What's Going on in Your Game?

January 2004-October 2007

On Raw

-The World Heavyweight Championship scene is personally heated. Back at Survivor Series 2006, under the old Eric Bischoff Regime, Edge won job immunity for a year. Since then, he kidnapped CEO Stephanie McMahon, held her captive until the Rumble, and has been doing a reverse of the McMahon Austin feud. In the Summer, he fended with World Heavyweight Champion Ron "The Truth" Killings after forcing Stephanie to give him a match by threatening to toss Jim Ross off of a balcony. Which he did anyway. Edge got a title match with No Champion's Advantage, and pissed off Ron enough to make him get disqualified. Making Edge the NEW World Heavyweight Champion. After retaining in a 5 star Hell in a Cell rematch with Ron, Stephanie has made it her mission to get that title off of Edge. She has put him against Kurt Angle, The Undertaker, Christopher Daniels, and even the best friend he betrayed Christian. Edge has cheated his way into winning all of those. Edge has been getting help from Raven's faction who want to see RAW burn, and from the Eddie and Vickie Guerrero's La Familia stable on Smackdown, who have been sheltering Edge as well. La Familia interfered and in Edge's title defense against Yoshihiro Tajiri at Fall Brawl, so at Survivor Series 2007, Edge will face Tajiri, Brock Lesner, Matt Hardy, Christopher Daniels, and a returning Ron Killings in a Six Pack Challenge.

-When Evolution was running roughshod of RAW in 2004, Shawn Michaels countered with his own Horseman like group, Fortune. Consisting of himself, William Regal, and two up and comers Christopher Daniels and Bryan Danielson. After Evolution's fall, and going to war with Brock Lesner's Fight Camp stable throughout 2005, Christopher Daniels decided to go after JBL and his Intercontinental Championship. Christening himself as the Rising Pheonix, Daniels gained a wave of momentum and challenged for the title at Wrestlemania 22. Daniels came up short, but gained another surge of momentum at the end of 2006 when he defeated his Fortune mentor Shawn Michaels one on one to peacefully end the faction. At Wrestlemania 23 the Rising Pheonix won the Money In The Bank ladder match and was willing to defend his briefcase against all comers. His plan was to cash in for a title shot against World Heavyweight Champion Ron Killings at Summer Slam, but Edge beat him to it. Since Edge and Ron were going at it at Summer Slam, Daniels put his Briefcase on the line once more, accepting a challenge from an old foe, John Bradshaw Layfield. JBL used underhanded tactics to win the briefcase from Daniels at Summer Slam, but that didn't keep the Rising Pheonix down. Daniels since Summer Slam has his sights set on Edge and that World Heavyweight title. He won't go down until he has that gold in his hands, and he will get his shot in the Six Pack Challenge at Survivor Series 2007.

On Smackdown

-From 2004 to 2006, the biggest babyface faction was the Shane McMahon family (Shinsuke Nakamura, AJ Styles, James Yun AKA Jimmy Wang Yang, CM Punk, and Colt Cabana). Shane's stable of blue chip rookies rose to the top with Shinsuke catching like wildfire and winning the WWE Championship from King Booker at Summer Slam 2005 and holding it for an entire year. However, not everything in the family was championships and roses. AJ started distancing himself to work with Eddie Guerrero, Punk betrayed Colt Cabana and beat him out of the company, and just before Survivor Series 2006, someone mysteriously ran Shinsuke Nakamura down putting him out of action for several months. When Shinsuke returned at the 2006 Royal Rumble with a charismatic flare, he had one thing on his mind. Revenge. He searched for months trying to figure out who could have done it. From Hollywood Rock, to Cerebral Assassin Triple H. Finally, the Devil's Advocate Sean O'Hare gives Shinsuke a sign "Win King Of The Ring and earn the WWE title shot at Survivor Series, and there the assailant will show themselves.". Shinsuke wins King Of The Ring defeating Raw's Hiroshi Tanahashi in the finals, and being crowned the King Of Strong Style. Now he bides his time until Survivor Series.

-Eddie Guerrero had been in a slump since losing the WWE Championship to King Booker at Survivor Series. He spent a year going to war against Booker's WCW faction, but that brought him no closer to the title. It's now 2006, and Eddie feels like he may only have a couple of years left to compete at the top level. He doesn't just want another run at the top, but he NEEDS it. His wife Vickie starts valeting for him, and AJ Styles is trying to help keep his spirits up. Things start looking up when Eddie earns a shot against WWE Champion "The Brightest Diamond" Shelton Benjamin, on the final Smackdown of the year. Shelton retains, but he noticed Vickie was up to some actions that were dubious at best. Shelton and AJ confront Eddie about this, but Eddie denies any part in it. In their Royal Rumble rematch, Vickie blatantly cheats allowing Eddie to become a two time WWE Champion. After defeating his best friend Chris Benoit at Wrestlemania 23's Main Event to retain the title, Eddie and Vickie gain some extra muscle. Chavo Guerrero, Damian Sandow, and Robert Lashley help get GM Paul Heyman ousted as General Manager of Smackdown, and puts Vickie in that seat of power, officially forming La Familia. Vickie abuses her power to keep Eddie WWE Champion, gets Chavo his fourth Cruiserweight Championship, have Damian Sandow defeat the undefeated Katsuyori Shibata for the United States Championship, and recruit America's Most Wanted so they can claim their sixth World Tag Team Championships. On top of that, Eddie and Vickie have allied themselves with Raw's Edge to the chagrin of CEO Stephanie McMahon, and to the criticism of Raw GM Teddy Long. Vickie has had enough of the criticism has sent La Familia to invade the Raw ppv Fall Brawl, officially declaring war against Teddy Long's Raw with the goal of becoming General Manager of both shows. Meanwhile, Eddie has a Shinsuke problem in his immediate future, and an issue with former friend AJ Styles on the horizon.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Dogking said:

January 2004-October 2007

On Raw

-The World Heavyweight Championship scene is personally heated. Back at Survivor Series 2006, under the old Eric Bischoff Regime, Edge won job immunity for a year. Since then, he kidnapped CEO Stephanie McMahon, held her captive until the Rumble, and has been doing a reverse of the McMahon Austin feud. In the Summer, he fended with World Heavyweight Champion Ron "The Truth" Killings after forcing Stephanie to give him a match by threatening to toss Jim Ross off of a balcony. Which he did anyway. Edge got a title match with No Champion's Advantage, and pissed off Ron enough to make him get disqualified. Making Edge the NEW World Heavyweight Champion. After retaining in a 5 star Hell in a Cell rematch with Ron, Stephanie has made it her mission to get that title off of Edge. She has put him against Kurt Angle, The Undertaker, Christopher Daniels, and even the best friend he betrayed Christian. Edge has cheated his way into winning all of those. Edge has been getting help from Raven's faction who want to see RAW burn, and from the Eddie and Vickie Guerrero's La Familia stable on Smackdown, who have been sheltering Edge as well. La Familia interfered and in Edge's title defense against Yoshihiro Tajiri at Fall Brawl, so at Survivor Series 2007, Edge will face Tajiri, Brock Lesner, Matt Hardy, Christopher Daniels, and a returning Ron Killings in a Six Pack Challenge.

-When Evolution was running roughshod of RAW in 2004, Shawn Michaels countered with his own Horseman like group, Fortune. Consisting of himself, William Regal, and two up and comers Christopher Daniels and Bryan Danielson. After Evolution's fall, and going to war with Brock Lesner's Fight Camp stable throughout 2005, Christopher Daniels decided to go after JBL and his Intercontinental Championship. Christening himself as the Rising Pheonix, Daniels gained a wave of momentum and challenged for the title at Wrestlemania 22. Daniels came up short, but gained another surge of momentum at the end of 2006 when he defeated his Fortune mentor Shawn Michaels one on one to peacefully end the faction. At Wrestlemania 23 the Rising Pheonix won the Money In The Bank ladder match and was willing to defend his briefcase against all comers. His plan was to cash in for a title shot against World Heavyweight Champion Ron Killings at Summer Slam, but Edge beat him to it. Since Edge and Ron were going at it at Summer Slam, Daniels put his Briefcase on the line once more, accepting a challenge from an old foe, John Bradshaw Layfield. JBL used underhanded tactics to win the briefcase from Daniels at Summer Slam, but that didn't keep the Rising Pheonix down. Daniels since Summer Slam has his sights set on Edge and that World Heavyweight title. He won't go down until he has that gold in his hands, and he will get his shot in the Six Pack Challenge at Survivor Series 2007.

On Smackdown

-From 2004 to 2006, the biggest babyface faction was the Shane McMahon family (Shinsuke Nakamura, AJ Styles, James Yun AKA Jimmy Wang Yang, CM Punk, and Colt Cabana). Shane's stable of blue chip rookies rose to the top with Shinsuke catching like wildfire and winning the WWE Championship from King Booker at Summer Slam 2005 and holding it for an entire year. However, not everything in the family was championships and roses. AJ started distancing himself to work with Eddie Guerrero, Punk betrayed Colt Cabana and beat him out of the company, and just before Survivor Series 2006, someone mysteriously ran Shinsuke Nakamura down putting him out of action for several months. When Shinsuke returned at the 2006 Royal Rumble with a charismatic flare, he had one thing on his mind. Revenge. He searched for months trying to figure out who could have done it. From Hollywood Rock, to Cerebral Assassin Triple H. Finally, the Devil's Advocate Sean O'Hare gives Shinsuke a sign "Win King Of The Ring and earn the WWE title shot at Survivor Series, and there the assailant will show themselves.". Shinsuke wins King Of The Ring defeating Raw's Hiroshi Tanahashi in the finals, and being crowned the King Of Strong Style. Now he bides his time until Survivor Series.

-Eddie Guerrero had been in a slump since losing the WWE Championship to King Booker at Survivor Series. He spent a year going to war against Booker's WCW faction, but that brought him no closer to the title. It's now 2006, and Eddie feels like he may only have a couple of years left to compete at the top level. He doesn't just want another run at the top, but he NEEDS it. His wife Vickie starts valeting for him, and AJ Styles is trying to help keep his spirits up. Things start looking up when Eddie earns a shot against WWE Champion "The Brightest Diamond" Shelton Benjamin, on the final Smackdown of the year. Shelton retains, but he noticed Vickie was up to some actions that were dubious at best. Shelton and AJ confront Eddie about this, but Eddie denies any part in it. In their Royal Rumble rematch, Vickie blatantly cheats allowing Eddie to become a two time WWE Champion. After defeating his best friend Chris Benoit at Wrestlemania 23's Main Event to retain the title, Eddie and Vickie gain some extra muscle. Chavo Guerrero, Damian Sandow, and Robert Lashley help get GM Paul Heyman ousted as General Manager of Smackdown, and puts Vickie in that seat of power, officially forming La Familia. Vickie abuses her power to keep Eddie WWE Champion, gets Chavo his fourth Cruiserweight Championship, have Damian Sandow defeat the undefeated Katsuyori Shibata for the United States Championship, and recruit America's Most Wanted so they can claim their sixth World Tag Team Championships. On top of that, Eddie and Vickie have allied themselves with Raw's Edge to the chagrin of CEO Stephanie McMahon, and to the criticism of Raw GM Teddy Long. Vickie has had enough of the criticism has sent La Familia to invade the Raw ppv Fall Brawl, officially declaring war against Teddy Long's Raw with the goal of becoming General Manager of both shows. Meanwhile, Eddie has a Shinsuke problem in his immediate future, and an issue with former friend AJ Styles on the horizon.

