Tag Teams / Stables / Naming Thread Suggestions

You can aleays take a page from All Japan and call Brandi "The Eagle" in reference to Patriot's tag partner, George Hines, when he works Japan.

Stars and Stripes is what Bagwell & Patriot used when they teamed. That could work for either team. I like the idea of the Eagle. But, The Minute Man, The Soldier, The Veteran, The American Eagle (to differentiate from Hines), The Falcon, and The Captain are some I've thought of.

I thought of The Eagle, but I have George Hines and Scott Armstrong as the Eagle and the Falcon already. That said, Stars & Stripes is perfect for the Patriot tag team name. I think I may have one named Stars and one named Stripes even.

Can't blame you on the American Males thing. Thing that got me back in the day is that the USWA had a guy, I want to say Curtis Thompson, who had a very similar U.S. Male nickname and whose backstory suggested he'd been a letter carrier prior to wrestling. Although whether that was legit or merely kayfabe I don't remember ever knowing. So I used to wonder why WCW didn't just snatch him up if they wanted an "American Male" type.

As for the alternate name thing, do you intend for the crowd to be aware that Bagwell & Riggs are themselves? If not, prior to building his name in WCW, Bagwell had wrestled in the GWF as The Handsome Stranger. Sort of a romance novel hero gimmick where he gave roses to the women in the crowd and wore a Long Ranger style mask to hide his identity. You could extend that to Riggs as well to have a pair of Handsome Strangers.

You sent me on a mind journey and I came up with something so silly that it's perfect for mid 90s WCW, The Dapper Dudes!

I thought of The Eagle, but I have George Hines and Scott Armstrong as the Eagle and the Falcon already.

If you have an Eagle and Falcon already maybe you could stick with the birds of prey theme and make them a stable. Hawk, Osprey, vulture are just the ones I could think of quick that might work.

I'm looking for alternative name for Homicide. Basically something a little more "sponsor friendly", something that isn't literally a name for murder, but something that still invokes the same sort of feeling. He's still a street thug, former gang member but is in a team with Low-Ki

I'm looking for alternative name for Homicide. Basically something a little more "sponsor friendly", something that isn't literally a name for murder, but something that still invokes the same sort of feeling. He's still a street thug, former gang member but is in a team with Low-Ki

Slayer

Teardrop (for the teardrop tattoo under one’s eye to signify murder)

Need a new name for a tag team/stable I currently have Alicia Strong and Joanne Rodriguez in. Had them known as The Queens but then I remembered I already had a stable named The Kingdom first.

The stable is about Joanne and Alicia picking younger talent and training them up in their GOAT image. Eventually Joanna and Alicia will turn on each other with the trainees splitting between them

The newly debuting Donte Dunn and a Tsurayuki Kamachi, who was on excursion in my CGC 2010 game. They have a gimmick where they are Canadian Super Fans. Two young foreigners who love Canadian culture, dressing up as Mounties and Hockey Players every week.

All I need for them is a team name.

He goes by Dee. You could use that or 'Cide. Keeps the same vibe but is much more friendly.

The newly debuting Donte Dunn and a Tsurayuki Kamachi, who was on excursion in my CGC 2010 game. They have a gimmick where they are Canadian Super Fans. Two young foreigners who love Canadian culture, dressing up as Mounties and Hockey Players every week.

Triple C

The Cool & Crazy Canucks

The Canadiacs

Hey everyone,

I have a loooong list of workers I'm "forced" to hire for WWE (well, most will be on NXT/NXT UK), with an added challenge that I had to rename them the way current day WWE would (although I had the permission to keep part of the names for some). I think I've managed to do so well enough but a second opinion would be greatly appreciated anyway :p

Is there a way to put the whole list in a spoiler so it doesn't show as a huge post for those who have a question of their own ? Or should I just not post it at all because a 74 workers list is more than a bit too much ?

The Tourists

Foreign Exchange Movement

Immigrant Maple Leafs

Maple Leaf Muscle

C2C (from the Canadian motto, From Sea to Sea)

Does anyone have good WWE-style names ideas for Shane Mercer and Dalton Castle ?

The best I could come up with are Alex Wesker for Mercer, and Dalton Sparks for Castle, but obviously they are not that great...

Gimmick wise they're going to be pretty much their non-WWE character, and all I ask is that it avoids using names from current WWE roster and (if at all possible) do it the way WWE would, so not use former indy names/real names.

Since Dalton Castle uses a lot of Queen songs (or at least versions of them) as his entrance theme, I'd go for using variations of the band members' names for his new name. Freddie Daltry feels like the best combination, especially since it still plays off his old name a little and doesn't clash with any existing roster names as otherwise I'd have said Something Mercury... but Joey Mercury has alraedy been a thing :p

Does anyone have good WWE-style names ideas for Shane Mercer and Dalton Castle ?

