General Gameplay Questions Thread

Is there a secret "How To" rule for booking "Once In A Lifetime" matches.

After over 5 game years I finally did my first two matches of that kind with workers I put above 75% Hall Of Fame status.

Both matches were designed to be big Main Events of bin PPVs and both completely sucked. -_-

While my 3,5h usually work fine, in these particular shows I had "burned out crowd" notes.

It seems I did something wrong. But what?

Could be a number of things. Have they faced each other before? How long did the matches go on for? How were the shows built before those matches? Did they have enough Psychology (and Stamina if it was long) to keep such a match running smoothly? What Product are you using in your company? Did you have a great match before the OIAL match? (see HBK vs Undertaker 1 at 'Mania to see how difficult it was to follow because the crowd were burned out)

"Once In A Lifetime" matches should be the rarest of rare. Think The Rock vs Hogan, The Rock vs Cena as examples. (or if a Stone Cold vs CM Punk match had actually happened)

Could be a number of things. Have they faced each other before? How long did the matches go on for? How were the shows built before those matches? Did they have enough Psychology (and Stamina if it was long) to keep such a match running smoothly? What Product are you using in your company? Did you have a great match before the OIAL match? (see HBK vs Undertaker 1 at 'Mania to see how difficult it was to follow because the crowd were burned out)

"Once In A Lifetime" matches should be the rarest of rare. Think The Rock vs Hogan, The Rock vs Cena as examples. (or if a Stone Cold vs CM Punk match had actually happened)

It was their first 1-on-1 and the defined rules of this type of match were fulfilled. The rest was standard for me:

- 15min Main Event

- a few matches before I did a Show Stealer, as usual (and my shows are mostly 90+ matches, which didn't burn out the crowd so far)

- they skills were good enough for other matches of that lenght

- the product is family friendly

At my first attempt I blamed show lenght (4h). But at my 2nd I used my standard 3,5h, which never had hurt my ME grades.

It was their first 1-on-1 and the defined rules of this type of match were fulfilled. The rest was standard for me:

- 15min Main Event

- a few matches before I did a Show Stealer, as usual (and my shows are mostly 90+ matches, which didn't burn out the crowd so far)

- they skills were good enough for other matches of that lenght

- the product is family friendly

At my first attempt I blamed show lenght (4h). But at my 2nd I used my standard 3,5h, which never had hurt my ME grades.

I've had the same problem with burned out crowd even though the show was less than the 210 minutes it usually takes to burn them out. I ran Sean McFly vs Aaron Andrews in TCW as Once In A Lifetime as the main event. Scored 79. Ran it again a few times and it never got more than 82. Changed the focus to Regular and they pulled a 93 with no crowd burnout. Maybe it's a bug that should be pointed out on the Tech Support forum?

I'm running RIPW, I've gotten my Merchandise up to level 5. It says at this level i will sell individual merchandise for Major Stars and Stars. I've been at this level for a couple of months and it doesn't show that any of my wrestlers are selling merchandise. Do development companies not sell individual merchandise even if your running them? or is it something else, like my guys aren't popular enough to sell merchandise?

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="smmccallum" data-cite="smmccallum" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47568" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I'm running RIPW, I've gotten my Merchandise up to level 5. It says at this level i will sell individual merchandise for Major Stars and Stars. I've been at this level for a couple of months and it doesn't show that any of my wrestlers are selling merchandise. Do development companies not sell individual merchandise even if your running them? or is it something else, like my guys aren't popular enough to sell merchandise?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Do any of your workers actually have a perception rating of star or major star? I’ve had situations where my company outperformed my worker and thus my top stars were only well known and I was getting warnings after every show.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="VBigB" data-cite="VBigB" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47568" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Do any of your workers actually have a perception rating of star or major star? I’ve had situations where my company outperformed my worker and thus my top stars were only well known and I was getting warnings after every show.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> yes i have 3 major stars and 4 or 5 stars</p>

I'm a bit pissed off right now. It's the second year where I wait to see if I get any homegrown people in my Performance Centre, and it's the second year where I don't get s---. For my save where I'm trying to make my company almost full of homegrown guys, it's frustrating. What is happening? Why is that happening?

