Rejoining Alliance Rejection

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Jomosensual" data-cite="Jomosensual" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46343" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Have you tried adding a new player as one of the alliance members and then inviting yourself? I don't know if that will work, just the first idea that comes to mind</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Yeah, I tried this one early on, but it either says that I can't invite player controlled companies, or if I leave it says that the company has no interest in joining.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Historian" data-cite="Historian" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46343" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Generally speaking, if you leave an alliance it creates a hostile relationship with the other companies that were in the alliance. I don't think you can rejoin as long as the relationships are hostile. <p> </p><p> I'd check that first.</p></div></blockquote><p> I went through and managed to get all of them back to being working relationships, and still get the same issue. Pretty stumped at this point</p>

• 3 weeks later...
I hate it when promotions get hostile towards me for leaving an alliance. I always leave the Modern Japan Movement as 5SSW, since no other Japanese promotion uses women, and I leave the COTT as OLLIE once I start preparing to battle SOTBPW. In TEW 2020, it should be made where when you leave an alliances, they won't get hostile towards you.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Matt_Black" data-cite="Matt_Black" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46343" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Maybe Editing relationships so that your company's own is friends with all the other companies' owners?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> If you're going to use the editor, couldn't you just edit yourself back into the alliance?</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Steven James" data-cite="Steven James" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46343" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I hate it when promotions get hostile towards me for leaving an alliance. I always leave the Modern Japan Movement as 5SSW, since no other Japanese promotion uses women, and I leave the COTT as OLLIE once I start preparing to battle SOTBPW. In TEW 2020, it should be made where when you leave an alliances, they won't get hostile towards you.</div></blockquote><p> It's realistic, though, isn't it? Maybe it shouldn't happen all the time, but leaving an alliance is not a friendly move.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Kingster" data-cite="Kingster" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46343" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>It's realistic, though, isn't it? Maybe it shouldn't happen all the time, but leaving an alliance is not a friendly move.</div></blockquote><p> Sure, but I mean, I don't think that when NJPW left the NWA, some promotions became hostile towards them. Also, in CornellVerse terms, if a promotion like OLLIE left COTT, why would the other members get hostile? Each company seems friendly. I think OLLIE even has a working agreement with CZCW. The same could go for 5SSW, who's in the Modern Japan Movement, despite literally having nothing to do in it, because no other Japanese promotion uses women.</p>

• 4 months later...
Maybe Editing relationships so that your company's own is friends with all the other companies' owners?

i think this might help. You have working relationship with the companies but what is your owner's or your personal relationships with the other owners/bookers?

Leaving an alliance is like giving them the finger so can we why you can’t rejoin.

But what if it's a mutual agreement to leave the alliance? We should have an option to do that. Especially with the COTT, who only allows in small and regional companies, so it looks odd when as CZCW or OLLIE you become cult or even national in this alliance meant for small promotions.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Steven James" data-cite="Steven James" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46343" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>But what if it's a mutual agreement to leave the alliance? We should have an option to do that. Especially with the COTT, who only allows in small and regional companies, so it looks odd when as CZCW or OLLIE you become cult or even national in this alliance meant for small promotions.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> </p><p> In my games once a member spends X amount of time above the limit it gets booted with no ill will apparent. At the same time I've seen various degrees of hostility break out between members and they still work together through the alliance.</p>

<p>Maybe it should take into account intent.</p><p> </p><p>

If I leave and start poaching people from the other promotions, that should tick them off.</p><p>

If I leave and start taking on one of their biggest rivals, there should be no ill will.</p><p>

Those would be the two extremes of course. Certainly other situations where maybe you were really close with one company, sharing workers, etc so they may no longer like you if you leave, but others would have no issue with you doing so.</p>