The All Elite Wrestling Discussion Thread

Jaysin

- RIP Jay Briscoe
- Cassidy (c) vs Lethal was solid. The ringside stuff made it more entertaining.
- Top Flight vs Young Bucks was great. Loved the upset. FITE audio was distorted and the video choppy.
- Gunns/Acclaimed segment was fun. Hangman/Renee interview was interesting.
- Hager vs Starks was solid. Garcia is not a hugger.
- Danielson vs Bandido was my MOTN. I love it when Danielson leans into his technical game.
- MJF sounded like Negan. Can't wait for Shida to let loose and kick ass.
- Storm vs Willow was solid. Ruby next to turn heel?
- Rampage looks interesting. Takeshita!
- KUSHIDA vs Darby (c) was great.

- Jungle Boy vs Egon was solid. Jungle Hook still alive.
- Ortiz was right but he poked the bear. If Kingston fully turns he won't be in the title picture for a long time.
- Looking forward to Darby/Murphy.
- Mack vs Cage was solid. Mack should be signed.
- Jade & Grey vs Vanity Twins was a waste of a women's match.
- Garcia vs Andretti was my MOTN. Clean finish. I thought Sammy would cost Garcia.

5 hours ago, Jaysin said:

Mark Briscoe vs Jay Lethal is happening on Dynamite! TK must have convinced Warner to let him use the Briscoes. 

I wonder if it’s a one off or Mark will be allowed to be a regular. Also wanna know the name of the rep who stopped them in the first place hope they get found out and lambasted on social media.

According to Conrad and Tony Schiavone, Tony Khan has been supporting Jay's family in a lot of ways, including financially. Similar to how he took care of Brodie's family, but less publicized. I imagine Tony is who convinced Warner Discovery to lift the Briscoe Ban. 

It's a shame it took the death of one of them to make it happen. 

• Like 1

- JAS vs Andretti & Starks was good.

- Jay Briscoe video package was emotional.

- Buddy vs Darby (c) was good. NOAH footage was cool.

- BayBayFace.

- Egon & Hardy vs Jungle Hook was solid. Isiah lol.

- Acclaimed/Gunns therapy session was fine but unnecessary. Hangman on Rampage 😮

- Danielson vs Cage was good. Takeshita! There's no stopping the American Dragon.

- Storm vs Soho was solid. Toni & Britt both faking injuries lol.

- Timothy Thatcher! Emi Sakura finally on TV!

- Lethal vs Briscoe was my MOTN.

- Hangman vs Yuta was great. Death Rider was a nice touch.

- HoB finally turned someone to the dark side.

- Jarrett, Lethal & Satnam vs Best Friends was solid.

- These post-Dynamite interviews are effective.

- Tony in the Mudd after Hobbs beat him

- Fox & Top Flight calling their shot. Time for Swerve to rack up some wins. Velvet calling her shot. I'll be shocked if she wins.

- Emi vs Hayter was my Match of the Week. Mei & Akki was a nice surprise. Emi earned the right to be on TV more often.

9 hours ago, The Blonde Bomber said:

A question I’ve had for awhile and was curious if anybody actually knew the answer to it. When was the last time an AEW Dynamite show didn’t have some sort of post match attack or brawl at ringside or backstage? I’ve really been curious about this for sooo long cause it seems like it legit happens every week.

It happens every week with the other company too.

On 1/30/2023 at 9:10 PM, The Blonde Bomber said:

A question I’ve had for awhile and was curious if anybody actually knew the answer to it. When was the last time an AEW Dynamite show didn’t have some sort of post match attack or brawl at ringside or backstage? I’ve really been curious about this for sooo long cause it seems like it legit happens every week.

Probably never. Almost every episode of a weekly wrestling show since 1996 has had them.

15 minutes ago, Jaysin said:

So it wasn't enough for MJF to reuse his gauntlet of bad guys for the third or fourth time, but now JAS is doing the same thing at the same time. 

I know the roster is huge, but come on. At least try not doing the same gimmick in different stories. 

Tony should give some else the book for a bit, he's gotta be burnt out considering how much is on his plate. He should do what previous owners have done, have a booker who does a majority of the show and book storylines yourself when you have an idea you think will really draw. Ala, Bill Watts, Eddie Graham, etc.

- Mox vs Hangman was great. Last Man Standing at Revolution?
- Rare women's segment in the 1st hour. Bunny putting some respect on Emi Sakura's name.
- Acclaimed squash was OK. 80s jobbers are fun. Things getting real with Billy and Sons.
- Jungle Boy getting a singles push this year.
- Takeshita vs Cage was very good. 1st big win for Take!
- Another gauntlet storyline just to do a rematch is dumb but at least it's a single match.
- Nick never misses.
- Danielson vs Thatcher was good. Enjoying the Takeshita/MJF build. MJF's got deep pockets and his spanish is mid.
- Velvet vs Jade (c) was good.
- Ruby stuck in the middle. Where's Shida?
- Joe vs Darby (c) was my MOTN. Loved the thumbtack jacket and that was least brutal part of the match. Wardlow back. I thought Hobbs would be next Champ but I guess not yet.

2 hours ago, Jaysin said:

So it wasn't enough for MJF to reuse his gauntlet of bad guys for the third or fourth time, but now JAS is doing the same thing at the same time. 

I know the roster is huge, but come on. At least try not doing the same gimmick in different stories. 

Yeah, but MJF isn't making Danielson do it in one night, that's a key difference, there.

1 hour ago, Matt_Black said:

Yeah, but MJF isn't making Danielson do it in one night, that's a key difference, there.

I didn't even catch that in the JAS promo and assumed it was a weekly thing until I saw a graphic later on elsewhere. Not sure how I missed it 

4 hours ago, Jaysin said:

I didn't even catch that in the JAS promo and assumed it was a weekly thing until I saw a graphic later on elsewhere. Not sure how I missed it 

Same. The promo was unclear and I didn't realize until later.

Edited by milamber