Extremely interesting write up! That Eddie story is so good. I always feel Western feds have that advantage where they can focus more on entertainment. Either way, good read!

• Like 1

On 3/14/2023 at 2:52 PM, SuperRamenmakerOkada said:

-One of the greatest rivlaries in TNA history comes to an end!

-Angle vs. Styles for the first time ever! 

-Aries & Strong vs. Storm & Williams for the NWA Tag Titles!

-Cage vs. Brown for the NWA Title!

-Joe vs. Red for the X-Division titles

-L.A.X. defend their Latin American tag titles!

it's Turning Point 2006!

In other news:

-For context of the Latin American Tag Titles, after L.A.X. won the nwa tag titles at Genesis, the game vacated them, so, on Impact!, I had Rhodes & Piper give L.A.X. back the tag titles, only for them to spit on them and throw them down, and cite discrimination in the Alliance as why they got the belts vacated. So Konnan went to the guy who designed his car (it's wrestling) and said he wanted him to make titles, thus the 5150 Latin American tag belts were born. Theres also the added stip that they only defend it against latin tag teams.

-Slammiversary is now gonna replace No Surrender as my second big PPV idea. Yeah I know, this is the third time that I did this, but still.

-Lastly, ngl, kinda dissapointed with this PPV. I tried to do right by the main event with booking it the same way TNA did IRL, but the rating and the rest of the card kinda underperformed. Oh well.

Screenshot 2023-03-14 135440.png

Screenshot 2023-03-14 135456.png

- 3-Way for the X-Division title!

-Angle vs. Cage!

-AMW vs. Aries & Strong!

-Brown vs. Jarrett!

-Punk vs. Cabana!

-L.A.X. defend their 5150 Latin America Tag Titles!

It's TNA Unbreakable..... in CANADA!

Talking Points:

-I forgot to put it on the actual card, but the Briscoe Brothers (Jay & Mark) debuted by helping Jeff Jarrett! Reports are coming in that a big-time WWE superstar is coming into TNA to join their faction! He's young, hungry, and full of venom!

-Once again I followed that "actually do what TNA did irl" format for the main event, and once again I'm disappointed. But that isn't the match im expecting to get my first 100 rating on.... 

-Colt Cabana has a badly herniated disc, he'll be out for a year (unless i use surgery)

Anyway, next time it's Bound For Glory, so I'll have to be on my A-game!

Screenshot 2023-03-20 192114.png

Screenshot 2023-03-20 192131.png

• Like 2

On 3/21/2023 at 3:27 PM, SuperRamenmakerOkada said:

After 2 and half years, Lance Storm has finally won a singles title in TNA!

Screenshot 2023-03-21 162344.png

So, what's he going to rename it?

The Canadian Universal-National Title?

(Universal-National...like Mid-Heavyweight; it's a thing outside the U.S.; I mean, it confuses the crap out of my Texian mind, but I read about it)

St.T

NJPW 1992-2006. The G1 Begins. But first a quick summary on the major events throughout the remainder of the year I did not cover.

Dontaku was a huge shift in the roster, with all three musketeers losing their singles match, the first and only time this will happen. Tanahashi would finally defeat the man who has been behind Shibata's betrayal that cost him the IWGP Heavyweight title last year in Masahiro Chono. Keiji Mutoh challenged Minoru Suzuki after Suzuki called the Musketeers outdated and soon to be obsolete, and a shock upset when Suzuki backed up his words. Lastly, Shinya Hashimoto, who is the last of the Musketeers to not be in decline, finally lost a match this year, as he was undefeated since December to Kenta Kobashi. 

Invasion Attack would continue the stories and the trend of Dontaku. All of Mutoh-gun would lose at Invasion Attack. Shamrock and Sano would team up, as Orton and Shibata had targeted both of the older men. Mutoh, Sekimoto, Yakushiji, and Koji Kanemoto would fall to Holy Demon Army. The biggest gain here was Brock Lesnar. A man who defeated Ken Shamrock (do you see the trend?) at Dontaku, in a final effort by Shamrock to defeat the man who many are calling his replacement. Lesnar would use this to build enough interest to get Kenta Kobashi to challenge him for the title. Whilst Lesnar did not win, he performed expertly and got himself over! From 81 to 86 popularity. So this is a huge success for me, as I need more over gaijin with Shawn and HHH winding down in the tag division. 

So here we are, the G1 Climax. I'll go over the blocks. Something I've rarely done I think, should be fun, and I'll briefly explain how and why they are there.

A Block: A Block of rematches, revenge, and second chances, is the theme here.

Kenta Kobashi - IWGP Heavyweight Champion, enough said.

Hiroshi Tanahashi - Had a strong year, winning nearly every singles match he was in outside of a loss in the New Japan Cup, where he lost to Kenta Kobashi.

Shinya Hashimoto - Former IWGP Heavyweight Champion, as I write this I realize how freakin' stacked I made the A Block lmao.

Brock Lesnar - The last challenger to Kobashi, massive gain in popularity, only one singles loss this year (to Kobashi)

Dave Finlay - Former Tag Team Champion, wrestled every tour, mostly winning. 

Yuji Nagata - Challenged for the IWGP Heavyweight, formed Blue Justice this year, won most of his matches, major feud with Finlay being built.

Jun Akiyama - The regular tag partner to Kobashi, is this his time to shine brightest? A win against his friend and the IWGP Heavyweight title would skyrocket him. 

Rhino - Feuding with Nishimura, and Yuji Nagata, 89 popularity. Admittedly a bit filler.

Hiroyoshi Tenzan - Leader of GBH. Had a solid showing in the New Japan Cup, making it to the semi-finals. Former Openweight Champ.

Osamu Nishimura  - Feuding with Rhino. 85 popularity. Admittedly a bit filler.

B Block: Block of proving yourself, surviving, and perhaps last chances?

Chris Jericho: Intercontinental Champion. Finally considered a main event talent. Always did mediocre in the G1, this is his chance.

Shinsuke Nakamura: Winner of the New Japan Cup, defeated Kobashi in the finals only to lose to Hashimoto and then lost his IC title to Jericho.

Minoru Suzuki: Lost the IWGP Heavyweight title to Hashimoto at WK. Feud with Keiji Mutoh.

Kensuke Sasaki: Perhaps the most decorated champion in NJPW history. 3x Tag League, 2x G1 (back to back), 2x Heavyweight, 5x Tag Team. Sasaki is also the #2 to Hashimoto's #1 in Sekigun. He doesn't fit the "theme" so to speak but he does indeed find himself running out of time to step out of Hashimoto's shadow.

Keiji Mutoh: The most obvious choice if you read above. Mutoh is indeed on his last legs, both as a faction leader, and as a wrestler (time decline getting bad.) If Mutoh does poorly, or perhaps anything short of winning the G1, Mutoh could be in serious trouble as a main eventer in NJPW.

Mick Foley: Former Tag Team champion. A recent (re) signing. Is going to be feuding/putting Orton and Nakamura.

Randy Orton: Former IWGP US champion this year. Longest reigning and most defenses as well (5). Hoping to get him over this G1.

Toshiaki Kawada: Kawada is a bit similar to Sasaki, both have had great careers as #2 guys in their respective faction, and both were definitely #3 guys at one point (Fujinami/Hashimoto/Sasaki, and Misawa/Kobashi/Kawada).

Satoshi Kojima: Had a successful singles run so far in 2006, but came up short numerous times. Impressed enough to keep his spot from last year due to ending the campaign strong. 

Katsuyori Shibata: Constantly feuded and impeded Tanahashi (though lost the feud), feuding with Mutoh-gun, and looking to make his G1 debut look like a fluke, when he finished at 8 points.

That's the update! Easily my favorite save of all time.

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Peria said:

NJPW 1992-2006. The G1 Begins. But first a quick summary on the major events throughout the remainder of the year I did not cover.

Dontaku was a huge shift in the roster, with all three musketeers losing their singles match, the first and only time this will happen. Tanahashi would finally defeat the man who has been behind Shibata's betrayal that cost him the IWGP Heavyweight title last year in Masahiro Chono. Keiji Mutoh challenged Minoru Suzuki after Suzuki called the Musketeers outdated and soon to be obsolete, and a shock upset when Suzuki backed up his words. Lastly, Shinya Hashimoto, who is the last of the Musketeers to not be in decline, finally lost a match this year, as he was undefeated since December to Kenta Kobashi. 

Invasion Attack would continue the stories and the trend of Dontaku. All of Mutoh-gun would lose at Invasion Attack. Shamrock and Sano would team up, as Orton and Shibata had targeted both of the older men. Mutoh, Sekimoto, Yakushiji, and Koji Kanemoto would fall to Holy Demon Army. The biggest gain here was Brock Lesnar. A man who defeated Ken Shamrock (do you see the trend?) at Dontaku, in a final effort by Shamrock to defeat the man who many are calling his replacement. Lesnar would use this to build enough interest to get Kenta Kobashi to challenge him for the title. Whilst Lesnar did not win, he performed expertly and got himself over! From 81 to 86 popularity. So this is a huge success for me, as I need more over gaijin with Shawn and HHH winding down in the tag division. 

So here we are, the G1 Climax. I'll go over the blocks. Something I've rarely done I think, should be fun, and I'll briefly explain how and why they are there.

A Block: A Block of rematches, revenge, and second chances, is the theme here.

Kenta Kobashi - IWGP Heavyweight Champion, enough said.

Hiroshi Tanahashi - Had a strong year, winning nearly every singles match he was in outside of a loss in the New Japan Cup, where he lost to Kenta Kobashi.

Shinya Hashimoto - Former IWGP Heavyweight Champion, as I write this I realize how freakin' stacked I made the A Block lmao.

Brock Lesnar - The last challenger to Kobashi, massive gain in popularity, only one singles loss this year (to Kobashi)

Dave Finlay - Former Tag Team Champion, wrestled every tour, mostly winning. 

Yuji Nagata - Challenged for the IWGP Heavyweight, formed Blue Justice this year, won most of his matches, major feud with Finlay being built.

