TEW2016 saves you will miss

So with 2020 fast approaching, what is the save that you've spent the most in-game "or maybe real world" time playing? I know it sounds lame but the longest I've ever gone was like a 3 year run with NJPW where I used wrestlingdata.com & copied the real world history. I'm sure some of you madmen went full decades of a save.

When you transition over to 2020. What is the save you will hurt to leave behind in 2016? I'm sure most of you will just restart your saves or something to that extent.

The one that will kill me to leave behind is my NJPW save from Shifting Sands. Been going almost 2 years & it was just a fantastic mod & really fun to play that save.

<p>Czcw</p><p> </p><p>

I took CZCW from being a small regional promotion (I think they start as regional in 2016) to the largest company in the world. CZCW had tons of stars, several different tournaments throughout the year, and most stars had a trios or at least a tag team that they were a part of. </p><p> </p><p>

I also had numerous child companies that were regionally situated to try to and bolster young talent before I let them go back out into the world. In addition to creating smaller promotions, I would do a sort of catch-and-release with failing promotions, saving them when they were on the brink of death and letting them get back in the black before I let the company go independent again. The save is currently in 2023, I think, but I've sort of abandoned it due to it going down a path that I dislike. </p><p> </p><p>

Basically, after getting to the top, I left the company to Pee Wee Germaine and started a new one. Started missing all my favorites about 6 game months. It didn't help that my schedule in CZCW was fairly intense and I had to rest guys in order to not have them constantly get injured. Well, Pee Wee and the new management in CZCW just wanted to use their stars and the rash of catastrophic injuries started. Several of the young stars in the company suffered broken necks, concussions, and spinal injuries that either sidelined them for long stretches of time or caused them to retire. </p><p> </p><p>

So yeah, I'd like to play again, but I don't want to start from scratch and I don't like how CZCW is now. Thus, I'm waiting for TEW2020 to start again.</p>

<p>I started a CV2005 save and I'm at 2013 right now, taking my custom company from 0 to cult (with an easy path to national with all the star power I have).</p><p> </p><p>

Will I miss it? I dunno. The second I start booking 2020, I'll probably have forgotten everything about my old save, which is how I book anyway (book the next week not remembering what happened last week)</p>

My only long term game WWF 1985. Made quite the stacked roster and had some really interesting story lines including having Bruno Sammartino win King of the Ring and have a chance to become WWF champion again. Hogan ended up canned. DiBiase and Jake the Snake were coming up hard and fast. Arn Anderson and Tully Blanchard became main eventers by dominating the tag division. Was going to keep them doing that til Flair could join in 91 and have the Horsemen in the WWF. Big Bossman was just signed and I was going to push him as a super heel which would have been interesting. I'm sad Vader never got out of development or I never got anyone to finally defeat Andre (Savage was penciled in to be the guy, possibly Nikita Koloff) So much planned. I'm either going to do the same thing or have a save where WCW breaks away from NWA earlier.

<p>I'm not sure if it really counts since I've already lost it due to corruption and therefore I'm already missing it, but ECW 2001-2003. I struggle a lot with real world saves, especially historical, because when they get too far away from realism it just bothers me a lot. </p><p> </p><p>

My goal for 2020 is to just sit down, play a damn save and accept whatever goes wrong or steps out of what would realistically happen without quitting and starting a new one lmao. I think that's what I said when 2016 was coming out though, I may have even made a post on here about it</p>

I'm not sure if it really counts since I've already lost it due to corruption and therefore I'm already missing it, but ECW 2001-2003. I struggle a lot with real world saves, especially historical, because when they get too far away from realism it just bothers me a lot.

My goal for 2020 is to just sit down, play a damn save and accept whatever goes wrong or steps out of what would realistically happen without quitting and starting a new one lmao. I think that's what I said when 2016 was coming out though, I may have even made a post on here about it

I'm sorry to hear about the corruption. Have you tried going into the folder that has your save & finding the backup save that all databases have? If you haven't tried that yet. Go into the folder & find the backup save & copy it over the corrupted save. It should take you back to the last Sunday of your save.

The one I started on day one.

Planned the start out on my flights to and from Mania 32. Took a 6 month break in between, but hopefully finishing it up at WM 39 before TEW2020's release.

Next time, I might go a smaller company for the long term save to try get to a ridiculous year.

WCW Lives Baby!

I will forever miss that first big save I've had on the phenomenal WCW Lives Mod by the GOAT Genadi.

From the rise of Kanyon, CM Punk, Jamie Knoble and RVD to the huge signings of Goldberg, Brock Lesnar and The Rock.

From the humble beginning with Booker T's 8 months reign, through the face heel turns, to my only ever A* event, Starrcade 2003.

From Scott Steiner being the most interesting character I ever created, to the STACKED Tag Team and Cruiserweight divisions.

I love that save forever.

Too bad my computer went oopsie.

This was the first version I never real got a long term save going on. The AI was too bad and too many aspects of the game were broken or just nonsensical for me. Very hard to get immersed into a real world game, because of how the game was designed. Hoping for a change with that in 2020.

My SWF save where I bought out MAW, hosted a 128 man Rip Chord Invitational won by Steven Parker, which turned him into a megastar and led directly into a MAW Invasion angle that I never finished booking. Would have eventually led to a Christian Faith return and Spencer Spade hot off finishing a movie to be the savior of the SWF.

This was the first version I never real got a long term save going on. The AI was too bad and too many aspects of the game were broken or just nonsensical for me. Very hard to get immersed into a real world game, because of how the game was designed. Hoping for a change with that in 2020.

Curious what issues you had with the AI and what you felt was broken or nonsensical? No judgement or anything, I'm just curious.