The All Elite Wrestling Discussion Thread

Jaysin

- Briscoe & Lucha Bros vs Daivari, Nese & Woods - *** 1/4
- Jericho vs Starks - Judas Block was cool. - *** 1/2
- Christian vs Jungle Boy - Turtleneck gear lol. Pretty creative Buried Alive match. ****
- House of Black vs The Elite - New Champs! Need some Kenny singles now. **** 1/4
- Soho vs Saraya vs Hayter (c) - Enjoyed the Ruby turn. Poor cameraman. *** 1/2
- Hangman vs Mox - Hanger's special theme was cool. Fork! Crazy death match. **** 1/2
- Wardlow vs Joe (c) - Hobbs better win on Dynamite. *** 1/2
- JJJ vs Orangehausen vs The Acclaimed vs The Gunns (c) - FTR! *** 1/2
- Danielson vs MJF (c) - My new favorite AEW match ever. *****

Above average PPV with a few memorable matches and strong booking. Only 1 women's match was disappointing. 10 matches or less including pre-show should be the standard going forward.

6 hours ago, John Lions said:

Orange Cassidy, the All Atlantic champion who beat PAC for the belt and has the most non-Jade title defenses in AEW history? Who, after his feud with Jericho, obliterated the HFO and then beat Adam Cole in a Light's Out match? Adam Cole, who has been a front and center poster boy for AEW and has only lost to OC and Hangman?

The All-Atlantic win was almost TWO years after the win over Jericho, and I can't say as Orange "obliterated" the HFO, as the feud went on for months (and I said Jericho's feuds overstay their welcome) until Matt Hardy went over at the end of it.

• Like 1

- It's International Women's Day and you know what that means... only 1 women's match as usual 🤦 At least they got 2 promos segments.
- Cassidy (c) vs Lethal was solid... but I would prefer less repetitive title challengers. Archer and Takeshita should be next 2 champs.
- The Juice is loose. I hope Starks is the one to dethrone MJF.
- Blue vs Soho was solid. A rare women's live mic segment and Ruby killed it. Willow is too nice for her own good.
- Hangman looking worse for wear. MJF with a great promo. Big pop for FTR.
- Allie is the obvious choice for Jade but Taya Valkyrie and LuFisto are free agents...
- JAS vs Fox Flight was solid. I knew the Elite would come out instead of HOB. Callis with the burn.
- TK on Dynamite. Level Up lol. All-Atlantic never made sense anyway.
- God-tier promo from Danielson.
- BCC vs Dark Order was solid. BCC heel turn complete.
- Hobbs vs Wardlow (c) was my MOTN. Starting backstage was a smart call. I like QT as enhancement talent but he doesn't need to be involved in a big storyline like this.

Just finished Dynamite, I'm very confused by the QTV shirt. Excalibur made a comment about it, but there was zero explanation. I haven't missed any episodes of Dynamite or Rampage, but I have terrible memory. Is there some sort of relevancy or a prior usage of "QTV"?

1 hour ago, Jaysin said:

Just finished Dynamite, I'm very confused by the QTV shirt. Excalibur made a comment about it, but there was zero explanation. I haven't missed any episodes of Dynamite or Rampage, but I have terrible memory. Is there some sort of relevancy or a prior usage of "QTV"?

They've just had some subliminal cuts to it right before or after commercial on all their shows (Dark/Elevation/Dynamite/Rampage) but no one talked about it on any segment, similar to the segments they did for the Elite when they were coming back from suspension. I think QT tweeted that we'll get the "first episode" of QTV next week on Dynamite, while implying he was the one to break into Wardlow's car (he did seem to show up with the stolen TNT title, though the announcers never addressed it), so hopefully that answers some of the question marks coming from the end of Dynamite.

6 minutes ago, John Lions said:

They've just had some subliminal cuts to it right before or after commercial on all their shows (Dark/Elevation/Dynamite/Rampage) but no one talked about it on any segment, similar to the segments they did for the Elite when they were coming back from suspension. I think QT tweeted that we'll get the "first episode" of QTV next week on Dynamite, while implying he was the one to break into Wardlow's car (he did seem to show up with the stolen TNT title, though the announcers never addressed it), so hopefully that answers some of the question marks coming from the end of Dynamite.

That explains it. I typically tune out the second I realize it's going to a commercial. 

- MJF Re-Bar Mitzvah was entertaining. Jungle Jabroni! Sammy! Dangerous Darbs! That was a lot of potential feuds set up in a single segment.
- BCC vs Hangman & Dark Order was great. Nice to see Stu again.
- Juice is a fun promo guy.
- Matthews vs Jade (c) had me fuming because it was so short. Thankfully Taya showed up.
- QTV was a bit too cheesy.
- JJ vs Cassidy (c) was solid. I like OC but it's almost time for him to drop the belt.
- More promo time for the women's division is a step in the right direction. Street Clothes Riho!
- Fenix singles matches are a rare treat.
- Trios Triple Threat was my MOTN. Kenny & Jericho team-up spots were fun. Brawl!

Firstly, I enjoy AEW for the most part but they really need to sort the way their referees are used because it is at a stage where I'm about to turn off as none of the matches mean anything with referees who show zero authority or are as lax with the rules as their entire referee roster is.

I understand they are just doing what the writers say they need to do but I think I rolled my eyes more during the first 2 matches on Dynamite last night than I ever have. The whole "stop the faces so the heels can double team" trope is good when done properly but you can't watch a match now without the referees looking like complete idiots. Paul Turner during the main event told Kenny to get back in the ring 8 or 9 times before actually starting the 10 count.

To me, the referee is an important part of match flow and psychology, but when they are all made to look as inept as Turner, Bryce and Aubrey were last night, I start to lose interest. That 1st Triple Threat match was a complete joke, ruined by Bryce constantly stopping the faces entering to save their partner despite the heels double teaming right in front of him! In that situation Bryce is either a corrupt heel official or a complete inept moron. Aubrey was just as bad in the tag team match and Turner may as well have been a potato for all the authority he exerted in the main event match. Every single AEW match with multiple people has this going on and shows no one in that company seems to know how to book multi-man matches without the referee looking like a slapstick buffoon.

It's lazy match booking. If none of your match rules are enforced during normal 1 fall rules then Non-DQ matches etc mean nothing. 

- Interesting whodunnit storyline for the show.
- OC, Darby & Sting vs Kip, Butcher & Blade was solid. House show continuity.
- Top Flight vs The Gunns (c) was solid. FTR with the huge stipulation. Smart playing into the contract rumors.
- Jade is salty.
- Stoke vs Hook was a fun squash.
- Cole needs to challenge MJF this year while he's super over. After that I'd love to see a heel faction of Cole, Jay White, Juice & Garcia.
- Stu vs Mox was good. No blood 😮
- Ricky's sick of this bleep. I don't see QTV lasting long.
- Blue vs Storm was good. Riho & Willow to the rescue but still no Shida.
- Vikingo vs Omega was a TV MOTY Contender. Hot from start to finish. Kenny singles matches are a treat. Vikingo is awesome. Hangman stole an ambulance! Don you sly sonuvabitch lol.

Edited by milamber