Jun Akiyama - The regular tag partner to Kobashi, is this his time to shine brightest? A win against his friend and the IWGP Heavyweight title would skyrocket him. 

Rhino - Feuding with Nishimura, and Yuji Nagata, 89 popularity. Admittedly a bit filler.

Hiroyoshi Tenzan - Leader of GBH. Had a solid showing in the New Japan Cup, making it to the semi-finals. Former Openweight Champ.

Osamu Nishimura  - Feuding with Rhino. 85 popularity. Admittedly a bit filler.

B Block: Block of proving yourself, surviving, and perhaps last chances?

Chris Jericho: Intercontinental Champion. Finally considered a main event talent. Always did mediocre in the G1, this is his chance.

Shinsuke Nakamura: Winner of the New Japan Cup, defeated Kobashi in the finals only to lose to Hashimoto and then lost his IC title to Jericho.

Minoru Suzuki: Lost the IWGP Heavyweight title to Hashimoto at WK. Feud with Keiji Mutoh.

Kensuke Sasaki: Perhaps the most decorated champion in NJPW history. 3x Tag League, 2x G1 (back to back), 2x Heavyweight, 5x Tag Team. Sasaki is also the #2 to Hashimoto's #1 in Sekigun. He doesn't fit the "theme" so to speak but he does indeed find himself running out of time to step out of Hashimoto's shadow.

Keiji Mutoh: The most obvious choice if you read above. Mutoh is indeed on his last legs, both as a faction leader, and as a wrestler (time decline getting bad.) If Mutoh does poorly, or perhaps anything short of winning the G1, Mutoh could be in serious trouble as a main eventer in NJPW.

Mick Foley: Former Tag Team champion. A recent (re) signing. Is going to be feuding/putting Orton and Nakamura.

Randy Orton: Former IWGP US champion this year. Longest reigning and most defenses as well (5). Hoping to get him over this G1.

Toshiaki Kawada: Kawada is a bit similar to Sasaki, both have had great careers as #2 guys in their respective faction, and both were definitely #3 guys at one point (Fujinami/Hashimoto/Sasaki, and Misawa/Kobashi/Kawada).

Satoshi Kojima: Had a successful singles run so far in 2006, but came up short numerous times. Impressed enough to keep his spot from last year due to ending the campaign strong. 

Katsuyori Shibata: Constantly feuded and impeded Tanahashi (though lost the feud), feuding with Mutoh-gun, and looking to make his G1 debut look like a fluke, when he finished at 8 points.

That's the update! Easily my favorite save of all time.

Another great read of ya save. Curious what the scheduling and your broadcast deals are setup like for some inspiration?

12 minutes ago, Money Mac said:

Another great read of ya save. Curious what the scheduling and your broadcast deals are setup like for some inspiration?

The games financially over. Way too easy to amass insane amounts of cash, so everything is now Enormous, with full coverage. Though I did start with NJPW World only when Japan and Mexico could be started at Enormous. The scheduling is a bit hectic at times and I admit needs to be refined after so long of modifying it without fixing it in some locations. The BOSJ/G1/Tag League all have tours, that are just 18 days (G1 Climax Day 1 A Block, so on so forth.) But other than that there are 5-8 tours in between each event. The structure however is very unlike a real tour, it is mostly like this:

Young Lions vs. Dads/Lower card faction guys who take pins/Younger Prospects

Young Lions vs. Dads/Lower card faction guys who take pins/Younger Prospects

Minor Feud Build Up Match (Openweight, Trios, JHW Tag, etc)

Major Feud Build Up (Singles Titles sans Openweight.)

Since I have so many belts, like NJPW does, I can cycle the feuds throughout the week. Though the Heavyweight feud is often placed on my weekly show that I do every Friday, which mostly serves as a "Shit, I can't fit this title match on the card, next week I'll defend it here." Or a very recent example, Hashimoto & Sasaki vs. Kobashi & Kawada is way too big of a match to put on a throwaway tour, so it goes on my weekly show to build up hype. It's pretty easy to book, since 2 of the matches are inconsequential and I usually pre-book the feuds at the start of every month.

Fun fact: My most paid worker is not even a wrestler anymore, it is Misawa at 1.2m a month. The most I have EVER paid for somebody in any save since I found TEW, which was 13. 

Edited by Peria
  • Like 1

Gonna start doing previews for when I post PPVs! Starting with the Big One!

TNA Bound For Glory 2006!

Main Event: Christian Cage (C) vs. AJ Styles for the NWA World Heavyweight Championship- A story of jealousy. When Christian Cage came into TNA in 2004, he expected to be the top star of the company, but instead, he was overshadowed by the already present Phenomenal One. Even worse was when Cage lost his 1st NWA Title to Styles. After beating Styles to win the TNA X-Division title, he enjoyed his success, but it just wasn't enough for him. But AJ came knocking again, with the double title match at Lockdown. There, Cage would join Team Canada, to both show this Canadian pride and also to spite TNA. Now, after Styles pinned Cage twice in tag matches to earn a #1 Contender's spot, the men are set to do battle again, on the biggest stage of them all. Will Cage achieve his dream, or will The Phenomenal One win the gold once again?

30-Minute Ultimate Submission: Lance Storm vs. Kurt Angle- Similarly to AJ/Cage, a story of envy. I  originally brought Storm in just to help Petey Williams get over. But when I booked Lance Storm vs. Sting on an NWA PPV and got a 94, that's when I realized the potential he had. Storm became my go-to midcard guy, always producing great matches. And in 2006 he was rewarded for his efforts with the NWA World Tag Team and X-Division titles. But ever since Kurt Angle joined TNA, he feels like his spot as the best technical wrestler in the company has been threatened, Which lead to him costing Angle the NWA title at Unbreakable. Angle would then return the receipt by costing Storm his newly won X-Division title in a match against Christopher Daniels. After fights during tag matches, one which led to Storm tapping out, he challenged Angle to an ultimate submission match, and now, we'll see who's the best technical wrestler in TNA.

Elix Skipper vs. Low-Ki vs. Christopher Daniels (C) for the TNA X-Division Championship-Simple story, three former teammates going for the gold. Low-Ki wanted a match with Daniels, but Skipper objected. They fought in a #1 Contender's match at Impact!, only for it to end in a Double KO. After seeing what his former partners went through in order to get a shot, Daniels gave them both a shot at his X-Division title. Worth noting here is that Elix Skipper is the only person in this match that hasn't won the X-Division title.

Monster's Ball: Abyss vs. CM Punk-The Punk/Cabana/Steel vs. "SES" war has been going for most of the year now, leading to it's first casualty, as Cabana (who turned against Punk) got hurt in his match with Punk at Unbreakable. Now, Omega being the coward he is, sicks Abyss on Punk, for revenge, in Abyss' signature match type. The question lingers, Does Punk fear The Monster?

International Dream Match: Samoa Joe vs. Jun Akiyama-Samoa Joe is the most dominant man in TNA. Out of his 61 matches, he only lost 4 times. But now Joe looks east for stronger opponents, he's beaten Kensuke Sasaki, and Satoshi Kojima. But now he's facing Pro Wrestling NOAH superstar Jun Akiyama!

Motor City Machine Guns Debut Match: Aries & Strong (C) vs. Motor City Machine Guns (Chris Sabin & Alex Shelley) for the NWA World Tag Team Championship-Another simple story. Sabin & Shelley started as a team in August 2006, and took a month off in order to build skill. Now, rechristen as the Motor City Machine Guns, they challenge TNA's top tag team, Austin Aries & Roderick Strong! Who's the best team in TNA?

Special Debut Match: Monty Brown/Scott Steiner/Sting/Josh Barnett vs. X/Jeff Jarrett/Briscoe Brothers- After 2 years of not being at the top of the company he created, Jeff Jarrett has the plan to get back at the top. He enlisted the help of rednecks Jay & Mark Briscoe, and targted Monty Brown! Now Brown has joined together with some of TNA's toughest to fight Jarrett, The Briscoes, and Jarrett's secret man, full of youth and venom!

the Latin American Xchange (C) Latin Tag Invitational for the L.A.X. 5150 Latin American Tag Team Championships- After being stripped of the NWA tag titles, L.A.X. refused to take them back. They created their own titles, with the stip of it only being defended against latin tag teams. They have defended successfully on 5 occasions now, and now, they challenging any tag teams in one big bash!

Show will be posted soon.

The State of Hollywood Global Championship Wrestling, April 1999

For the first time in awhile I've gotten back into CV97 and decided to go with HGC again, but wanted to try and do something I've not done in any of my previous playthroughs with the company and focus on the rapidly changing mind of the young J.K Stallings for the first two or so years of the save. Ended up with the some interesting results, the company going from Sports Entertainment madness in the first year with Rip Chord, Lee Wright, Jack Bruce, and Sam Strong hot-potato'ing the belt back and forth. Jack Bruce eventually won the belt back, cemented himself as the companies top young face (I have decided that I want Jack Bruce to become the Tommy Cornell of this Universe. The main Non-SWF Star, so the SWF can keep Tommy). 

Throughout this entire process I had little story clues pop up about the arrival of "The Emperor". Lee Wright called himself "The Omen", Raymond Diaz eventually signed and was known as "The Heir", all of this leading to the arrival of Dread, who immediately beat Jack Bruce for the belt in July of '98. In-Universe, Dread is said to be the reason why the company flipped on a dime from this style of Sports Entertainment to East Meets West, creating some odd Puro-Entertainment style of wrestling where Dread & Jack Bruce serve as mirrors of each other. Right now, Dread still has the belt, and barring a tragedy he'll at least hold it until Total Mayhem, where he'll once again face Ricky Dale Johnson, winner of the first ever Hollywood Champion's League, who has spent the time since the last Dread match preparing for the fight of his life. Waiting in the wings are Bruce The Giant, who was recently signed away from the SWF on a two-year deal, Steve DeColt, who holds the Box Office Briefcase (basically just MITB), and Dan Stone Jr. Those last two have been tag partners since signing with the company, but tension is finally seeming to grow as both have younger brothers (Alex DeColt and Duane Stone) who are starting to shine in the company, and those younger brothers do not like each other. I have a year+ long plan here, let's hope no one gets injured, goes on hiatus, or decides to become a politician in that time. 

The International Title has been much less interesting, passed around, though nowhere near as much as the tag titles. It was unified with the Hardcore Title in December of '97. Currently Johnny Martin holds it, and this is basically to keep him up the card without making him a main eventer since he isn't factored into anything. Previous notable champions include Dragon Mexicano (Luis Montero in a mask), Steve DeColt, Jake Haines (The Big Easy), Demon Spite (twice, now in the SWF), Liberty, Mr. Lucha, and Ricky Dale Johnson (then known as Cowboy Ricky Dale). 

