TEW 2020 - Whose careers excite you the most?

This is similar to the what you expect to happen thread.

What wrestlers are you most excited to find out about their career path in 2020? Which guy do you fully expect to retire? What rookies are you keen to see develop in the 4 years past? What do you think their careers will look like?

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="HiPlus" data-cite="HiPlus" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46360" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>This is similar to the what you expect to happen thread. <p> </p><p> What wrestlers are you most excited to find out about their career path in 2020? Which guy do you fully expect to retire? What rookies are you keen to see develop in the 4 years past? What do you think their careers will look like?</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I’m most excited for El Mitico Jr who I think will have been finally picked up full time by a major Mexican company and be turning into a top star in lucha libre. </p><p> </p><p> I think Greg Gauge is going to be a backbone/work horse of a major company. Maybe not the world champion level star, but definitely a big deal. </p><p> </p><p> Those are who I’m most excited about.</p>

<p>I am most excited to see how some of the guys in RIPW turn out. Mostly Spencer Spade and Primus Allen</p><p> </p><p>

I am also excited to see if Logan Wolfsbaine gets picked up by a top company. Part of me wants to see him in PGHW maybe have a decent run with Raymond, or Raymond's son (James?) going to PGHW.</p>

<p>Marshall Dillon, Running Wolf and Jay Chord should be major contributors in top American companies. </p><p> </p><p>

Foxxy LaRue should be the baddest chick in wrestling. </p><p> </p><p>

KitoGuchi should be leading PGHW and Razan Okomoto should be leading Burning Hammer with Matthew Keith.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Historian" data-cite="Historian" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46360" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I’m most excited for El Mitico Jr who I think will have been finally picked up full time by a major Mexican company and be turning into a top star in lucha libre. <p> </p><p> I think Greg Gauge is going to be a backbone/work horse of a major company. Maybe not the world champion level star, but definitely a big deal. </p><p> </p><p> Those are who I’m most excited about.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I think Gauge is going to be the Christian to Matthew Keith's Edge. </p><p> </p><p> I'm excited about Champagne Lover, Kozue Kawashima, Funakoshi, and Magnum KOBE. Also want to see what Marc DuBois does.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Peria" data-cite="Peria" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46360" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I think Gauge is going to be the Christian to Matthew Keith's Edge. <p> </p><p> I'm excited about Champagne Lover, Kozue Kawashima, Funakoshi, and Magnum KOBE. <strong>Also want to see what Marc DuBois does</strong>.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Given the legalization of marijuana in Canada, he likely got high. A LOT.</p>

I think Gauge is going to be the Christian to Matthew Keith's Edge.

I'm excited about Champagne Lover, Kozue Kawashima, Funakoshi, and Magnum KOBE. Also want to see what Marc DuBois does.

It's always been the exact opposite in my games.

Matt Keith. I assume he’ll basically be BHOTWG’s version of Kenny Omega, and the true Matt Keith Era will finally dawn at last. I also want Copperhead to finally get out of MAW. I’d like Edd Stone to finally reconcile with his family, but maybe also do a Japan tour. And I’ve always had a soft spot for Robbie Wright. I’d love to see him do well.

I suspect a lot of higher tier TCW retires - Vessey, RDJ & Buffalo for sure. I think Sammy Bach & Troy Tornado might move to USPW and Eddie Peak either goes there too or retires. I’m most curious about Guide and Scout. If they leave TCW I feel like TCW’s tag scene is done for now.

And I really want Tommy Cornell and his brother to start a small promotion & dojo in Britain, so 21CW finally has competition. I feel like Tommy runs the school and Edward the promotion, but vice versa is also ok.

I don't think the Keiths are going to really pick up ground. If Matt and Greg were headed for greatness, they would've made more progress -- they haven't and they aren't quite as good as people want them to be.

I like Necromancer's odds to rise through the ranks in Japan. Logically, WLW should come out on top in Japan, and Masa Karuta will be a huge star for them. But they really need a fresh gaijin heel and Necromancer makes sense from the current guys on their roster.

Ash Campbell is a guy who I think could really blossom. He's deceptively solid and has good sports entertainment qualities.

Gram Gorman has the skills to be a big star down the road. He can play really well either in a junior company or in a hardcore company.

La Estrella feels like a real star. He's always picked up and for good reason. I think his talent and size (if he bulks up) will transfer at the heavyweight level. I could see him in the States say with TCW at some point.

Joss Thompson is a near-main event guy who will be in the main event soon. He's got major star potential, good size and solid basics. He's the only guy currently on the USPW roster that could really turn the tide for them.