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Suplewich" data-cite="Suplewich" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47568" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I'm a bit pissed off right now. It's the second year where I wait to see if I get any homegrown people in my Performance Centre, and it's the second year where I don't get s---. For my save where I'm trying to make my company almost full of homegrown guys, it's frustrating. What is happening? Why is that happening?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> If you don't have any worker pics in the appropriate folder (Random?) then you need to go into the settings and change it so that worker pictures are not required when generating new workers.</p><p> </p><p> If the settings have it so pics are required and the folder is empty, the game will not generate any new workers.</p>

I'm a bit pissed off right now. It's the second year where I wait to see if I get any homegrown people in my Performance Centre, and it's the second year where I don't get s---. For my save where I'm trying to make my company almost full of homegrown guys, it's frustrating. What is happening? Why is that happening?

Is your Performance Center set to have people graduate? Are they a graduating class on a certain month or just a drip-feed throughout the year?

Im new at the TEW stuff, so to expand on the question, i just assume we get news that x has graduated and get asked if you want to give them a contract?

I've actually run into the same issue as you but I did have one 'graduate' come through on my CZCW save...and was given first right of refusal if I wanted to sign him to a deal. The only 'empty' folder I've found is the 'random' one...but the pic of the worker that came through my dojo was not the one picture that was in random, so I'm thinking he was a regenerated 'son' of someone else?

In the game booklet (?) it says there's there needs to be pictures in the 'free' folder, but there is no free folder in the Pictures Sub Folder. Do you have to create a 'free' folder and populate it with pictures (the generic pics of different races (white/black etc) or is the 'random' folder the 'free' folder? I'm supposed to be generating 8 workers from my dojo per year in Apr, and I'm in Sept now so would like to get this right so I have a graduating class come next year.

I've actually run into the same issue as you but I did have one 'graduate' come through on my CZCW save...and was given first right of refusal if I wanted to sign him to a deal. The only 'empty' folder I've found is the 'random' one...but the pic of the worker that came through my dojo was not the one picture that was in random, so I'm thinking he was a regenerated 'son' of someone else?

In the game booklet (?) it says there's there needs to be pictures in the 'free' folder, but there is no free folder in the Pictures Sub Folder. Do you have to create a 'free' folder and populate it with pictures (the generic pics of different races (white/black etc) or is the 'random' folder the 'free' folder? I'm supposed to be generating 8 workers from my dojo per year in Apr, and I'm in Sept now so would like to get this right so I have a graduating class come next year.

are you running cornellverse or a mod? the mod bit i am no expert on but

In Cornellverse there are free pics in the database, so new workers should get one of those. there are like 900 of them I think as I used quick fill in the database to add workers to the game and they get given them they are named CVFP white female etc

In the game booklet (?) it says there's there needs to be pictures in the 'free' folder, but there is no free folder in the Pictures Sub Folder. Do you have to create a 'free' folder and populate it with pictures (the generic pics of different races (white/black etc) or is the 'random' folder the 'free' folder?

Pictures you want to use for newly generated characters go in the Pictures > Database Name > People subfolder. I think you're misreading the handbook; it says pictures need to be added to the Free Pictures file (i.e. part of the editor) not a folder of that name. i.e. you place the picture in the folder above and then create a Free Pictures file in the editor that gives the details for that picture so that the game knows how to use it.

So I am unsure where to post this, so I am going to try here. It's a small question, but it's about a mod, but it may also be a bug? lol. It's at least quirky for sure.

So I have been "perfecting" the A New Trust mod to my liking for personal play, but I've ran into something very very odd that I can't explain. P-PAC is a promotion based in Hawaii. It has an overness of 70 in Hawaii at start of the game, 10 in North West, and 1 in Southeast, then just a bunch of random single digits everywhere else in America. For some reason, each and everytime I do a test run save, they run every single event in South East (they did do 1 event last save in Hawaii, but just 1 in a year's time) until they go broke and lose every bit of their popularity everywhere else in world. I cannot for the life of me figure out why? I even gave them a home arena in Hawaii that I was hoping they'd use, but they still do not. It is probably something obvious I am missing, but I really cannot figure out what is causing that. Any thoughts anyone?

So I am unsure where to post this, so I am going to try here. It's a small question, but it's about a mod, but it may also be a bug? lol. It's at least quirky for sure.

So I have been "perfecting" the A New Trust mod to my liking for personal play, but I've ran into something very very odd that I can't explain. P-PAC is a promotion based in Hawaii. It has an overness of 70 in Hawaii at start of the game, 10 in North West, and 1 in Southeast, then just a bunch of random single digits everywhere else in America. For some reason, each and everytime I do a test run save, they run every single event in South East (they did do 1 event last save in Hawaii, but just 1 in a year's time) until they go broke and lose every bit of their popularity everywhere else in world. I cannot for the life of me figure out why? I even gave them a home arena in Hawaii that I was hoping they'd use, but they still do not. It is probably something obvious I am missing, but I really cannot figure out what is causing that. Any thoughts anyone?