The Cruiserweight Title has a similar story, but in recent months I've used it to elevate two future Main Eventers, Duane Stone and Pablo Rodriguez. Pablo still holds the title and probably will for awhile. Previous Champions include Electrico (3 times, two with 0 defenses, call him Captain Transition if you want), Duane Stone, Mr. Lucha (twice), Natsu Miyamae, Dragon Mexicano, Ken Shimedzu, and Jack Bruce (before weight gain). The Jack Bruce vs Mr. Lucha feud at the start of '97 is what actually made me realize how good Jack Bruce could be in this save.

The Tag Belts have been prime late 1990s chaotic booking. I've completed a full page of reigns in less than 3 years. The Belt has been vacated 3 times, though two of them are from Demon Anger being unreliable (Suspension then Hiatus, both Demons are gone now). Raymond Diaz & Lee Wright are the current champions, on their second reign. Previous champions include Koji & Koki (2 day reign, won the vacant titles, given as a thank you before I let them go back to Japan so they could open WLW), The Vessey Brothers (twice, vacated after a short Bryan Vessey injury, basically just used it as a way to give the belts back to Raymond and Wright without the Vessey's losing), Ares (Vengeance/Skull DeBones, now with SWF) & BLZ Bubb, Demon Anger (On Hiatus/Hopefully Never Coming Back) & Demon Spite (now in SWF) (3 time champions), Bo Bailey & Phillip Roberts, Alexander Robinson & Lee Bennett (Now Tag Champions in SWF), Dan Stone Jr & Steve DeColt, Outbacker Rolf & Outbacker Harris (now jobbers on my roster, can't stand them), with Sam Strong & Liberty being the first champions. 

For in-year awards, we have the previously mentioned Box-Office Briefcase, held by Steve DeColt, previously held by Ricky Dale Johnson (won it from Johnny Martin after I had to punish Martin for getting into a incident with the police) and Johnny Martin in 1998, and Lee Wright, who won it in 1997. 1998 saw the debut of two tournaments, the The Hollywood Champion's League, won by Ricky Dale Johnson, and the Tag Team Grand Prix, won by the Vesseys. 

Won't go in-depth with future plans unless someone is curious, but like I said, the Stones & DeColts may be the major players at the turn of the New Millenia. Let's hope American fans are ready for some Canadian Combat starting soon. Other interesting characters for the coming months who were not mentioned include the current Captain HGC (Marcos Flores in a Mask), Serpiente Voladora (Spanish Superfly in a Mask), and a Sam Strong who's "retirement" (aka I have nothing for you so I'm going to have you lose and become a Colour Commentator until your contract is up) may be coming up.

(also, let me just shout out BestForTheBusiness and his incredible renders. I would not be anywhere near as invested in this save as I am if it wasn't for him creating these beautiful renders that I can use to give life to these characters). 

• Like 4

On 3/20/2023 at 7:31 PM, SuperRamenmakerOkada said:

- 3-Way for the X-Division title!

-Angle vs. Cage!

-AMW vs. Aries & Strong!

-Brown vs. Jarrett!

-Punk vs. Cabana!

-L.A.X. defend their 5150 Latin America Tag Titles!

It's TNA Unbreakable..... in CANADA!

Talking Points:

-I forgot to put it on the actual card, but the Briscoe Brothers (Jay & Mark) debuted by helping Jeff Jarrett! Reports are coming in that a big-time WWE superstar is coming into TNA to join their faction! He's young, hungry, and full of venom!

-Once again I followed that "actually do what TNA did irl" format for the main event, and once again I'm disappointed. But that isn't the match im expecting to get my first 100 rating on.... 

-Colt Cabana has a badly herniated disc, he'll be out for a year (unless i use surgery)

Anyway, next time it's Bound For Glory, so I'll have to be on my A-game!

Screenshot 2023-03-20 192114.png

Screenshot 2023-03-20 192131.png

-Styles vs. Cage for the NWA title!

-An Ulitmate Submission match!

-All belts are defended

-Akiyama vs. Joe!

-Jarrett's Mystery Partner revealed!

It's time for TNA's biggest show, BOUND FOR GLORY 2006!

Talking Points:

-RANDY ORTON IS IN TNA! He's one of my pillars (Important figures in my save). The next one is coming at the end of 2007, and I'll give you a hint, he's a person many people believe should've been a world champion.

-I got my first 100 match with Angle & Storm

-After this, something's gonna happen with the Latin American Tag Titles....

Screenshot 2023-03-24 180608.png

Screenshot 2023-03-24 180623.png

• Like 2

Started a game with Ohio Valley Wrestling while testing out my April 2004 mod to make sure things play how they should, and it's proving to be pretty fun.

The main storylines going into April in OVW

OVW's top heel faction is The Team Players a group led by Inspector Max Impact (Luther Reigns) who is basically a planted stooge for John Laurinaitis who sent him to OVW as his personal mole to see to it that the company is ran how the WWE wants it to be. Impact uses various means to bend OVW to the Team Players' will, including bribing roster members to do his bidding with "main roster perks" like cash bonuses. OVW Heavyweight Champion "Mr. Wrestling" Nick Dinsmore is an unwilling member of the group, mostly being forced into it with promises of finally getting a main roster call up after years in developmental as well as such main roster perks as his new valet Venus. Rounding out the faction are OVW Southern Tag Team Champions The Troubleshooters, Chris Masters and Brent Albright who recently toppled the tandem of Adrenaline - Chris Cage and Tank Toland for the belts.

Former members include Passion and Mark Magnus (Muhammad Hassan), though they just recently made their exit from the company after losing a loser leaves OVW match to Standing Thunder and Alexis Laree. Though Passion was technically the one who lost and was forced to leave, Magnus blamed himself and announced to the OVW crowd that he was quitting professional wrestling for good.

The biggest thorn in the side of the faction has been Sean O'Haire, who returned to OVW in February after recovering from injuries received in a motorcycle crash. While Max Impact stacked the deck against the OVW roster as Laurinaitis' personal Inspector, O'Haire had been sent to OVW as an Inspector as well - by none other than Jim Ross! 

Former Tough Enough winners Matt Cappotelli and Johnny Nitro's run as a tag team came to an end when Nitro accused Cappotelli of being something of a "glory hog" after securing a pair of singles victories over The Disciples of Synn's Seven and Travis Bane in back to back week's at the start of the year. In reality, the main roster stardom of being Eric Bischoff's personal assistant on Monday Night RAW had clearly gone to Nitro's ever growing head. Cappotelli, thinking he'd get one over on his former partner, brought in an ex-girlfriend by the name of Melina Perez who had promised to expose how awful of a person Nitro had always been. What happened instead, was Perez delivering a low blow to Cappotelli before aligning with both Nitro and his new tag team partner Joey Matthews

Booking for April 2004

Ohio Valley Wrestling TV 
Wednesday Wk 1, April 2004

- I had to mix some of the actual real life booking of this episode of OVW TV with my own since their taping schedule including the actual tag team title change that happened in March as well as Mark Magnus kayfabe "quitting" professional wrestling.
- Inspector Max Impact gave an in-ring promo telling the fans in the Davis Arena that Sean O'Haire was in no condition to show up tonight after what Mark Magnus did to him over the weekend at a WWE Live Event. Footage shows Magnus delivering a nasty Spinebuster, and Jim Cornette tells everyone on commentary that O'Haire was diagnosed with three broken ribs. (In reality, they used this to write O'Haire off television because WWE made the boneheaded decision to release him from his contract on April 3rd, but ain't no way I'm doing that!) With O'Haire out of the picture, Impact boasts that it's clear there is no way in hell Johnny Jeter is walking out of the Davis Arena with the OVW Title tonight.
- Alexis Laree and Jillian Hall def. Gail Kim and Passion by double countout after Gail Kim grew disgruntled with her partner and walked off. Gail is on an Alliance Loan from WWE to help some of the women in OVW who desperately need someone good to work with.
- The Troubleshooters (Chris Masters and Brent Albright) def. Adrenaline (Chris Cage and Tank Toland) for the OVW Sourthern Tag Team Titles (Albright forced Toland to submit with the Crowbar)
- The Jersey Shore Crew (Nova and The Idol (Aaron Stevens)) w/ Trudi DeNucci def. The Disciples of Synn (Seven (Kevin Thorne) and Travis Bane (Tomko)) w/ Synn in a Jersey Shore Street Fight when Danny Inferno debuted and helped Nova put Bane through a table with an elbow drop for the win.
-  Mark Magnus (Muhammad Hassan) comes out to the ring and says it is his fault that Nikita had to leave OVW last week and announced that he was quitting professional wrestling. The fans in the Davis Arena chant "Na Na Na Naa - Good Bye"
- "Mr. Wrestling" Nick Dinsmore def. Johnny Jeter to retain the OVW Southern Heavyweight Title with the help of Inspector Max Impact who hit Jeter with the belt, allowing Dinsmore to lock in the crossface on an unconscious Jeter to get the victory.
- After the match, OVW Tag Team Champions The Troubleshooters tried to assault Jeter along with Impact, but Sean O'Haire, wielding a steel chair and with taped up ribs, made the save as the show went to credits.

Ohio Valley Wrestling TV 
Wednesday Wk 2, April 2004

- It is announced that as a result of last week's attack by The Team Players after the main event, Johnny Jeter suffered an injury to his shoulder and will be out of action for at least three weeks. In footage from "earlier today," Sean O'Haire confronted Inspector Max Impact and OVW Heavyweight Champion Nick Dinsmore in their locker room, challenging Dinsmore for the title. Instead, the Inspector laid out a challenge of his own... should O'Haire find a partner and defeat Impact and Dinsmore next week on OVW TV he'll get his title shot.
- Carly Colon and Da Beast w/ Nurse Lulu def. The Bell Brothers (Mike Bell and "Mad Dog" Mark Bell). Da Beast is a young Shad Gaspard, and Colon is of course Carlito. I'm thinking of slowly morphing Carly into Carlito here in OVW as I build him up. They seem to pair together pretty well too, so Da Beast as the arrogant Colon's muscle could prove to work well. Nurse Lulu was the younger sister of Tough Enough winner Nidia. She didn't last in the business long. These three are all members of Kenny Bolin's Bolin Services stable.
- Inspector Max Impact def. Rod Steele after hitting him with the ring bell. Basically an extended squash to further get Impact over as a dick. Steele was a limited big man who was actually kind of over with the crown in OVW. After the match, Impact cuts a promo on Sean O'Haire telling him that he has no friends and with Jeter on the shelf, he has no partner. OVW will bend to the will of The Team Players and there isn't a damn thing he can do about it.
- Johnny Nitro and Joey Matthews w/ Melina Perez def. Matt Cappotelli and "The First Nation Sensation" Standing Thunder w/ Alexis Laree when Nitro pins Standing Thunder after miscommunication with Cappotelli. The story here, is that Cappotelli is struggling to find a partner while Nitro, Matthews and Melina continue to see success as a unit. After the match, MNM tell Cappotelli how much of a loser he is.
- Rodney Mack made short work of "Jungle" Jim Steele in his return from injury
- In the ring, Jim Cornette interviewed Sean O'Haire. Cornette explains that in order for O'Haire to earn a shot at the OVW title, he must find a partner and defeat Inspector Impact and Nick Dinsmore in a tag team match next week. O'Haire reminds The Team Players that they aren't the only ones with main roster connections, and announces that his partner next week is none other than... Hardcore Holly!

