The All Elite Wrestling Discussion Thread

Jaysin

Fun opener even if the tag rules are apparently just never going to be enforced ever. Little shocked Page lost. I wonder who Omega's All Out challenger is now?

Santana and Ortiz vs FTR was fun but way too short. Hopefully they come back to this one and we get the banger they are more than capable of having. Does anyone know how Wheeler's arm got cut open? It was gushing blood like crazy.

I popped as usual for Meng. Hikuleo didn't really get to do much and that's a shame. Excited for Archer vs Tana though.

Malakai's black eye gets darker every week. Is that intentional or just inconsistent make up?

Christian and Jurassic Express vs HFO was super short, but they squeezed a lot in. Blade vs Christian could be fun, but I wish Blade would drop the brass knuckles gimmick. It's lame.

I really like Julia Hart. She's adorable, spunky, and improves almost every outing. That said, Rosa outclasses her in every way. They did a good job showcasing Rosa and making Julia look as inexperienced as she is without making her look bad. Good booking here.

Gage and Jericho....ehhhh...I'm not a deathmatch guy. It was whatever. I don't like Nick Gage that's for sure. He has an undeniable connection to his niche audience, but he does nothing for me. I watched his match with Cardona and now this match with Jericho and I just hope I never have to sit through anything involving him again. His falcon arrow was the ugliest I've ever seen. Dude can take an unreal amount of punishment and that's respectable, but it just does nothing for me I guess. I don't mind hardcore matches and such when they're in a story with a heated rivalry, but guys who only do deathmatches? Yuck.

MJF messed up when he said it's been 15 years since Juventud had been on TNT...In September it'll be 21 years since his last appearance on Nitro.

Darby's challenge to "the best in the world" at Rampage in Chicago is more trolling/teasing. Interested to see if it's actually Punk.

Saw on twitter that Wheeler collided his arm with the turnbuckle post and he started gushing blood

Saw on twitter that Wheeler collided his arm with the turnbuckle post and he started gushing blood

Man that's crazy. Hopefully he's okay. I knew something was wrong immediately, but figured it was an internal injury until I saw that gusher. Hopefully he doesn't have to miss any time. FTR are an unreal team.

Also, the Chicago show is called First Dance. How funny would it be if they keep teasing CM Punk and it ends up being Fandango? :p

Man that's crazy. Hopefully he's okay. I knew something was wrong immediately, but figured it was an internal injury until I saw that gusher. Hopefully he doesn't have to miss any time. FTR are an unreal team.

Also, the Chicago show is called First Dance. How funny would it be if they keep teasing CM Punk and it ends up being Fandango? :p

I feel like that interview Tony Kahn gave to the post basically confirmed both signings.

I know all he would say is " I can't comment on those matters" but when you are directly asked "Do you guys have these guys under contract, currently"

you have to have them signed/ completely wrapped up to say that if your not an idiot, and I don't think Tony is.

because a guy like Tony has to know that "I can't comment on those matters" is going to throw the hype machine into overdrive and AEW better now deliver, because wrestling fans (and I'm including myself) are hype children and now everyone is like "OOOOHHHH! he can't way because they are debuting soooooon!" whether that's logical or not ha.

If you had ANY doubt you had these guys in house, you HAVE to go "not right now" or something there don't you?

I want Punk and Bryan(and many others actually) in AEW just as much as every other AEW fan, but maybe it's just being conditioned by TNA's prime years that when they tease something, it's rarely what everyone thinks. I will pop for Bryan or Punk big time. I just don't want to get myself worked up.

That said, remember when TNA and Jericho teased him signing with the company and all that ended up happening was TNA using Fozzy's song "Enemy" as a ppv theme? Man, good song, but what a huge let down.

Also, AEW would have to be crazy not to try and capitalize on the hype the rumors of Punk and Bryan signing is generating for the company. Even if it's not true, they can lean into it without lying to the fans.

I want Punk and Bryan(and many others actually) in AEW just as much as every other AEW fan, but maybe it's just being conditioned by TNA's prime years that when they tease something, it's rarely what everyone thinks. I will pop for Bryan or Punk big time. I just don't want to get myself worked up.

That said, remember when TNA and Jericho teased him signing with the company and all that ended up happening was TNA using Fozzy's song "Enemy" as a ppv theme? Man, good song, but what a huge let down.

Also, AEW would have to be crazy not to try and capitalize on the hype the rumors of Punk and Bryan signing is generating for the company. Even if it's not true, they can lean into it without lying to the fans.

ehhh I dunno man

I think a bunch of people took the HUGE NEWS!!! moments that turned out to be Miro and Christen as big let downs. I can't imagine they are trolling this hard and then are going to be like "HAHA!"

Half the reason they are growing right now is because they are the anti-WWE in that they basically deliver on promises to fans, both with storylines actually having a point and pushing guys and gals the crowd likes

It's not like they are TNA, and should be happy to be remembered as a wrestling show by the non-hardcore fan. They are building a real brand here.

