General Gameplay Questions Thread

Does anyone have any tips for how to handle a debuting worker's perception? They seem to default to unimportant because I'm a bigger company (TCW) hiring indy guys. Their perception/pop being so low makes it basically impossible to get anyone to be OK with taking a loss to them. How do you get guys with lower pop over without upsetting whoever you put them in a match with?

Look at the worker's skills. Click on Stamina and look in the window to the right. It tells you what the worker's skill level was from December 2019 to the present day (though if you're years in, it'll probably truncate and show only the previous 12 months). Progression of <skill>

So you only see it if you look for it? Hmm. It would be really nice to just have a Level Up! Indicator in the status area or something, maybe I can take it to requests. Thank you.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="twill1" data-cite="twill1" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47568" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>How do you raise someone's momentum?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> It raises over time by how you book them (and how they perform on the shows). If you book them strongly, their momentum will raise.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Historian" data-cite="Historian" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47568" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>It raises over time by how you book them (and how they perform on the shows). If you book them strongly, their momentum will raise.</div></blockquote><p> Unless they’re an announcer, colour commentator, referee or road agent, in that case they’ll end up with ice cold momentum for no apparent reason.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="The Nickman" data-cite="The Nickman" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47568" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Unless they’re an announcer, colour commentator, referee or road agent, in that case they’ll end up with ice cold momentum for no apparent reason.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Really hope this gets patches. I have OCD and its driving me crazy lol</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Yokai" data-cite="Yokai" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47568" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Does anyone have any tips for how to handle a debuting worker's perception? They seem to default to unimportant because I'm a bigger company (TCW) hiring indy guys. Their perception/pop being so low makes it basically impossible to get anyone to be OK with taking a loss to them. How do you get guys with lower pop over without upsetting whoever you put them in a match with?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> A few possibilities:</p><p> </p><p> 1) Angles on TV to give them pop (need to keep these short to avoid overuse penalties) until they reach the point when people will be willing to lose to them.</p><p> 2) Hire other low-level workers to job to them. This has the issue of giving a major penalty to match rating for having two unimportant workers on the main show, which could cause momentum issues.</p><p> 3) If you're not too attached to the major worker(s), just eat the morale penalty.</p>

<p>I have been playing TEW for years and have never been able to deal with storylines as I prefer to deal with performance based feds.</p><p> </p><p>

I want to have a go at booking AEW but i'm still clueless as to how to deal with storylines.</p><p> </p><p>

Any tips you can give me for dealing with them? Can you turn storylines off and still deal with the matches and angles without trying to maintain storyline heat?</p><p> </p><p>

Cheers</p>

Just purchased TEW 2020 last night and I'm learning the game playing as the owner of the WWE. As i'm going through contracts, and my roster I am unable to find push status like Main event, upper card... was this taken out of the game?

Yes, it was replaced with perception (Major Star, Star, Well Known, Recognizable, and Unimportant) which is a calculation of the "fan perception" of the worker based on several factors including pop and momentum.

If you look at the in-game handbook (? in the top right of your screen) under Running Your Company and then The Perception System, it will give you a more full explanation of how it works.

Yes, it was replaced with perception (Major Star, Star, Well Known, Recognizable, and Unimportant) which is a calculation of the "fan perception" of the worker based on several factors including pop and momentum.

If you look at the in-game handbook (? in the top right of your screen) under Running Your Company and then The Perception System, it will give you a more full explanation of how it works.

Thank you! for the last hour i was thinking i was taking crazy pills lol. actually a good change and I'm loving 2020 so far

So, I've been doing my trial and error run on TEW 2020, learning the game and, after going bankrupt twice (as my ill-fated attempt at a diary in the subforum shows) I've been able to adjust my aim and slowly but steadily grow over the course of a few months as a lucharesu fed - it helps that due to my earlier diaries I already knew what the joshi I had available could do.

However, now the first randomly generated wrestlers are starting to pop up, and I'd like to phase out some of the more brawling focused people, and those who've been mulling over a 5SSW run, in favour of some of the new high-fliers and technicians, keeping a small but themed (and, therefore, easy to book and pair) roster. So, how do you end a handshake/ongoing contract? :p

Also, I've been hearing good things about the Thunderverse, but I haven't been able to find many details about it; could someone please enlighten me about how it differs from the default universe, and what are the main companies there?