Ohio Valley Wrestling TV 
Wednesday Wk 3, April 2004

- Gail Kim def. Alexis Laree with her feet on the ropes after a back and forth match
- Kenny Bolin and Bolin Services open up the show with Bolin talking about how all he's been hearing about in OVW lately is The Team Players and how they're going to bend OVW to their will. Well he's here to remind everyone that there is only one power faction in OVW and that's Bolin Services! Bolin talks up Carly Colon, "The Giant Killer" Mike Mondo, Da Beast and Paul E. Normous before issuing an open challenge for anyone to come on out and take on the muscle of Bolin services right here in the ring.
- Rodney Mack answered Bolin's challenge and completely steamrolled Paul E. Normous to earn his second victory since returning from injury. After the match, Bolin Services returned to the ring, and Bolin was clearly embarrassed and irate. After Paul E. Normous got to his feet, Bolin gave the order and Mondo, Colon and Da Beast turned on the muscle of Bolin Services, beating him to a pulp!
- The Jersey Shore Crew (Nova and The Idol (Aaron Stevens) w/ Trudi DeNucci), with newest member Danny Inferno (now going by Danny Gimondo) defeat Mac Johnson and Seth Skyfire when Gimondo interferes and allows Nova to pin Johnson following a top rope elbow drop.
- Sean O'Haire and Hardcore Holly def. Max Impact and OVW Heavyweight Champion "Mr. Wrestling" Nick Dinsmore after an Alabama Slam sets up The Widow Maker on Impact for the pin. After the match, O'Haire taunts Dinsmore with the belt around the waist motion as the show comes to a close.

Ohio Valley Wrestling TV 
Wednesday Wk 4, April 2004

- Jim Cornette interviewed Sean O'Haire in the ring.  The new number one contender said that he's not waiting until The Six Flags Summer Sizzler Series in May, he wants his shot at the OVW Title right here next week! O'Haire was promptly interrupted by OVW Champion Nick Dinsmore. "Mr. Wrestling" wants to make one thing clear, he may be a "Team Player" but he's never backed down from a fight. Dinsmore agrees to put the title on the line next week. That didn't make Inspector Max Impact happy who came out and chewed out Dinsmore, telling him that "Mr. Laurinaitus wouldn't like that decision." After some back and forth, Impact shoved Dinsmore into O'Haire and then blindsided him with a big boot. But as Impact mounted his attack, Hardcore Holly ran in for the save and fought him off.
- Standing Thunder def. Mike Mondo w/ Kenny Bolin. This was supposed to set up a program with Standing Thunder and Alexis Laree against Carly Colon and Nurse Lulu as they interfered in the match in an attempt to help their Bolin Services stable mate win the match, but botched it allowing Standing Thunder to pick up the win.  However, Standing Thunder suffered a back injury in the match and that put heat on Mondo with the locker room who believe it was his fault that Thunder was injured. The injury forced me to change the following segment that was supposed to see Alexis Laree rush to Standing Thunder's aid with them fighting off Colon and Lulu, but since he wasn't able to participate (getting medical attention) I had to take him out of the angle and just have Laree fight off Lulu. 
- After commercial, Dean Hill and Jim Cornette announced that not only would Nick Dinsmore defend the OVW Heavyweight Title against Sean O'Haire on OVW TV next week, Inspector Max Impact will take on Hardcore Holly in tonight's main event!
- Johnny Nitro, Joey Matthews and Melina Perez def. Mike Taylor, Rob Begley, and Jillian Hall when Melina pinned Jillian with her feet on the ropes. 
- After the match, Johnny Nitro again ran down Matt Cappotelli and put over how much better of a partner Joey Matthews is. Matt Cappotelli came out and told Nitro that he's found a new partner that he thinks will be a much better fit as well... the seven foot Matt Morgan! With that, Morgan slid into the ring behind Nitro and Matthews, goozling them both and taking them out with a thunderous double chokeslam!
- OVW Southern Tag Team Champion Chris Masters def. Seth Skyfire 8:50, 19
- The New and Improved Jersey Shore Crew cut a promo backstage and let everyone know that they want their OVW Southern Tag Team Titles back.
- Hardcore Holly def. Inspector Max Impact after a back and forth brawl when Impact got himself counted out and walked out of the match. However, as Impact reached the curtain, Sean O'Haire ran out and cut him off! After brawling back and forth, O'Hair threw Impact back into the ring where Holly delivered an Alabama Slam to send the crowd home happy and the show to a close.

That's all of April booked. Two days in, WWE sent their notice that Nick Dinsmore is being called up to the main roster, so getting the title on O'Haire is really the only choice at this point if I want it on the most over option. I hadn't played around with the taping schedule in previous games much before, but I do quite like taping two shows in one go, especially when they are one hour long. As a "test" for the data, this has been a fruitful experience. Rip Rogers is completely useless as a Road Agent, so his stats need to be adjusted. I'd set up the roles in the Team Players incorrectly. I'd also overlooked that The Disciples of Synn were actually faces at this time and have them set as heel. It also appears I used that dreaded "100% Heel" attribute for each of them that has to go.

• Like 1

On 3/24/2023 at 5:33 PM, SomeDude said:

For the first time in awhile I've gotten back into CV97 and decided to go with HGC again, but wanted to try and do something I've not done in any of my previous playthroughs with the company and focus on the rapidly changing mind of the young J.K Stallings for the first two or so years of the save. Ended up with the some interesting results, the company going from Sports Entertainment madness in the first year with Rip Chord, Lee Wright, Jack Bruce, and Sam Strong hot-potato'ing the belt back and forth. Jack Bruce eventually won the belt back, cemented himself as the companies top young face (I have decided that I want Jack Bruce to become the Tommy Cornell of this Universe. The main Non-SWF Star, so the SWF can keep Tommy). 

Throughout this entire process I had little story clues pop up about the arrival of "The Emperor". Lee Wright called himself "The Omen", Raymond Diaz eventually signed and was known as "The Heir", all of this leading to the arrival of Dread, who immediately beat Jack Bruce for the belt in July of '98. In-Universe, Dread is said to be the reason why the company flipped on a dime from this style of Sports Entertainment to East Meets West, creating some odd Puro-Entertainment style of wrestling where Dread & Jack Bruce serve as mirrors of each other. Right now, Dread still has the belt, and barring a tragedy he'll at least hold it until Total Mayhem, where he'll once again face Ricky Dale Johnson, winner of the first ever Hollywood Champion's League, who has spent the time since the last Dread match preparing for the fight of his life. Waiting in the wings are Bruce The Giant, who was recently signed away from the SWF on a two-year deal, Steve DeColt, who holds the Box Office Briefcase (basically just MITB), and Dan Stone Jr. Those last two have been tag partners since signing with the company, but tension is finally seeming to grow as both have younger brothers (Alex DeColt and Duane Stone) who are starting to shine in the company, and those younger brothers do not like each other. I have a year+ long plan here, let's hope no one gets injured, goes on hiatus, or decides to become a politician in that time. 

The International Title has been much less interesting, passed around, though nowhere near as much as the tag titles. It was unified with the Hardcore Title in December of '97. Currently Johnny Martin holds it, and this is basically to keep him up the card without making him a main eventer since he isn't factored into anything. Previous notable champions include Dragon Mexicano (Luis Montero in a mask), Steve DeColt, Jake Haines (The Big Easy), Demon Spite (twice, now in the SWF), Liberty, Mr. Lucha, and Ricky Dale Johnson (then known as Cowboy Ricky Dale). 

The Cruiserweight Title has a similar story, but in recent months I've used it to elevate two future Main Eventers, Duane Stone and Pablo Rodriguez. Pablo still holds the title and probably will for awhile. Previous Champions include Electrico (3 times, two with 0 defenses, call him Captain Transition if you want), Duane Stone, Mr. Lucha (twice), Natsu Miyamae, Dragon Mexicano, Ken Shimedzu, and Jack Bruce (before weight gain). The Jack Bruce vs Mr. Lucha feud at the start of '97 is what actually made me realize how good Jack Bruce could be in this save.

The Tag Belts have been prime late 1990s chaotic booking. I've completed a full page of reigns in less than 3 years. The Belt has been vacated 3 times, though two of them are from Demon Anger being unreliable (Suspension then Hiatus, both Demons are gone now). Raymond Diaz & Lee Wright are the current champions, on their second reign. Previous champions include Koji & Koki (2 day reign, won the vacant titles, given as a thank you before I let them go back to Japan so they could open WLW), The Vessey Brothers (twice, vacated after a short Bryan Vessey injury, basically just used it as a way to give the belts back to Raymond and Wright without the Vessey's losing), Ares (Vengeance/Skull DeBones, now with SWF) & BLZ Bubb, Demon Anger (On Hiatus/Hopefully Never Coming Back) & Demon Spite (now in SWF) (3 time champions), Bo Bailey & Phillip Roberts, Alexander Robinson & Lee Bennett (Now Tag Champions in SWF), Dan Stone Jr & Steve DeColt, Outbacker Rolf & Outbacker Harris (now jobbers on my roster, can't stand them), with Sam Strong & Liberty being the first champions. 

For in-year awards, we have the previously mentioned Box-Office Briefcase, held by Steve DeColt, previously held by Ricky Dale Johnson (won it from Johnny Martin after I had to punish Martin for getting into a incident with the police) and Johnny Martin in 1998, and Lee Wright, who won it in 1997. 1998 saw the debut of two tournaments, the The Hollywood Champion's League, won by Ricky Dale Johnson, and the Tag Team Grand Prix, won by the Vesseys. 

Won't go in-depth with future plans unless someone is curious, but like I said, the Stones & DeColts may be the major players at the turn of the New Millenia. Let's hope American fans are ready for some Canadian Combat starting soon. Other interesting characters for the coming months who were not mentioned include the current Captain HGC (Marcos Flores in a Mask), Serpiente Voladora (Spanish Superfly in a Mask), and a Sam Strong who's "retirement" (aka I have nothing for you so I'm going to have you lose and become a Colour Commentator until your contract is up) may be coming up.

(also, let me just shout out BestForTheBusiness and his incredible renders. I would not be anywhere near as invested in this save as I am if it wasn't for him creating these beautiful renders that I can use to give life to these characters). 

