help with regional battles

Can anybody help me out? I've been searching all the forums, but I just can't find what I'm looking for. I need more info on regional battles. I'm trying to find out how I know if my company is in a regional battle, and when a regional battle occurs. Is it between 2 regional companies in a game world (US, Japan, Canada, etc) or is it between 2 regional companies in a specific area (Mid-South, Midwest). I'm trying to figure out, in my SMW 1994 dynasty, if I qualify for any regional battles. Thanks.

Regional battles are regional based (mid-south, southwest, northwest, tristate are all different regions.) As for finding out if you are in one. The long way is when you get an email at the beginning of the month stating where you stood in the battle. There is a screen that shows it as well. I believe it is the world break down. I don't have the game in front of me so someone else can confirm what it is called and where it is. But it breaks down all national and regional battles currently going on in the game.

Go to the Game World screen (the little Globe tile at the top of the menu). Once there, on the bottom, it will have a thing about National Battles. On the right side, there will be an arrow. Click that, and it switches to regional battles, and you can use the drop down menu to see whatever region you're curious about.

<p>To be somewhat specific, it's based on popularity range. At F+ popularity in a given region, you will be in a regional battle this month (provided there are enough other eligible companies).</p><p> </p><p>

Matt_Black gave info as to how to find the status; there should also be a question mark there that gives you more information.</p>