Tag Teams / Stables / Naming Thread Suggestions

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="HighDefOverDose" data-cite="HighDefOverDose" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47434" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Bastian Von Stegen and Massimo Mazzarelli<p> </p><p> Legio Mortis (means legion of death in Latin) or if Kalashnikov is the leader Legio Kalashnikov</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Ah thank you!! Massimo for my Switzerland wrestler? Legio Mortis sounds awesome!</p>

Yeah I looked up Top 100 most capped Swiss football players, and merged a surname with a first name, there's a lot of Italian sounding names in Switzerland.

Oh thank you, yeah sounds awesome. What do you think sounds better personally for my German wrestler? Bastian Von Stegen or Marcel Von Essen?

As a native French speaker, I can't see why von Essen would sound French rather than German, to be honest :p I do agree Markus von Stegen sounds great, though and reminds us a bit of the 70's team of Karl and Kurt von Steiger.

Also, I'd like to find a couple of team names for my roster, as I don't like just having "X & Y" as a name even for those I don't intend to give a real run as a tag team. These are the three I'd need a name for:

- Shaheem Ali and Ric Reese: Ali is (for now) my top heel, and is a cheating cocky heel who lets his manager/wrestler Reese do the talking for him until he gets mad and shouts. Reese is Reginald mixed with MVP and Heyman.

- LSG and Gabby Ortiz: they're a real life couple as well, and I use them in the midcard. LSG (which stands for Leon St Giovanni) is basically a "better in ring worker but less talented with a microphone" Miz from his early career: the cocky guy that everyone wants to slap. Gabby Ortiz is on screen the pretty ill-tempered latina that will gouge your eyes out out of the ring with her nails.

- Dylan Mesh and Vita VonStarr: those two are my resident weirdos. Mesh is a tall dude who defines himself as a "Warlock", wears steampunk glasses and (in my mind) acts a bit like Toad from the X-Men series. Vita VonStarr is also on the crazier side of wrestling gimmicks, and I mostly keep her character work from ROH's "The Righteous".

I wouldn't say no to team names for Eli Isom and Damaris Dawkins, as well as Stella Grey and Markus Skyler, but since I haven't fleshed them out as much as characters than I did with the others, it can wait until I do that.

- LSG and Gabby Ortiz: they're a real life couple as well, and I use them in the midcard. LSG (which stands for Leon St Giovanni) is basically a "better in ring worker but less talented with a microphone" Miz from his early career: the cocky guy that everyone wants to slap. Gabby Ortiz is on screen the pretty ill-tempered latina that will gouge your eyes out out of the ring with her nails.

Giovanni is Italian and Ortiz is Hispanic, so maybe play into that Latin connection? Latin Heat, maybe?

Debuting a new stable lead by Pistol Pete hall in TCW. Hall has brought in Findlay O’Farraday and Animal Harker as a tag team, and SUKI he manages all three men. They are a face unit set to feud with Dreads heel group. I’ve drawn a complete blank on thinking up a name for the stable. Any help would be appreciated!

Been playing older databases and have gotten very into Pistol Pete Hall as a reigning Texas Deathmatch Champion with a lot of Stan Hansen influence, so might I suggest the Death Riders or the Sunset Riders?

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Hashasheen" data-cite="Hashasheen" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47434" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Giovanni is Italian and Ortiz is Hispanic, so maybe play into that Latin connection? Latin Heat, maybe ?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I thought about "Latin Heat", but it's a bit too close "Eddie Guerrero" and as much as I like the two, they will never be nowhere near his skills. A friend suggested "LSGO" but I'm not convinced either, as I wouldn't be able not to call them "Let's go" in my head.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="ArcheoOutOfNowhere" data-cite="ArcheoOutOfNowhere" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47434" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div><p> </p><p> </p><p> </p><p> - LSG and Gabby Ortiz: they're a real life couple as well, and I use them in the midcard. LSG (which stands for Leon St Giovanni) is basically a "better in ring worker but less talented with a microphone" Miz from his early career: the cocky guy that everyone wants to slap. Gabby Ortiz is on screen the pretty ill-tempered latina that will gouge your eyes out out of the ring with her nails. </p><p> </p><p> </p><p> </p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Now I will admit this is partially based on personal bias. But the first thing I would do is rebrand LSG. The gimmick you have for him works well but I would never promote him under those initials. I get this full name is too clunky for wrestling but the initials are far too close to a drug reference, Close enough I can envision the parents in the community I grew up in banning their kids from watching him or any company he was with because of that near drug connection. The name I've always thought he should use is Giovanni Ellis. Still ties back to his actual name and sounds so much like the pompous pretty boy than using his initials ever could.</p>

I need a name for a stable lead by Ruby Riott (as a heel) with Dave Mastiff as muscle. In canon, this will be post Riott Squad split and her weird return attacking Liv and Sarah in early 2020. Mastiff is gonna help Ruby win Money in the Bank. I'll add some others in as time goes on. I was hoping for a name based on a punk rock thing but that really isn't my musical scene so I don't know what would fit.