I miss the Cormell Verse. I can't access my 2016 save, and would love to see where your 97 save goes.

• Like 1

I have only recently purchased the game but after a trial save, I have finally settled on playing a 2004 Ruthless aggression save. I’m playing as Shane McMahon (booker)  WWE.

I did increase the starting funds to £100 million so I’m playing a sandbox style save. 

I’ve setup 2 Child Companies NXT & WCW which are acting as feeders for the main WWE roster. NXT is effectively where rookies (under 3 years experience go) before feeding into WCW series and then WWE once ready. With lots of wrestlers being demoted to development, I’ve removed the raw / smack down brand spilts and with it one of the Heavyweight & Cruiserweight titles I have also reintroduced the Hardcore Title (big fan of the attitude era)

In terms of stories, Shawn Michaels formed a temp alliance with Rey Mysterio and the Hardy Boyz to take on Evolution. This resulted in Rey Mysterio taking the IC title at Backlash before Michael’s screwed him over in the rematch, helping Orton win the title back. Michael’s joined evolution and turned heel at the same time. The Hardy Boyz are the tag team champs after winning the belts off Batista and Flair at WM 

Chris Benoit won the rumble with Eddie Guerrero the last man to be defeated. Benoit subsequently won the World Heavyweight title at WM vs Brock.

Eddie went on a bit of downward spiral following the Rumble losing his next 6 matches. This ultimately led him to turn heel and turn on Chavo. 

I was planning on Eddie G winning the first MITB, but Triple H was then caught having an affair with Trish Stratus which has resulted in the breakdown of his marriage with Stephanie.  The McMahon’s all now hate both Triple H and Trish. I’ve used the drama to my advantage as I’ve just kicked off a story of the McMahons vs the Power Couple. The McMahons want to destroy them both and I plan to start that off by placing them both HHH and Trish in really tough handicap matches. Trish is already my woman’s champion and I might now give the MITB win to  HHH, have him win the title off Benoit and then have Trish and HHH as the new power couple of the WWE.

John Cena is US Champion - planning for a 6 month plus reign to build him up. RVD won a hardcore tournament to take the vacant title and he will soon drop it to JBL who has stolen the belt from RVDs locker room kicking off a feud. JBL has put in some really solid in ring performances so I thought I’d give him a shot. 

sorry lots to read there but felt like there was quite a bit to cover. 

Edited by jimpanzee
  • Like 3

On 3/24/2023 at 5:33 PM, SomeDude said:

In case anyone was wondering, Total Mayhem III ended quite well. Now it's time for a new era in HGC.

(Also, this FM23 skin by Mammoth is incredible)

TOTAL MAYHEM.png

Edited by SomeDude
  • Like 1

The G1 Climax (16th) Climax has concluded. I will be going over all of the stories and such here, as briefly as possible. The number next to their names is their final points, with 2 per win, 1 per draw, 0 per loss.

A Block:

Kenta Kobashi (11): The IWGP Heavyweight title enters the block with massive momentum. Drawing with Hashimoto, the former champion, caused some doubt and wore Kobashi down bad, as he lost to stablemate Jun Akiyama on Night 7. More shocking was Kobashi's first loss, fresh as can be. Kobashi dropped a match to Rhino. The Gore proved to be too much for Kobashi, which perhaps might be setting up a title match in the future. (Spoiler: It does) However, Kobashi was unable to move to the finals, continuing the curse of IWGP Heavyweight champions being unable to reach the finals, as 11 was not quite enough.

Shinya Hashimoto (11): The former IWGP Heavyweight champion also ironically clocks in at 11 points. Hashimoto obviously drew with Kobashi, and actually lost to a familiar face: Jun Akiyama, which happened on the very first night! Hashimoto would also fall to the onslaught of Brock Lesnar, even before his hellacious draw with Kobashi, on night 4. Hashimoto, now the last bastion of the Three Musketeers who still competes at a high level, could have seen his final top-tier G1 performance. A crushing blow.

Rhino (10): The Manbeast had quite the G1. Albeit an inconsistent one. Think of him like Ishii right now, hard hitting, fast, intense. Doesn't back down. Wins stoically, loses stoically. That is Rhino in this save. Indeed, Rhino's biggest weakness was being unable to string together wins, largely due to fatigue and his one-note strategy of just barraging his opponent. It did work on the older wrestlers though, and the ones cocky, brave, or stupid enough to stand in his way. His major victories included a win over both Kobashi, and Tanahashi, who were both foolish enough to underestimate Rhino. Sadly, he did not make it to this years G1 final, though he potentially earn a title shot. (Spoilers: He did)

Yuji Nagata (10): The leader of Blue Justice, and the man who risked it all. Yuji Nagata is (was) attempting to seize his moment, with the "Guard Shift" that is being talked about, Nagata's biggest victory comes at the cost of Kenta Kobashi on the final night. Yuji Nagata might not have fully come back from his campaign a winner, but he has proven he can hang with the elite of NJPW, and can claim responsibility for preventing Kobashi a G1 finals shot.

Jun Akiyama (10): The last of the 10s, a tight G1 this year also means Jun Akiyama is unfortunately unable to make it to the finals. Previously mentioned, Akiyama had a major victory over Kobashi, AND Hashimoto. So why was it that Akiyama fell to both Osamu Nishimura and an injured Hiroyoshi Tenzan? Like Rhino, inconsistency plays up big here. As both of these men could have very well made it to the finals if they didn't drop easier matches than the ones they've already won.

Brock Lesnar (8): Its weird that Lesnar isn't super pushed right now, but he is just quite shy of main event level skillwise. Popularity wise, this was incredible for him. His pop went from 80 to 91 in 2-3 months. Again, every gaijin that Kobashi faces gets massively over. Lesnar had a great debut G1 though. 8 points is solid, and he had a huge win over Hashimoto and even Nagata during the tourney. His final match on his blocks final night saw him and Rhino compete for a positive record, with Rhino overpowering Lesnar, a rivalry that is set up for the future.

Osamu Nishimura (8): The successor of The Dragon Tatsumi Fujinami has been in a massive slump the past 3-4 years. Although he did hold the NEVER Openweight Six Man titles a year ago, those titles aren't anything to boast about. Indeed, it's been 4 years since he has had success as a singles star, and clocking in at 8 points isn't terrible, but many can't help but expect more from the man chosen to replace the 6x IWGP Heavyweight champion Fujinami. One thing he CAN boast about however is his victory over Shinya Hashimoto on the final night, preventing Hashimoto from winning the block. 

Hiroyoshi Tenzan (6): It hurts to see the co-leader of GBH fall so low, but an injury on Night 1 severely hampered his chances. Insisting he continue the G1, Tenzan showed great improvement over the past years, but that nagging shoulder injury prevented him from hitting the Tombstone multiple times in his matches. It is hard to fault him, but many doubt he will make next years G1 outside of being a singles champion.

Dave Finlay (4): Most likely his final G1 ends in bitter defeat for the Fighting Irishman. The 47 year old struggled throughout, despite looking competitive in nearly every match, being above the average for match time this campaign. Despite that, Finlay, who rejoined NJPW on a high, recapturing the IWGP Tag Team titles with another returning star in Mick Foley, has perhaps reached his limits.

Hiroshi Tanahashi (WINNER) (12): Tanahashi entering the final night stood at 10 points, Kobashi and Hashimoto both at 11. Both men had matches that were considered a bit on the easy side, with Osamu and Nagata respectively, but by no means free. Tanahashi on the other hand, had an injured Tenzan on the final night. A chance was there, the Gods could very well bless the Ace of New Japan. And they did. Tanahashi narrowly squeaked by, despite falling to both Hashimoto and Kobashi, it was the loss to Rhino that spelled doom for Tanahashi on Night 8. Everything lined up perfectly, and now Tanahashi faces the winner of the B Block.

B Block

Chris Jericho (11): A frustrating G1 that could be attributed to his only hubris, the Intercontinental Champion had his best performance yet in the G1 at an extremely impressive 11 points. His previous attempt he fell short at just 8 points, in 2005, and again 8 points in 2004. Jericho's downfall began when he viciously attacked Kawada after suffering his first defeat on Night 4. This provoked Jun Akiyama's ire who stepped and barraged Jericho, resulting in a beatdown that Jericho probably could have done without. Jericho would then drop his next match to Sasaki, a man whose G1 was extremely interesting (more on that) and Satoshi Kojima. Still, Jericho just had to beat the winner on Night 9 and because of that, he would break the tie and advance... unfortunately, he would hit the time limit finish being unable to put away the winner of B Block.

Toshiaki Kawada (10): A decent G1 showing for the ever aging Toshiaki Kawada, having major victories against both Minoru Suzuki and Chris Jericho, Kawada was hampered by an injury caused by Jericho early on, despite that, he was likely least impacted by said injury, as he continues stoically thrashing his opponents down. Still, at 42 years old, and a G1 Climax win already under his belt, Kawada is very likely reaching the finale of his time at the top (Spoilers: He is in decline)

Satoshi Kojima (10): Doing GBH proud, Kojima has a stellar performance this G1 at 10 points. Kojima has stepped up his game tremendously since striking out of Chono's shadow alongside Tenzan. Earning a major victory against Chris Jericho, similar to Akiyama, though, Kojima has consistency issues which prevent him from reaching the pinnacle of NJPW. Failing to beat rival and recently returned Nakamura, An aging breaking down Keiji Mutoh, and more. Kojima still can hold the fact that unlike Tenzan, he has almost guaranteed a return to next years G1.

Shinsuke Nakamura (9): After a vicious downward spiral within the span of 2 months, which started with winning the NJ Cup, losing the subsequent challenge to a then undefeated Hashimoto, and then losing the IC title to Jericho 2 weeks later, Nakamura returned with a newer attitude and a more vicious style (Read; Hes halfway to King of Strong Style) and yet... he still came up short. Despite this, Nakamura didn't look overly phased. 4 wins 4 losses, and a draw to fellow graduate Katsuyori Shibata, which was rare considering Shibata's style of just beating you down quickly. Nobody knows quite what Nakamura is planning to be this cool after a hyped up return falling flat.

Keiji Mutoh (8): Perhaps the major story in the B Block rightfully goes to Keiji Mutoh, a disappointing two years and a sharp decline in his skills, a failing faction barely holding on as the younger talent he recruited buckle under the pressure of carrying the older guys like Dan Severn, Kazuo Yamazaki, Naoki Sano, and Mutoh himself. Indeed 2006 is a year of realization that Mutoh is losing his spot at the top. After declaring he will win this G1, return to form, and main event Wrestle Kingdom... Mutoh.. is left with disappointment. A harsh realization that he was unable, and it's simply because time and the wear and tear has gotten to him. Mutoh has to be thinking the end is near, we know he'll go out with the biggest bang, the question is when?

