SWF: Supreme Wrestling Federation

Remo has been the same for me, went into Supreme Challenge level on pop with Golden at 90/91. They had a great match as the SC40 main event, scored a 92, but annoyingly it caused Remo to drop to 83/84 pop. I never noticed how big an impact gimmick has on match result pop changes so it's something I'll need to adapt my booking to.

Des Davids has been stuck at 73 pop for a few months now, really hope that's not his cap as I gave him a guaranteed World Championship contract at Awesome Impact after he quickly rose to Major Star :(

Wow that is a big loss. I honestly think I'm gonna have Remo retain. He's just involved in better rated segments and matches than Golden is. Also and this is very dependent, Nicky Champion's contract just came up. I am currently offering him $340k to join us! Its an insane amount of money with all the perks thrown in, but can you imagine him and Golden at the same company?! Its Remo's perfect opponent, Hurts USPW massively too. I can also sustain the costs for now but the economy and industry is on the decline... Still worth it though? It does pose an interesting problem about the future of Golden. I've flip flopped from playing SWF to USPW to SWF saves from TEW 13, 16 and now 20. I think I like Champion a bit more than Golden. I have a better grasp on his character. But just to have both even if I eventually let Golden go would but fantastic.

The rest of my SC40 card is building nicely too, but my roster is becoming a bit bloated. I've signed a few too many guys from Mexico. Velocidad and El Mitico jr are here as well as my previously mentioned Hijo Del Águila Americana (now Patriot Warrior in SWF). They're all so over so quickly in this save thanks to EILL's TV deal reaching US. I couldn't resist. I think once Joey Morgan, Brandon James contracts come up, they have to go. I got nothing for Morgan even though he's so good and James is in decline. The Crippler will also probably go by the time his contract comes up, or he'll be moved to road agent like Jungle Lord, who basically jobs occasionally. I also bought back Skull DeBones to be involved in the Scythe feud with Rogue. He's probably taking up too much cash but he's mentoring Matty Faith now, who honestly needs all the help he can get. I don't think he's ever going to reach his Dad's level.

Wow that is a big loss. I honestly think I'm gonna have Remo retain. He's just involved in better rated segments and matches than Golden is. Also and this is very dependent, Nicky Champion's contract just came up. I am currently offering him $340k to join us! Its an insane amount of money with all the perks thrown in, but can you imagine him and Golden at the same company?! Its Remo's perfect opponent, Hurts USPW massively too. I can also sustain the costs for now but the economy and industry is on the decline... Still worth it though? It does pose an interesting problem about the future of Golden. I've flip flopped from playing SWF to USPW to SWF saves from TEW 13, 16 and now 20. I think I like Champion a bit more than Golden. I have a better grasp on his character. But just to have both even if I eventually let Golden go would but fantastic.

The rest of my SC40 card is building nicely too, but my roster is becoming a bit bloated. I've signed a few too many guys from Mexico. Velocidad and El Mitico jr are here as well as my previously mentioned Hijo Del Águila Americana (now Patriot Warrior in SWF). They're all so over so quickly in this save thanks to EILL's TV deal reaching US. I couldn't resist. I think once Joey Morgan, Brandon James contracts come up, they have to go. I got nothing for Morgan even though he's so good and James is in decline. The Crippler will also probably go by the time his contract comes up, or he'll be moved to road agent like Jungle Lord, who basically jobs occasionally. I also bought back Skull DeBones to be involved in the Scythe feud with Rogue. He's probably taking up too much cash but he's mentoring Matty Faith now, who honestly needs all the help he can get. I don't think he's ever going to reach his Dad's level.

If I can take a rival company's figurehead, I will do it. Every. Single. Time. They take a huge hit financially, not that USPW will ever go out of business. They lose a guy that is strong in the ring. And he's super over. The only issue I could see is how you book your company now. You can't have either Golden or Nicky lose a ton, as their both figurehead level guys. But only 1 can be champ. Or you could always build up a mega heel and have him beat both in the same reign. It's a real Austin/Rock conundrum.

