General Gameplay Questions Thread

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="DrRDuke" data-cite="DrRDuke" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47568" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>What is the state of the wrestling industry in your area? Economy? Could be things are in a tail spin there and you putting on lesser events has triggered fans losing interest? Also what type of promotion are you? Some are more vulnerable to shifts in the industry/economy? Are you pushing guys that have no momentum? Toxic backstage? How are your merch sales? Are they going down too? I've noticed in this game that there are so many variables in play that it is hard to pinpoint something that effecting the pop and success of a promotion. All that...or it might be something that has changed since the last update?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Industry and economy are both high and rising. The event viewership almost halved after the first lesser event. Weekly TV was fine until December week 3, and then it just dropped by hundreds of thousands of viewers. I'm not sure what you mean by what type of promotion; if you mean product, it's Wrestling Nerd Nirvana. I'm pushing guys that have high momentum. The only problem backstage is an old negative between two wrestlers where one was blamed for injuring the other; it's all positive besides that, says backstage morale or whatever is 100%. Merch sales are slightly up from October, lower than November, but November had seven extra live events, where there were a lot more merch sales than November or December. I'm not sure if it's the last update, either, because the drop of viewers for events was before the last patch. I've also autobooked several weeks ahead(didn't save, just testing) and the viewership keeps dropping, even though I'm making money hand over fist. I just simply don't understand why the viewership keeps dropping.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="neslo024" data-cite="neslo024" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47568" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>If they were normal events your viewership and attendance will drop to simulate the fans getting burned out. You need to make them lesser or tour shows</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> The shows in November were all lesser events except one. The shows in December where viewership dropped were weekly TV shows, not events.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Sylfar" data-cite="Sylfar" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47568" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>The shows in November were all lesser events except one. The shows in December where viewership dropped were weekly TV shows, not events.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Did you update to patch 1.2 and when? There are at least a couple of people who noticed a viewership drop after patch 1.2 so it may have been adjusted down slightly in the update.</p><p> </p><p> See this post:</p><p> <a href="http://www.greydogsoftware.com/forum/showpost.php?p=2465918&postcount=1706" rel="external nofollow">http://www.greydogsoftware.com/forum/showpost.php?p=2465918&postcount=1706</a></p>

Did you update to patch 1.2 and when? There are at least a couple of people who noticed a viewership drop after patch 1.2 so it may have been adjusted down slightly in the update.

See this post:

http://www.greydogsoftware.com/forum/showpost.php?p=2465918&postcount=1706

I updated to 1.2 yesterday, which was after my last show of November and before my first show of December. Events started getting screwed up before the patch, in November in-game after the first lesser event of the month(there were 7 lesser events and one normal) and viewership never went back up. The issues with viewership for the TV show started after the patch, but the first two weeks of December didn't lose viewers; there was just a big drop on week 3, and it isn't going back up.

If I send wrestlers to a child company with the developmental option will the child company still hire workers as necessary or expect me to maintain its roster by sending workers to them?

If you own them as a child company, you have to hire everything (including non-wrestlers - no ref, no shows!).

If it's an independent company with a development deal, they'll look after themselves.

I updated to 1.2 yesterday, which was after my last show of November and before my first show of December. Events started getting screwed up before the patch, in November in-game after the first lesser event of the month(there were 7 lesser events and one normal) and viewership never went back up. The issues with viewership for the TV show started after the patch, but the first two weeks of December didn't lose viewers; there was just a big drop on week 3, and it isn't going back up.

Thanks for the reply...only thing I can think of is another company either moving or starting a TV show on the same day/night as yours...and they're stealing viewers? Good luck.

Hi all, I want to start playing as owner of YEPW - a company that is pre-made and intended to release sometime after Jan 1 2020. How can I go about "creating" this company? If possible, doing it at a custom point in the game (as opposed to a fresh Jan 1 start) would be great. Thanks!