Mick Foley (8): A decent showing for Mick Foley, who rejoined NJPW this year, shocking everyone and claiming the Tag Team titles. They would lose them to a returning Triple H (from injury, tore his quad lmao) and Shawn Michaels, who were denied their match at WK due to said injury. Despite all that Mick, ever the optimist, entered the G1 and had a bit of a rough time. He did manage to defeat Randy Orton, who would trash talking Mick throughout the G1. He would also beat Keiji Mutoh. Mick had a solid but unspectacular G1 overall.

Kensuke Sasaki (8): A shockingly mediocre performance by Sasaki on paper, but one of the best comebacks seen in the G1. Sasaki would fall 0-4 in his campaign extremely early, winning every singular match afterward. A 4 win streak that would actually get crushed by none other than Shinsuke Nakamura on the final night. Nothing more to say.

Katsuyori Shibata (7): A disappointing performance for Chono's handpicked protégé in Shibata. He suffered the same fate as Rhino, who albeit had a higher success than Shibata. Too one-note and one dimensional, Shibata only pushed forward and fought everybody fairly. If he perhaps adapted to Jericho's generalist all around style, or chose to tackle Sasaki with his technical prowess instead of attempting to out strike him. Shibata is still very young though, and has loads of time to figure out his strengths. Chono does not. 

Randy Orton (6): Again, Chono picked Orton and Shibata and both have failed spectacularly. For Shibata it was his one-note style that betrayed him. For Orton... it was actually the opposite. Orton is an allrounder but he suffered from playing to his opponents strengths. Against Sasaki? He tried to stand and bang. Against Suzuki? He wanted to show his technical skills. Against Jericho? Orton even tried high flying. A constant showboat, Orton felt more he should showcase how good he could be rather than how good he is.

Minoru Suzuki (WINNER) (13): Minoru Suzuki looked to be the clear winner as far back as Night 6. Defeating nearly everyone who got in his way, on a rampage to make amends and repent for his crushing loss to Hashimoto at Wrestle Kingdom this year. He did just that. With two losses only, and confusing ones at that: Randy Orton and Keiji Mutoh, Suzuki looked nigh unstoppable. His final night unfortunately was a draw with Chris Jericho. Jericho defiantly reminding Suzuki that he is not the only one attempting to usurp the old guard. 

I'll just spoil you guys here: Hiroshi Tanahashi def. Minoru Suzuki to win the 16th G1 Climax tournament. I'm sure you could have all guessed it.

• Like 4

TNA Sacrifice 2006!

What Sacrifices have you made for Glory?

Main Event: “The Phenomenal” AJ Styles (C) vs. “The Fallen Angel” Christopher Daniels for the NWA World Heavyweight Championship- Two longtime friends go at it for the biggest prize in TNA. After AJ beat Christian Cage at BFG Christopher Daniels called him out for a title match on Impact! Daniels wants to complete the triple crown, as he’s been X-Division champ twice and a 4-time NWA Tag Champion. But he was met with some blowback, mainly by an upset Christian Cage. After calling out Daniels on Impact!, Cage loses to Daniels in an #1 Contender’s match, solidifying the match with Styles at Sacrifice. Can the 35 Year Old Daniels beat the younger, quicker, 6-time NWA World Champion Styles? Or will the Phenomenal One do it again?

Dream Match: “The Icon” Sting vs. Kurt Angle- Easy to explain, two legends of the business going at it for the first time. Both men didn’t have a match on the PPV and Sting stepped up to Angle’s challenge. 

Motor City Machine Guns (Chris Sabin & Alex Shelley) (C) vs. America’s Most Wanted for the NWA World Tag Team Championships- I’m gonna be honest, AMW hasn’t done all that good this year. They have a 1-4 record on PPVs, and have lost all their tag title matches this year, no matter the champions. Now, with a little streak of luck recently, they have gotten themselves into a match with a hot new tag team by the name of the Motor City Machine Guns. Can AMW get their 9th NWA Tag Title?

International Battle: “The Samoan Submission Machine” Samoa Joe vs. Akira Taue [Pro Wrestling NOAH]- Last Month at Bound For Glory, Samoa Joe beat another NOAH icon in Jun Akiyama. Now, he challenges one of the Four Pillars with Akira Taue. He beat Genichiro Tenryu and Shinsuke Nakamura up to this point. Can the Samoan Submission Machine topple another puro legend?

“The Genetic Freak” Scott Steiner vs. “The Instant Classic” Christian Cage- An match made quickly after the last Impact before Sacrifice. Cage has lost the NWA Title, a #1 Contender’s Match against Daniels, his #2 in Lance Storm wasn’t reporting to him for most of the month. Things haven’t been looking good. And after getting into Scott Steiner’s face, we now have this match set up. Does Cage still have it?

“The Leading Man” “The Viper” Randy Orton vs. “The Alpha Male” Monty Brown- Randy Orton has inherited Jeff Jarrett’s problem in the form of Monty Brown! After his big debut at Bound For Glory, Orton revealed that his group is called RKO Productions, a movie production company! He announced his sights on the NWA title, but the week after, Brown came out after their match, and announced he wanted Orton! Randy was distraught by this, but Jarrett brought in a man who knows Randy well and can calm his feelings: “The Top Agent” “Cowboy” Bob Orton! Bob had the idea of using Jarrett’s power in TNA to throw the Briscoes at Brown in a 2 on 1 handicap match, but the “Alpha Male” made quick work of Dem Boys. Now, can Orton topple his first big challenge in TNA? Also, before the match, we’ll see a preview of Orton’s first big movie!

“Primetime” Elix Skipper (C) vs. Lance Storm for the TNA X-Division Championship- Ever since his loss to Kurt Angle at BFG, Storm has kinda lost it. Instead of wearing his usual Team Canada white and red, he’s now gone back to black with red, and now his nationalism has been ramped up to 100. Not only that, he hasn’t teamed with Team Canada until the last Impact before Sacrifice! And now, he has his target on the X-Division title and Elix Skipper, who he has a history with (WCW Team Canada). Storm attacked Skipper and Kazarian in his first defense,  and Skipper has beaten Eric Young & Petey Williams up to this point! Both men are ready, and can Skipper retain his title?

*Any matches not mentioned will be shown on the card.

Talking Points:

-Styles & Daniels went to a 60-minute draw! (Yeah I know a bit excessive, but wanted to do a 60-minute draw at some point during the save.)

-Lance Storm has won the X-Division Title!

-Randy Orton showed his new film "Ranbo"!

-Roode & Young get a big win in the tag team match, and Punk & Steel and Omega & Abyss went at it after the match!

Screenshot 2023-04-01 174958.png

Screenshot 2023-04-01 175017.png

• Like 1

1992-2006, NJPW. 

Destruction is officially done, and it was a PPV full of last minute adjustments and changes due to injuries. Sadly. But Wrestle Kingdom is looking to shape up and the major storylines going forward are in motion or are reaching their boiling point. I'll go over significant matches on the card whilst laying out the significance to them.

Match 1: Yuki Ishikawa def. Tomohiro Ishii (c) for the Openweight Championship

This match was actually pretty filler, I didn't want Ishii to lose at WK again so I had Ishikawa end the reign with the intent of putting over SUWAMA at WK. Ishikawa is in decline, but he was always a solid hand, so this title serves as a thank you. SUWAMA vs. Ishikawa will be Suwama's first singles feud as he is no longer a YL. He'll be responsible for the story of Ishikawa shifting to retirement.

Match 2: The New Headshrinkers (Alofa and Afa Jr.) def. DX (HHH/Shawn) for the IWGP Tag Titles

Both HHH and Shawn are at 90 pop and both Headshrinkers at 77... so I had to make this work. Almost the same reason outlined above, I did not want DX to lose at WK again, well, Shawn anyways. Triple H was injured and missed WK after winning Tag League. They will be responsible for retiring Dan Severn (and Kazuo Yamazaki) at this WK, as Severn was a massive rival for Triple H in the late 90s early 00s. With HHH always losing to him until recently.

Match 3: Sekigun (Hashimoto/Masakatsu Funaki/Osamu Nishimura) def. Suzuki-gun (Suzuki/Tetsuhiro Kuroda/Mr. Gannosuke)

Last year the main event was Shinya Hashimoto who defeated Minoru Suzuki for the IWGP Heavyweight title. Hashimoto declared that the Old Guard is alive and well and Hashimoto will continue to be the leader. Mutoh (more on him) has been in a massive funk, and Chono just retired last month in August. Kawada is getting weaker/older. Misawa is gone. Akira Taue has already decreed his retirement is nearing. The "Old Guard" is nothing more than a slogan at this point. Suzuki, still holds this heavy in his cold heart, and the two once again found themselves opposites. In all their years, Suzuki is still 0-1 vs. Hashimoto in singles, and you can bet he will want a rematch whether it is for the title or not, to prove that the "Old Guard" is nothing for the future King of Pro Wrestling.

Match 4: Hiroshi Tanahashi def. Chris Benoit

Though I don't do "briefcase" matches, I do believe that the winner of the G1 should correct their losses, its an easy feud. Though Tanahashi did NOT lose to Benoit in the G1, Benoit did attacked Tanahashi at Chono's retirement show. Though filler, as Tanahashi has a date with the IWGP Heavyweight champion at WK, the match still served its purpose.

Match 5: Dave Finlay def. Carlito (c) for the IWGP US Title.

Okay, Carlito came in as the cocky, brash, arrogant future star by defeating fellow cocky, brash, arrogant future star Randy Orton at Dontaku. The problem is... WCW just stole him from me. I also am a huge sucker for the guys who are late 40s and not in time decline. Right place, right time for Dave Finlay. 

Match 6: Jun Akiyama def. Chris Jericho (c) for the IWGP IC Title.

Jun Akiyama has been feuding with subtlety feuding with Jericho all year and it was very obvious during the 2nd half of the year. Akiyama is now 1-2 vs. Jericho and has perhaps avenged his two losses at back-to-back Dontaku's to Jericho. This storyline ending will mean much. Jericho will be feuding with Dave Finlay up to WK, and Akiyama has to deal with a returning Nakamura.

Match 7: Shinsuke Nakamura def. Keiji Mutoh 

Mutoh continues to lose, descending him further into desperation to secure his top spot. His G1 performance left him at 8 points, his lowest since the tournament began (his previous lowest was 9, in 1999.) He also lost to Shibata in this G1 which infuriated him, as Shibata is another new Musketeer. This storyline began with Mutoh attempting to recruit Nakamura when he returned. Nakamura declined, and Mutoh attacked in anger, as he realizes he isn't the "carry" he used to be, no longer able to bring younger guys to the limelight. Mutoh's final storyline at WK is his faction Mutoh-gun disbanding after he challenges Sekigun's Kensuke Sasaki to a faction v. faction match.

Match 8: Kenta Kobashi (c) def. Kensuke Sasaki to retain the IWGP title.