Bloating is a constant issue. I'm over 40 now in RtG game. I can only imagine how bad it's gonna be when I'm playing as owner and the only thing preventing me from signing everybody is a desire to have them on my roster. It seems like a B Show would be a must have just to have all the non-stars get TV time without becoming disgruntled.

Drake Young, yes, the skinny lightweight manager from Canada, was paired with Rocky Golden. They won tag team of the year. Rocky got busted with prostitutes and is now tryingh to be a politician, while Drake Young is ripping off 98s with Angry Gilmore as the SWF champion. (Drake, not Angry)

I Love this game.

Is the Supreme Challenge intended to be a tournament of sorts? I've not played much with SWF before this save but Valiant's profile mentions winning the heavyweight championship in the semi-finals

Historically No. Supreme Challenge is just SWF's version of Wrestlemania. Valiant's profile is really the only thing that I've ever seen that could be interpreted as a tournament being on the show.

Is the Supreme Challenge intended to be a tournament of sorts? I've not played much with SWF before this save but Valiant's profile mentions winning the heavyweight championship in the semi-finals

When I first saw that I thought it meant the semi Main Event. Golden vs Bruce was the main event.

When I first saw that I thought it meant the semi Main Event. Golden vs Bruce was the main event.

I'm pretty that's exactly what it meant. I'd have to double check but the assumption i made anyways was that it was in the semi main event that Valiant won the title. There wasn't a tournament.

Des Davids has been stuck at 73 pop for a few months now, really hope that's not his cap as I gave him a guaranteed World Championship contract at Awesome Impact after he quickly rose to Major Star :(

Oof, looks like Des has hit a pop cap at 73. Finally got round to booking my first Supreme TV post-Supreme Challenge; had him cash in his title match after Golden beat Bret Starr & fought off The Rat Pack. Davids won an 8 minute match but gained zero pop, Golden only lost a couple points. I didn't add any road agent notes, just a Des Davids pinfall finish. He's a Major Star with White Hot momentum but this looks like it will be his only time as World Champion. He was supposed to be champion for 3 months but not sure I can get away with it now while I'm battling USPW & TCW

It seems so, whether it's intended or not I don't know. And while it is random between saves I've had Remo drop to 77 and never get back higher in multiple games. . but I've also had games where he doesn't seem to have a cap and can reach the high 90s pretty easily. I've also had Rogue and Valiant drop from their starting 77, and while the caps will vary they never get back to their starting Popularity. . Same for Gilmore, Crippler, and most of the Older guys toward the top of the card.

I don't know if it's to do with the way caps are calculated or what but you'd think they'd at least always be able to get back to their highest popularity. .

I don't know if it's to do with the way caps are calculated or what but you'd think they'd at least always be able to get back to their highest popularity. .

Right but isn't that the point of the randomness of the pop cap? You find a worker's pop cap and then decide if you want to struggle against it and push them anyway or move on to someone else with a higher cap in that save.

There's really no reason why a worker's starting pop should be 100% their minimum pop cap.

Can pop caps be lower than their starting popularity? I read someone who had Remo's pop cap at 77 but he starts the game at 84.

