shibata next week!
- Blue vs Storm (c) was good. Willow to the rescue.
- Jack shooting his shot and when he loses he'll turn on Hook.
- Finally more Collision matches announced.
- BCC vs HungBucks was great. Eddie! Take! Kenny! Ospreay!

Fantastic show.

Edited by milamber
  • Like 2

11 hours ago, milamber said:

- Cole vs MJF was my MOTN. PPV quality and Cole's best match in AEW.
- Thankfully a low key build to Punk's return. He needs to nail that Collision promo and keep his paranoia in check.
- Sammy definitely needs to leave JAS. Staaaaaang. Fun segment.
- SANADA open challenge!
- Darby, Sting, Lee & Cassidy vs Mogul Embassy was solid. NO...
- Wardlow (c) vs Hager was OK. AEW still having backstage audio issues is bad.
- MJF wants to relax the day of Forbidden Door. Sorry Tana.
- ZSJ & Shibata next week!
- Blue vs Storm (c) was good. Willow to the rescue.
- Jack shooting his shot and when he loses he'll turn on Hook.
- Finally more Collision matches announced.
- BCC vs HungBucks was great. Eddie! Take! Kenny! Ospreay!

Fantastic show.

I'm down for a Jack Perry turn. I thought we were going to see it a couple weeks back when he ran in and made the save with a chair.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Levinux said:

What did you guys think of Collision? It was nice to see some faces that haven't been on TV in a while. I hope the trend continues.

Overall a solid show. Punks promo started it off hot, Christian was the best part of the TNT Title match, Luchasaurus doesn’t have it to me and Wardlow has something but needs better booking. The woman’s match was lack luster, Miros return was nice to see, Andrade v Buddy had some good moments and I enjoyed the ending with the figure 8. The main event was the best match, Punk v Joe was palpable, Joe having Punk going to sleep was a good moment especially how FTR saved him. I’m looking forward to next week.

- Elton John would make more sense for the Wembley show than Collision. New set looks awesome.
- Punk's promo was mildly entertaining. Deluded heel who thinks he's still the company's babyface champion is an interesting angle.
- Luchasaurus vs Wardlow (c) was solid. Christian finally won a title!
- Buddy vs Andrade was my MOTN. Both working an injury was unique. Andrade needs LFI when Rush gets his visa sorted.
- Last chance for Scorpio to impress.
- Nese vs Miro was a solid squash. I appreciated the ROH continuity with the Varsity Atheletes crowd fitness gimmick.
- Outcasts vs Willow & Skye was good.
- I'm a fan of the Acclaimed but their segment was pointless.
- BCG & Joe vs CMFTRUNKS was good. Should have called an audible on JR.

Good show but I liked Dynamite better.

26 minutes ago, milamber said:

- Elton John would make more sense for the Wembley show than Collision. New set looks awesome.
- Punk's promo was mildly entertaining. Deluded heel who thinks he's still the company's babyface champion is an interesting angle.
- Luchasaurus vs Wardlow (c) was solid. Christian finally won a title!
- Buddy vs Andrade was my MOTN. Both working an injury was unique. Andrade needs LFI when Rush gets his visa sorted.
- Last chance for Scorpio to impress.
- Nese vs Miro was a solid squash. I appreciated the ROH continuity with the Varsity Atheletes crowd fitness gimmick.
- Outcasts vs Willow & Skye was good.
- I'm a fan of the Acclaimed but their segment was pointless.
- BCG & Joe vs CMFTRUNKS was good. Should have called an audible on JR.

Good show but I liked Dynamite better.

Deluded Heel? The crowd reaction didn't sound like he was a heel. This will be a situation I don't think I've ever seen where depending on who's in the crowd will determines Punk's reaction. It's not even like the Bret Hart situation cause I'll bet Punk gets good reactions in more than just Chicago. He'll get mixed crowds I'm guessing in alot of other cities.

• Like 1

It was a good show, but it was also a VERY safe show, if that makes sense. Totally agree about the Acclaimed segment being pointless. It was entertaining, but it was also the same thing we've seen multiple times before. That was time that could have been better used for another match. THREE shows now, and they STILL can only manage one women's match per show?

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Mootinie said:

That Punk promo was a brilliant advocate for this company hiring writers. I genuinely had no clue what he was on about for most of it. Vince Russo wrestlecrap nonsense. Why didn’t they just have Jay White interrupt him straight away?

Why would Jay do that? No one was listening to Punk so he could hype the main event. It was already booked and didn't need any extra fluff. Case in point, the crowd was molten for both the promo and the match so what they did worked as intended, obviously. 

The promo was straightforward and blunt. He told everyone that he is the most important person in AEW and the rest of the roster needs to come to terms with that, including the current champion.

Edited by Dalton
  • Like 4

4 hours ago, Matt_Black said:

It was a good show, but it was also a VERY safe show, if that makes sense. Totally agree about the Acclaimed segment being pointless. It was entertaining, but it was also the same thing we've seen multiple times before. That was time that could have been better used for another match. THREE shows now, and they STILL can only manage one women's match per show?

To be fair the women’s match was the worst match of the show imo.

I really enjoyed Collision. 

Probably my favorite AEW TV show this year. 

Loved Punk's promo and love the idea of him as an "uncrowned champion" since Punk never really lost the title -- he was stripped due to the incident at All-Out, and now that Punk is reinstated, you could argue he's the rightful champion. 

Thought the main event was match of the night. The fans were hot for it and the match teased Punk vs. Joe perfectly. The psychology in the match was great too.

Andrade vs. Buddy Matthews also looked great too. Will re-watch it and pay closer attention. Liked the post-match angle even with the pointless "flickering lights" gimmick. 

Andrade could be a huge babyface star for the company. 

I liked the Women's match. Skye Blue looks like a huge star and the audience was behind her. I thought the finish protected both teams without being overbooked too. 

Miro vs. Nese was a decent squash.

Wardlow vs. Luchasaurus was poor. Thought it was overbooked and went way too long. 

Luchasaurus needs some work in the ring and should slow it down more in there. 

Overall, a great show. Joe vs. Punk could really push AEW to the next level, especially with the old ROH footage to make the fight feel big.

A lot of storylines were set up here. I think we'll be able to judge the show a lot better with time.

• Like 1