General Gameplay Questions Thread

I am almost certain that you do not gain experience if you are not a named tag team. I'm not sure if you do or do not if the team is set as Inactive.

Well, damn. I guess I'll have to set the couple of teams I use as "Power couples", just in case I ever create an Intergender tag title.

Other small question, this time about regens: are there things I should absolutely look for when hiring generated workers ? Obviously, if they're already great in ring workers, I won't hesitate but are there clear signs someone has a great future in front of him/her ? I'm the day before graduation in my save and since I haven't had a small company with a Dojo, I intend to try and see if I get a future star in the making for free :p

Well, damn. I guess I'll have to set the couple of teams I use as "Power couples", just in case I ever create an Intergender tag title.

Other small question, this time about regens: are there things I should absolutely look for when hiring generated workers ? Obviously, if they're already great in ring workers, I won't hesitate but are there clear signs someone has a great future in front of him/her ? I'm the day before graduation in my save and since I haven't had a small company with a Dojo, I intend to try and see if I get a future star in the making for free :p

The Star Quality being high right out of the gate or the Prodigy attribute

<p>Does Star Quality suffice even if they're awful wrestlers ? </p><p> </p><p>

I checked who other dojos had as graduates since the beginning of the save, and I've seen a guy with a 87 in Star Quality, but with wrestling stats lower than 20, 3 in Charisma and 0 in Mic skill (which I'm going to assume means he's mute, because I just can't picture someone being that bad with a microphone). Would that still be an interesting prospect, or did you mean "decent-ish wrestling skills and Star Quality = sign that worker" and I just missed the obvious implication ?</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="ArcheoOutOfNowhere" data-cite="ArcheoOutOfNowhere" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47568" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Does Stae Quality suffice even if they're awful wrestlers ? <p> </p><p> I checked who other dojos had as graduates since the beginning of the save, and I've seen a guy with a 87 in Star Quality, but with wrestling stats lower than 20, 3 in Charisma and 0 in Mic skill (which I'm going to assume means he's mute, because I just can't picture someone being that bad with a microphone). Would that still be an interesting prospect, or did you mean "decent-ish wrestling skills and Star Quality = sign that worker" and I just missed the obvious implication ?</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Certain skills don't rise naturally. Star Quality and Sex Appeal will only rise with a change in body type, with SA declining with age. Mic skills do grow, but slowly, same as primary skills. Basics, consistency, stamina and safety tend to grow quickly early in a worker's career. I tend to hire everybody and see how quickly their psychology and selling grow. This tends to indicate how high they will eventually grow. Psychology and selling are big limiters for overall match rating (especially at the top end).</p>

<p>Worker Performance Oversees</p><p> </p><p>

I'm playing a mid company in the US. My popularity is 42 at home. I ran a show in England where my popularity is 12. While my best performers average around 45 to 50 in individual performance at home, when I went to England they performed half as well. Even when doing promos, they performed half as well than they usually do at home. Is there an explanation for this? Jet lag? LOL Just curious.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="ccgmacc69" data-cite="ccgmacc69" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47568" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I'm playing a mid company in the US. My popularity is 42 at home. I ran a show in England where my popularity is 12. While my best performers average around 45 to 50 in individual performance at home, when I went to England they performed half as well. Even when doing promos, they performed half as well than they usually do at home. Is there an explanation for this? Jet lag? LOL Just curious.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> You're probably running a style that weighs popularity fairly largely, then. So, you can expect lower ratings when running in places where your workers are not as popular.</p>

Creative Control Across Companies?

I just noticed something interesting today. If you take a worker on an alliance loan, they can potentially block your booking decisions with creative control. I can only assume this worker has creative control in their contract with their home company? Not that I had any way of knowing that (pretty sure you can't see the details of a worker's contract if it's in another company). It's kind of a nasty surprise to pay for a worker, setup a match, and then see they blocked the booking.

For one, why would their creative control clause apply to your company? I didn't agree to that. Second, how was I even supposed to know he had that arrangement before I took him on loan? It's a little baffling unless I'm overlooking something, loans can be potentially dangerous to your plans because you have workers who can just veto stuff without you even having any way to anticipate that being a thing. And then if I can't make the match work out, I just paid a company to not use the worker like a sucker.

I just noticed something interesting today. If you take a worker on an alliance loan, they can potentially block your booking decisions with creative control. I can only assume this worker has creative control in their contract with their home company? Not that I had any way of knowing that (pretty sure you can't see the details of a worker's contract if it's in another company). It's kind of a nasty surprise to pay for a worker, setup a match, and then see they blocked the booking.

For one, why would their creative control clause apply to your company? I didn't agree to that. Second, how was I even supposed to know he had that arrangement before I took him on loan? It's a little baffling unless I'm overlooking something, loans can be potentially dangerous to your plans because you have workers who can just veto stuff without you even having any way to anticipate that being a thing. And then if I can't make the match work out, I just paid a company to not use the worker like a sucker.

I believe that when you borrow a worker, they always get creative control. I think it's intended to represent that the other company won't agree to lend you one of their top stars just so that you can have them put over your guys and steal their pop. It's probably better to think of it as the other company having creative control rather than the worker. (At least, I think this is how it worked in previous versions of TEW).

I believe that when you borrow a worker, they always get creative control. I think it's intended to represent that the other company won't agree to lend you one of their top stars just so that you can have them put over your guys and steal their pop. It's probably better to think of it as the other company having creative control rather than the worker. (At least, I think this is how it worked in previous versions of TEW).

