Favorite cverse year?

I downloaded a bunch of cverse mods ranging from the 80s to the brand new 2018 mod that was just released. I skimmed through a bunch of the ones in between like the 97, 05, and 10 mod and its pretty interesting seeing how certain wrestlers rise through the ranks, and fail through the years. My question is, which is everyone's favorite cverse mod and why?

The 97 one is legendary, but I am very partial to the 2016 one (yes I know boring) as it's the one I have done the most with and gotten to enjoy the most. Was never the biggest TCW fan so I am okay with their standing at the start of the game, as I have mostly enjoyed the SWF USPW battle, and creating my own companies and hiring indie guys!

I love the default 08 so much. DAVE dying allowed multiple new promotions to come into the fold and it rejuvenated rosters of the top companies. It’s hard to imagine SWF without Emma Chase or TCW without the New Wave. I think about trying to recreate it from time to time, it bring it to the modern game properly. So many young or yet to debut stars to mess around with. The entire MAW alumni are basically infants in wrestling years. Half the non Big 2 Japanese scene, etc.

<p>Probably 10 because so many star players are at the top and doing interesting things. 13 is pretty good too. </p><p> </p><p>

I would say that 2016 is actually one of the worst, if not the worst. USPW is more interesting, but the story that they are on cloud nine isn't even simulated in the actual data and game mechanics. Most companies end up playing the same where you have to move on from the old guys and push a new generation, so you have to cross your fingers you get good luck on Time Decline.</p>

The 13/14 databases were my favorite, though I was pretty new to the game still when 16 released, so I didn’t get to play with 13/14 a lot because they were never really adapted for the new game. I never did play with 77, but it sounds like a blast. Maybe I will try to find it and move it to the new game for these last months before 2020 comes out.

I actually preferred the original "That 70s mod" for the C-Verse to 1977, because in that 70s mod, which I believe was set either in 75 or 75, the territories are still going strong while SWF is only just being its push.

The 1977 version shook up the game world by buffing up SWF while giving big blows to the territories. In particular, Boston takes some heavy loses.

That 70s mod was more of a level playing field while '77 is slanted towards SWF for historic reasons.

I love the default 08 so much. DAVE dying allowed multiple new promotions to come into the fold and it rejuvenated rosters of the top companies. It’s hard to imagine SWF without Emma Chase or TCW without the New Wave. I think about trying to recreate it from time to time, it bring it to the modern game properly. So many young or yet to debut stars to mess around with. The entire MAW alumni are basically infants in wrestling years. Half the non Big 2 Japanese scene, etc.

To be perfectly honest I wasn't a fan of DAVE dying in the C-Verse. I felt that Ryland was pretty harsh on DAVE because he has/had the view that ECW could have never made IRL, and so reflected that in DAVE's demise. I was always in the camp that felt that if ECW could have soldiered through the 2001 to 2004 period, they would have made it to a financially viable point. But besides that, DAVE surviving would have allowed so many of us former ECW fans to continue to play and imagine what a surviving ECW would have been like. Considering that the C-Verse has so many radically different promotion with so many radically different styles, it seemed strange to cut down DAVE just to make a statement on ECW.

PSW never had the charm DAVE had, and not because it's only regional. DAVE and XFW in the 1997 mod are both extremely (pardon the pun) fun to play as.

2010 is probably the best year in the CornellVerse, and is my favorite year. A lot of the young prospects are still Indie stars, while the legends are either still active or not that old, unlike 2016.

Also, I have a hankering to play a 2005 CVerse mod to book MAW's entire history, but the existing one is unplayable, since it can't be downloaded. Anyone know where another one is?

1997, where almost everything is defined by potential. Only one national promotion, with a cult HGC nipping at their heels, plus the east coast wars in full swing with all the companies trying to build new stars. CZCW and Canada reaping the benefits of that, and Japanese tours proving a difference maker between who excels in the ring and who follows a slower development path. Burning Hammer Building their next generation of standout super juniors...