SWF: Supreme Wrestling Federation

So am I the only one having difficulty getting good ratings with SWF guys? Des Davids vs Joey Morgan could only barely crack 60, the supposed hottest angle in the company Scythe vs Rocky Golden couldn't get much higher then that in a face off angle and Rocky rescuing Valiant from Remo and Rogue didn't rate much higher. How can these guys not manage decent angles? How are people finding an angle where the top face rescues another face dull?

Are they being rated on overness? Some of the default angles are set up wrong; angles rated solely on passive stuff (overness/SA/charisma/menace) will flop at more than 3 minutes or so.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Jaded" data-cite="Jaded" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47503" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Are they being rated on overness? Some of the default angles are set up wrong; angles rated solely on passive stuff (overness/SA/charisma/menace) will flop at more than 3 minutes or so.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> That could be it. Hopefully that's fixed in the retail version.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="MightyDavidson" data-cite="MightyDavidson" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47503" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>That could be it. Hopefully that's fixed in the retail version.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I think it will be - I put a list of what needs doing in the typo thread and Adam left it in when he deleted a ton of other stuff he'd either dealt with or disagreed with so he's definitely at least aware of it.</p>

That could be it. Hopefully that's fixed in the retail version.

Yeah I’d say it would be that! Angles like staredowns that are rated purely overness are being penalised in the wrong ways! It should be fixed by retail id assume!

Also, about the Morgan V Davids low rating, I’m pretty sure your top stars need to be in hot feuds for their matches to really crack high numbers! At least that’s what I’ve noticed! I’ve gotten like a 74 from Atom Smasher V Gilmore even tho both guys had high 70s in-ring performance, but their storyline heat was like 71. I then had a match between James & Lau which had 78 heat and they pulled like an 82 rating based off low 70s in-ring performances! The heat of the storyline your stars are in matters a lot more this year in my opinion!

Yeah I’d say it would be that! Angles like staredowns that are rated purely overness are being penalised in the wrong ways! It should be fixed by retail id assume!

Also, about the Morgan V Davids low rating, I’m pretty sure your top stars need to be in hot feuds for their matches to really crack high numbers! At least that’s what I’ve noticed! I’ve gotten like a 74 from Atom Smasher V Gilmore even tho both guys had high 70s in-ring performance, but their storyline heat was like 71. I then had a match between James & Lau which had 78 heat and they pulled like an 82 rating based off low 70s in-ring performances! The heat of the storyline your stars are in matters a lot more this year in my opinion!

To be fair, you could do a staredown of 4 minutes and have it still work. If you're going to do a Cena / Rock-style both staring at the WM sign thing, you'd need to do it based on Entertainment or Mic, though.

SWF World Title Feud Ideas Welcomed

Golden beat Scythe clean at the January PPV. The Crippler interrupted Golden celebrating the win to be inserted into the Scythe/Golden storyline on the 1st Supreme TV after When Hell Freezes Over. Any ideas to continue the story? What match goes on at the February PPV? Who wins? Do Crippler & Scythe work together? Does anyone help Golden out? DOes Eric Eisen get involved?Emma Chase?

Golden beat Scythe clean at the January PPV. The Crippler interrupted Golden celebrating the win to be inserted into the Scythe/Golden storyline on the 1st Supreme TV after When Hell Freezes Over. Any ideas to continue the story? What match goes on at the February PPV? Who wins? Do Crippler & Scythe work together? Does anyone help Golden out? DOes Eric Eisen get involved?Emma Chase?

Crippler has always struck me as someone that's a total and complete loner. Maybe on the first show following the PPV, have Golden call Crippler out. After they talk for a moment, you can have Scythe emerge, and he says something that causes Crippler to attack him. Golden tries to break it up, but they both lash out at him and keep on brawling.

That way, you have two badass heels that just want to tear each other apart without one being the coward/weasel type and leave Golden as the ultimate face that conquers them both.

<p>In my current save Eric Eisen's contract expires at the end of March.</p><p> </p><p>

Will Jerry Eisen re-sign Eric on his own or will I have to initiate negotiations?</p><p> </p><p>

