The All Elite Wrestling Discussion Thread

Jaysin

- JAS vs BCC was good but the feud is running out of steam.

- Bowens vs Swerve was good. Music video was fun.

- Angry Joe vs Powerhouse vs Wardog. They should unify the 2 TV titles... ROH doesn't need one.

- DMD making valid points.

- Fox & Top Flight vs Death Triangle was my MOTN. Elite!

- Ricky getting an underdog babyface push.

- Egon vs Bandido was good.

- Appreciated the Takeshita/Akiyama video package.

- Jay vs Storm was solid. Beat me up Hayter sign lol.

- Main event segment felt rushed.

- Starks vs Archer was good.
- Moriarty vs HOOK (c) was good.
- Athena vs Rayne was solid. Athena clocking Aubrey 😮 Athena vs Mercedes is going to brutal.
- Spookyhausen. Love these HoB promos with Doug Bradley doing the voice-over.
- Kingston & Ortiz vs Akiyama & Takeshita was my MOTN.

I don't think I've ever heard a reaction like that from an AEW crowd like I did when Athena hit Aubrey. If you want to get someone over as a heel in AEW, that's how you do it. I just wish it was for someone organically getting over as a heel, and not someone who had been Ruby Soho'd and now they're scrambling to salvage what they can.

Man, Kingston vs Jun was awesome. So much fun. Eddie's genuine emotions were magically. It's a shame this was on Zero Hour. It was very good. Eddie is so special. He reminds me of DDP in some ways. Eddie's post match stuff was hilarious. Let him hype cards on a regular basis.

Also, it would be amazing if Eddie took the belt off MJF. I know that's highly unlikely, but man, Eddie as champ, even if briefly, would be awesome. 

Not sure if I'll make it through Full Gear or not tonight, but Zero Hour was enjoyable. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Jaysin said:

Man, Kingston vs Jun was awesome. So much fun. Eddie's genuine emotions were magically. It's a shame this was on Zero Hour. It was very good. Eddie is so special. He reminds me of DDP in some ways. Eddie's post match stuff was hilarious. Let him hype cards on a regular basis.

Also, it would be amazing if Eddie took the belt off MJF. I know that's highly unlikely, but man, Eddie as champ, even if briefly, would be awesome. 

Not sure if I'll make it through Full Gear or not tonight, but Zero Hour was enjoyable. 

If MJF was still a pure heel (and honestly, he's too popular to be anything but the cheating anti-hero now) I'd say Eddie is the perfect choice to eventually dethrone him. MJF is a cocky, good-looking, well built, rich kid, and Eddie... is not any of those things. They're not total opposites, but one can easily see the two coming in conflict. Stick both of those guys in a ring with a mic and let the magic happen.

- Factory vs CHAOS & Evilhausen - ***

- Cage vs Starks - *** 1/2

- Akiyama vs Kingston - *** 3/4

- Luchasaurus vs Jungle Boy (Steel Cage) - Crimson misk! - **** 1/2

- Death Triangle (c) vs The Elite - THEY GOT THE SONG! Fenix no! - **** 3/4

- Nyla vs Jade (c) - *** 1/4

- Claudio vs Danielson vs Sammy vs Jericho (c) - I assume Danielson wins the title at Final Battle. - **** 1/4

- Saraya vs DMD - *** 1/2

- Hobbs vs Joe vs Wardlow (c) - Shock result. Ricky should be next Champ. *** 3/4

- Sting & Darby vs Jarrett & Lethal - *** 1/2

- Hayter vs Storm (c) - HAYTERRR! One of the best women's matches in AEW history. **** 3/4

- Swerve in Our Glory vs Acclaimed (c) - Great selling from Bowens. Nice storytelling with Swerve & Lee. **** 1/4

- MJF vs Mox (c) - Regal you sonovabitch. **** 1/4

Top 3 matches: Hayter vs Storm, Death Triangle vs The Elite, Luchasaurus vs Jungle Boy

ezgif-1-ef43243feb.gif.3840d7e4c5113c1502aa4942bc3135e6.gif

Edited by milamber
  • Like 1

I love that Jade embraces her nerdy interests, but man, her Cheetara cosplay made her look so dumb and the match itself was ugly. Neither woman is in a position to be in charge of a match and yet they try to force it to happen. 

Nyla's character work has been much better than it has been in the past, but I still hate the fake champ stuff. I guess at least the TBS title and Jade got more than the usual "bitch" talk. 

Still have Hayter/Storm, Acclaimed/Swerve, and the main event to watch, but the show has been decent enough all around. Just too long. With the pre show, which had good matches, the show was five hours long and that's just asinine. 

• Like 1

- Danielson siding with Regal makes sense. Crowd is pro-Mox again, at least in Chicago.

- Lee & Swerve with palpable tension.

- Hager vs Cassidy (c) was solid. I groaned at QT's job squad until HoB showed up to wreck everyone. Best way to build them back up before going after the Trios titles.

- Egon vs Ricky was good.

- Velvet's back! Kiera fired 😮

- Elite vs Death Triangle 2 was great. Botched Buckshot Lariat! Biting the arm! GTS! Hammers! Crowd was hot but screw the idjits booing Elite and chanting for Punk. Don Callis works better when he can heel it up.

- Smart call to retroactively strip Rosa if she can't compete again this year. Britt wasting no time stealing Jamie's limelight.

- Hayter & DMD vs TayJay vs Willow & Blue was good.

- Acclaimed throwing shade at Lethal & JJ.

- Ishii vs Jericho (c) was my MOTN. Jericho clearly bladed his chest on the FITE feed.

• Confused 1