Now I will admit this is partially based on personal bias. But the first thing I would do is rebrand LSG. The gimmick you have for him works well but I would never promote him under those initials. I get this full name is too clunky for wrestling but the initials are far too close to a drug reference, Close enough I can envision the parents in the community I grew up in banning their kids from watching him or any company he was with because of that near drug connection. The name I've always thought he should use is Giovanni Ellis. Still ties back to his actual name and sounds so much like the pompous pretty boy than using his initials ever could.

You do make a great point about using another name, although I'm going to try and make it into a storyline first. The way I see it, right now he's just trying to be edgy and look cool because he realises "Leon St Giovanni" sounds like he's the kid from a rich family and he wants to be the rebel cool dude. So, LSG because as you said, it sounds close to a drug's name.

So, I might consider it when he's going to turn face: maybe hire someone to play his rich pompous daddy and make him want to rebel even more, and leave his heritage behind. Maybe first turn Gabby so she influences him away from the drug reference and have him grow up a little.

I need a name for a stable lead by Ruby Riott (as a heel) with Dave Mastiff as muscle. In canon, this will be post Riott Squad split and her weird return attacking Liv and Sarah in early 2020. Mastiff is gonna help Ruby win Money in the Bank. I'll add some others in as time goes on. I was hoping for a name based on a punk rock thing but that really isn't my musical scene so I don't know what would fit.

The Chaos Club comes to mind immediately, but Ruby got the name Ruby from the Rancid song Ruby Soho. Rancid songs that could fit a stable: Hooligans, Axiom, Disconnected, or Diabolical.

I need help for a tag team name for the team of Tony Atlas and the Junkyard Dog, in Mid-South, at the start of 1980, both as face. Thanks

Could use the (un)official name Atlas & Rocky Johnson used of The Soul Patrol, but other choices, The Soul Brothers, The Funk Express, The Cadillac Duo (based on the nickname for Chess Records), or Two Bad Men (this is more heel but you could play up the bad like it's said bahd and the 'street' meaning of it).

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="HollywoodRx" data-cite="HollywoodRx" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47434" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I need help for a tag team name for the team of Tony Atlas and the Junkyard Dog, in Mid-South, at the start of 1980, both as face. Thanks</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> The Ebony Express</p>

What's two good names for two technician wrestlers? They are both Americans. Wrestler one's first name is Tully & wrestler two's last name is Blanchard. What can I do with these?

Ones first name is Tully and the other's last name is Blanchard? Is that on purpose or a crazy coincidence?

I need help coming up with the names of 3 different stables: one for a Japanese promotion and two for a Canadian promotion.

1. SUKI as leader, with Yuta Isono and at least one other wrestler I haven't decided on (will likely act as the enforcer). If it helps, SUKI's current gimmick can be summed up as "cool, confident, and likes snazzy suits" and Yuta's is his default "Sneering Smug Heel" but slightly altered as the promotion doesn't use a face/heel divide.

2. Ricky Turner as leader, with Shiva (under his real name Jace Madrigal), and Jason Patterson as a heel group. All wrestle an old school style, deriding 'modern' wrestling as inefficient and too flippy. Placeholder names: The Old Fashioned/The Old Guard.

3. Rockin' Ryan Turner, Stan Manna, TJ Bailey, and Clutch McKane as a babyface group. Going for a rock band/enthusiast theme, and had the latter two's gimmicks changed to reflect that. Placeholder name: The Scene

I need help coming up with the names of 3 different stables: one for a Japanese promotion and two for a Canadian promotion.

1. SUKI as leader, with Yuta Isono and at least one other wrestler I haven't decided on (will likely act as the enforcer). If it helps, SUKI's current gimmick can be summed up as "cool, confident, and likes snazzy suits" and Yuta's is his default "Sneering Smug Heel" but slightly altered as the promotion doesn't use a face/heel divide.

2. Ricky Turner as leader, with Shiva (under his real name Jace Madrigal), and Jason Patterson as a heel group. All wrestle an old school style, deriding 'modern' wrestling as inefficient and too flippy. Placeholder names: The Old Fashioned/The Old Guard.

3. Rockin' Ryan Turner, Stan Manna, TJ Bailey, and Clutch McKane as a babyface group. Going for a rock band/enthusiast theme, and had the latter two's gimmicks changed to reflect that. Placeholder name: The Scene

2. The Traditionalists. The Gate Keepers. The Convention

2. The Traditionalists. The Gate Keepers. The Convention

1. Nikkei Class. The name is based on the Japanese equivalent of the Fortune 500.

2. The New School Of Tradition, a take-off on Eric Tyler’s stable in DAVE.

3. Painful Procedure: The New Blood.

Thanks for the suggestions! I went with The Tradition for the heel stable based on both of your responses and Nikkei Class gave me some ideas to work with for the eventual SUKI-led stable.

Could use the (un)official name Atlas & Rocky Johnson used of The Soul Patrol, but other choices, The Soul Brothers, The Funk Express, The Cadillac Duo (based on the nickname for Chess Records), or Two Bad Men (this is more heel but you could play up the bad like it's said bahd and the 'street' meaning of it).

Thanks, I will go with Soul Patrol (didn't think about it), or Two Bad Men

The Ebony Express

Thanks for the proposition