Yeah, in my save Remo dropped to 77 and despite huge wins he still hasn’t moved at all! Rocky Golden dropped to an 84/85 when he dropped the title and he has capped at that! It’s just strange to me that at one time, Golden more so than Remo was so popular (91) and then he drops after the loss and that 84/85 is his cap? Like he should be able to at least get back to what he was! I’ve noticed that if they keep winning they won’t drop but as soon as they have like one loss they’ll drop to their cap (eg Remo to 77 after loss and Rocky to 84/85 after loss!) it’s a little bit irritating.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="d12345" data-cite="d12345" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47503" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Right but isn't that the point of the randomness of the pop cap? You find a worker's pop cap and then decide if you want to struggle against it and push them anyway or move on to someone else with a higher cap in that save.<p> </p><p> There's really no reason why a worker's starting pop should be 100% their minimum pop cap.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> </p><p> whatever randomness is supposed to be there doesn't seem all that random when the same guys wind up with the same popularity caps in every game. . Multiple people here have had Remo cap at 77 and I've had him cap at 77 in multiple different saves and it's certainly possible the cap is even lower than that but no one has let him drop any further once they realize he's never getting back above 77. .</p><p> </p><p> To be fair I haven't played far enough into most games to see if people can eventually break their caps, but for the guys who are unlikely to improve in skills it's unlikely the ever will. . With it being calculated on the fly unlike past games you'd think you'd see people more able to break caps. . I would think if someone can maintain I high level of momentum for an extended period of time it should boost their caps, but as it is now where it's based on skill and destiny once a cap is reached whether by gaining or dropping popularity its not really any different than a hard cap from past games.</p><p> </p><p> And I don't imagine it's a coverage size issue because I've had workers reach 100 popularity with SWF's default coverage size. .</p><p> </p><p> </p><p> And no their starting popularity shouldn't be the minimum cap 100% of the time, but as long as they aren't losing a step they could at least be able to reach it again and even go higher until they are declining. .</p><p> </p><p> The real unfortunate thing is the younger guys who still have room to grow but get capped in the low to mid 70s. Yea sure for some their skills can still increase which base on how the new cap system is supposed to work, should mean that initial cap is only temporary based on their current skills, but now that skills increase much slower it pretty much means those people are stuck treading water for even longer until they are good enough to hopefully break the cap if they even mange to get good enough to. Plus since destiny rolls are a thing who's to say they didn't get a poor destiny roll base on their starting skills, so even if they get good enough that they should be more popular their destiny roll keeps them locked. .</p><p> </p><p> Couple that with the already established guys getting basically hard locked and it just seems like a system that's designed to hinder more than help. Because you can try and push Spencer Spade to the main event to replace those aging vets, and he winds up capped in the mid 70s, all you wind up accomplishing is sapping Popularity from the bigger name for someone who gains nothing from it and your stuck with two guys in the mid 70s in popularity with no new star to show for it because as far as I can tell raw popularity still plays a big factor in your match grades regardless of where someone is perception wise. .</p>

I wanted a babyface to walk out of SC with the world title, but I've decided to keep the title on Atom Smasher... But oh, boy am I excited to run the Valiant V Atom feud, take a look at the ratings/ performances they're giving me!! Valiant is consistently giving me 92-95s, not to mention he has 90s POP! Atom is consistently giving me 90-92s, he also has 90s POP!!

https://imgur.com/a/QXgwMRa

Also, that main event was my highest rated main event and I think it was what propelled me to my highest-rated show yet, a 96!!

https://imgur.com/a/WBud6FJ (I love me some brawls on the go-home show lmao)

I hadn't played for a couple of days due to life, but I finally got to progress a bit and can confirm I did steal Nicky champion from USPW. No idea what my plan is, but he will debut just after Supreme Challenge. I'm at the last TV before Supreme Challenge currently, just finalising a few things. Its a shame I can't have him come out right at the end of the show but alas, he looks like he might make the second TV after. Remo Vs Rocky is gonna be huge, both are at 91-93 range US wide. Remo is going to win, so I might send Golden off on vacation for a couple of months and debut Champion and get straight into Remo vs Champion. I have an owner goal to get Rogue to 83 US wide, he's currently at 82. Question to anyone that knows, does he have to be at 83 by the time it expires? Or is it just get it to 83 before it expires? Makes a huge difference because Rogue is 43, he's not declining yet but the owner goal expires in over a year. Basically i want to know if once he gets to 83 pop can i stop pushing him so much? I got Starr and Spade who could definitely do with being put over by him eventually.

Speaking of putting over, Remo and Rocky Golden came to me in consecutive weeks to put over Lenny Brown. He is currently NA champ and on course to face Spade at SC40. He's at 77 pop. He is insanely over without any real help from me, and now the two biggest guys in the company want to get him to the next level. His SQ is only 79 so I am a bit doubtful if I want to pull the trigger, but he is improving and pulling out monster ratings in angles. Him and Spade pulled a 99 in my opening segment in last weeks TV.

USPW just stole Remo from me... I offered him so much, matched the merch etc, I'm shocked, but I'm not that pissed, Remo capped at a 77 POP so it's whatever! I'm gonna do a double turn in his match against Steve Frehley at SC, Frehley replaces Remo as my second biggest heel in the company and takes over Remo's stable!

