Community Modding Discussion Thread

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="brat99" data-cite="brat99" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47537" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>For real world mod makers......if you have included any Mini wrestlers to your data, do you usually just categorize them as very small size and then adjust body type to whatever is appropriate? I'm watching some early TNA stuff right now and of course they had Puppet, Meatball, Teo and a few others and WWF/E has used them on and off throughout their history. Just wondering what the best way to include them in the game would be (pondering a suggestion to add a mini or dwarf category to the worker size designations).</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Pretty sure the suggestion has been made before, but I don't recall the reason it wasn't added. </p><p> </p><p> And basically, I make them similar to any other worker with smaller size and less strength. Some have great athleticism. Mammoth's mods are a nice reference point for that.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Bigpapa42" data-cite="Bigpapa42" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47537" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Pretty sure the suggestion has been made before, but I don't recall the reason it wasn't added. <p> </p><p> And basically, I make them similar to any other worker with smaller size and less strength. Some have great athleticism. Mammoth's mods are a nice reference point for that.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Thanks for the response. That's kind of what I was thinking, but I'll definitely have a look again at some of Mammoth's work (even if I have to crank up '16 for some research).</p>

So now using that as a base... I started thinking about the "Most recognizable names in Professional Wrestling" In my mind these guys should be the mega-stars, the 90-100 range in the WWE. So who are the names the even a casual fan would know (non-exhaustive just thinking out loud here).

Thoughts of the scale?

It gets a bit cloudy for me as it gets to the 0-40 range, might need to be broken into smaller ranges. But I think it's on the right track.

I realize this is a month late, but the one potential issue of scoring like this at the top levels is that popularity is not just "does a non-fan recognize this person?"

You have to remember that in TEW, there's only a few million people in each region (at most) who will willingly watch wrestling. Popularity is how willing those wrestling fans are to pay to see that person: it really doesn't matter if your mother-in-law can pick them out of a lineup. Hulk Hogan in 1994 when he signs with WCW is one of the biggest stars in the sport, but he didn't sell tickets as a draw in TNA in 2010, so he shouldn't be a "mega star" in 2020.

So that top level is reserved for top level champions in big promotions (Hogan, Austin, Rock at their peak), and may also include crossover stars or people that wrestling fans will pay to see (Rock after he leaves, CM Punk after he quit, Brock as MMA champion), but it specifically not there for "legends."

As a follow-up to my post about understanding how TEW measures the world solely by wrestling fans, here's a post about broadcasters, or why you shouldn't just set coverage as uniform across every country.

Like I mentioned earlier, TEW by its nature doesn't count everyone in the world, it counts everyone that might be considered a wrestling fan, from the grandma who watches TV but never buys merch, to the hardcores who go to every live show. In the U.S., that's about 10 million people across 11 regions (between 2 and 3% of the population).

Mods generally use national broadcasting deals, but when you break it down by region you can see what the numbers mean and how you can fix issues that come up from population differences across regions.

To test this, I made a series of fake broadcasters (Test TS, Test GL, Test SW, etc.), and set WWF at a 90 across the board with a high industry and gave them a primetime slot for each broadcaster. Here's the results for two weeks of testing:

Tri-State, enormous: 1.18, 1.14, max of 886,693 viewers. Minimum quality: 89.

Great Lakes, huge: .78, .78: max of 587,338 viewers. Minimum quality: 89.

Mid-Atlantic, very big: .54, .51, max of 410,170 viewers. Minimum quality: 82.

Mid-South, big: .41, .41, max of 311,659 viewers. Minimum quality: 75.

Mid-West, medium: .19, .19, max of 146,194 viewers. Minimum quality: 68.

New England, small: .08, .08, max of 62,936 viewers. Minimum quality: 61.

Northwest, very small: .04, .04, 37,136 minimum quality: 54.

Southeast, tiny: .01, .01, max viewers: 8,463 Minimum quality: 47.

I couldn't keep the test going, because the AI immediately signed new broadcasting deals and took lower time-slots for the enormous and huge deals, and eventually the very big deal too. I also simmed through from January to Wrestlemania, and WWF ran a stadium show in front of 81,000, with 1.2 million buys from Viewers Choice (a number WWE never hit until 2011), even with Puerto Rico set to "none."

So with an enormous broadcaster, a 90 popularity, and a primetime show, you can pull, at absolute best, just about a million people in a region. The Tri-State has about 40 million people, with Kanto just above that (circa 43), and the U.S. Southwest above that (over 50 in California). So you're looking at 1/40 of the total population of a region as a peak, since the Tri-State is one of the biggest wrestling hubs.

Broadcaster size scales down, first at about 2/3, then begins cutting in half from big to medium and every level below that, until tiny, which is closer to 1/4 of very small.

So what does this mean for mod-makers? The AI is going to struggle to pull better than 75s, so somewhere between "medium" and "big" is probably where most cable networks need to be, with "very big" and "enormous" reserved for the biggest networks.

But what about Puerto Rico and Hawaii? Puerto Rico has a population of 3.5 million people, and Hawaii has a population of 1.4 million people. That means they are 1/10 and 1/20 the size of the Tri-State area. A medium-level broadcaster for a promotion with 90 popularity is going to get 40% of the total population of the population of Puerto Rico: since TEW seems to be operating under the philosophy that there are, optimistically, 10 million wrestling fans in the U.S., that's a crazy number. If you keep the ratio the same, you get that Puerto Rico having 3 million people means they'd have, at best, 40,000 fans, and no broadcaster should be bigger than "small," and that includes PPVs (since Puerto Rico is mostly non-English, PPVs should probably be set at 'tiny' or 'none'). Hawaii is even smaller, so no broadcaster should be bigger than "very small." Along with fixing popularity in these regions, this should keep the AI from running stadium shows in these regions. It also lets historical mods run Puerto Rico as a big regional power that has no crossover: Puerto Rico's territory can run stadium shows once a year and still be completely isolated from every other region.