Hell, even my friends who don't know anything about wrestling other than WWE exists now at least know there is another show on TNT

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Eisen-verse" data-cite="Eisen-verse" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46243" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Jericho vs. Gage was unnecessary garbage.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I never want to see Gage again.</p>

I didn't mind it as a one off in this storyline actually. I don't need to see Gage again though

But 100% get if these matches aren't your cup of tea. My wife (who loves AEW) turned to me before the match (she's seen the dark side of the ring on Cage) and was like "have a good night, let me know who wins" and headed to bed

but yea, fits with what they are doing to have Jericho go through his gimmicks

100000% we are getting top knot WCW "Lionheart" Jericho next week and I am here for it :D

edit: also, not really a tough prediction but 100% he's going to win with the lionsault off the top. Just don't kill each other please guys.

Like it or hate it, it was a resounding success from a ratings standpoint.

Line of the night, however, goes to Miro- "There are two things that motivate me, and that's a Vengeful God and a double-jointed wife!"

The ratings also showed that people were pissed when Hangman lost. I trust them enough to see where this is going but it definitely felt like this was the time to pull the trigger for Hangman.

Like it or hate it, it was a resounding success from a ratings standpoint.

Line of the night, however, goes to Miro- "There are two things that motivate me, and that's a Vengeful God and a double-jointed wife!"

Ratings were down from last week from what I read. Still a good number, but seems people weren't as interested in this week's main event as last week's.

Ratings were down from last week from what I read. Still a good number, but seems people weren't as interested in this week's main event as last week's.

Overall viewership was down 3%, demo was UP 1%. And that's against the Olympics, last week was not.

I am subscribed to Wrestlenomics and the guy there lays everything out in detail. Last week's main event had 1.181 million, this week had 1.179 million, so only a 2,000 difference for the main.

Overall viewership was down 3%, demo was UP 1%. And that's against the Olympics, last week was not.

I am subscribed to Wrestlenomics and the guy there lays everything out in detail. Last week's main event had 1.181 million, this week had 1.179 million, so only a 2,000 difference for the main.

Still the fourth highest rated Dynamite, which is not too shabby.

Also, if Domino's pulls out, Pabst Blue Ribbon has already said they want in.

<p>Bray leading Dark Order would be so bad lol. They've got like zero credibility as super scary dark guys and no Bray repackaging there would help.</p><p> </p><p>

AEW could stand to cool off on the big name signings after Punk and Bryan anyway. Not exactly hitting a great strike rate with them recently.</p>

The ratings also showed that people were pissed when Hangman lost. I trust them enough to see where this is going but it definitely felt like this was the time to pull the trigger for Hangman.

I mean they recovered within 15 minutes but ok.

one 15 minute segment dipping under 1 million while posting your 4th highest show ever seems like an odd reason to re-book an entire feud.

Save that crap for WWE

AEW doesn't need Wyatt. I hope there are no more big signings for male talent at least until early next year. Let the roster breathe a little. The women's division could use someone like Tessa though.

I don’t know man. Having Bray on AEW (with creative freedom) could be really interesting. He doesn’t need to become World Champion. He’s more of a character-based scenario.

I mean they recovered within 15 minutes but ok.

one 15 minute segment dipping under 1 million while posting your 4th highest show ever seems like an odd reason to re-book an entire feud.

Save that crap for WWE

First when did I say they should rebook the entire feud? I simply stated a fact. People are so invested in the Hagman story that 300k people changed the station. Yes, they came back, but they were upset with Hangman losing.

Second the Dark Order, since Brodie was brought in, are not a super dark supernatural cult. They were a cult in the style of Scientology. Since Brodie passed they have shifted to being more of a family.

I don’t know man. Having Bray on AEW (with creative freedom) could be really interesting. He doesn’t need to become World Champion. He’s more of a character-based scenario.

I feel like his style is just so WWE. But he was molded by the company since forever, couldn't be any different. It's the same as Strowman.

Maybe he could be brought down the line but I hope it's not before Revolution. The roster is already filled with great wrestlers and there's two superstars on the way. Could be cool to see him interact with The Dark Order in some way.

First when did I say they should rebook the entire feud? I simply stated a fact. People are so invested in the Hagman story that 300k people changed the station. Yes, they came back, but they were upset with Hangman losing.

Well, there was a DirecTV blackout for about seven minutes during that quarter, even though we are never gonna know how much did it affect the rating. I believe some people did change the channel because of Hangman losing, but not 300k. Also the Olympics are on, people could just be taking a break by channel surfing to see what's going on.

I feel like his style is just so WWE. But he was molded by the company since forever, couldn't be any different. It's the same as Strowman.

Maybe he could be brought down the line but I hope it's not before Revolution. The roster is already filled with great wrestlers and there's two superstars on the way. Could be cool to see him interact with The Dark Order in some way..

I agree with you there. His style is very WWE in the ring. He won’t pull off jaw-dropping masterpieces BUT he’s always been great with telling a story. Book him against Darby Allin.

The thing is, AEW would need to make sure (whoever they bring in) they make their “homegrown talent” appear as equals (ie: Darby, Hangman, etc).

Look, they are not going to book somebody else against Omega at All Out. This is classic wrestling story-telling- the red-hot babyface has just been screwed out of a title opportunity by those no good cheating heels. There's seemingly NO WAY that they're going to get a title shot now. (Spoiler- they almost always find a way.)