I'm taking this as a lesson though, I need to make the contract offers even better, USPW be out here stealing my shit smh, Rogue, and now Remo! At least I got Frehley!

USPW just stole Remo from me... I offered him so much, matched the merch etc, I'm shocked, but I'm not that pissed, Remo capped at a 77 POP so it's whatever! I'm gonna do a double turn in his match against Steve Frehley at SC, Frehley replaces Remo as my second biggest heel in the company and takes over Remo's stable!

I'm taking this as a lesson though, I need to make the contract offers even better, USPW be out here stealing my shit smh, Rogue, and now Remo! At least I got Frehley!

Its interesting because USPW hasn't offered a single contract to one of my guys. I haven't had Golden or Remo come up, but they didn't offer Brown or Spade one, and they're mid 70s in the US and both are booked reasonably well. As I just wrote, they're feuding for the NA Title! Wonder why they haven't gone for my guys...

I hadn't played for a couple of days due to life, but I finally got to progress a bit and can confirm I did steal Nicky champion from USPW. No idea what my plan is, but he will debut just after Supreme Challenge. I'm at the last TV before Supreme Challenge currently, just finalising a few things. Its a shame I can't have him come out right at the end of the show but alas, he looks like he might make the second TV after. Remo Vs Rocky is gonna be huge, both are at 91-93 range US wide. Remo is going to win, so I might send Golden off on vacation for a couple of months and debut Champion and get straight into Remo vs Champion. I have an owner goal to get Rogue to 83 US wide, he's currently at 82. Question to anyone that knows, does he have to be at 83 by the time it expires? Or is it just get it to 83 before it expires? Makes a huge difference because Rogue is 43, he's not declining yet but the owner goal expires in over a year. Basically i want to know if once he gets to 83 pop can i stop pushing him so much? I got Starr and Spade who could definitely do with being put over by him eventually.

Speaking of putting over, Remo and Rocky Golden came to me in consecutive weeks to put over Lenny Brown. He is currently NA champ and on course to face Spade at SC40. He's at 77 pop. He is insanely over without any real help from me, and now the two biggest guys in the company want to get him to the next level. His SQ is only 79 so I am a bit doubtful if I want to pull the trigger, but he is improving and pulling out monster ratings in angles. Him and Spade pulled a 99 in my opening segment in last weeks TV.

You signed Nicky Champion even though you're playing as booker? I always play as owner of big companies cos the owner never used to let you compete financially for signings but if that's not the case this year it could change everything :eek:

I unfortunately don't know the answer to your Rogue question but if he's not in decline yet you can have him at the top for years. Early stages of decline aren't that bad so if he's pulling in ratings I wouldn't worry too much about having him so over. Unless someone can give you a definite answer I would suggest getting him to 83, then book him as you see fit but don't job him out so much that you can't get him back to 83 when the goal is close to expiring.

The only worker that's been stolen from me is Avalanche bizarrely. I had no intention of keeping him so could only laugh when USPW offered him a 5 year 18k a month contract. I had to give Valiant a big contract to keep him but none of my other major players have come up yet. I've been outbid for loads of external signings though - USPW gave Adam Matravers 150k a month & creative control right at the start of the game. Frehley got 300k & creative control too.

Spencer Spade is second on my franchise players list and is considered a huge star, he is categorised as a “Major Star” but he just capped at 80 POP! So, I’m curious as to if him capping at 80 pop will even effect much since he is considered a “Major Star” and is already viewed as a franchise player! I wanna put the World Title on him eventually but I wonder how he will go with it considering his POP is only 80!

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Grfcboy95" data-cite="Grfcboy95" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47503" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Its interesting because USPW hasn't offered a single contract to one of my guys. I haven't had Golden or Remo come up, but they didn't offer Brown or Spade one, and they're mid 70s in the US and both are booked reasonably well. As I just wrote, they're feuding for the NA Title! Wonder why they haven't gone for my guys...</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Yeah, I’d say be careful when your bigger names pop up!! I’m surprised they didn’t offer Brown or Spade, they offered Des one for me and he was high 70s but they didn’t put up a fight for him, I was able to sign him easily!</p>