The All Elite Wrestling Discussion Thread

Jaysin

It feels like a waste that Swerve is going to head up a stable with two lumps of meat not worth a damn instead of getting a singles push. I really think he would have thrived on his own as a vicious baddie with trust issues stemming from his failure to form a tour de force with his absolute beast of a mate.

It feels as though they just want to do something easy because doing anything else would be a challenge and would require effort and creativity. There's nothing particularly sinister or novel about a heel who recruits some other dudes to do the dirty work for them, they are telling that story all over the show every single week. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Mootinie said:

It feels like a waste that Swerve is going to head up a stable with two lumps of meat not worth a damn instead of getting a singles push. I really think he would have thrived on his own as a vicious baddie with trust issues stemming from his failure to form a tour de force with his absolute beast of a mate.

It feels as though they just want to do something easy because doing anything else would be a challenge and would require effort and creativity. There's nothing particularly sinister or novel about a heel who recruits some other dudes to do the dirty work for them, they are telling that story all over the show every single week. 

I halfway agree with this. Like, Swerve doesn't need a goon squad to be great. It diminishes him. Now, if he'd recruited (for example) The Firm, Private Party (I know they're faces, but still), or someone like that? Someone who's been on television, in storylines, and around in general? I could get behind that. I mean, what are Los Ingobernables doing? I mean, this is some relative nobody and a guy who I don't know has ever left Dark. Hell, what are Peter Avalon's crew up to?

• Like 1

Rampage was pretty average for the most part yeah. I did enjoy the main event though. But I'm also a Double J fan, so clearly a little bias. 

I did really enjoy Max's pre-match rap, especially the Impact Zone line. 

Bringing up the Impact Zone when ROH is most likely going to film there is even funnier to me. 

- Danielson vs Egon was good. MJF back to his sky box antics.

- Joe's gonna kill you! Hangman is a bad patient.

- Mox & Claudio vs Top Flight was good.

- Big pop for HOOK. Fun squash and brawl. Southwest Airlines dig lol.

- Mogul Affilliates suck lol.

- Elite vs Death Triangle VI was my MOTN. I wish they would use split-screen more in these types of matches.

- Acclaimed music video was funny.

- TayJayAS vs Willow & Solo was good.

- Ricky!

- Wardlow vs Joe (c) was good. Joe disrespecting the hair. Darby!

Rumor has it Jericho is one of the main people saying they’ll stop Punk from returning. Not surprised he doesn’t want someone who’s a bigger star than him on the show. That’s why he wanted MJF to turn face. Then he could be the top heel. This AEW run has ruined his legacy in my eyes. He’s become one of the old wcw guys who holds people down. The old adage works here, “either you die a hero or live long enough to become the villain.”

[URL unfurl="true"]https://variety.com/2022/tv/news/most-watched-channels-2022-tv-network-ratings-1235475170/[/URL]

TBS average for 2021 was 875,000 (down from 1.03 million in 2021). TBS 18-49 average for 2022 was 0.29 (down from 0.37 in 2021).

TNT average for 2021 was 965,000 (down from 1.09 million in 2021). TNT 18-49 average for 2022 was 0.38 (down from 0.46 in 2021).

Edited by milamber

Sheesh, The Acclaimed are on another level. Their diss track on Lethal and Jarrett is smth else... maybe grilled them too much, actually.

Despite Jarrett getting demolished, the most hurtful thing was about Lethal on 1:12 imo. How can you recover after that?

• Like 1

- Trent vs Cassidy (c) was my MOTN.
- Great Sting promo.
- Kip vs Atiba was an OK squash.
- Vance improving at promos.
- Hogan vs Jade (c) was solid. Velvet about to turn on Jade.
- Hayter hits hard.
- Swerve vs Yuta was good. Killshot shoutout!

spacer.pngspacer.png

Edited by milamber

On 1/1/2023 at 4:21 AM, milamber said:

- Hogan vs Jade (c) was solid. Velvet about to turn on Jade.

Nope, not buying it. AEW has faked us out too many times this past year. Scorpio Sky, Jamie Hayter, Daniel Garcia, and MJF.

Credit where it's due, the match on Friday was one of Jade's best. While the outcome was never in any serious question, she did do a fair bit more selling than she usually does.

- The new stage setup and graphics look nice.
- Jericho vs Ricky was great. Action Andretti!
- A Lights Out match between Hangman & Mox would be fitting. Mics no-selling lol.
- Joe the King of TV and Promos.
- Lethal & Jarrett vs Total Nonstop Acclaimed (c) was good. Well-executed fakeout.
- "I'm the boss" lol.
- Danielson vs Nese was solid. Loved the post-match with MJF & Danielson. Ironman match!
- Swerve vs Fox was good. LU shoutout.
- Saraya picking Toni has to be a swerve. Maybe Toni or Saraya get taken out on Rampage. Punished Shida origin.
- Gunn Club segment was funny.
- Blue & Hogan vs Jade & Velvet was solid. Hopefully Jade losing Baddies sets up her 1st loss at Revolution.
- Rematch for the Tag Titles at BotB is meh. Danielson/Takeshita hype!
- Darby vs Joe (c) was my MOTN. Darby doesn't miss with his entrance videos. Nick Wayne sighting. Darby wrestled like it was a PPV.

Edited by milamber