Community Modding Discussion Thread

As with the version for TEW2016, this is a community thread for discussion and advice on the act of modding / database making (as oppose to talking about specific databases). This allows database makers to share ideas and get opinions without clogging up individual threads with 'behind the scenes' talk.

This is not de facto a request thread but I don't want to make a new topic so there ya go:

We seem to have a 'new' promotion in CWA. Unfortunately the game shipped with the CGC logos, not sure if it's an error or if it's just a leftover, but these are pretty much useless now. Half of them have been preserved somehow, but the CGC logo is awkwardly slapped on. :rolleyes:

So can someone make some kickass CWA event logos, please?

Seems adequate.

As a reminder, there are some exciting new "narratives", which imo have always been criminally underused by modders. I'm planning to test them through the week just in case the official testers didn't do it.

Workers can get a personality change, random, good or bad.

You can program in injuries, addictions, cosmetic beauty changes, ...

They can become a MMA fighter or "martial artist", or an actor, which results in the same thing: them taking time off;

Don't forget you can add a chance of it happening, so you don't know for sure whether it will or will not happen (so the player cannot "prepare" for it).

The injury note is a bit confusing: what it does is it lowers the state of a worker's body parts. It doesn't actually spawn a random injury.

One thing I've struggled with is how to handle exclusive written deals with talen that is on loan to another company or they have a working agreement with said company and work both. You cannot put someone on an exclusive written deal and have them on a handshake loan.

Example: Jon Moxley.

How to approach this?

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Baybarza" data-cite="Baybarza" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47537" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Is anyone doing the angles pack? That from 2016 was great</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I released the Odobenus Angles Pack for 2016 and am aiming to have the 2020 version out shortly after the full game release. </p><p> </p><p> It will be better than 2016! Faster! Higher! Stronger!</p>

One thing I've struggled with is how to handle exclusive written deals with talen that is on loan to another company or they have a working agreement with said company and work both. You cannot put someone on an exclusive written deal and have them on a handshake loan.

Example: Jon Moxley.

How to approach this?

You absolutely can do this. The Written contract can even be Iron Clad. But you have to make it non-Exclusive. they can then have another of any type with another company, so long as that one isn't exclusive.

You can't quite replicate the Moxley situation. Based on what was reported, his is an exclusive deal, but in the US only which is why he's still allowed to do New Japan.

You absolutely can do this. The Written contract can even be Iron Clad. But you have to make it non-Exclusive. they can then have another of any type with another company, so long as that one isn't exclusive.

You can't quite replicate the Moxley situation. Based on what was reported, his is an exclusive deal, but in the US only which is why he's still allowed to do New Japan.

About Moxley and I think also Omega and others in AEW, they have USA and maybe Canada exclusive contracts.

Which something it could be worked in the future, area exclusive contracts.

Just doing some converting of my save, just want to get thoughts on if this is an accurate way to use the returning "Other TV shows"

u4pJvHA.jpg

You add at least very small to Europe, we had NFL Europe for more than a decade and Super Bowl is well covered, also by free to air or commercial broadcasters.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="w4lru5" data-cite="w4lru5" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47537" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I released the Odobenus Angles Pack for 2016 and am aiming to have the 2020 version out shortly after the full game release. <p> </p><p> It will be better than 2016! Faster! Higher! Stronger!</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> What changed? I thought that feature remained exactly the same. Can't it directly be imported?</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="WrestleManiac" data-cite="WrestleManiac" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47537" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I'm struggling with the new Mexican region names. I've tried googling them so I can get a rough idea where they are geographically, but I'm not getting anything. Can somebody help?</div></blockquote> start a game or load existing one find globe logo with name game world on the left chose mexico flag and there mexican regions and it will write key locasions.

What changed? I thought that feature remained exactly the same. Can't it directly be imported?

Nothing has changed mechanically. I got feedback that some of the angle descriptions/names were confusing to look at on a list, and I want to update some of the auto-name and auto-commentary descriptions.

I'll be importing my database to 2020 as a starting point and going from there.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="w4lru5" data-cite="w4lru5" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47537" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Nothing has changed mechanically. I got feedback that some of the angle descriptions/names were confusing to look at on a list, and I want to update some of the auto-name and auto-commentary descriptions. <p> </p><p> I'll be importing my database to 2020 as a starting point and going from there.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Good to know man. When may you finish this?</p>

Good to know man. When may you finish this?

It should be out by the end of next week, hopefully, with around 90-100-ish angles named for ease of use and complete with descriptions, auto-name and commentary.

It will 100% be done by release, but I'm aiming for Thursday the 7th or Friday the 8th.

IvKDNdO.png

Any advice on what attributes could possibly make him more negative on the backstage culture?

Are you kidding me? :p Might just be because he's an actor. I can't honestly believe it's good to have this type of person around. I guess the logic behind is that - as long as he is pushed - he's all smiles.

IvKDNdO.png

Got some Hogan attributes tweaking to do and mildy settled on this, but it still lists him as a positive influence on the backstage(Him, Nash, Hall, Steiner, etc.)

Any advice on what attributes could possibly make him more negative on the backstage culture?

I wouldn’t say he is a Squash Master. He’s the Comeback Master.

Also maybe take away Wrestling in the Blood, that might stop him being positive. I truly don’t believe he has remained all these years because of his love for wrestling, it’s because he failed at acting and wrestling is his best payday.