Sadly, Rhino was meant to challenge Kobashi, as Kobashi has a history in this save of creating massive gaijin stars, Rhino was meant to lose still, but his popularity had risen to 93 over the last year for some bizarre reason, Rhino would separate his shoulder and miss the match, an impromptu tourney was set up, so Sasaki is just filler. But Sasaki is responsible for beating Kobashi in the G1 in 2001. He would capture the G1 a second time in a row in 2002 and he would dethrone Kobashi at Wrestle Kingdom in 2003. So the history was there. Rhino would get a chance, but the endgame for Kobashi is obviously Tanahashi at WK.

• Like 5

TCW Total Mayhem XXVI Results

Attendance: 104,000 - Sold out in the largest gate any wrestling promotion has ever seen

Show Rating: 100

The Ashes of the Wake are a heel stable comprised of Jack Bruce, The Crippler, Cyrus Blade, Steven Parker, and Paul Huntingdon. The theme of this show is their potential demise based on three major matches.

Pre-Show:

Coco Malloy, Melody, and Christy Higgins def. Daffodil (Sabrina Wells), Missy Masterson, and Katya Kornishkova

Contraband Crew (Nathan Marcus & Tyrone Gray) (c) def. The Behemoths to retain the TCW Tag Team Titles

Main Show:

Ernest Youngman def. Dustin Kipp (Fro Sure), Valiant, Mikey Lau, Marvel, Robbie, and Steve Frehley in a Silver Opportunity Ladder match to earn a World Title shot at an event of his choosing

Rating: 81

Charity Sweet (c) def. Killer Kass to retain the TCW Women's Title

Rating: 64

Baphomet (Hell's Bouncer) def. Aldous Blackfriar (c) to win the TCW Intercontinental Title

Rating: 86

Aaron Andrews & Matthew Keith def. The Ashes of the Wake (Steven Parker & Paul Huntingdon) (c) to win the TCW World Tag Team Titles

Rating: 99

Cyrus Blade (Turk Trenneman) def. Cameron Vessey

Rating: 95

Juliet Balconi (c) def. Tiffany Jade & Electric Dreamer to retain the TCW Knockouts Title

Rating: 82

Jay Chord def. Greg Gauge (c) to win the TCW Colossal Title

Rating: 99

Jack Bruce def. Tommy Cornell in an Ashes Fall match where if Jack Bruce lost, the Ashes of the Wake would be forced to disband

Rating: 78

Mighty Mo def. Wolf Hawkins (c) & Rogue to win the TCW World Heavyweight Title

Rating: 100

• Like 1

ChatGPT has really changed how I play TEW and made it so much more immersive and enjoyable. I'm using it as a creative room that I can go to and get ideas from AI versions of some different wrestling minds. Partnering it with Midjourney to create images for wrestlers in different gimmicks really helps make my world feel alive!

eb3bab0a4b27bde3a7c84e76145c5968.thumb.png.3dfab29b4d1410a2959036811149f548.png

7773d2c75557e1e229834012a820a451.thumb.png.5e5bb39df6c8359950ef6fadf7255081.png

• Like 4

image.jpeg.3cba2179ec2224702e6f2e46a50788dc.jpeg

Hollywood Global Championship Wrestling Presents: Total Mayhem IV/2000 "The Millennium Clash" from Stade Montreal in Quebec, Canada.

Match 1: Bruce The Giant vs Ricky Dale Johnson

A match between two main eventers that has little story other than the people fighting each other makes sense on paper? It's the HGC PPV opening special. The Literal Giant vs The Giant Killer. Despite the lack of a real story, they managed to put on a great match to set the tone for the rest of the show. Bruce wins after about 20 minutes with a Chokeslam, handing Ricky Dale Johnson his 5th loss of the year, and putting the former world champion's overall record under .500 for the first time in 2000. 

Match 2: Jack DeColt & Yoshimi Mushashibo vs Axxis Jr & Chris Morrisette vs Genghis Rahn & Paul Steadyfast

One of the multiple "let's just get people on the card" matches throughout the night, it basically served as a way to showcase HGC's multiple new signings. Jack & Yoshimi won after 9 minutes, starting off DeColture's night right with a win. 

Match 3: Bryan Vessey (International Champion) vs Dragon Mexicano (Luis Montero) 

Unlike the Bruce The Giant vs RDJ match, the Vessey vs Dragon match did have some story to it. Bryan has, for the first time while in HGC, started a singles run, becoming the second man in HGC to pin Bruce The Giant to win the International Title. Dragon Mexicano has recently won the Box Office Briefcase, which gives him the right to challenge for the world title whenever he wants. Dragon wanted to send Bryan back to the tag division and become the first man in HGC history to hold the International and World Heavyweight titles at the same time. After about a month of build, they put on a certified classic, with Bryan Vessey winning after 20 minutes.

Match 4: Larry Vessey vs Joel Bryant

Another "get them on the card" match, Larry Vessey and Joel Bryant put on a surprisingly good match, and after 15 minutes, Larry Vessey wins.

Match 5: Liberty & Johnny Martin vs The Outbackers (Rolf & Harris)

The random Liberty & Johnny Martin team have been working quite well together for at least the past year, actually entering the argument for best team on earth, and the Outbackers are a team that's built to take pins, but put on decent matches while doing it. Liberty & Johnny Martin win after 15 minutes. 

Match 6: Java & Tribal Warrior vs Jimmy Cox & Jungle Jack

The last of the very obvious "lower-card" matches, Java & Tribal Warrior win against the two new signings with HGC. 

Match 7: DeColture (Alex DeColt & Duane DeColt (Stone)) (Tag Team Champions) vs Mucha Lucha (Mr. Lucha & Electrico) vs Lee Wright & Raymond Diaz vs The Enforcers (Bo Bailey & Phillip Roberts)

Since the company started, HGC has been known to have one of the best tag divisions on the planet, and this match once again proved why. Putting 3 of the best teams on earth, along with the Enforcers, and giving them 20 minutes is a recipe for a great match, and it was, with Duane DeColt pinning Mr. Lucha, continuing his adopted family's success so far. 

Match 8: Warlord Agony & Nemesis vs Captain HGC & Serpiente Voladora

Another put-together tag team match, the last one for the night, it basically served as a way to debut Nemesis, who will continue to work for DAVE as well. With Warlord Pain currently injured, Nemesis was able to recruit Warlord Agony to help. Capain HGC (Marcos Flores) and Serpiente Voladora (Spanish Superfly) both have potential to be big stars in HGC's Cruiserweight Division, but they had no chance of winning this match. After 14 minutes, Nemesis annihilated Captain HGC for the win.

Match 9: Pablo Rodriguez (Cruiserweight Champion) vs Buddy Garner

For the past 2 months, these two have been feuding for the Cruiserweight title, and with Buddy's higher popularity, it was rather obvious who'd come out on top. Somewhat lackluster compared to the other title matches on the night, it still ended up being a good match, with Buddy winning after 20 minutes, freeing Pablo Rodriguez to potentially move into the International Title division.

Match 10: Dread vs Jack Bruce

HGC's "I guess we're destined to do this forever" pair, about once or twice a year Dread and Jack Bruce are told to go out there and put on an incredible match, and each time, they do it. While Dread dominated the feud at first, Jack Bruce has finally started to turn it around, and Total Mayhem further cemented that, with Jack Bruce winning after 30 minutes, moving their overall record against each other to 3 and 3. 

Match 11: Steve DeColt (World Heavyweight Champion) vs Dan Stone Jr.

A match 3 years in the making, taking place in their home country, in front of a screaming crowd of 75,000 fans. At one point, these two were one of the best tag teams on Earth, winning the Tag Team of the Year award for 1999, despite them not teaming for half a year. In that time of not teaming, Steve DeColt "stole" Duane from his brother, having Duane renounce the family name, and join "DeColture", a faction that has dominated every level of HGC. With the help of DeColture, Steve has destroyed every challenger in his path, keeping the "DeCult Leader" at the forefront of HGC's rise to the number 1 company on Earth.

Dan Stone Jr, meanwhile, has had to crawl his way back to the top. Winning the Hollywood Champion's League in 1999, his title match at Total Mayhem was secured, as long as he could survive whatever Steve through at him. He has, and at the episode of Hollyweird TV before Total Mayhem, the two finally came face to face for the first time since the match that broke up the tag-team.

"This is about legacy, Dan. Writing our names down in history, securing not just my spot, but my families spot, in wrestling history. For years we've lived in your shadow, hearing about the glory of the Stones, how they define the wrestling world, but does that matter when your own family, your own brother, was pushed so far by you and your father that he wanted to be one of us? You may be a great wrestler Dan. Hell, you may be the best, but you don't define wrestling, you don't own wrestling, because Wrestling is about culture, and DeColture is the heartbeat of wrestling. After I finally beat you at Total Mayhem, in front of a sold out crowd of Frenchman screaming your name, finally damning you to the Island of Irrelevance that you deserve to be at, I'll go see your father. I'll tell Dan Stone Sr that it's over, that his family is over, and I'll give him a choice. Join DeColture, change his name just like Duane did, or suffer the same fate that you will, and when he inevitable decides to fight, I'll hurt your dad, I'll hurt Jeremy, and I'll go to whatever high school Edd is at and I'll make sure he'll never walk again. The Stone family will be snuffed out, and DeColture will reign supreme, not just in Canada, not just in America, but across the entire world."

Dan Jr just looked up, said "Well, that means I just have to beat you", and proceeded to throw an able at Steve's head hard enough to knock him to the ground, setting up the Main Event to Total Mayhem.

After an hour of going at it, Dan Stone Jr has Steve DeColt down, bringing the most violent Guillotine Stomp down on his head, and finally slaying the beast that has haunted him and his family for a year.  image.thumb.png.070bc967cd85508e512855be6d080c58.png

• Like 4

Pablo F'N Rodriguez has blown off the contract he signed with me for the third time in a row, that's what's going on in my game.  He was signed for NYCW's April show and it's June now and he STILL hasn't showed up to honor the contract he signed and it's pissing me off something fierce.  Is there some way to force this douchebag to honor his contract, or do I have to find a way to strip him of his title in order to have it actually defended?

4 hours ago, MightyDavidson said:

Pablo F'N Rodriguez has blown off the contract he signed with me for the third time in a row, that's what's going on in my game.  He was signed for NYCW's April show and it's June now and he STILL hasn't showed up to honor the contract he signed and it's pissing me off something fierce.  Is there some way to force this douchebag to honor his contract, or do I have to find a way to strip him of his title in order to have it actually defended?

Sounds like he's double booked?

4 hours ago, MightyDavidson said:

Unless Your company gets bigger than the other he works on, he will still go there when booked, leaving u without his presence. Try to bring your events in days where his other company doesn't have anything booked.