Probably a stupid question, but I wasn't able to find it in the handbook--how do you add a worker as a client to a manager or valet? I've been clicking around and cannot find that option. Additionally, is there any way to have someone accompanied to the ring by their manager, or does that happen automatically when they are a client? And as a followup, if it happens automatically, is there any way to have someone who ISN'T a manager accompany someone to the ring, or to have a match where the manager ISN'T accompanying someone to the ring to simulate a Barred from Ringside situation? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Ruthian23" data-cite="Ruthian23" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47568" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Probably a stupid question, but I wasn't able to find it in the handbook--how do you add a worker as a client to a manager or valet? I've been clicking around and cannot find that option. Additionally, is there any way to have someone accompanied to the ring by their manager, or does that happen automatically when they are a client? And as a followup, if it happens automatically, is there any way to have someone who ISN'T a manager accompany someone to the ring, or to have a match where the manager ISN'T accompanying someone to the ring to simulate a Barred from Ringside situation? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> On that worker's profile, click on the thing that says "is considered a ... by the fans" and a popup will appear where you can assign them a manager. </p><p> </p><p> To answer your other questions, I think yes and no. You can maybe not assign them a manager for that specific match?</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="CloudyDay" data-cite="CloudyDay" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47568" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>On that worker's profile, click on the thing that says "is considered a ... by the fans" and a popup will appear where you can assign them a manager. <p> </p><p> To answer your other questions, I think yes and no. You can maybe not assign them a manager for that specific match?</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Thanks.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Ben_91" data-cite="Ben_91" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47568" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Is the experience stat not improving for anyone else? Run like 5 shows with some guys having 15-20 minute matches every show and their experience rating hasn't gone up.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> According to the handbook, it goes up at most by about 0.3 experience for 2 to 3 matches, so you won't see anything until they've had about 7 matches minimum.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="wylieb0y" data-cite="wylieb0y" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47568" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>How do i edit the status of a worker who is 'out of the business'? i have checked in the in-game editor and find any drop down box like how it was done in TEW2016. <p> </p><p> thanks.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> You can't, unfortunately.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Dawsintron" data-cite="Dawsintron" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47568" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I have been playing TEW for years and have never been able to deal with storylines as I prefer to deal with performance based feds.<p> </p><p> I want to have a go at booking AEW but i'm still clueless as to how to deal with storylines.</p><p> </p><p> Any tips you can give me for dealing with them? Can you turn storylines off and still deal with the matches and angles without trying to maintain storyline heat?</p><p> </p><p> Cheers</p></div></blockquote><p> If you really CAN’T get around storylines, you can disable them on the options screen (disable strict storylines) and play without regarding them.</p><p> </p><p> Curious to why you hate them though, I love storylines, even as an organisational tool to track where I’m going with all of my feuds. Even in products that don’t require storylines, I still run them.</p><p> </p><p> What sort of advice do you need? Essentially, all I do is book guys in a feud into the same storyline and let them interfere in each other’s business in matches and angles up until the big blowoff at the PPV.</p>

If you really CAN’T get around storylines, you can disable them on the options screen (disable strict storylines) and play without regarding them.

Curious to why you hate them though, I love storylines, even as an organisational tool to track where I’m going with all of my feuds. Even in products that don’t require storylines, I still run them.

What sort of advice do you need? Essentially, all I do is book guys in a feud into the same storyline and let them interfere in each other’s business in matches and angles up until the big blowoff at the PPV.

I have some questions :D

Put you all major stars in storylines or only a few of them?

Can i put an unknown Wrestler with an Star/Major Star in a Storyline without a penalty?

I have some questions :D

Put you all major stars in storylines or only a few of them?

Can i put an unknown Wrestler with an Star/Major Star in a Storyline without a penalty?

Hey man, this is the post I made in the storyline thread responding to your question.

I generally play a LOT more storylines than required. As an example, in my current WWE 2004 save, I’m required to have five storylines, but at present I think I have about fifteen.

I just basically create storylines for anything I think is a story. As an example, I had Maven beat Matt Hardy on an episode of Raw, decided that could be a storyline (Hardy gets pissed and goes after Maven), so made it a storyline. I’m not sure how long it will go for or if there’ll ever be a payoff at a PPV, but it means when I book Raw I can see “oh yeah, these two have a feud going” and track where it’s up to and decide if it will be continued on this show.

The great thing about this system is you can end storylines or add/remove workers at will, so at any point if something’s not working for you (brother), you just change it.

And yeah, you can pair up unknowns with Major Stars without penalties, and in fact, that’s one of the best ways to build a new talent who you want to get over.

Just remember that for that storyline, you may struggle to hit the minimum heat requirements, so just make sure you have enough other storylines with Stars and Major Stars to satisfy requirements.

Quick question about show levels. If I run a Lesser or Throwaway show, will my Major Stars and Stars complain about not being booked, or can I just use my lower level talent and 1-2 stars?

Ran a quick test using just unknown and recognisable - everyone happy :)