Okay, that makes more sense if I look at it like that. Granted, I'm sure the AI doesn't play by the same rules and is probably free to job my stars out if they borrowed them xP

<p>I'm playing in a two player game with a friend and I am playing as his child-company. I have a TV deal through his broadcaster and through youtube. The child company has 35 pop across NA and very low pop in other areas of the world with some TV exposure through the broadcaster.</p><p> </p><p>

Whenever I do shows, I get the note that there were no popularity changes on from the show, despite my show ratings be upper 50s, well above the 35 company popularity.</p><p> </p><p>

Any explanations/suggestions?</p><p> </p><p>

Posted this in small questions already but no replies yet so was hoping to get more eyes on it.</p>

I'm playing in a two player game with a friend and I am playing as his child-company. I have a TV deal through his broadcaster and through youtube. The child company has 35 pop across NA and very low pop in other areas of the world with some TV exposure through the broadcaster.

Whenever I do shows, I get the note that there were no popularity changes on from the show, despite my show ratings be upper 50s, well above the 35 company popularity.

Any explanations/suggestions?

Posted this in small questions already but no replies yet so was hoping to get more eyes on it.

I think child companies have a limit on pop? Maybe you've capped?

I'm confused about penalties for dangerous match set ups with some of the product types. I can't do TLC or Steel Cell matches without getting penalized while using Crash TV or Attitude Era product bases which doesn't quite make sense. Is there any way to kinda modify products where you can do those match types unpenalized with those type of product bases?

Without lowering the match danger level to something unrealistically low

E: Ehh, I guess setting the injury risk to average for steel cell and TLC matches ain't too far off. Still though, I don't get why dangerous match set ups would be penalized under those product bases but oh well.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="TOTKingNothing" data-cite="TOTKingNothing" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47568" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I'm playing in a two player game with a friend and I am playing as his child-company. I have a TV deal through his broadcaster and through youtube. The child company has 35 pop across NA and very low pop in other areas of the world with some TV exposure through the broadcaster.<p> </p><p> Whenever I do shows, I get the note that there were no popularity changes on from the show, despite my show ratings be upper 50s, well above the 35 company popularity.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Either you've reached the upper limit on what that company can achieve with that level of exposure or you're getting penalties that are cancelling out any gains (usually that means the industry in that area is tanking).</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="mrbeverly25" data-cite="mrbeverly25" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47568" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I'm confused about penalties for dangerous match set ups with some of the product types. I can't do TLC or Steel Cell matches without getting penalized while using Crash TV or Attitude Era product bases which doesn't quite make sense. Is there any way to kinda modify products where you can do those match types unpenalized with those type of product bases?<p> </p><p> Without lowering the match danger level to something unrealistically low</p><p> </p><p> E: Ehh, I guess setting the injury risk to average for steel cell and TLC matches ain't too far off. Still though, I don't get why dangerous match set ups would be penalized under those product bases but oh well.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Why don't you just create your own match type, with the risk type to suit?</p>

• 2 weeks later...
I've noticed an issue with trying to book for AEW in the RW stuff... it comes with multiple shows scheduled in the same night. Since AEW record Dark and Dynamite in the same night, that's how it's currently set up. The problem with this is that in TEW, it forces me to book for Dark first and then Dynamite... well that basically has me lock in an arena for my B show that then my A show is restricted to. So I'm basically holding Dynamite in an arena that has less than 1K max attendance when the show will need like 5K or something. Sure, I could just guess what Dynamite might draw and book that venue for Dark... but that's going to lead to over or under-booking most of the time, I think. If I could only book for Dynamite FIRST, then this wouldn't be a problem. Does anyone know a way around this?

I've noticed an issue with trying to book for AEW in the RW stuff... it comes with multiple shows scheduled in the same night. Since AEW record Dark and Dynamite in the same night, that's how it's currently set up. The problem with this is that in TEW, it forces me to book for Dark first and then Dynamite... well that basically has me lock in an arena for my B show that then my A show is restricted to. So I'm basically holding Dynamite in an arena that has less than 1K max attendance when the show will need like 5K or something. Sure, I could just guess what Dynamite might draw and book that venue for Dark... but that's going to lead to over or under-booking most of the time, I think. If I could only book for Dynamite FIRST, then this wouldn't be a problem. Does anyone know a way around this?

You can set the order via Office > Events & TV > Show Priority.

I think you're misunderstanding something with regard to attendances, as the estimate already takes into account other shows that are to take place that night, it's not just the current show like you seem to think.

You can set the order via Office > Events & TV > Show Priority.

I think you're misunderstanding something with regard to attendances, as the estimate already takes into account other shows that are to take place that night, it's not just the current show like you seem to think.

Hmm... well, why did the auto suggestion book me in an arena that was smaller than the Dynamite estimated attendance by a good couple thousand?

Also, it seems Show Priority just has options for Events first or TV first but not A show vs B show.

It's the bottom option on that screen.... ascending order is A show first, descending order is B show first.

As for venues, the game can only pick from the available options... if your expected size falls somewhere in between options that are a bit bigger and a bit smaller, it can't get one that's perfect and the game prefers actual venues of generic ones. You can always choose a generic one if you want one that will match closely to your expected attendance, which is what I generally do. :)

So in my save I bought Pro-Wrestling NOAH cause I wanted to help them get back on their feet instead of always sending them money. However I wanna end the relationship. The competition is lacking and I don't want to have them anymore. Can I stop the relationship? If so, how?

If you actually own them (as oppose to having developed a relationship to send them development workers) then your only option if you no longer want them to be associated with you is to close them down via the Close Down button in the Child Companies section.

• 2 weeks later...
Might be a dumb question, but how do I get a developmental organization? Do I have to create a new organization, or does it happen if I takeover an organization? Or either or neither of those.

Yes you can create your child company in the investments screen and yes you can keep open a company you takeover as you child company.

Another option is to ask another company in the relationship screen to accept your workers.