Does a Pure Wrestling promotion need storylines?

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="HailSabin!" data-cite="HailSabin!" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47388" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>As the title says. Being that the crowds reject almost all the segments and angles, do I really need storylines and feuds, or can I.. how to say it, build them in my head?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I think your product itself is what rejects the angles. If you don't want penalties dinging your ratings, then you have one of two choices: keep the storylines and angles in your head and do it that way, or switch up the product by adding a little bit of Traditional or something. You won't need to actually add storylines to the game, but changing the product should get rid of the penalties. Always look at the Analysis and Data Check on the Product screen whenever making a change to make sure you don't have any surprises when booking a show.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="HailSabin!" data-cite="HailSabin!" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47388" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>As the title says. Being that the crowds reject almost all the segments and angles, do I really need storylines and feuds, or can I.. how to say it, build them in my head?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> You won't need them, but it won't hurt you to have them.</p>

One of the nice things about storylines, even if they aren't required is that they help with keeping momentum higher (for those that do good in the storyline). Also they can give a boost or hurt the overall match grade depending on their heat. I dont know how much of an impact it has on the grade though.

Not at all, but you can add generic segments with workers who have entertainment skills to boost their pop. Pop will add to the match grade and is ALWAYS good, unless you don't want your workers to get poached. Fans will only care for these if you have some silver tongues in your fed, which I highly doubt, as the AI will cherrypick them soon.

But if you're really PURE, you should want to use all time you have to producing matches.

And you can absolutely have storylines that are just about the matches. You don't need any angles. Like Best of 7 series between 2 workers. Or just lump in the main event and call it "Chase for the title"

It's all about your own creativity.

Of course, for a best of 7 series, you'd have to turn off repetitive match penalties, too.

Title chase storylines, though, I do all the time, and I would say should be pretty much standard for any wrestling promotion.