Were the updated skin psd's ever released?

No, unfortunately.

Does anyone know if there are any new skins that work with the new UI? I can't seem to find any!

If you mean since the release of the game I believe the KTB/Hostile Takeover skins from gaz and the NJPW/AEW/Joshi skins from an author whose handle I forget (and I apologize for that, it's good work.)

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Mr. Ramen" data-cite="Mr. Ramen" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47537" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Does anyone know if there are any new skins that work with the new UI? I can't seem to find any!</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I'm currently using <a href="http://www.greydogsoftware.com/forum/showthread.php?t=545242" rel="external nofollow">Kamchatka's excellent Blue & Gold Skin</a> without any issues.</p>

• 2 weeks later...

hall of fames

I was wondering when data for hall of immortals or hall of fame takes into place.

If someone is a current champion when the game boots, do they automatically get a point towards hall of fame, or does it only get added after the reign has completed?

Basically I am wondering if I add a point as a major champion into a hall of fame or Hall of Immortals for a current champion, will they get double points after they lose the title?

I am making a database. I noticed in the relationships, you can set "accepts developmental contracts", and it doesn't seem to mandate owning the company.

1. Can a company receive contracts from multiple companies?

(For example, can Next-Gen Pro be an "Alliance Developmental" for everyone?)

2. How do Sister Companies actually work?

Let's assume a layout like this - one company based in GL, expanding east; also Canada and UK. One company in South West going West Half; also, Mexico and Japan. Then, a third company with Mid-South, expanding east-west, Canada, and Mexico. So, if these were "Sister Companies" who are members of an Alliance and are big enough to have exclusive deals, what would "Sister Companies" do in this situation? If they each have developmental/child companies, would it be more practical to make those Sister Companies instead? What effect would that have?

3. In the above scenario, would it be viable to create on alliance of Mother Companies and a second alliance of Child Companies?

4. Alliances mostly seem to be useful for smaller companies reaching into other regions. Has anyone made an International Loan/Trade Alliance between a US, UK, and JA Big Company, or 3 US Big Companies? Did you deem it a waste? I think it's a good means of expanding.

I ask this range of questions because the editor did not prohibit me from setting relationships with a Child Company receiving developmental contracts from multiple source companies - nor did it check to make sure the development company is owned. Is this waiting to be fixed, or working as intended? What will happen in-game? I'd rather know whether it's viable to move forward with "Mega-Dev" or if I should just give them each their own dev territory.

5. If said Child Company owns a Performance Center, would the child company send developmental talent assigned to it, AND its own talent there? Or would it only be able to send its own talent?

Changing Biographies

Hi everyone, I'm in the process of making my first mod, a post-apocalypic wrestling resurgence scenario set in the year 2220.

To go about creating the mod I generated a bunch of companies and a couple of thousand workers then simulated five years to let the game world figure itself out. It needed quite a lot of helping along but I got there and now I'm at the point of going in and changing details about workers and companies to give the world more character and charm.

So I'm going in and rewriting biographies and changing names where necessary. Something I've come up against is the fact that the biography and name on the worker profile doesn't seem to be linked to the biography and name for each contract. When I change the biography in the main worker view it does not update in the contract biography. In the following picture you can see an example where I have changed Franklin Keith to Francis Keith and rewritten his biography but this has not affected the contract.

J20QVrP.png

So my question is: Is there a way to link the name and biography to the contracts so that I don't have to copy and paste the changes for every single contract for every single worker. You can understand how this would take a very long time.

I've thought about deleting and re-creating the contract but that removes a lot of the information on the contract related to gimmicks and pay which have been established through the 5 years of simulation.

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...
I'm working on a mod, and trying to figure out what is going on with owners and bookers. I have two feds that open after the start date- one usually opens when I sim, but the other one hardly ever gets an owner or booker or roster at all, and thus just cancels shows until it runs out of money. Also, I have a decent number of folks set as potential owners and/or bookers, but it seems like there's only one of them that ever gets picked for the future fed or any vacancies that show up. Any ideas about what is causing either of those situations?

<p>TheSmackdownHotel.com revealed a Roster Database today containing info on any date in history for many companies, which would be a pretty useful resource for modders:

</p><div class="ipsEmbeddedOther">

<iframe data-embedid="2359521a7de49bfd5a209deb8ffc9358" allowfullscreen="" data-embed-src="<___base_url___>/index.php?app=core&module=system&controller=embed&url=https://www.reddit.com/r/SquaredCircle/comments/i1bmqk/after_2_years_of_work_were_releasing_a_roster/"></iframe>

</div><p> </p><p>

Example - WCW's roster in 1992: <a href="https://www.thesmackdownhotel.com/roster/?promotion=wcw&date=1992" rel="external nofollow">https://www.thesmackdownhotel.com/roster/?promotion=wcw&date=1992</a></p><p> </p><p>

Example - Kevin Nash's biography, with heel/face turn dates, name usage dates, tag team dates, image history, etc.: <a href="https://www.thesmackdownhotel.com/wrestlers/kevin-nash" rel="external nofollow">https://www.thesmackdownhotel.com/wrestlers/kevin-nash</a></p><p> </p><p>

I'm not involved with this in any way -- just thought it'd be useful for modders here. I noticed a lot of folks with incomplete data, and obviously it's biased towards bigger names, but it looks awesome when filled out (like Nash's profile).</p>