Addendum, actually it is happening with multiple promotions that just refuse to hold any shows in their home regions (and at least 1 promotion that is refusing to hold any in their home country and are just touring japan lol). Has to be something obviously wrong with the mod, but im just struggling to figure out what (shrugs).

Pictures you want to use for newly generated characters go in the Pictures > Database Name > People subfolder. I think you're misreading the handbook; it says pictures need to be added to the Free Pictures file (i.e. part of the editor) not a folder of that name. i.e. you place the picture in the folder above and then create a Free Pictures file in the editor that gives the details for that picture so that the game knows how to use it.

Thanks for your response. Yeah, I guess I was misreading the handbook...as someone else stated above, I do have a number of those free pictures in the database...all sorted by ethnicity/race...and male/female. Maybe I'll have a full graduating class next year...I did jump to CZCW from ACPW in Oct and the dojo was already set up so maybe that had something to do with it. I'll also dig around in those folders and the editor...still very new to toying around with the editor.

And to answer the other guys question, I'm playing C-Verse.

Addendum, actually it is happening with multiple promotions that just refuse to hold any shows in their home regions (and at least 1 promotion that is refusing to hold any in their home country and are just touring japan lol). Has to be something obviously wrong with the mod, but im just struggling to figure out what (shrugs).

You gave them too much popularity in their home area. They can't grow by being over only in Hawaii so they try to run shows elsewhere to facilitate growth. Hawaii has no spillover anywhere so they have to run shows in either Japan or the mainland (most likely the mainland). You can't use the 'stay in my home area and make major bank while growing steadily' strat in TEW20 to the same degree as you could in previous games. Aside from crowd burnout from having many shows in the same area over a relatively short period of time, I believe there's some kind of diminishing return from doing so (probably as a result of lower attendances and viewership). Luckily, in TEW20, the game tells you that when choosing the location for a show (though it doesn't help if the AI is running it because the AI is a moron). You're better off giving P-PAC 50 pop in Hawaii and 30 in South West and maybe 20 in Kanto or something so they can actually hold shows and make a profit while focused on growth.

EDIT: Long story shorter, it's better to give promotions a range of popularity across their game area with their home area slightly higher than trying to create fortress areas. In the example of P-PAC, 50 in Hawaii (which has no spillover), 30 in South West (which will spillover into North West and Mid South....which will spill over into South East and Mid West and MEXICO....which will spillover into.....)

If I perform a show in a venue I make, do i save any money or? Do you make any money out of this? Can other companies perform in there?

Yes. Not really. No.

You gave them too much popularity in their home area. They can't grow by being over only in Hawaii so they try to run shows elsewhere to facilitate growth. Hawaii has no spillover anywhere so they have to run shows in either Japan or the mainland (most likely the mainland). You can't use the 'stay in my home area and make major bank while growing steadily' strat in TEW20 to the same degree as you could in previous games. Aside from crowd burnout from having many shows in the same area over a relatively short period of time, I believe there's some kind of diminishing return from doing so (probably as a result of lower attendances and viewership). Luckily, in TEW20, the game tells you that when choosing the location for a show (though it doesn't help if the AI is running it because the AI is a moron). You're better off giving P-PAC 50 pop in Hawaii and 30 in South West and maybe 20 in Kanto or something so they can actually hold shows and make a profit while focused on growth.

EDIT: Long story shorter, it's better to give promotions a range of popularity across their game area with their home area slightly higher than trying to create fortress areas. In the example of P-PAC, 50 in Hawaii (which has no spillover), 30 in South West (which will spillover into North West and Mid South....which will spill over into South East and Mid West and MEXICO....which will spillover into.....)

Okay that makes sense! Thank you so much! I'll try to fix that and re-test.

Mask Apuestas

Is there an easy way to deal with the AI and unmasking?

This would be using a new mask or just using no mask and the worker image associated with that.

The AI uses apuestas and it shows masks won or lost in the achievements but nothing seems to change when a worker loses their mask -- they continue as if nothing happened and the mask keeps gaining %. Is there another way to change this besides scanning the game world every now and then(also is there an easy way to find matches with apuestas?), making yourself a booker of the company they are with and changing it through "change character design"?

Maybe I am just missing something completely.