Industry and economy are both high and rising. The event viewership almost halved after the first lesser event. Weekly TV was fine until December week 3, and then it just dropped by hundreds of thousands of viewers. I'm not sure what you mean by what type of promotion; if you mean product, it's Wrestling Nerd Nirvana. I'm pushing guys that have high momentum. The only problem backstage is an old negative between two wrestlers where one was blamed for injuring the other; it's all positive besides that, says backstage morale or whatever is 100%. Merch sales are slightly up from October, lower than November, but November had seven extra live events, where there were a lot more merch sales than November or December. I'm not sure if it's the last update, either, because the drop of viewers for events was before the last patch. I've also autobooked several weeks ahead(didn't save, just testing) and the viewership keeps dropping, even though I'm making money hand over fist. I just simply don't understand why the viewership keeps dropping.

It has been confirmed in the tech support forum that 1.2 reduced viewership for the 4 lowest levels of broadcasting.

Now to explain the drop you had before the patch I have a question. Is your broadcasting coverage over multiple game areas? In my game I'm on wrestleworld as a Canadian company. My US popularity lags behind my Canadian popularity slightly. Economy/Industry were both in high 80's and rising in Canada. They were both in the 30's and dropping in the US. With this combination I was occasionally seeing drops in viewership from one show to the next, even though I was gaining popularity, because of the economy/industry in the US and the US being a bigger market.

So something like that could be happening to you. In addition I believe there is some random variance applied to viewership as well.

Hi all, I want to start playing as owner of YEPW - a company that is pre-made and intended to release sometime after Jan 1 2020. How can I go about "creating" this company? If possible, doing it at a custom point in the game (as opposed to a fresh Jan 1 start) would be great. Thanks!

in the editor, change "set to open" from random to whatever the date is you want them to open

If you own them as a child company, you have to hire everything (including non-wrestlers - no ref, no shows!).

If it's an independent company with a development deal, they'll look after themselves.

AH, okay. So basically any company I buy out and send wrestlers to I'll have to ensure I keep feeding them talent and support staff? That sounds tedious. Especially when most the people I send away whinge about it.

AH, okay. So basically any company I buy out and send wrestlers to I'll have to ensure I keep feeding them talent and support staff? That sounds tedious. Especially when most the people I send away whinge about it.

Hire staff on 10 year deals. Then you won't have to worry for a long time. ;)

Setting up a new company always takes a bit time. True. But after that it's smooth sailing and - if done right - profitable.

And the "whining" hasn't been a problem for me neither. Wrestlers complain about staying in the DC all the time. But I never saw anyone quit about it. And when they are on written contracts, you can do what you want. They can be happy when you don't send them to the mines.

Runtime Error 481

When I have tried to open the profile for two wrestlers, the game crashes. I receive the "Runtime Error 481" message. Currently I am using the Demo which I downloaded on Saturday but plan on purchasing the game in the near future. Is there a fix for this? I appreciate your help.

When I have tried to open the profile for two wrestlers, the game crashes. I receive the "Runtime Error 481" message. Currently I am using the Demo which I downloaded on Saturday but plan on purchasing the game in the near future. Is there a fix for this? I appreciate your help.

http://www.greydogsoftware.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=269

Ask here for tech support.

Why is it that my Developmental company I opened reached Titanic while I'm struggling to get 70 pop in Hawaii despite all my shows being rated 90+? My Dev company is now the biggest promotion in the world, surpassing USPW already. Both companies have been on my Broadcaster, which is maxed in all regions.

Why is it that my Developmental company I opened reached Titanic while I'm struggling to get 70 pop in Hawaii despite all my shows being rated 90+? My Dev company is now the biggest promotion in the world, surpassing USPW already. Both companies have been on my Broadcaster, which is maxed in all regions.

I had the exact same thing happen to me in my game, The only good thing is that when I send someone to development they come back over like rover.

I've heard rumors that once a worker reaches a certain threshold of popularity, he won't fall below a certain level. For example, once you reach 100, you can't fall below 80.

I don't know if this rumor is true, but if it is, can someone tell me what the thresholds are? Thanks!

Anyone know what I'm talking about?

Is there a secret "How To" rule for booking "Once In A Lifetime" matches.

After over 5 game years I finally did my first two matches of that kind with workers I put above 75% Hall Of Fame status.

Both matches were designed to be big Main Events of bin PPVs and both completely sucked. -_-

While my 3,5h usually work fine, in these particular shows I had "burned out crowd" notes.

It seems I did something wrong. But what?