General Gameplay Questions Thread

Wouldn't that one force me to point fingers at the culprit of the distraction ?

Basically, right now the scenario is this: I have Shaheem Ali needing to win against Cheeseburger to catch up on Cheeseburger and YUTA at the top of the bracket on his last match. Since he already cheated a couple of times with his manager, Ric Reese, interfering to distract the referee, Reese has been banned from ringside for the rest of the tournament.

So for the last couple of matches, he's found new ways to help: first they hired the guy who was dead last in the tournament to fake an attack on Ali and give him the win by DQ, and when the GM realised that, she decided to make the very last match (Ali vs Cheeseburger) a "Everyone is banned from ringside" match.

So, during said match, I intend to have Reese go to the audio truck and bribe them to air another worker (probably Isom or YUTA) themesong: that way, Cheeseburger gets distracted, Ali does a flash pinfall for the win, and since there is no proof of Reese implication, the suspicions will be on Isom/YUTA even though he'll be complelty innocent.

The thing is, with that distraction note, it seems like I have to say "Reese is the culprit" right from the start and I can't seem to find a road agent note that in kayfabe leaves the doubt.

I guess if you're using another wrestler's theme then they would be the distraction chosen - there isn't really a note for what you're looking for exactly. Choosing the wrestler whose theme is played gives you that in doubt you're looking for because it can always be written/interpreted as it only being the theme and not having a physical appearance (despite what TEW will say).

Momentum

I'm running TCW and having difficulty getting any of my unimportant workers to recognisable and I wonder if anyone can shed some light on this;

Do wins on pre-show matches for TV increase momentum? So far I have seen no effect at all

Do wins on B-shows increase momentum? Again I have seen no gains from this either.

I have been trying to get my UC over and he has 13 wins in a row on tv but has not increased from warm momentum (which he got to ages ago). Does it matter that these wins are in 3v3s? He the one getting the pins.

Is my game bugged? Is momentum gain just really slow in TEW 2020? I can't find a way to test it because the editor doesn't show momentum.

What happens if you hire a wrestler as 'Whatever is needed' and you want use him as a backstage personality? Will he get angry at you?

I'm playing as QAW and want to have a 'himbo' backstage interviewer, just a real high sex appeal, good on the mic, etc. I can't find any personalities or managers with those attributes, but I found some young wrestlers that fit the bill. Can I get away with hiring them?

I'm running TCW and having difficulty getting any of my unimportant workers to recognisable and I wonder if anyone can shed some light on this;

Do wins on pre-show matches for TV increase momentum? So far I have seen no effect at all

Do wins on B-shows increase momentum? Again I have seen no gains from this either.

I have been trying to get my UC over and he has 13 wins in a row on tv but has not increased from warm momentum (which he got to ages ago). Does it matter that these wins are in 3v3s? He the one getting the pins.

Is my game bugged? Is momentum gain just really slow in TEW 2020? I can't find a way to test it because the editor doesn't show momentum.

Sorry to bump this so quick but can someone tell me how Felipe Caballero is losing momentum here:

pD79J4J.png

Proficent Playboys is his tag team. He has a very good gimmick and is in a storyline with a fairly good success level.

He was neutral momentum forever, despite a winning record for the past 12 months and now he has dropped to cooled despite me pushing him.

I don't think the loss to Americana (who is a major star) dropped his momentum, I think it happened after the tag team win on a b-show.

I don't get it, I have been playing these games for 15 years and this is the most frustrated I have been with it.

Workers rated as "Unimportat" don't get momentum changes from matches. It's a double edged sword.... unimportant workers won't end up with tanked momentum as you build their popularity up towards Recognisable, but similarly they don't get momentum gains at the point when barely anyone knows or cares about them.

Angles can still produce momentum changes for Unimportant workers, so you have to be careful about that as it's very easy to end up giving someone a momentum damaging loss in an angle that won't be fixed by a win in a match.

Workers rated as "Unimportat" don't get momentum changes from matches. It's a double edged sword.... unimportant workers won't end up with tanked momentum as you build their popularity up towards Recognisable, but similarly they don't get momentum gains at the point when barely anyone knows or cares about them.

Angles can still produce momentum changes for Unimportant workers, so you have to be careful about that as it's very easy to end up giving someone a momentum damaging loss in an angle that won't be fixed by a win in a match.

Thanks Derek. I did some more research on the board and it does seem like angles are the way until workers are over enough to be recognisable. Running a Large company probably means they need to be pretty over to be recognisable too (about 50 pop).

I don't use storyline success so I guess it's just a case of putting up and comers in storylines with over talent?

What do you think is happening with Cabellero? Bad destiny?

Edit: I remembered that Caballero had a stinker of an angle on a B show which backs up the angle idea even more

What do you think is happening with Cabellero? Bad destiny?

I don't know if it's your problem, but I believe that if you're using someone too much, their momentum can take a hit. So make sure you're not getting the note "Caballero is being over-used on this show" (or "slightly over-used," or "used far too much," etc).

If he's rated as Unimportant, I don't think you get much time before you hit that note, so it's easy to get.

I am a relatively new player, I have only really played two saves much past a year, one on a real world mod (year 3 with NJPW) and one on the cverse (year 3 as BCG) in both examples ive noticed that every company on the game just seems to make more and more money, nobody at all goes under or even particularly struggles - is this normal? or just a random occurrence that happens to have been relevant to my two "long" term saves

I am a relatively new player, I have only really played two saves much past a year, one on a real world mod (year 3 with NJPW) and one on the cverse (year 3 as BCG) in both examples ive noticed that every company on the game just seems to make more and more money, nobody at all goes under or even particularly struggles - is this normal? or just a random occurrence that happens to have been relevant to my two "long" term saves

This has been my experience, as well, in every save game, yes.

The finances in this game have been inflated since release and have never been altered despite the problem being pointed out many, many times. At this point, I can't see it ever being fixed, so I've just learned to live with it, but it doesn't make for a dynamic game world when you have dozens of companies never in any danger.

I've been working on a major broadcaster overhaul for my CV97 mod and the outcomes of the finances in there are looking really good so far in long term sims. It's something I might try to import into the main Cornellverse as a mod to see if it can fix up the finances overall and stop companies amassing vast fortunes. :)

Somewhat on topic - I'm doing a local to global cverse save in Southern England and in the second or third year CWA went out of business. I was so new to the game when it happened but now looking back it seems really weird. Anyone else have that happen?

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="H3power" data-cite="H3power" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47568" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Somewhat on topic - I'm doing a local to global cverse save in Southern England and in the second or third year CWA went out of business. I was so new to the game when it happened but now looking back it seems really weird. Anyone else have that happen?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> CWA will occasionally go out of business, it's nowhere near a guaranteed thing, but it isn't uncommon.</p><p> </p><p> At least from what I've seen in my games.</p>

I recently picked up 2020 and am in the part of my first local to global game where I'm getting into broadcasting and continuing to grow my company. I'm mainly curious about what are the pros and cons around running and broadcasting events vs focusing on TV shows. Is there any real difference? Is one preferable to the other?

I have a worker who after every single show is getting a morale hit due to "feeling isolated backstage." Any idea what's causing this?

Not enough workers that speak his main language. Either bring more that do or he'll pick the main one in the locker room eventually.

I recently picked up 2020 and am in the part of my first local to global game where I'm getting into broadcasting and continuing to grow my company. I'm mainly curious about what are the pros and cons around running and broadcasting events vs focusing on TV shows. Is there any real difference? Is one preferable to the other?

You may possibly get more revenue depending on the broadcasting company and its coverage. Events also tend to have better popularity gains if they have a better coverage.