Also Mikey Lau is getting over fast in my game. He definitely will not replace Rocky Golden as the figurehead of SWF but he may get a World title run soon.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Mr. Ramen" data-cite="Mr. Ramen" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47503" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Yeah I’d say it would be that! Angles like staredowns that are rated purely overness are being penalised in the wrong ways! It should be fixed by retail id assume! <p> </p><p> Also, about the Morgan V Davids low rating, I’m pretty sure your top stars need to be in hot feuds for their matches to really crack high numbers! At least that’s what I’ve noticed! I’ve gotten like a 74 from Atom Smasher V Gilmore even tho both guys had high 70s in-ring performance, but their storyline heat was like 71. I then had a match between James & Lau which had 78 heat and they pulled like an 82 rating based off low 70s in-ring performances! The heat of the storyline your stars are in matters a lot more this year in my opinion!</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I kinda hope that's not the case, if only because I feel my top stars ought to be able to crack really high numbers when I have them face each other. They're top stars after all, logically they got there by being able to perform well regardless of situation.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="LiquidSwords" data-cite="LiquidSwords" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47503" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>In my current save Eric Eisen's contract expires at the end of March.<p> </p><p> Will Jerry Eisen re-sign Eric on his own or will I have to initiate negotiations?</p><p> </p><p> Also Mikey Lau is getting over fast in my game. He definitely will not replace Rocky Golden as the figurehead of SWF but he may get a World title run soon.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Yeah i put him over in both my SWF games at the first PPV against James and he skyrockets in pop. They seem to always overdeliver in ratings too. He's one of the easiest to push into the main event it seems. Would have good programs with Remo and Scythe.</p>

Yeah i put him over in both my SWF games at the first PPV against James and he skyrockets in pop. They seem to always overdeliver in ratings too. He's one of the easiest to push into the main event it seems. Would have good programs with Remo and Scythe.

Glad to hear as if I do commit to an SWF game then Lau def. Golden & Remo in a triple threat is definitely my SC main event.

I kinda hope that's not the case, if only because I feel my top stars ought to be able to crack really high numbers when I have them face each other. They're top stars after all, logically they got there by being able to perform well regardless of situation.

I agree 100% like I’d be fine if it meant that your tops stars would crack even HIGHER ratings when they’re in hot feuds but then outside of hot feuds they still cracked quite high ratings based off them just being top stars!

But it’ll be annoying if they’re unable to crack high ratings without a hot feud.

I may be the outlier here but once I got the hang out the game getting 5 storylines over 70 is very doable. Using the roster the right way and setting up storylines with strong angles was the key for me.

I also like the changes to the angle rating. I think a 5+ minute angle based just on passive skills should get penalties as it would be boring. If the workers are interacting with the crowd then its entertainment. At first it ducked because I use to spam menace angles. But what I got the hang of it, its not so bad.

I may be the outlier here but once I got the hang out the game getting 5 storylines over 70 is very doable. Using the roster the right way and setting up storylines with strong angles was the key for me.

I also like the changes to the angle rating. I think a 5+ minute angle based just on passive skills should get penalties as it would be boring. If the workers are interacting with the crowd then its entertainment. At first it ducked because I use to spam menace angles. But what I got the hang of it, its not so bad.

Super agree. It's realistic honestly for a sports entertainment audience to expect good storylines up and down the crowd.

I definitely agree with the storyline’s! I was shocked at first by CANN requesting an 82 and the fans requesting 5 hot storyline’s but once I got the hang of the game I’ve been meeting the requirements fairy easy! I’m running like 12 storyline’s with 7 being HOT! So I’m pretty happy with it!

I do agree it’s more realistic this way, but I have done some 4 minute overness rated segments that have bombed and I’m thinking less time might make them better received!

I definitely agree with the storyline’s! I was shocked at first by CANN requesting an 82 and the fans requesting 5 hot storyline’s but once I got the hang of the game I’ve been meeting the requirements fairy easy! I’m running like 12 storyline’s with 7 being HOT! So I’m pretty happy with it!

I do agree it’s more realistic this way, but I have done some 4 minute overness rated segments that have bombed and I’m thinking less time might make them better received!

4-minute angles and angles that only use overness are considered less important and have their ratings penalized.

Repackaged High Flying Hawaiian & Ekuma the Strongman as members of the Hawaiian Circus (better version of the menagerie) and renamed then Cirque du Sole (Sole being samoan for Brother)

Is it though? :p

I have been having a blast with my first couple shows, I've never played as SWF before but I have weirdly become akin to the machine.

Who does everyone enjoy the most? Mikey Lau for me, probably. And the Crippler. A lot of good younger guys I am excited to use more in long-term games when the proper game comes out. I got Des Davids up to a Major Star after my first episode of Supreme TV. :D Seemed fairly easy, and I gained pop with the first show which I didn't expect as I hadn't yet playing 2020 :rolleyes:

I just made Bryan Vessey agree to return to the ring! I will bring him in ah yes :cool: Also bringing in Bruce as a manager! Waiting for the full game to really start the save however, but I have set up all my signings