The best I could come up with are Alex Wesker for Mercer, and Dalton Sparks for Castle, but obviously they are not that great...

Gimmick wise they're going to be pretty much their non-WWE character, and all I ask is that it avoids using names from current WWE roster and (if at all possible) do it the way WWE would, so not use former indy names/real names.

I don't think Dalton Sparks is all that bad, but following the Queen ideas Derek laid out, Freddie May sounds androgynous and Dalton's whole thing is well, he's a peacock :p

I don't know, Dalton Sparks made me think more of a cheap street-magician that would throw confettis in the air and have cards appear in his hands. Which in itself wouldn't be such a bad gimmick if done for comedy, but doesn't really suit him.

However, I really like Freddie May, or perhaps just May as a last name and something like Raphael as a first name ! I could even see him use that as the kind of catchphrases WWE loves: "Freddie May hurt you if you don't behave, Boys", "Freddie May win the NXT title at TakeOver", etc.

• 3 weeks later...

Does anyone have any name suggestions for a stable who'll face man for man the Bloodline ?

The members are Brock Lesnar (as the leader who'll face Roman, obviously), AOP (for the Usos) and Buddy Murphy (for Jacob Fatu). The group will also have Robert Stone as the bullied cowardly lawyer who gets hired to replace Heyman and do the paperwork on hiring the aforementioned members as mercenaries.

The "lore" of that stable will be that Lesnar is tired of the Usos showing up everytime he tries to face Reigns (going as far as costing him his title), so Stone gets bullied into finding him mercenaries, and AOP + Murphy make their return that way (Murphy a bit later after Fatu also debutes because Reigns want the number advantage).

Lesnar will at first treat them as nothing more than pawns, then settle into a mentor/leader who actually cares about them.

Does anyone have any name suggestions for a stable who'll face man for man the Bloodline ?

The members are Brock Lesnar (as the leader who'll face Roman, obviously), AOP (for the Usos) and Buddy Murphy (for Jacob Fatu). The group will also have Robert Stone as the bullied cowardly lawyer who gets hired to replace Heyman and do the paperwork on hiring the aforementioned members as mercenaries.

The "lore" of that stable will be that Lesnar is tired of the Usos showing up everytime he tries to face Reigns (going as far as costing him his title), so Stone gets bullied into finding him mercenaries, and AOP + Murphy make their return that way (Murphy a bit later after Fatu also debutes because Reigns want the number advantage).

Lesnar will at first treat them as nothing more than pawns, then settle into a mentor/leader who actually cares about them.

Lesnar's Killers

Lesnar's Army

Best Friends Money Can Buy

International Strikers

St.T

Team Lesnar

Team Lesnar fits Brock's character the most. It sounds MMA influenced. Another kinda off the walk suggestion is The Division. Like Division 1 is the highest level of college sports and Brock well, Brock dominated.

Also, not sure if you are aware, but the Usos have a brother in NXT named Solo Sikoa. Wouldn't be a bad idea to include him in the Bloodline

Beast Inc.

Or how about The Beast's Lair

Lesnar's Killers

Lesnar's Army

Best Friends Money Can Buy

International Strikers

St.T

As much as I love "Best Friends Money Can Buy" as an idea, I'm not sure how marketable it'd be :p However, I'm definitely going to use it the day I have a similar dynamics for a group in a company like Chikara or Leapfrog !

Team Lesnar

Team Lesnar fits Brock's character the most. It sounds MMA influenced. Another kinda off the walk suggestion is The Division. Like Division 1 is the highest level of college sports and Brock well, Brock dominated.

Also, not sure if you are aware, but the Usos have a brother in NXT named Solo Sikoa. Wouldn't be a bad idea to include him in the Bloodline

At first, I wasn't convinced by "Team Lesnar" because of how obvious it was, but the MMA explanation make a bit more sense and give it a more interesting vibe than just "well, he's the leader so bam, Team Lesnar" the way it could have been "Team Cena", "Team Balor", etc.

As for Solo Sikoa, I know him of course, don't worry ! I thought I'd give him the call up rather than hire Fatu at first, but Fatu looks more likely to be able to beat Reigns and take the leadership from him, while Sikoa could use the extra experience in NXT, before being called up as the new (and only) ally of Roman in his hope to reconquer the Bloodline's leadership.

Beast Inc.

Or how about The Beast's Lair

Honestly, "The Beast's Lair" sounds pretty dope, or even just "The Lair". I could see Lesnar using that name, not because he cares if his group has a fancy name, but just to mock Reigns.

And it's much, muuuuuch better than my "It's 3 am and I can't sleep" tired idea of "The Beastie Boys" :D