The All Elite Wrestling Discussion Thread

Jaysin

59 minutes ago, aXminster said:

I was expecting London but I was not expecting Wembley. This is HUGE!

When they announced London, I was "Eh" but then they said "Wembley" and I was "Oooh...!"

And if it's ALL IN, then they need to sign Aldis, if they haven't already and are keeping it on the downlow.

- Wasting no time debuting Switchblade!
- Lee finally getting a match.
- House of Black (c) vs Best Friends was good. Sue in the minivan!
- Christian back form the dead. New mask for Luchasaurus.
- Riho vs Hayter (c) was my MOTN. Awesome chemistry.
- JAS/Acclaimed segment was OK. It's an entertaining way to kick off a feud.
- MJF the stylish pride of Long Island. Fun musical number. This Joe guy is a good promo. Storytime with MJF. Don't be a stupid bitch! I thought it was Darby in disguise not Jack lol.
- Sammy vs Kommander was good. Solid promo from Sammy.
- Ego vs HOOK (c) was a dud match but I'm enjoying the Ethan/Hardy storyline. Screw that idiot with the Bully Ray signs.
- All In at Wembley Stadium! I wonder what attendance they'll get.
- BCC's entrance lasted longer than their match. Unhinged wrestling elitist Danielson is great. Lone cowboy got messed up.
- FTR vs The Gunns (c) was solid. Gunns theme song was cool. New champs!

- Page vs HOOK (c) was solid.
- QTV better this week.
- Wasn't expecting JAS to turn on Acclaimed yet.
- Moriarty vs Darby was solid. Not even a car can put Darby down.
- Swerve & The Embassy is a big upgrade from Parker & Trench.
- RJ City TV debut! Taya sounded good.
- Anna vs Julia was my MOTN. Happy Julia is finally wrestling on TV.

The usual Rampage. Easy watch but nothing outstanding.

- Cassidy (c) vs Dralistico was solid. Cassidy interrupting Julia's exit lol.
- Mark segments are always fun.
- Billie vs Jade (c) was solid. Shame Billie she can't use Blink 182 for her entrance.
- Hobbs & QT vs Lucha Bros (c) was my MOTN.

BOTB should be scrapped. Titles never changing hands and the bad time slot makes it pointless.

8 hours ago, FellaLibby said:

I can't be the only person who has baited breath about Jeff Hardy being back, can I? Like, how long can Jeff keep his head clean before something, anything, happens with him?

At this point I don't even care about him anymore. What I care about are the people that are in danger because of him.
How many more second chances are you getting until you kill someone just like Sunny did?

And I'm not even going to talk about in-ring. Jeff and Matt's bodies are so banged up that they can barely move.

I too have reservations, BUT they kept him off TV for nearly a year, and I don't think Tony Khan would go ahead unless he was as sure as he could be that Jeff was going to stay clean this time. Hopefully, the fact that many friends and family are on the roster should help things, being a support system in place.

In my opinion, Tony Khan and AEW thus far have handled the situation very well. I mean, it's not like the incident happened and then they put the tag titles on him for a record setting title reign. Could you IMAGINE if any wrestling company did something like that? It's almost too ludicrous an idea to even imagine!

• Haha 1

- Darby vs Swerve was great. I hope Swerve starts winning soon. GMSI on Cage's trunks lol. Darby has gotten very good at promos. It's Stang.....'s Bitch! That was fun. Didn't like the Flair shoutout, though.
- Hobbs squash was quick. Charlie on Dynamite. The car didn't last long lol. Wardlow smash.
- Bullet Club Gold sounds better than Bang Bang Gang.
- Buddy vs Cassidy (c) was my MOTN.
- I like Luchasaurus' new mask.
- Not keen on Jeff returning. One more strike and TK has to let him go. Light schedule, tag matches only and no crazy moves.
- Serious Kenny is refreshing.
- BCC vs Cutler & Nakazawa was bloodier than I expected. Bucks return was too quick. I thought Takeshita would be Kenny's backup. Where was Danielson?
- Riho & Blue vs Storm & Soho was solid but too short. Outcasts need new stable members ASAP to progress the storyline.
- Jericho vs Lee was solid. Sneaky Swerve. Baybay & Bearcat.

Edited by milamber

1 hour ago, milamber said:

- Riho & Blue vs Storm & Soho was solid but too short. Outcasts need new stable members ASAP to progress the storyline.

I absolutely agree that this story needs to MOVE, but I think we'll see someone added on the other side first. Riho is at best a secondary foil to the Outcasts, with the main opposition being Hayter, Britt, and a third person. That third person? I think we might be seeing Thunder Rosa back soon....

6 minutes ago, Matt_Black said:

I absolutely agree that this story needs to MOVE, but I think we'll see someone added on the other side first. Riho is at best a secondary foil to the Outcasts, with the main opposition being Hayter, Britt, and a third person. That third person? I think we might be seeing Thunder Rosa back soon....

Hopefully she leaves the sandbags at home this time. 

10 minutes ago, Matt_Black said:

Rosa & Britt in the same group would be interesting but there's been no news about her recovery. Deeb is still injured and Shida is in Japan. Nyla could be added but would have to be turned babyface (should have happened by now anyway). Jade is busy until Stat returns.

My ideal lineups would be:

Saraya, Storm, Soho, Athena, Taya

DMD, Hayter, Riho, Shida, Willow

Edited by milamber

6 hours ago, Jaysin said:

Hopefully she leaves the sandbags at home this time. 

Oh, come now, you don't actually believe that? I mean, the main accusation centers around her match with Marina Shafir, who isn't that good (she looks, talks, and wrestles like an alien parasite who took over an actual wrestler and is poorly mimicking what SHOULD be done). And, if the timeline is correct, Thunder might have been injured back then.

5 hours ago, Matt_Black said:

Oh, come now, you don't actually believe that? I mean, the main accusation centers around her match with Marina Shafir, who isn't that good (she looks, talks, and wrestles like an alien parasite who took over an actual wrestler and is poorly mimicking what SHOULD be done). And, if the timeline is correct, Thunder might have been injured back then.

Attempted humor really doesn't translate well without emojis I guess. 

I think Rosa is overrated to a degree, but I am a fan nonetheless.