<p>I wonder what Bruce the Giant is doing in retirement.</p><p> </p><p>

Who takes over OLLIE, BCG and any other company with an aging owner. </p><p> </p><p>

This year seems do or die for 4C guys like Frankie Dee and Sayeed Ali. Both seem adept on either side of the border. I can see Dee going to Japan and Ali going to GSW as wel.</p><p> </p><p>

Probably this game J Ro will be an active competitor. Does USPW sign her?</p><p> </p><p>

Does Marat retire or go to USPW.</p><p> </p><p>

Who replaces Kikkawa?</p><p> </p><p>

Does SWF push or bury indy darlings Mikey Lau, Jimmy Hernandez and Steven Parker?</p>

<p>I'm excited for Yoshinaka Taku, who, IIRC had excellent Star Quality in 2016. I think tagging with his dad allowed him to gain a ton of experience. Same goes for SUKI, who, I hope, Haruki Kudo sees a lot of potential and pushes him to the top of GCG.</p><p> </p><p>

I can't wait to see where guys like Motoyuki Miyake end up as well.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Matt_Black" data-cite="Matt_Black" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46360" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I think I'm most interested in how the female talent turns out. I know many of us are expecting and hoping for an equivalent of the Women's Revolution, so it will be interesting to see how that shakes out.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I am in this boat foe the Australian scene. Rhea Ripley looked great in the RR this year, I love Kalliope who is working in ZEN so I hope to see an infusion of women in Australia. </p><p> </p><p> Also with the Indian region I hope there is some crossover and some more Indian talent in Australia.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="moafnsteel" data-cite="moafnsteel" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46360" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I am also excited to see if Logan Wolfsbaine gets picked up by a top company.</div></blockquote><p> Agreed, he and Xavi Ferrera are two great prospects that always seem to get cut from PSW due to their budget.</p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="RingRider" data-cite="RingRider" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46360" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Foxxy LaRue should be the baddest chick in wrestling. </div></blockquote><p> OMG ALL THE YES!</p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Bigpapa42" data-cite="Bigpapa42" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46360" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I look forward to Funakoshi having carried Black Canvas forward to Cult by being the human incarnation of puroresu. Razan might be the figurehead and ace, but Funakoshi carries the workload. The true heir to Maeda.</div></blockquote><p> BCG is all about loyalty. Even if Razan sticks with them, it's Funakoshi who should be carrying them.</p><p> </p><p> I'm pretty curious to see how some of GSW's top talent evolves, Fro Sure and Cali Slick especially.</p><p> </p><p> El Mitico Jr probably gets picked up by some Mexican promotion, wonder how all the hype around Felippe Caballero plays out.</p><p> </p><p> Wonder if Texas Hangman will be picked up by some developmental territory.</p><p> </p><p> With Tombstone probably poached and the likes of Mayhem Mulhoney and the Comedian retiring, I'm curious to see the man who'll carry DIW, assuming it's still around.</p><p> </p><p> I know Kasmir Singh will have something to do with the new India region, I'm just wondering what.</p><p> </p><p> I remember talk about Jeri Behr or some other female worker in Europe presumably getting sick with the business there and having to put up with Byron, leading to the continent's first ever all-female promotion. However, I'd love to see some of the strippers leaving SNP on a regular basis band together, file a lawsuit against Mark Carnie and use the money (and fame) to set up UK's version of BoSC.</p><p> </p><p> Love some scenarios flying around about Gil Thomas/Nemesis/CJ Weston starting up a third hardcore promotion (ELITE?) in the south west to add fuel to the fire of the wars there, curious to see who'd make up the roster for something like that.</p>

Tadiyuki Kikkawa will be 47 in 2020, so he'll certainly be either newly retired or nearing retirement. I think if he's still wrestling, 2020 will be his last year, and he'll be preparing to pass the torch to someone else, like Matthew Keith, Heihachiro Sakai, Atsumori Takemura, or someone else. I kind of view Kikkawa as being similar to Antonio Inoki, including the part about getting into politics. With the real world recently seeing a number of wrestling politicians (Rhyno, Kane, etc.) it'd be interesting to see one in TEW. I feel like Tadiyuki will take some position in 2020, and will be wrestling less, making appearances at only BHOTWG's biggest events. It'd also be interesting to see Tadiyuki get involved in running the company behind the scenes.

Love some scenarios flying around about Gil Thomas/Nemesis/CJ Weston starting up a third hardcore promotion (ELITE?) in the south west to add fuel to the fire of the wars there, curious to see who'd make up the roster for something like that.

In my CornellVerse 2020 mod thread, I announced I'd set ELITE to open in October 2019 following a dispute between Brother Grimm and CJ Weston. Weston left and opened ELITE, then got medical clearance to come out of retirement and wrestle in his new company under his old Citizen X name. It's roster comprises of former backyard wrestlers like Texas Hangman, and with intergender wrestling it features women like Marie Punnen.

I also had Mark Carnie sell SNP and move to LA to take advantage of the SoCal Wars, opening a new company there in February 2020.

I am most excited to see how some of the guys in RIPW turn out. Mostly Spencer Spade and Primus Allen

Im also excited to see what SWF has done with its crop of long term developmental talents. Though I have to say that I have kind of a morbid hope that they are forcing Matty Faith down everyones throats in an attempt to retake the top spot from USPW, that everyone can see isn't working except for Richard Eisen.

Im also excited to see what SWF has done with its crop of long term developmental talents. Though I have to say that I have kind of a morbid hope that they are forcing Matty Faith down everyones throats in an attempt to retake the top spot from USPW, that everyone can see isn't working except for Richard Eisen.

I am also really looking forward to seeing what the situation is with SWF and Matty Faith. Also if USPW can fix their still somewhat aging roster.

Archived